Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

JHVH-1 posted:

Sometimes I forget if she's answering the question or just rambling/evading and talking about herself.

tbf this question is :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

ohh jesuit parabledrop

religions of the book yall

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

How can she SAY that with her FACE?!? "Never thought about being POTUS" my rear end!

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
im the camera cutting to the audience with their faces visibly confused about what just happened

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I am so 100% into everything that's happened here, a rabbi just asked Clinton a loving Jewish educational riddle and she's just kinda rambling about her faith in a surprisingly humanizing way.

She kinda crushed that.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Fix posted:

She kinda crushed that.

She's a great politician and that's why I'm voting for her

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Thump! posted:

Is this the "Jewish Guilt Trip" that I always hear about?

rules lawyering is a virtue.

amaranthine
Aug 27, 2009
I AM A TERRIBLE HUMAN BEING
Up next, after the break: Secretary Clinton, if you met the Buddha on the road, would you kill him?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Fix posted:

She kinda crushed that.

Yea she took a pretty out of left field question and just kinda used it as a springboard to speak on her faith and philosophy in a way I think everyone can relate to.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
like isn't a thing that rabbi's can beat god in debates

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Tatum Girlparts posted:

I am so 100% into everything that's happened here, a rabbi just asked Clinton a loving Jewish educational riddle and she's just kinda rambling about her faith in a surprisingly humanizing way.

Yeah it was a weird rear end question that she just tried her best to answer honestly. It worked.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Thump! posted:

I feel like I just had a stroke listening to this dude's question

I think I had a stroke listening to the answer too jesus christ

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
I guess this gives me hope for senate leader chuck shumer, he will get things passed just by arguing until everyone is dead.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Secretary Clinton, is it truly turtles all the way down? Thank you.

rscott
Dec 10, 2009
There are a lot of Jewish parables where Rabbis and poo poo rules lawyer the poo poo out of God and he's like, "Yeah you got me there"

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Venom Snake posted:

Like half of the Jewish faith is us trying to trick God by TECHNICALLY following his rules but also getting to do what we want.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Yea she took a pretty out of left field question and just kinda used it as a springboard to speak on her faith and philosophy in a way I think everyone can relate to.

Yeah, whenever anyone asks me a spiritual question, I also just list off all the Jews I know. Very relatable.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i'm serious if you haven't heard chuck shumer talk do so now. he turns every interview into a discussion about food and diners.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

this stream is the best

they're showing us world currencies' relation to USD in percentages

with vague rock mood music

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

The Human Crouton posted:

Yeah, whenever anyone asks me a spiritual question, I also just list off all the Jews I know. Very relatable.

that wasn't a spiritual question it was the religious equivalent of "has anyone ever gone to be more like?"

Needs More Ditka
Dec 3, 2005

We are ruthless and ask no quarter from you. When our turn comes we shall not disguise our terrorism.

Venom Snake posted:

quote:

On that day Rabbi Eliezer brought forward all of the arguments in the world [in favor of his position on a certain matter of ritual cleanliness], but they [his colleagues] did not accept them from him. He said to them: “If the law agrees with me, let this carob-tree prove it.” The carob-tree leaped a hundred cubits from its place in the garden. The sages replied: “No proof can be brought from a carob-tree.” He said to them: “If the law agrees with me, let this stream of water prove it.” The stream of water began to flow backwards. The sages replied: “No proof can be brought from a stream of water.” Again he said to them: “If the law agrees with me, let the walls of this schoolhouse prove it.” The walls began to shake and incline to fall. Rabbi Joshua leaped up and rebuked the walls saying: “When disciples of sages engage in legal dispute what is your relevance?” In honor of Rabbi Joshua the walls did not tumble. In honor or Rabbi Eliezer they did not right themselves, and are still inclined even to this day. Again Rabbi Eliezer said to the sages: “If the law agrees with me, let it be proved from Heaven.” A divine voice came forth and said: “Why do you dispute with Rabbi Eliezer, for in all matters the law agrees with him!” But Rabbi Joshua rose to his feet again and exclaimed: “It is not in heaven” [Deut. 30:12; implying that the divine law is now in human hands and open to human interpretation regardless of God’s position]. Some time later, Rabbi Nathan met the prophet Elijah and asked him: “What did the Holy One, blessed be He, do when rebuked by Rabbi Joshua?” Elijah replied: “He laughed with joy saying ‘My children have defeated me, my children have defeated me.’” [Crawford, World Religions and Global Ethics, p. 166; Babylonian Talmud, Bava Metzia 59a-b.]

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Hmmm yes, Bernie Sanders doesn't want to take on corporate interests. That's a thing I totally believe. Good point, Hillary.

VR Native American
May 1, 2009
Gun Saliva
Sanders doesn't go too far enough!!!

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:
Hillary moving left

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Hillary opining on how much she dislikes Wall Street is amazing stuff.

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
she obviously was prepared for this one

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich
And how are you going to fix inversions without lowering corporate taxes?

walgreenslatino
Jun 2, 2015

Lipstick Apathy
A lot of gall for Hillary to imply that Sanders is "too narrow" by talking about Wall Street and not big business and pharmaceuticals, which he actually talked about all night

"I don't know" if I deserved $600,000 for speeches

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
Anderson going in for the kill.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Arkane posted:

And how are you going to fix inversions without lowering corporate taxes?

Nationalization, obviously. Bernie is just thinking too small here.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Hillary come on lol you were always going to run

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Haha another sleazy obvious lie.

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Ew...not the best response...

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

The Human Crouton posted:

It was the spiritual version of 'do you think you're a good person', there's no right answer, literally being able to answer it with more than 'uuuuh' is good.

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

navyjack posted:

How can she SAY that with her FACE?!? "Never thought about being POTUS" my rear end!

she probably didn't, until she realized she could

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Hillary wasn't sure she was going to run for president.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Meh response, Hilldawg

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

Hey, they offered me the money, gently caress it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

mrfreeze
Apr 3, 2009

Jon Arbuckle: Master of pleasuring women

Man they are brutalizing Hillary tonight. Even as a Sanders supporter, he got off super easy tonight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Joementum posted:

Nationalization, obviously. Bernie is just thinking too small here.

Bernie seems like a co-op kind guy tbh

• Locked thread