Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Someone said it earlier. If you're just loving and running, who cares?

The creepiness factor really shouldn't be concern unless you're trying to nail that poo poo down and she has to introduce you to her parents that are your age (or if you're Greenmeat, younger than you).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Jarmak posted:

So if half+7 isn't a whole year, can you round down? This is important.

Age is just like, a number dude. Don't let the mans social constructs drive your thinking, otherwise you're no better that a racist

Jarmak
Jan 24, 2005

LITERALLY SHAKING posted:

Someone said it earlier. If you're just loving and running, who cares?

The creepiness factor really shouldn't be concern unless you're trying to nail that poo poo down and she has to introduce you to her parents that are your age (or if you're Greenmeat, younger than you).

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter, I was just joking cause I've turned 29 now so 21 is no longer technically half+7.

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Jarmak posted:

This is pretty much my thoughts on the matter, I was just joking cause I've turned 29 now so 21 is no longer technically half+7.

smash gash

Xenaba
Feb 18, 2003
Pillbug

Jarmak posted:

Nothing wrong with that. If I was single I don't think I'd dip below 21 though.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

Jarmak posted:

nah, you're good. Just make sure you never turn 30

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Age is just like, a number dude. Don't let the mans social constructs drive your thinking, otherwise you're no better that a racist
She's 12, she's my soulmate, we both like the pony show.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Casimir Radon posted:

She's 12, she's my soulmate, we both like the pony show.

Didn't know you were Intel

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.
So apparently the word "fleek" is a thing? I guess it means "cool and good"? I feel like someone ripped it straight from a novel about teenagers in the future. "Totally grokked that zark, it was on fleek"

What the gently caress

If a person says "bae" or "fleek" they're too young for you

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Quality posting direct from my brain to your face holes.

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

So apparently the word "fleek" is a thing? I guess it means "cool and good"? I feel like someone ripped it straight from a novel about teenagers in the future. "Totally grokked that zark, it was on fleek"

It means "I'm an idiot" and celebrities have been using it for years so it has sort of caught on but it's more of a social media thing and

Yeah, avoid anyone who uses it unironically

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Zeris posted:

It means "I'm an idiot" and celebrities have been using it for years so it has sort of caught on but it's more of a social media thing and

Yeah, avoid anyone who uses it unironically

Sounds like a Kanye West "word"

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Zeris posted:

You seem like my post triggered you bro

I'm totes sorry

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

WAR CRIME SYNDICAT posted:

You seem like my post triggered you bro

I'm totes sorry

Zeris has been using Fleek regularly in his MFA masterpiece and doesn't want the word to lose its novelty before he finishes his program. Seems to know alot about the word for someone who allegedly reviles its users

Zeris
Apr 15, 2003

Excuse me while I amend the OP

Please remember this student veteran lounge thread is a safe space

Triggering will not be tolerated

Syrian Lannister
Aug 25, 2007

Oh, did I kill him too?
I've been a very busy little man.

Sugartime Jones

Zeris posted:

Triggered

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
No mention in that picture of veteran safe spaces or dogs to cuddle when I'm having flashbacks, triggered.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

Zeris posted:

Wtf is wrong with that white kid? Are furries a protected class for safe spaces? They're not on the list

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Wtf is wrong with that white kid? Are furries a protected class for safe spaces? They're not on the list

Apparently downsies are on the list

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
The word 'trigger' triggers me because it reminds me of all the things that have triggered me. Using it denies my personhood and devalues my experiences. Please refrain from using it.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Kawasaki Nun posted:

Furry's don't think they're human, why would we give them human rights :shrug:

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

TheQuietWilds posted:

The word 'trigger' triggers me because it reminds me of all the things that have triggered me. Using it denies my personhood and devalues my experiences. Please refrain from using it.

English is the language of colonialism and oppression. In the future addresd me in Swahili or not at all, fascist.

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You don't even have to take the sat/act to go to college lol

Mike-o
Dec 25, 2004

Now I'm in your room
And I'm in your bed

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna go to professional bowler college.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I'd go pro bowler but I don't think I'm up to snuff on my bowling or my dudeliness. I mean, the beard is in full swing, but I haven't started the shoulder length hair growth yet. I am up to speed on my perpetual stonedness and walking around in swim trunks in public.

Need to get a robe and a rug.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
My dad is a semi-professional bowler. Like he's got a 210ish average and has won money in national tournaments with his team. One of the guys that subs with them used to bowl solo professionally but melted down every time he was on TV.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah, I bowl all of maybe once every two years so I'm never doing that.

Even then I don't remember the last time I cracked 200. I just heave the heaviest ball I have at my disposal, no fancy english or whatever. Because bowling isn't that big of a deal for me to snap my wrist curveballing a 16 pounder.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Mr. Nice! posted:

My dad is a semi-professional bowler. Like he's got a 210ish average and has won money in national tournaments with his team. One of the guys that subs with them used to bowl solo professionally but melted down every time he was on TV.

What does your dad think of the movie Kingpin?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Booblord Zagats posted:

What does your dad think of the movie Kingpin?

Last time I remember anything related to that he thought it was hilarious. I'm not sure of his opinions on the Big Lebowski, though.

OMFG PTSD LOL PBUH
Sep 9, 2001

Kazinsal posted:

Yo, Shim, what are you taking with Cisco Netacad? I've done a bunch of poo poo on there at college. Sometimes it's a bit dry and there tends to be a lot of product placement but I guess it's to be expected considering their goal is to train you with their products so you can write their certifications and pimp their poo poo to your bosses etc.

Also soldering is seriously something that needs to be taught more. Super handy skill in IT, definitely worth learning.

I'm in the first of the 4 CC classes that end in being eligible to test for CCENT after the first 2 and CCNA after the last two.

And it's been a bit of a steeper learning curve than I'd have imagined. But I was Intel not IT in the military. :yayclod:

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
Awesome, I've taken those. They're pretty solid courses. I don't think there was anything on my CCNA exam that wasn't in the course materials.

You can do the ICND1 exam (CCENT) separately from the ICND2 exam (CCENT -> CCNA) or you can do the CCNAX exam, which is both exams' material in one. The CCNAX is 90 minutes long, and it'll take you about as long.

And yeah, it's steep. Once you wrap your head around the concepts behind a lot of network stuff it starts to click and fit together really well. Are you working entirely online and with simulated network gear or do you have actual hardware to work with? The certification exams have a pretty heavy weighting on practical troubleshooting so it's good to have a feel for fixing things that gently caress up.

psydude
Apr 1, 2008

There's a few reference threads in SH/SC that may be of use:

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2430375
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3521165

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?
14 credit semester here I go; Bio 110, Stats, and two bullshit classes (English 101 and Accounting 101).

It's apparent from day one that English is going to be painfully stupid and filled with walking clichés, and I'm getting some disturbing parallels between loving AKO courses and Accounting.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Currently taking 18 credits because I'm stupid as gently caress

-Physics
-Global econ.
-Iran (Zeris is in this too)
-Middle East history
-Calc I
-loving THEATER

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!
Advertising Campaigns
The History Of Film Editing
Urban Ethnicity and Culture

They're all soft ball courses, so more annoying than anything. And film editing is there just to ensure I max out my post 9/11 bennies.

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
19 credit hours here.

At least two, maybe three of my classes are complete jokes (freshman core requirements that I'm taking late because I transferred), so I figured I wouldn't get a better opportunity to tack on an extra one.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I'm taking admiralty law, copyright, a prison reform seminar (have to write a 30 page paper for this), tax procedure, and sports law.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Tell them your theories about the gold fringe on the flag

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
The professor in that class has a son that's finishing up aircrew school in the navy. So we get plenty of third hand boot camp stories.

• Locked thread