Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

So far all the OVA villains have been utterly inconsequential, I wonder if that's what ONE intended? So they affect neither manga or anime continuity?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

I can't imagine he'd write up really substantial stories that are supposed to take place between arcs. I wouldn't mind being disproven, but I get the sense that the OVAs are mostly going to be little things that just happen in the characters' lives.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Binary Badger posted:

So far all the OVA villains have been utterly inconsequential, I wonder if that's what ONE intended? So they affect neither manga or anime continuity?

I'd say that's about right. ONE's just using the chance for silly side-stories that would drag down the manga's pacing if they were made there. Can't wait for the next chapter of Saitama and Genos' bachelor roommate adventures, possibly about how one of them snores.

Dr. MonkeyThunder
Sep 21, 2005

All is, if i have grace to use it so...

Binary Badger posted:

They're basically omake, but this whole world is so much fun who cares?

MiniFoo
Dec 25, 2006

METHAMPHETAMINE

I'm pretty sure Murata has been streaming for at least a day now. As in, like, a full twenty-four hours. I am seriously concerned for his health, and what other manga artists and assistants go through all the time.

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

MiniFoo posted:

I'm pretty sure Murata has been streaming for at least a day now. As in, like, a full twenty-four hours. I am seriously concerned for his health, and what other manga artists and assistants go through all the time.

He had ascended to Manga Godhood

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

MiniFoo posted:

It's fine. It's not like he pulled 17 hours at least on Saturday or Sunday.

Dude's insane.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

You should get worried when he smokes so much he could start inking with the ash.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
"I was so obsessed with becoming the world's greatest Manga artist, I transformed into a Demon class monster!"

CLASS: TIGER

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

If Murata was a drawing monster, he'd be God level.

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!
Murata is clearly an S-class mangaka. ONE just broke into B-class, but he's not as famous yet.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!

MiniFoo posted:

Sure he doesn't just leave it on while he's sleeping?

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.

RatHat posted:

Sure he doesn't just leave it on while he's sleeping?

And leave his hands drawing while sleeping

ThatBasqueGuy
Feb 14, 2013

someone introduce jojo to lazyb

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

And leave his hands drawing while sleeping

Would pay to see him draw his dreams in realtime

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
It's a drawing of... Murata streaming himself while drawing

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Raserys posted:

It's a drawing of... Murata streaming himself while drawing

Okay, now it's starting to sound like a Junji Ito story. :ohdear:

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
Eventually Murata will crumble away into dust, but sheets of paper left in his abandoned home will have drawings appear on them overnight

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

And those drawings will still look just as fantastic.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

http://viewer.tonarinoyj.jp/series/FlR8CfEDXW0/FlR8CfEEjOQ?manga=onepanman

Raw update

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

e: argh!

Garou vs Watchdogman!!! Maybe?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
Garou is going to get his rear end beat off-panel by Watchdog-man, isn't he? Go go Watchdog-man!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Murata said on his stream that he already has ideas for how to enhance the final fight of this story arc like he did for the Boros one.

As if the wait for him to get to it wasn't torturous enough already.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Murata said on his stream that he already has ideas for how to enhance the final fight of this story arc like he did for the Boros one.

As if the wait for him to get to it wasn't torturous enough already.

Saitama will get punched so hard he lands on the Sun?

LostRook
Jun 7, 2013
When they mentioned Watchdog-man having his own platform, I was thinking elevated platform that he used to surveyed the city. I didn't imagine it being a recreation of the Hachiko statue.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
That chapter looks gooooooooood

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Good to see Bang is pretty much capable of Saitama-class monster beating.

Daler Mehndi
Apr 10, 2005

Tunak Tunak Tun!

LostRook posted:

When they mentioned Watchdog-man having his own platform, I was thinking elevated platform that he used to surveyed the city. I didn't imagine it being a recreation of the Hachiko statue.
I mistook it for a monument in honor of Watchdog-man.

Cthulhuchan
Nov 10, 2005

Rose: Sip martini thoughtfully.

Such as this one.

Just a tiny sip couldn't hurt...

LostRook posted:

It's pretty much perfection, when you think about it.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon
Is the new one translated anywhere yet? If it is could someone link it?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Doesn't look like it.
Could be a while, it's text heavy.

Man with Hat
Dec 26, 2007

Open up your Dethday present
It's a box of fucking nothing

Exciting Lemon

Josuke Higashikata posted:

Doesn't look like it.
Could be a while, it's text heavy.

Ok, I'll just wait. I've had a hard time finding the translations by myself other than on here lately so whenever someone finds it somewhere, a link would be greatly appreciated!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Man with Hat posted:

Ok, I'll just wait. I've had a hard time finding the translations by myself other than on here lately so whenever someone finds it somewhere, a link would be greatly appreciated!

The OPM reddit often puts a thread up with them and the source is /a/ like 99 times out of 100, so if you're not averse to 4chan, you can just look for OPM threads on there if you know there's a new chapter. (Same goes for the webcomic and Mob Psycho too, fyi)

sharktamer
Oct 30, 2011

Shark tamer ridiculous
or someone could link them here so we don't have to?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

sharktamer posted:

or someone could link them here so we don't have to?

People do link them here when they're posted, I certainly do, though it never hurts to know the actual source for the updates if it's so important for you to actually see them. It wouldn't hurt to actually tell Ultimateking when y'all enjoy what he does by translating them anyway. Gratitude is cheap to give but people appreciate it when offered.

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

ultimateking, just now posted:

back from work. Will start with mp first since it's shorter but I should be able to finish both today. Will open a new thread for each.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Something from fishmas on deviant art

Oh yeah, Speed Of Sound Sonic just can't get over a certain past injury.. :v:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3q0lvo_one-punch-man-blu-ray-dvd-vol-3-ova-pv_shortfilms

Binary Badger fucked around with this message at 06:50 on Feb 7, 2016

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Oh yeah, here is a translated preview of OVA #3, "Bang, who is Overbearing"

http://aitaikimochi.tumblr.com/post/138651054207/one-punch-man-vol-4-dvd-ova-super-pushy-aitaikimochi

Warning, this tumblr page may turn your cursor into a cute little pink bow.

A jargogle
Feb 22, 2011
Are these OVAs actually getting released anywhere on the internet?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Not legally.
They're being DMCA'd quite quickly too but you should be able to find them if you think hard about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

https://imgur.com/a/c2gel