Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
selec
Sep 6, 2003

Venom Snake posted:

The health insurance industry is profitable? well I never!

The insurance industry has seen 200-300% increases in stock prices since 2010. They are really great at generating profits, it's like they're...profiteers!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thump! posted:

I don't know what she could've said.

poo poo, I don't even know how I feel on the issue, and I don't blame her for being a bit uncertain there.

Bernie would have taken a gun out and put the man out of his misery right there

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thump! posted:

I don't know what she could've said.

poo poo, I don't even know how I feel on the issue, and I don't blame her for being a bit uncertain there.

Yea like, I have personal views on this but I can't really feel comfortable saying that these views should be national law poo poo. I don't blame anyone from responding to that with 'oh gently caress man I don't know?'

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hard Choices book title drop!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004

Venom Snake posted:

Split him like a little piece of kindling for his wood burning stove.

EDIT: Hahaha selective service question

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Good answer

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Hard Choices book title drop!

Is that really a book of hers?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie into mic *psssh* command we got 1 body here for resych.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Oh no not THE DRAFT

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
The correct answer is yes.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009

Venom Snake posted:

who is then

Money going through the DNC to fund raise for democratic candidates? Dollar signs if true.

Members of the Congressional progressive caucus

Money that is strangely absent when DNC candidates get primaried from the left

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Uhmm, how about just abolish the selective service registration? Seriously, what's the good argument against that?

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
"Let me get back to you." - Hillary 2016

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Literally the only time THE DRAFT comes up is when MRAs bitch about women not being in selective service as if feminist leaders haven't had the stance of 'the draft is retarded for anyone but yea if it's gonna happen it should be equal'.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Venom Snake posted:

Probably with incendiary rounds, gotta make sure he feels the Bern.

Cromulent_Chill
Apr 6, 2009

Hahaha assisted suicide question was awesome. Walking on eggshells with no good quote but can't ignore the question. Love it.

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.
What the gently caress are you talking about? Registering to draft =/= being drafted.

I was forced automatically as a male to register. Were you not informed that half your population still gives their information directly to the United States military?

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Literally the only time THE DRAFT comes up is when MRAs bitch about women not being in selective service as if feminist leaders haven't had the stance of 'the draft is retarded for anyone but yea if it's gonna happen it should be equal'.

Seriously, it's such a dumb loving nonissue. If we somehow get caught up in a war where we need a draft, I'm pretty sure no one is gonna give a gently caress about women being in infantry units or not.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Tatum Girlparts posted:

as if feminist leaders haven't had the stance of 'the draft is retarded for anyone but yea if it's gonna happen it should be equal'.

This one didn't.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Thump! posted:

Seriously, it's such a dumb loving nonissue. If we somehow get caught up in a war where we need a draft, I'm pretty sure no one is gonna give a gently caress about women being in infantry units or not.

Yea pretty much if we're bringing the draft back we have waaaay bigger issues than "HEY CHICKS GET DRAFTED TOO RIGHT???"

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

The Kingfish posted:

This one didn't.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
I did not register for selective service, gently caress that poo poo

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I agree it's a stupid question, and the correct answer is "abolish the draft altogether." Her answer was also stupid though.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Hahahaha

AnonymousNarcotics
Aug 6, 2012

we will go far into the sea
you will take me
onto your back
never look back
never look back
I cannot understand a word she's saying. This is Hillary Clinton to me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss2hULhXf04

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002

rscott posted:

I did not register for selective service, gently caress that poo poo

You don't vote either?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yeah it was a bad answer but draft questions are weird to bring up in 2016 tbqh.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Kingfish posted:

This one didn't.

I was talking about leaders at the time when this was a thing. The proper answer to this question in the year of our lord 2016 is 'why are you even asking me this you idiot'.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Needs More Ditka posted:

I agree it's a stupid question, and the correct answer is "abolish the draft altogether." Her answer was also stupid though.

The selective service existing is also a non issue that no one should really give a poo poo about.

Like, yeah, in principle you're right, but it's just such a dumb issue all around.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Hillary is a strong, powerful white woman who don't need no man.

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

I think it's because the heads of the armed forces were supposed to be releasing a report soon giving their opinion on the matter now that women are allowed into all combat roles.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
"Do you still believe there's a vast right wing conspiracy"

bitch where you been

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

Thump! posted:

The selective service existing is also a non issue that no one should really give a poo poo about.

Like, yeah, in principle you're right, but it's just such a dumb issue all around.

Your post is right, but really I'm just sitting here making fun of a terrible fluff piece.

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

Thump! posted:

guarantee 100% reddit tmr is gonna be full of grrrrr shiliary is evil feminist

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Woah, I didn't expect her to own the "vast right wing conspiracy" quote. Good on her for doing it.

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

Tatum Girlparts posted:

'why are you even asking me this you idiot'.

Because military leaders are currently saying it's time for women to register and that would be a major change even without an active draft.

lamentable dustman
Apr 13, 2007

🏆🏆🏆

There is nothing wrong with preping for a draft or whatever. The fact that you still register at 18 is kinda dumb though, seems like the gov't would already have any needed records.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Hillary is anti philanthropy 0_0

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Joementum posted:

Woah, I didn't expect her to own the "vast right wing conspiracy" quote. Good on her for doing it.

I mean of all the times to own it this past 10 years or so has been golden for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
DOWN WITH PHILANTHROPY

• Locked thread