Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
"Excuse me, I have to go piss. Out of my penis."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

:stare:

Dennis Jr. :smith:

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Brock Samson posted:

Can't stop laughing lololol dennis jr rip

and frank's delivery of brutally murdered at the beginning lol

the unabonger fucked around with this message at 08:35 on Feb 4, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
That was a really good episode.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

That was a really good episode.

I wish I had a transcription of that "Fist Storm" monologue from Dennis. That was insane.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012
The Russian hats thing was just so perfect. It's so simple yet mysterious enough that even I desperately want to know what Charlie and Frank were planning with it.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

quote:

Hot, huh. Yeah. It is super hot. It’s getting really hot around here. So hot, Wally, but you don’t really know what hot is, do you? Hot’s a storm. You ever been in a storm, Wally? I mean, a real storm. Not a thunderstorm, but a storm of fists raining down on your head. Blasting you in the face. Pummeling you in the stomach, hitting you in the chest so hard you think your heart’s gonna stop. You ever been in a storm like that, Wally? [Dennis, at this point, completely naked, screams in the horrified Wally’s face in unfathomable rage.]

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
Honestly I was/am getting kind of sick of the recurring "Dennis is going crazy" plot that they've been doing for a while now, but I really liked this episode. I think it's premature to say "top 5" (which someone seems to post every new episode), but probably at least the last third of the episode is up there. The mac and cheese reveal, the grave, Frank's reward...definitely the best of this season so far. The ski episode was pretty funny but I think this one has a lot more rewatch value.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

:hfive:

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Awesome episode. A very strong "the shining" vibe throughout.

It's pretty much the first episode that revolves around Mac and Dennis' strange co-dependence since "Mac and Dennis Break Up" and that's pretty awesome.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

I love how Mac in the trash room just started screaming "You bitch," at Dee. They all kind of default to tearing her down.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

Nichael posted:

I love how Mac in the trash room just started screaming "You bitch," at Dee. They all kind of default to tearing her down.

I was partial to "Dee, I will slap you in the teeth" about a minute into the episode.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather

It's always weird seeing Mac without hair gel. He looks like a ompletely different person.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
That was an awesome episode. I really do want to know about those Russian hats.
Could they do the next episode just showing what Dee, Charlie and Frank were actually doing while Mac and Dennis were playing house?

Dennis being angry is just so perfect.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

RC Cola posted:

A trash room

:allears: Back when I lived in a house in the suburbs with a bunch of roomies we literally had a trash room

InfiniteZero
Sep 11, 2004

PINK GUITAR FIRE ROBOT

College Slice

emanresu tnuocca posted:

Awesome episode. A very strong "the shining" vibe throughout.

Yeah, the little music queues at the start of each scene were straight out of The Shining: I laughed every time.

Mortanis
Dec 28, 2005

It's your father's lightsaber. This is the weapon of a Jedi Knight.
College Slice

Murphy Brownback posted:

Honestly I was/am getting kind of sick of the recurring "Dennis is going crazy" plot that they've been doing for a while now, but I really liked this episode. I think it's premature to say "top 5" (which someone seems to post every new episode), but probably at least the last third of the episode is up there. The mac and cheese reveal, the grave, Frank's reward...definitely the best of this season so far. The ski episode was pretty funny but I think this one has a lot more rewatch value.

Yeah. I much preferred when you just saw the cracks in Dennis' facade, where it alluded to far, far darker things clawing beneath the surface. Now it's just become predictable.

However, this episode was a thing of beauty so it pays off for once. Dennis' naked imaginary rage scream, and the red-faced "BECAUSE I HATE YOU" sold it all.

I honestly thought the beeping was a Carbon Monoxide detector and the tank Dennis kept raging about was slowly poisoning them, but it's so much better if Mac and Dennis snap because they're horrible and broken people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
This episode is about Mac and Dennis going crazy. Since Dennis us already crazy, he has to go even more crazy.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Seize the gap you old fat bitch!

nopants
May 29, 2004
I'd love if the Sunny series finale went in an opposite direction of Seinfeld. Instead of revealing their awfulness, because we already know that, reveal that they've actually done a bunch of great things, but they never noticed or cared, because they're awful. The example that jumps to mind is the serial killer episode. The implication at the end of the episode is that Frank kills the serial killer with his chainsaw. Instead, in the finale a DA or cop could recognize the gang and thank them for finding and apprehending one of the most notorious serial killers in Philly history.

nopants fucked around with this message at 17:22 on Feb 4, 2016

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

I think I could watch dennis yell at traffic all day. Also poor Dennis Jr. never got fed.

Also, how do 2 guys generate that much trash in a month eating nothing but boxed mac and cheese?

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

nopants posted:

I'd love if the Sunny series finale went in an opposite direction of Seinfeld. Instead of revealing their awfulness, because we already know that, reveal that they've actually done a bunch of great things, but they never noticed or cared, because they're awful. The example that jumps to mind is the serial killer episode. The implication at the end of the episode is that Frank kills the serial killer with his chainsaw. Instead, in the finale a DA or cop could recognize the gang and thank them for finding and apprehending one of the most notorious serial killers in Philly history.

That might be intresting, but the only other good thing I can think of is Dee helping Carmen and her husband have a child.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I think I could watch dennis yell at traffic all day. Also poor Dennis Jr. never got fed.

Also, how do 2 guys generate that much trash in a month eating nothing but boxed mac and cheese?

It wasn't even a month, at that point it was only a couple weeks.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Having just watched The Shining for the first time in years this episode was especially hilarious.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

That might be intresting, but the only other good thing I can think of is Dee helping Carmen and her husband have a child.

They also gave the lawyer all the rights to kitten mittons, and bought a brand new pair of jorts for a wounded veteran, and umm...

e: vvv sure but inadvertent good deeds are still something. I'm digging here alright

yeah I eat ass fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Feb 4, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Murphy Brownback posted:

They also gave the lawyer all the rights to kitten mittons,

They didn't do this on purpose.

nopants
May 29, 2004
It could be something like that the bar actually was made a historical landmark and actually did have historical significance, but we never learn that until the final episode because something else shiny got the gang's attention, and they stopped caring about making the bar a historical landmark.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think my favorite part was "NEWSFLASH rear end in a top hat!"

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Great episode. I really liked:

Walter: It's a hot one today, eh?
Dennis: YEAH?! .......

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

I just watched the other episode where Dee tries to become a surrogate and they ask her a bunch of questions about drug abuse, alcoholism, and health problems and she says no to all of them despite being a crack addict, an severe alcoholic, and having had a heart attack.

So, even her surrogacy for Carmen is tainted because she probably didn't disclose any of that.

Arsonist Daria
Feb 27, 2011

Requiescat in pace.
Frank's reveal at the end of the last episode was so loving sadistic.

Much as I love to see Frank descend further into squalor and madness, I like him most when he's just an incredibly mean son of a bitch.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
I'm weirdly proud of Dennis and Mac lasting an entire month like they said they would :unsmith:

ZDar Fan
Oct 15, 2012

That was a really weird and really great episode. I loved that they didn't call attention to the mounting trash bags and air fresheners. And Kaitlin Olson still has the best "god drat it" in the business.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
The last third of this episode was amazing.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I thought this was the best episode of the season so far, just excellent. I loved how Mac and Dennis are both so used to the city that all they can do is tense up and stare when the friendly neighbor approaches them for the first time.

The slow zoom in on the pool guy sitting awkwardly while Dennis and Mac argue in the hallway was fantastic.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
the ending didn't really make sense. The bet was that if they couldn't make it a month, they'd have to sleep with an old man. They made it a month.

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Also, how do 2 guys generate that much trash in a month eating nothing but boxed mac and cheeseMac's Famous Mac and Cheese?

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

boom boom boom posted:

the ending didn't really make sense. The bet was that if they couldn't make it a month, they'd have to sleep with an old man. They made it a month.

they ended it with a second to spare because they didnt want to keep living in the suburbs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

phosdex
Dec 16, 2005

I liked that episode. Loveline also popped into my head when I heard the smoke detector going off.