Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
which sister is best
This poll is closed.
sakura 11 6.96%
hinoka 21 13.29%
camilla 42 26.58%
elise 15 9.49%
im gay (in a nonironic sense) 69 43.67%
Total: 158 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Zep hasn't actually gotten an eye exam ever though.

To my knowledge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Oh no, unexpected underage boobs.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Who knows, maybe I have amnesia like a JRPG protagonist.

Namtab
Feb 22, 2010

Wait do they not do the thing where they shine the light in your eye during your eye test?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

source? looks kinda like YKK.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

El Burbo posted:

i just changed the extension in gimp, then opened it again and resized it

Thanks! I still need to get around to actually learning how GIMP works. It feels so user unfriendly compared to Photoshop.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Motto posted:

there's a good reason for that

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Motto posted:

you nailed it

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Namtab posted:

Wait do they not do the thing where they shine the light in your eye during your eye test?

They do, but that seems pretty rudimentary compared to like checking your periphery vision and dilating your pupils to look at the backs of your eyeballs.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

that's weird, even the eyeglass place i went to last time dilated my pupils

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Someone's jealous.

Sorry Corals
Jan 2, 2010

homeless snail posted:

man I wish I was an anime android girl lesbian

Sephiroth_IRA
Mar 31, 2010

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

how come hellsing ultimate is one of the few anime with 5.1 surround sound

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

it worked for it

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i'm technically short-sighted but it's to such a minor degree that i only found out it was even a problem when i went to get my permit and discovered i couldn't really make out text that you'd see on road signs at a sufficient distance. my glasses are actually a bit too strong for me to use around the house because it makes stuff close to me a bit too closely focused

the weirdest thing is like, you know that thing small children do where they make fun of asians' eyes by pulling at their like, outside edge of the eye area? if i do that it sharpens my long-distance vision to where i'd have no trouble with that stuff

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

the eye chat thread

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm a bit disappointed they didn't show any Lorentz contraction when they were moving at around the speed of light.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Gyra_Solune posted:

the weirdest thing is like, you know that thing small children do where they make fun of asians' eyes by pulling at their like, outside edge of the eye area? if i do that it sharpens my long-distance vision to where i'd have no trouble with that stuff

Yeah, that's what happens when you squint. You block out more of the photons coming from larger angles, so what you see is a clearer image, albeit dimmer. You can get the same effect by looking through a small opening through putting your fingers together.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I do not want to be an android, because androids always want to become human and I am already a human

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Strange Quark posted:

Yeah, that's what happens when you squint. You block out more of the photons coming from larger angles, so what you see is a clearer image, albeit dimmer. You can get the same effect by looking through a small opening through putting your fingers together.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OydqR_7_DjI

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Strange Quark posted:

nah it's not when i just squint, things actually get blurrier when i do that (plus my eyes are pretty narrow already), it's only that specific motion

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
What is this wall of text in episode 3 the subs didn't bother translating

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Strange Quark posted:

What is this wall of text in episode 3 the subs didn't bother translating
For all the good boys and girls
The story so far

With regard to the similarity between the functions of quantum mechanical operation and the distribution functions of statistical physics, the quantum mechanical operation is roughly represented as below:

Z = integral exp(1/h) D|φ|.

If we regard this as a complete summary of the situation, it is the exact result of the GAZE theory1 proposed by WALL and YANN, as well as the WINEBERG-SALAMM theory describing the strong interaction; the quantum chromodynamics are regular under internal canonical modelling.

Clearly, for this well known example, a phase transition region around 10^13 GeV2 does not change the hierarchical structure implying the kinetic variable ϕ, but is instead a classical integration operation.
However, near the end of the 20th century, these unsolved problems of elementary particle theory, superstring theory, strange properties of unitary transformations around the supersymmetric HILVEL space3, and the local space canonical representations were merged into one.

According to Tanhoizer4's first paper, "The ether electrodynamics of objects in motion," Ether corresponds to the particle of the HIGGS field in W/S theory, and vacuum space is defined as the ground state of the field. In general, particles of zero or integral number spin follow BOZEーAINSTEI statistics5, and others follow FERMI/DIRAC statistics. The Plank constant and gravitational constant are determined when high-dimensional space automatically decays into an N-dimensional phase division.

The scattering amplitude describing the scattering process, when we require the causation of complex intensification, turns out to be an analytical function in the complex plane, which by applying CORSEY's integration theorem, results in the Tannhäuser division function.

From Kazumi Amano's paper, published at the conference of All Japan High School Physics.
1 GAZE theory = Gauge Theory
2 GeV = Giga Electron Volt. A unit of energy in High Energy Physics.
3 HILVEL space = Hilbert space
4 Tanhoizer = Tannhäuser
5 BOZE-AINSTEI statistics = Bose-Einstein statistics.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
And to think, Kimiko's not going get Noriko's message for another 30,000 years.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

homeless snail posted:

The story so far

With regard to the similarity between the functions of quantum mechanical operation and the distribution functions of statistical physics, the quantum mechanical operation is roughly represented as below:

If we regard this as a complete summary of the situation, it is the exact result of the GAZE theory1 proposed by WALL and YANN, as well as the WINEBERG-SALAMM theory describing the strong interaction; the quantum chromodynamics are regular under internal canonical modelling.

Clearly, for this well known example, a phase transition region around 10^13 GeV2 does not change the hierarchical structure implying the kinetic variable ϕ, but is instead a classical integration operation.
However, near the end of the 20th century, these unsolved problems of elementary particle theory, superstring theory, strange properties of unitary transformations around the supersymmetric HILVEL space3, and the local space canonical representations were merged into one.

According to Tanhoizer4's first paper, "The ether electrodynamics of objects in motion," Ether corresponds to the particle of the HIGGS field in W/S theory, and vacuum space is defined as the ground state of the field. In general, particles of zero or integral number spin follow BOZEーAINSTEI statistics5, and others follow FERMI/DIRAC statistics. The Plank constant and gravitational constant are determined when high-dimensional space automatically decays into an N-dimensional phase division.

The scattering amplitude describing the scattering process, when we require the causation of complex intensification, turns out to be an analytical function in the complex plane, which by applying CORSEY's integration theorem, results in the Tannhäuser division function.

From Kazumi Amano's paper, published at the conference of All Japan High School Physics.
4 Tanhoizer = Tannhäuser

what show even is this

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Erg posted:

what show even is this

Gunbuster.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Going off what Squark and orv were talking about in the previous page.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

homeless snail posted:

The story so far

4 Tanhoizer = Tannhäuser

Hm, sounds plausible.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Strange Quark posted:

And to think, Kimiko's not going get Noriko's message for another 30,000 years.

Squark if you enjoy Gunbuster I implore you watch Diebuster. Just don't go in expecting more Gunbuster they are actually pretty different

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Davincie posted:

i never realized i had bad eyesight until i got glasses

Kinda weird how that works. I don't remember not being able to see stuff because I was like 6 when I first got glasses, but I do remember always wanting to put my dad's glasses on as a little kid because of how sharp it made things look.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

I was blind as a bat until I got glasses when I was 14.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

do any of the fg people here have recommendations on a good starter stick?

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

littleorv posted:

Squark if you enjoy Gunbuster I implore you watch Diebuster. Just don't go in expecting more Gunbuster they are actually pretty different

I basically thought of it as part of the package. :v:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

rawr

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

using this for a band name

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

ah cool

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

littleorv posted:

They're the same in the sense that they're both brainchilds of the SF/anime nerds of their respective times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
Like, everything that's not hydrogen and helium is made of dead stars. This guy's a dick.

• Locked thread