Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Third World Reggin posted:

who is the most liberal republican running right now

Trump.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oiled and Ready
Oct 11, 2004

He wished it could be as respectable and orthodox as spying. But somehow in his hands the traditional tools and attitudes were always employed toward mean ends: cloak for a laundry sack, dagger to peel potatoes, dossiers to fill up dead Sunday afternoons ...

Boosted_C5 posted:

Jesus Christ it's happening all over again.

These diabolical mother fuckers are going to grind us into dust.

They loving played dead and tricked us. Then BAM they all jumped up and made their move today and the coalescing was complete just like that.

NOT AGAIN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT AGAIN.

If Donald Trump can't somehow end the Cruz feud quickly and destroy Rubio, we're hosed. If Trump can't save us from the establishment, no one can and no one ever will.

God help us.

Pretty sure Trump gets this (the part of this post that is real) Romney's run in 2008 is a good case study.

Trump needs to make sure he wins NH and SC , Rubio will win any future caucus. Then he needs to split the majority of March 5th with Cruz and leave only scraps to Rubio. That's where Romney dropped out, but Rubio wouldn't, so from there we'd be into uncharted territory.

If Rubio overperforms any of the above, he wins. No question. Definitely the favorite imo unless you buy the "Trump is a political genius the likes of which have never been seen", which i WANT TO BELIEVE but within 2 weeks I'll stop self-deluding if I must.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

who is the most liberal republican running right now

Gonna beat the usual suspects and say :shillary:

In all seriousness it's Kasich.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

It hasn't even been a week as the winner and he looks rough. This man is not candidate material

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

Yeah there are two ways this is going. Iowa is just being Iowa and picking a loser because they don't see eye to eye with the republican mainstream (see 2012) or Rubio and Cruz become the two main contenders with Trump holding a solid minority of the party's support.

The Kingfish fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Feb 4, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

the_paradigm_shift posted:

It hasn't even been a week as the winner and he looks rough. This man is not candidate material

Someone must have a poorly-shielded microwave nearby or something.

On the other hand maybe he's getting done like Yuschenko by the golden donglord himself.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.
Trump's fall is just so unbelievably lame. Especially after all the buildup. In an instant the balloon pops, and we look around, and this is the normal timeline after all. The obvious establishment candidates get both of the nominations, and Jewel Repetition's toxx comes true.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
pulled this from huffpost

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Jewel Repetition posted:

Trump's fall is just so unbelievably lame. Especially after all the buildup. In an instant the balloon pops, and we look around, and this is the normal timeline after all. The obvious establishment candidates get both of the nominations, and Jewel Repetition's toxx comes true.

A fleeting moment of tense fussing, then an enveloping feeling of shared regret.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

It's poo poo.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

FAUXTON posted:

A fleeting moment of tense fussing, then an enveloping feeling of shared regret.

But enough about Boosted's wedding night

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

The only big surprises for me there are O'Malley and Chafee.

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Jewel Repetition posted:

I'm holding out hope that this is the "Jeb! goes on a killing spree" timeline.

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

https://twitter.com/Pete_Spence/status/694498870911471617

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
This is the loving low point. I want so badly to believe that good can prevail for once. But it's happening all over again, that inevitable tidal wave coming toward me that will once again crush my spirit. That will once again have me, in a few short weeks or months, singing the praises of the chosen stooge like I loved him all along, passionately proclaiming the need to elect him, like it loving matters between him and whatever stooge Wall-Street and the powers that be decide to place in the other party's nomination spot.

I want to believe Trump can break the cycle but history tells me that 2 months from now I'll be a zombie shilling for Rubio, just like I became for Romney, McCain, Bush, every other miserable pile of dog-poo poo that has been forced down my throat.

Born in chains, will die in chains.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
sorry about your momentary glimpse of self-awareness, it will be over soon.

Terror Sweat
Mar 15, 2009

This man thought this was a good insult. What a goddamn loser

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Terror Sweat posted:

couldnt even get his prepositions agreed. a shameful he

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Coatlicue posted:

I'm hoping someone succeeds in knocking him out of his campaign speech answers so we can see whether Rubio can really handle the general.

Given how poorly the Bush/Rubio immigration slap fight went in the last debate...

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Rubio is a noob

Tim Burns Effect
Apr 1, 2011

Terror Sweat posted:

what time zone was medieval time

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is the loving low point. I want so badly to believe that good can prevail for once. But it's happening all over again, that inevitable tidal wave coming toward me that will once again crush my spirit. That will once again have me, in a few short weeks or months, singing the praises of the chosen stooge like I loved him all along, passionately proclaiming the need to elect him, like it loving matters between him and whatever stooge Wall-Street and the powers that be decide to place in the other party's nomination spot.

I want to believe Trump can break the cycle but history tells me that 2 months from now I'll be a zombie shilling for Rubio, just like I became for Romney, McCain, Bush, every other miserable pile of dog-poo poo that has been forced down my throat.

Marco Rubio is a tea party senator why does everyone forget this. You insane people have already infiltrated and taken over your entire party what else do you loving want?

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Boosted_C5 posted:

like every other miserable pile of dog-poo poo that has been forced down my throat

Enough about your stories from the college republican group

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe

U

Zippy the Bummer
Dec 14, 2008

Silent Majority
The Don
LORD COMMANDER OF THE UKRAINIAN ARMED FORCES

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is it.

This is the moment I have been waiting for.

The calm of the storm has passed, the silence has been broken, the bunker is now shaking from the impact of the first bombs dropping.

The establishment war machine is making its move. They're deploying Marco Rubio.

True Patriots mus stand resolute. We cannot lose again. For ONCE, just this ONE time, we have to fight and we have to win. We must withstand the onslaught.

We are running out of time to Make America Great Again.

Trump and Cruz have to bury the hatchet. Don't they see what is happening? gently caress, I SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING.

I got rope-a-doped. I laughed at JEB! I gleefully danced on the GOP's grave.

It was a loving trap. They've been lying in wait all this time. These goddamn mother fuckers are going to try and ratfuck us AGAIN.

NOT THIS TIME. NOT ON MY WATCH. WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

hell yeah

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

oddium posted:

in this very real life that's happening now, jeb bush gave marco rubio a katana imbued with the chi of a powerful warrior and now bush is flailing and rubio is about to be the republican candidate for president. also rubio is thirsty all the time, probably as payment for so much unbound chakra

You speak of the Sword of Chang, a blade with which the free market is unleashed.

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
Rubio falling out of the top 3 in NH would now be amazing.

It almost certainly won't happen, and I'm pretty sure he's going to be the nominee, but I lust for continued chaos.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Boosted_C5 posted:

Jesus Christ it's happening all over again.

These diabolical mother fuckers are going to grind us into dust.

They loving played dead and tricked us. Then BAM they all jumped up and made their move today and the coalescing was complete just like that.

NOT AGAIN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT AGAIN.

If Donald Trump can't somehow end the Cruz feud quickly and destroy Rubio, we're hosed. If Trump can't save us from the establishment, no one can and no one ever will.

God help us.

He was a joke, he's always been a joke. Clinton hired him to run and clown and show you exactly what you've always been.

sexy fucking muskrat
Aug 22, 2010

by exmarx
A couple of goons predicted a while ago that we'd end up with a Rubio-Fiorina ticket, and I fear every day that's becoming more and more likely

FourLeaf
Dec 2, 2011
Trump and Cruz are fools if they continue attacking each other and not Rubio.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

she's not gonna be the vp. she doesn't bring anything to the table

haley from sc isn't the strongest politician in the world but she'd be a better token republiwoman than fiorina. martinez from nm has her problems too. i don't know who rubio'd take as vp, really, i'm guessing a relatively boring pick, but there are better token women to pick than fiorina

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
so at this point it's probably safe to say Rubio has no real skeleton in his closet right? surely Cruz's campaign would have leaked it by now if it were a thing.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006
I know Rubio is going to be the nominee, so much so that I bet a lot of money on it six months ago, but I'll be damned if I don't want to watch this election get crazier.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

so at this point it's probably safe to say Rubio has no real skeleton in his closet right? surely Cruz's campaign would have leaked it by now if it were a thing.

We will probably see stuff floated tomorrow.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler
Calling it now, Rubio/Haley vs Clinton/Castro. Literally a flipped ticket.

Rubio is going to win, and to take back the women's vote he gets Haley because she isn't retarded (Palin) or evil (Fiorina). Clinton counters Rubio with Castro.

quadrophrenic
Feb 4, 2011

WIN MARNIE WIN

Boosted_C5 posted:

this is what I've been waiting for for months :allears:

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 214 days!

Joementum posted:

Huh. A party consensus candidate solidifying support once the voting starts. This is an unexpected turn in the campaign.

Reality returns, and with it, Joementum :neckbeard:

Also, it would be fascinating to watch the GOP try to rally around Rubio, and then get to watch what amounts to a whole election of Biden vs Ryan debates.

Boosted_C5 posted:

At this point, I almost feel guilty. It's like you're forcing yourself to suffer so there will be one last conservative D&D goon.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Pillowpants posted:

I know Rubio is going to be the nominee, so much so that I bet a lot of money on it six months ago, but I'll be damned if I don't want to watch this election get crazier.

The rumor is Rubio got passed over by Romney bc of skeletons. Who knows? I'd love to be a fly on the wall in Hilary's oppo room this cycle.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

It is my staunch belief that, no matter how bisexual Rubio turns out to be, no matter how weak he is on immigration and foam parties, none of The Governors will beat him for the nomination.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

SpiderHyphenMan posted:

Here's what's' gonna happen. Donald Trump is going to not get the nomination, and will say it was because the GOP establishment screwed him over in favor of Bush, Walker, or Rubio. He will then say that the loyalty pledge he signed has been rendered void by this betrayal, and will proceed to run third party, which is the nightmare scenario for the GOP right now.

This post from September 3rd, hopefully is still on track.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CortezFantastic
Aug 10, 2003

I SEE DEMONS

Boosted_C5 posted:

Thanks man, I haven't laughed like that in a while

• Locked thread