Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Sexpansion posted:

We need a shotcaller option for new team select. mid/shotcaller

I kept shouting "WIN THE TEAM FIGHT!", but you guys didn't. If you had followed my shot calling we would have won easily. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
That would encourage toxicity and ganging up. Riot Lyte said so.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

Zaodai posted:

I kept shouting "WIN THE TEAM FIGHT!", but you guys didn't. If you had followed my shot calling we would have won easily. :colbert:

The hai school of calling

Kooriken
Dec 27, 2012

This thread is beneath my talent, but I....shall elevate it.
The secret to winning as Jhin is to have Morgana support and laugh as the enemy ADC/Support is rooted for approximately 900 years while you murder them at your leisure.

Bholder
Feb 26, 2013

Gibberish posted:

That would encourage toxicity and ganging up. Riot Lyte said so.

And he would be right

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I still really think Jhin should have been a Caitlyn rework. But he's pretty fun when you do it right, my problem has been losing lane because the other team has a more aggressive bot lane and I don't have enough practice as Jhin to play defensively. Admittedly I'm bad at defensive laning anyway so that's nothing new.

Poulpe
Nov 11, 2006
Canadian Santa Extraordinaire

Lord_Magmar posted:

I still really think Jhin should have been a Caitlyn rework. But he's pretty fun when you do it right, my problem has been losing lane because the other team has a more aggressive bot lane and I don't have enough practice as Jhin to play defensively. Admittedly I'm bad at defensive laning anyway so that's nothing new.

New Caitlyn is really really fun in a unique way though!
Try maxing your traps first, those things are ridiculous and let you dictate when and where a fight will happen

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011
being able to drop 4 traps at once to blanket a chokepoint is pretty :eyepop: but she still doesn't bring that much to a teamfight unless you're extremely epically good with net timing

Mottie
Mar 30, 2011
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jyA4_LtgohQ
Obviously the best way to play jhin is to nuke with his traps.
I wonder if this procs six instances of deathsfire so you get half the bleed six times

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
If you're going to spend a minute and a half putting 6 traps on the same place, you're probably going to lose the game no matter what, or you're so far ahead you're just trolling. Either way, 10/10

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Lovechop posted:

he said he would shot call, so every time i got a kill i was like 'wow this shot calling is insane!!! how are you doing this!?!' and he was super happy with himself about it :)

Aww

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

So obviously the Graves rework with the ammo mechanic was kind of a test before releasing Jhin, and Riot must have said "Woah, new Graves is so good and everyone loves him this is a really good design". But the whole point of giving Graves ammo is because he is hardly even an ADC anymore, he's just a bursty bruiser, so the ammo system is needed to bottleneck his burst.

So the ammo system of Jhin is really, cripplingly bad for an ADC. It makes trading with him in lane really easy because his reload time is so slow that you can either deny him CS, or just wait around and eat his 4th shot and then just go in and out trade him in the next 4 seconds of free time you have on him. They either need to increase his range, or they need to make his reload time scale up with levels.

Also, I played like 5 games of Udyr, and every game I started out really strong, like 2/0/3, but lost most of them because I couldn't keep it going mid game. This was also a case of at least 1 lane feeding pretty hard, but I still felt like I should have been able to do more with that lead. What exactly should I be doing around the time laning phase is over? Just split pushing or trying to duel people?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I really like the rest of Caitlyn's kit but I think her ult feels like one of the least satisfying ults in the game. Yeah, it's fun to get a headshot on an enemy who escapes with low health but otherwise it's meeeh.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

10 game Udyr win streak had to end some time. :(

An Illaoi handily crushed our Irelia, who kept fighting after getting hit by hook, and eating tons of tentacle damage, while down in mid lane a Fizz got utterly decimated by a Twisted Fate. Try as I might, I couldn't peel for our Vayne forever, even with the help of a Soraka healing. Much sadness this day.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

I really like the rest of Caitlyn's kit but I think her ult feels like one of the least satisfying ults in the game. Yeah, it's fun to get a headshot on an enemy who escapes with low health but otherwise it's meeeh.

They should just delete Jhin from the game and give his ult to Caitlyn.

Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?
I think Caitlyn is supposed to have a relatively simple ult. Plenty of playmaking in an ability that forces your opponent and their teammates react.

That being said Jhin totally does the sniper fantasy better. Maybe they should go back and make her gun an assault rifle? Makes more sense.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Servaetes posted:

I think Caitlyn is supposed to have a relatively simple ult. Plenty of playmaking in an ability that forces your opponent and their teammates react.

That being said Jhin totally does the sniper fantasy better. Maybe they should go back and make her gun an assault rifle? Makes more sense.

I like the idea of it being a simple ult but I think it needs some kind of extra oomph to really make it feel good.

I'm not sure of how you can fix it without just entirely redoing it. If I had to suggest something I would suggest something that makes it being blocked feel like like a complete flop so it feels more meaningful if Garen or whoever takes the bullet instead of it just feeling like your ult got wasted.

A part of me thinks it might be fun of an enemy besides the one targeted took extra damage or something from the ult instead, but that's probably a bit too awkward and unintuitive for the idea they have.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

ImpAtom posted:

A part of me thinks it might be fun of an enemy besides the one targeted took extra damage or something from the ult instead, but that's probably a bit too awkward and unintuitive for the idea they have.

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe add a "If an enemy other than the marked target is hit by the bullet, they take an additional (x%) damage" or something. That would at least make it a little bit more of a risk doing it, whereas now even the squishiest champ can intercept it if they want. Or maybe even just like a massive slow/root if an unintended target took the damage? That way if the enemy team was trying to disengage they would have to choose between one of them dying or one possibly getting caught out.

kingcobweb
Apr 16, 2005
Caitlyn ult owns actually because you get amazing videos of people blocking/not blocking it

Chumppell
Nov 9, 2007

kingcobweb posted:

Caitlyn ult owns actually because you get amazing videos of people blocking/not blocking it

This will happen with Jhin also though, plus its way cooler ?!??!

Rework Caitlyn, her gimmick in funny moment videos is being infringed.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Tequila Sunrise posted:

This is exactly what I was thinking. Maybe add a "If an enemy other than the marked target is hit by the bullet, they take an additional (x%) damage" or something. That would at least make it a little bit more of a risk doing it, whereas now even the squishiest champ can intercept it if they want. Or maybe even just like a massive slow/root if an unintended target took the damage? That way if the enemy team was trying to disengage they would have to choose between one of them dying or one possibly getting caught out.

Yeah. The way I feel is that the big power moment of Cait's ult isn't it hitting, it is people scrambling in front of/away from it and trying to add to that is the best way to make it feel better. If getting hit by the bullet when you're not the target is a bad thing then you get the fun (and team-disrupting) moment of people scrambling into its path and away from its path and the target trying to manipulate it to hit the right target/not hit anyone but the targeted enemy.

Aerox
Jan 8, 2012

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Then you just aim for a different target to be sure it's blocked; it doesn't really solve much.

Also the idea of a sniper intentionally wanting to hit the wrong target seems pretty silly.

GET INTO DA CHOPPA
Nov 22, 2007
D:
Does anyone want to analyze my bad plays? http://www.replay.gg/search/euw/InternetFriend#2505449433
I was fairly certain we had this game, and I'm not sure what I could've done differently.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Lovechop posted:

paging rabidsquid

Did you poll the team to find out who had the biggest earring or was the Frenchman who lost the most weight?

foutre
Sep 4, 2011

:toot: RIP ZEEZ :toot:
Re: Udyr chat, I was checking what to ban. Turns out Udyr has a 58% win rate right now in plat, 57% in gold. Drops off in dia+, but holy gently caress, I knew he was strong in solo q atm but didn't think it was that extreme.

E: wait, no it's above 57% in diamond too, the lowest he goes is 54% in bronze. Interesting that his win rate goes down in low elo, but more importantly, wtf.

High pick rates at all elos too. Jesus.

foutre fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Feb 4, 2016

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Caitlyn's ultimate shouldn't be blocked, instead everyone who eats the bullet before the target reduces the damage the target takes. So it's always gauranteed to hit but you can probably save the target by lining up.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

10 game Udyr win streak had to end some time. :(

An Illaoi handily crushed our Irelia, who kept fighting after getting hit by hook, and eating tons of tentacle damage, while down in mid lane a Fizz got utterly decimated by a Twisted Fate. Try as I might, I couldn't peel for our Vayne forever, even with the help of a Soraka healing. Much sadness this day.

RIP Goon Hero

Edit: I have begun testing my ability to play your build and I am discovering I am running lowish on mana by the time I get to camp 4 if I start on Blue team. I was doing R->W->R assuming no E for ganks and I have only been stance dancing to keep my passive on when it's about to run out. Am I going overboard with it?

Edit 2: Yeah I am clearing the jungle really really slow. You say I should have smite back up by camp 4 but I am getting it up while I'm at camp 3. This is without a leash though, not sure how big a difference it's making.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Feb 4, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010
Going back to Udyr chat:

Udyr currently has the highest winrate in the jungle at around 57% according to Champion.gg

His most successful build? A Runic Echoes build similar to the one I posted before. :smug:

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Probuilds heartily disagrees.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mystery Prize posted:

Going back to Udyr chat:

Udyr currently has the highest winrate in the jungle at around 57% according to Champion.gg

His most successful build? A Runic Echoes build similar to the one I posted before. :smug:

Champion.gg just gives me a white page when I try to load it ATM.

Cloudflare says it's offline.

Gridlocked fucked around with this message at 03:19 on Feb 4, 2016

Mystery Prize
Nov 7, 2010

Gridlocked posted:

Champion.gg just gives me a white page when I try to load it ATM.

Yeah, it's laggy as hell for some reason right now.

Tequila Sunrise posted:

Probuilds heartily disagrees.
The devourer build Mikujin uses isn't bad, by any means. I'm just pointing out the AP one is actually a higher win rate.

Also, I really don't like the idea of leveling E over W. An extra 180-ish damage shield on a 4 second cooldown is unbelievably good for dueling, even if the lifesteal isn't always relevant.

Mystery Prize fucked around with this message at 03:11 on Feb 4, 2016

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Gridlocked posted:

Edit 2: Yeah I am clearing the jungle really really slow. You say I should have smite back up by camp 4 but I am getting it up while I'm at camp 3. This is without a leash though, not sure how big a difference it's making.
If you're just testing it dry in customs then yes, it will be slow. My commentary is all assuming a standard game where you get a leash from your bot lane duo - the stronger the leash the better. It's also worth noting you clear faster on red side (blue start) than on blue side (red start) since you can spam R straight through to keep up passive stacks, and W to soak/top up as you go.

Mystery Prize posted:

Going back to Udyr chat:

It's also likely due to the massive uptick in people wanting to give this a try for funsies lately. Up until earlier today when it was updated the highest winrate build was Devo at 57.6% with similar runes, masteries, etc.

Even the new fad build is maxing E first because it's so strong. Non-Tiger Udyr doesn't duel well, he just ganks well and shits AOE damage for fights. Shield value is largely irrelevant except when diving.

Gibberish
Sep 17, 2002

by R. Guyovich
JP server trip report: Super un-toxic, 10 ping, stole the most famous streamer's IGN, everyone is super polite and they never all chat

goodbye forever NA, rot in pizza

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Mikujin posted:

a bunch of udyr :words:

Hey, thanks for posting this! I've had udyr for a while, but never had a good build for him. I went into a normal game with him and proceeded to wreck face. There's something special about just running at somebody and knowing they're dead.

He's not quite as satisfying as sona, but he's definitely way more fun than Xin, my previous jungler.

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

Gibberish posted:

JP server trip report: Super un-toxic, 10 ping, stole the most famous streamer's IGN, everyone is super polite and they never all chat

goodbye forever NA, rot in pizza

Im so excited.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Mystery Prize posted:

Yeah, it's laggy as hell for some reason right now.

The devourer build Mikujin uses isn't bad, by any means. I'm just pointing out the AP one is actually a higher win rate.

Also, I really don't like the idea of leveling E over W. An extra 180-ish damage shield on a 4 second cooldown is unbelievably good for dueling, even if the lifesteal isn't always relevant.

Yeah, as nice as the movement speed feels, a unleveled 60 HP shield isn't even going to block a casters auto attack and without a strong shield your not going to last long in a real fight as Udyr, all that movement speed isn't worth much in a multi-person fight and the other guy stands and fights you., just taking the shield to rank 2 improves it's strength by 66%

Ra Ra Rasputin fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Mikujin posted:

If you're just testing it dry in customs then yes, it will be slow. My commentary is all assuming a standard game where you get a leash from your bot lane duo - the stronger the leash the better. It's also worth noting you clear faster on red side (blue start) than on blue side (red start) since you can spam R straight through to keep up passive stacks, and W to soak/top up as you go.

Ok sweet just making sure I'm not downsing it up. So when I'm doing that first clear should I be doing the dance to ensure I keep my passive at 3? Also do I just swap to turtle then back to phoenix immediately or is that a waste of mana/life steal time?

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot
To spice it up even more - gently caress building a jungle item on Udyr. None of them give him what he really wants (although the AP item is closest since it gives CDR + MS). Just get Stalkers + Hunter's, then go Trinity Force, Frozen Heart, Dead Man's, and then maybe think about Cinderhulk or get it after your MR item. With Sheen getting massively buffed for him TF first Udyr is a seriously legit build and probably only doesn't show as the highest winrate build on champion.gg because it involves sitting on a half finished item for half an hour.

If you max E second on Udyr it's not to teamfight. It's to have stronger ganks and to be an objective control monster. Udyr's shield is a lovely teamfight tool anyway, what's it's good at is making him a ridiculous duelist.

K8.0 fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Feb 4, 2016

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

When did ranked start allowing the free rotation champs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

breaks
May 12, 2001

I think it's a bug / consequence of the new champ select that they have said they're going to patch sometime soon.

• Locked thread