Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

BuhamutZeo posted:

So I think a really simple, nice mod to make would be one that replaces a mimic grenade's hologram of the soldier who threw it, with one of those on your memorial wall. Just so the fallen can continue to protect their comrades. :patriot:

Nah, instead of a single soldier it should literally just be the memorial wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Serious Frolicking posted:

I'd like to see toxic weapons, personally. Guns with big bonuses against one enemy species but largely subpar against everything else. Sure, that is just micro managing poo poo for its own sake, but having options is fun.

Oh, you mean like the Toxin guns from Apocalypse?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Joke mimic beacon model replacements are the future.

^^^^ I could never get apocalypse to run.

Rexicon1
Oct 9, 2007

A Shameful Path Led You Here

tarbrush posted:

Will it be possible to do a goon character pack? Like if we all made ourselves, how easy would that be to collate into one pack?

it would all be the fattest ugliest female face we could all make, it would be aclone army of horrific troll people

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Speedball posted:

Oh, you mean like the Toxin guns from Apocalypse?

Toxiguns loving sucked because they sounded like shooting farts at people and couldn't blow stuff up or destroy terrain but were the best weapons in the game by a country mile.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I can't wait to download one of the thousand Hatsune Miku mimic beacon mods that'll get made by next week.

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!
Hah, Steam has the manual available. It's 13 pages of basic instructions and 13 pages of credits.

LightWarden
Mar 18, 2007

Lander county's safe as heaven,
despite all the strife and boilin',
Tin Star,
Oh how she's an icon of the eastern west,
But now the time has come to end our song,
of the Tin Star, the Tin Star!

Speedball posted:

Whoah, Skulljacking spoilers: First time you skulljack an Advent Officer, you "Unlock access to enemy data codex." That LITERALLY causes a Codex to spawn on the spot.

Yeah, if you do not know what you're up against and get that done near the bottom of the turn order you are in for a rough time the following round.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Kanos posted:

Toxiguns loving sucked because they sounded like shooting farts at people and couldn't blow stuff up or destroy terrain but were the best weapons in the game by a country mile.

Can toxiguns do this?

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Kanos posted:

They went through shields! And later enemies all carried shields. That was worth not being able to blow stuff up.

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

JonTerp posted:

It depends on how early they decided to press boxed versions. It's either about half of the game's content or just a steam installer. Either way not gonna fix their problem.

most box copies these days are just steam download links. It's loving hilarious.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Dr. Stab posted:

Can toxiguns do this?

No, and that's explicitly why they sucked.

Speedball posted:

They went through shields! And later enemies all carried shields. That was worth not being able to blow stuff up.

Yeah gameplay wise there was no contest because Toxin C Toxiguns loving murdered everything effortlessly, they were just really unsatisfying to use and a lovely final tier gun.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Dr. Stab posted:

Can toxiguns do this?

You know, video games are pretty ok

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

You sadly couldn't pull of ridiculous barrages of fire in turn-based mode, just real-time mode. But it was amazing.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
Besides, I meant that different toxic guns had bonuses against different species. So, shadow chamber reveals a bunch of mutons in your next mission so you load up on the toxic rifles but not the toxic pistols which are what has the bonuses against advent. Like I said, micromanagement for its own sake. I'm sure that there will be approximately 800 gun variants that ignore cover and do ridiculous damage available within 24 hours of release so I wasn't really suggesting one more.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer

Dr. Stab posted:

Can toxiguns do this?

america.txt right there.

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
I'm not up on the lore of XCom 2. Do we know when the XCom initiative failed? Did all the events in part 1 still take place?

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
I trust someone will mod the commanders office to resemble this?

:stonk:

Godmachine posted:

I'm not up on the lore of XCom 2. Do we know when the XCom initiative failed? Did all the events in part 1 still take place?

The tie-in book explains that a few ufo's were shot down by XCOM, a few successful missions, everything going smoothly, then countries pulled out, funding got cut and someone blabbed about the location of XCOM HQ to the aliens.

Hammerstein
May 6, 2005

YOU DON'T KNOW A DAMN THING ABOUT RACING !
Ooooh, it's gonna be a Feb. 5th midnight release in Europe ? This is a welcome surprise.

SlyFrog
May 16, 2007

What? One name? Who are you, Seal?
It's like a post a minute in here - this thread reeks of nerd ready to burst. I see thousands of imaginary hands reaching for inhalers due to hyperventilation.

Away all Goats
Jul 5, 2005

Goose's rebellion

Dr. Stab posted:

Can toxiguns do this?

Every time I see this I want to replay Apocalypse again but then I'm reminded you have to individually equip and manage like 30+ dudes and just end up playing something else. At the very least I'll raid the Cult of Sirius and blow up their buildings cause gently caress those guys

steakmancer
May 18, 2010

by Lowtax
Anyone know if we can pull some vpn fuckery to play this tonight

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

steakmancer posted:

Anyone know if we can pull some vpn fuckery to play this tonight

Yes, if by tonight you mean tonight GMT, roughly 18 hours from now.

Moonshine Rhyme
Mar 26, 2010

Hate Hate Hate Hate Hate
10am tomorrow pst if I'm not mistaken?

Godmachine
Sep 5, 2004

I am beyond God.
I am Human.
It unlocks tomorrow in Australia at 1pm EST/10am PST. VPN, yo.

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.
I feel so worried, preordered from Funstock digital back in september for 33 bucks and now Im so loving scared of not getting the code by friday (or at all, I really dont know how trustworthy they are, but 33 bucks felt so cheap I gambled).

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

SlyFrog posted:

It's like a post a minute in here - this thread reeks of nerd ready to burst. I see thousands of imaginary hands reaching for inhalers due to hyperventilation.

pimply penises all purple and pulsating

Eimi
Nov 23, 2013

I will never log offshut up.

First thing I'm modding in is Bolters as a fourth tier weapon. :colbert:

Or third. Basically plasma can burn in hell.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Thyrork posted:

I trust someone will mod the commanders office to resemble this?

:stonk:

The tie-in book explains that a few ufo's were shot down by XCOM, a few successful missions, everything going smoothly, then countries pulled out, funding got cut and someone blabbed about the location of XCOM HQ to the aliens.

Or maybe mod it into a completely featureless space, like my place is.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
The one thing I'm definitely going to mod is to make all the plasma hot pink instead of green. Also all the guns will be pink, but that won't require mods.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
So are there no cyberdiscs in this game? That makes me sad.

VVV The floating ball of hate is nice but its not a disc :(

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

Internet Kraken posted:

So are there no cyberdiscs in this game? That makes me sad.

There's something similar but far, far WORSE.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Tentaculats????? :stonk:

ProZocK
Apr 22, 2013
Here, to make up for dicing you, multiple times, have some nice, calm text.

busb posted:

Tentaculats????? :stonk:

Not THAT worse.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I was kidding but i actually don't want to know. Ive kept myself from watching all streams etc apart from the very initial 2 mission ones beaglerush did and am looking forward to the surprises and learning as i play :)

FraudulentEconomics
Oct 14, 2007

Pst...
Why do I feel like Alien Hunters will include a new tier of weaponry? Maybe not tier 4, but definitely tier 3.5 or something.

edit: I feel like the aliens have all of the old school designs from the invasion mothballed somewhere, and that's what they bring out when poo poo gets real.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
Of all the Day One mods there's probably one that's easily possible, could be really neat/fun, and I don't see anything mentioned about it so far.

Give Psi Troops Reanimation. Advent one-shot your rookie? No problem! Get back up!

Speedball
Apr 15, 2008

BenRGamer posted:

Of all the Day One mods there's probably one that's easily possible, could be really neat/fun, and I don't see anything mentioned about it so far.

Give Psi Troops Reanimation. Advent one-shot your rookie? No problem! Get back up!

That would be pretty drat amazing. Letting US have a zombie? Yes please!

Klyith
Aug 3, 2007

GBS Pledge Week
The one thing I've decided watching the various youtube advance videos is that I really hate the screen-edge concealment effect at mission start. Something about the wavy blue poo poo plus map fog plus camera motion just hits me the wrong way. Like a little bit of motion sickness or something, which is unusual for me. I rarely have problems with that even while playing games so it that's happening just watching a video I'm a bit worried.

Hopefully there will be a quick mod to just remove it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

tarbrush posted:

Will it be possible to do a goon character pack? Like if we all made ourselves, how easy would that be to collate into one pack?

Based on this video, it seems like it can be done relatively simply. Tell you what, if anybody wants to make themselves (or something they'd like us all to imagine they look like) in game and then export it as a file and send it to me, I'll put them together and throw the file up somewhere for people to grab.

Rules:

1) Give the character an actual human goddamned name. It doesn't have to be YOUR name, since I have no way of checking, but it shouldn't be like "Buttass McDongs" or anything.
2) Make the nickname your SA username so people know who they're getting viciously murdered by snake ladies.
3) Export the soldier as a new pool that's just for it named with your username.

E-mail address is [my username]@gmail.com, just attach the file or put it somewhere and send me a link.