Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
Cheetahs are easy to pop, just go for side torsos. Maybe unplug your joystick next time and use a mouse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

You call it "The Big Bang", but what really happened is
Grimey Drawer

A Curvy Goonette posted:

Cheetahs are easy to pop, just go for side torsos. Maybe unplug your joystick next time and use a mouse.

Cant do, I play with a steering wheel exclusively.

Sard
May 11, 2012

Certified Poster of Culture.
Speaking of Spiders and bullshit, this felt pretty good considering it was done with one SRM4+A with one ton of ammo, two medium lasers, and two machine guns with a half ton of ammo. With flamethrowers getting buffed, I really hope MGs do next, there's no reason for them to be so inaccurate.

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
Oh if you want to just kill the annoying bastards, a Cicada is pretty much purpose built to hunt lights like a foxhound. I've also had a lot of luck using my Ilya Muromets with 3 U/AC5's. They just disintigrate under the fire.

I've actually considered making an Ice Ferrett build to hunt them.

Something like this.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
https://mwomercs.com/kodiak

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Talmonis posted:

Oh if you want to just kill the annoying bastards, a Cicada is pretty much purpose built to hunt lights like a foxhound. I've also had a lot of luck using my Ilya Muromets with 3 U/AC5's. They just disintigrate under the fire.

I've actually considered making an Ice Ferrett build to hunt them.

Something like this.

Hm, might try something like that.

Like that direwolf im just spectating with 5 UAC2 and 11 flamers.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Yolomon Wayne posted:

I have cheetahs, and i know first hand how ridiculous they are.
But when im playing IS, i cant take cheetahs to compete with cheetahs.

The only advantage a Cheetah has over a Firestarter or Jenner is ECM, which isn't that big of a deal. I'm way more scared of 6xSRM4 JennerIIC's than I am of Cheetah's

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
KDK-1
9E 1B 2M

KDK-2
6E 1B 1M, JJ

KDK-3
4E 4B

KDK-4
4E 2B 2M

KDK-5
11E 1B

KDK- Spirit Bear (hero)
2E 1B 4M, MASC

so looks like the hero 'mech is a zippy Atlas-S

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
cheetahs are the hardest lights to take down in the game, period.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
On a scale of slightly dumb to full Star Citizen backer, how much of an idiot would I be for getting that pack.

Fucks sake it would literally be buying internet space pixels three months in advance for actual money. gently caress you PGI, I want space bears without feeling like a complete fuckwit

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
I feel srm hit detection must be so dependent on net code. Some nights I'll put 3x 5srm6a salvos into something and just make their armour turn yellow. So loving frustrating.

One match I deleted two king crabs in succession though with just 2 full salvos to torso each.

:sigh:

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

tarbrush posted:

On a scale of slightly dumb to full Star Citizen backer, how much of an idiot would I be for getting that pack.

Fucks sake it would literally be buying internet space pixels three months in advance for actual money. gently caress you PGI, I want space bears without feeling like a complete fuckwit

counterpoint: these space pixels will actually exist* in three months

*in a virtual sense, but like, they won't just be JPGs

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yes, I know I'm old, get off my fucking lawn so I can yell at these clouds.

This is the first hero mech for Clans, right?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

This is the first hero mech for Clans, right?

and considering how it has near-identical hardpoints to the Atlas-S, a real missed opportunity to name it "Papa Bear"

Talmonis
Jun 24, 2012
The fairy of forgiveness has removed your red text.
:stare: My god, I love the Kodiak. I may have to actually pre-order that.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

tarbrush posted:

Ive paid more for hazy memories of a drunk evening and a bursting headache in the morning, and im willing to bet you have too.

I for one, welcome our new ursine overlord.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
mumble will be having a lot of 4 mech lances come may 17th

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
the hero bear has masc, i'm hosed take my moneyz

sebmojo
Oct 23, 2010

Legit Cyberpunk

Talmonis posted:

You take Firestarters or Jenners with SRM's to compete with Cheetahs.

A cicada 2b with 5 mpl is a good cheetah hunter.

E: jinx

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
So you can basically buy 7 different bears?
5 basics, a champ and a hero?

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

https://mwomercs.com/kodiak

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Yolomon Wayne posted:

So you can basically buy 7 different bears?
5 basics, a champ and a hero?

Well, the champ is identical to the 1

ALso to get the 4 and 5 you need to buy a reinforcements pack for $15, which would bring the total price of a basic pack + hero + reinforcements to $50.

Looking at the hardpoints I"m really not sure the 4 and 5 are worth the extra $15

The Saddest Robot
Apr 17, 2007
Should I buy the flamer range mod for my flamethrower urbanmech?

Y/N

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Cyrano4747 posted:

Well, the champ is identical to the 1

ALso to get the 4 and 5 you need to buy a reinforcements pack for $15, which would bring the total price of a basic pack + hero + reinforcements to $50.

Looking at the hardpoints I"m really not sure the 4 and 5 are worth the extra $15

yeah the 11E one seems interesting but not quite $15 interesting

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

The Saddest Robot posted:

Should I buy the flamer range mod for my flamethrower urbanmech?

Y/N

Duh

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

I want to buy this but have commitment issues with games. 3 months is a long time

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

yeah the 11E one seems interesting but not quite $15 interesting

Thats what i thought, 5E in each arm is the only thing i see hes got going and why would i buy 5 of the same type?
As far as i see only the hero bear has Masc, are the other masc-able?
Only one of them has jumpers, but i dont see any indicator that they can/cant mount steroids.

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

Bait and Swatch posted:

I want to buy this but have commitment issues with games. 3 months is a long time

So just wait until the day before it drops, or even a couple days later to see if it isn't hosed by bad (negative: remember - clans) quirks or whatever.

People make a big deal about the preorder bonuses but really they're not that huge. You only miss out on a few modules and 6m cbills. That's a lot of c-bills, but not enough to get all twisted up about. You can make enough to buy all that poo poo in game over a week of regular play.

teepo
Oct 14, 2004

yospos
the best jenner iic variant was the preorder bonus. it can be a big deal

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

Thats what i thought, 5E in each arm is the only thing i see hes got going and why would i buy 5 of the same type?
As far as i see only the hero bear has Masc, are the other masc-able?
Only one of them has jumpers, but i dont see any indicator that they can/cant mount steroids.

just the hero I think

Cyrano4747
Sep 25, 2006

teepo posted:

the best jenner iic variant was the preorder bonus. it can be a big deal

Note that none of these, or the IS ones that people constantly moan about not getting the pre-order bonus with, have a mech as the bonus.

If there is an awesome mech? Sure, but they seem to be in a pattern now of just giving a bunch of c-bills and modules.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer

Pattonesque posted:

just the hero I think

Im tempted to buy the collectors pack for the 3x warhorns.
On the other hand, 20 bucks for more bear horns isnt worth it.

Yolomon Wayne
Jun 10, 2014

Grimey Drawer
gently caress it, i bought the standard pack.
Still unsure about the hero though.

Hardpoints look like a buffed dad with crack instead of ghost.
If this game had melee, there wouldnt be a second thought about it.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004

Yolomon Wayne posted:

gently caress it, i bought the standard pack.
Still unsure about the hero though.

Hardpoints look like a buffed dad with crack instead of ghost.
If this game had melee, there wouldnt be a second thought about it.

I doubt they'll ever add melee but if they did and released a pack with like, the Hatchetman and three other melee-focused 'mechs they would make a shitload of money

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

Bait and Swatch posted:

The basic pack is super expensive and the mech will probably be garbage, especially if they give it a wide arm stance and make it stand like a king crab. It looks cool at least, but it's just going to end up being a bigger gargoyle. I'm glad I was able to buy a pack including the hero for $20 when I bought the cheetah pack because it looks like that will never happen again, the heroes are always going to be an extra $15 and that is literally the only reason to buy one of these packs in the first place.

high six
Feb 6, 2010
Any recommendations as to a good Banshee-3E build? Also, one for the Grasshopper? Am considering getting them during the sale.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Washout posted:

The basic pack is super expensive and the mech will probably be garbage, especially if they give it a wide arm stance and make it stand like a king crab. It looks cool at least. I'm glad I was able to buy a pack including the hero for $20 when I bought the cheetah pack because it looks like that will never happen again, the heroes are always going to be an extra $15 and that is literally the only reason to buy one of these packs in the first place.
The actual reason is that they come with a month of premium time on top of the mechs for $20.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

So, I was playing around with a trial Thunderbolt, and apparently I loving love LPLs.

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"

sarmhan posted:

The actual reason is that they come with a month of premium time on top of the mechs for $20.

My cheetah pack also came with 30 days premium time, 3 variants including a 30% cbill boost invasion variant, only one warhorn tho.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

novaSphere
Jan 25, 2003

Urgh, the Hero Kodiak is the sole variant with MASC and has 4 Missile hardpoints.

• Locked thread