Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Hauki posted:

So maybe this is a dumb issue and I'm missing something super obvious, but I unlocked storm like 2 years ago and stopped playing when she was maybe lev 40, and my furthest char in the storyline. I started playing her tonight, and I guess I had finished Ch. 9 in that time because it's got a green checkmark, but now I have no active storyline quests at all, I can't find anyone with a quest line to start, and Ch. 10 is greyed out on my waypoints or whatever. I thought I'd try rerunning the end of 9 to see if something changed, but I assume they redid the level curve through the storyline, as now the Ch. 9 poo poo is like 10+ levels above me and kicks my rear end.
I was trying to ignore it and just run legendary quests, but now they keep opening in places I apparently haven't reached in the storyline, and per the above, I can't figure out how to get there.
What the hell am I missing?

Are you sure the quest log doesnt have a display bug or does it literally have every single quest complete? The end of ch7 should be in your level range. Try kill Sinister in story mode to see if you get a quest complete.

Legendary quests should give you the waypoint for the quest, except for ch10 stuff which you just need to reroll. LQs shouldn't give you stuff above your level range, unless you mean it's a terminal quest. But those scale to your level anyways.

If not, go level up in midtown or icp.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teh_Broseph
Oct 21, 2010

THE LAST METROID IS IN
CATTIVITY. THE GALAXY
IS AT PEACE...
Lipstick Apathy
Windows movie maker wasn't exactly full featured, but got the job done for me.

Folks betta be submittin times! All the time and money you've spent up in this thing, you can pop in and record a run with a dumb funny song thrown over it.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

no time to fix a rider of ghosts. gotta do that 14th Jean QoL. not a hair out of place

lol at the tears in this thread, why would you complain about bugs etc

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

Soothing Vapors posted:

no time to fix a rider of ghosts. gotta do that 14th Jean QoL. not a hair out of place

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hauki posted:

So maybe this is a dumb issue and I'm missing something super obvious, but I unlocked storm like 2 years ago and stopped playing when she was maybe lev 40, and my furthest char in the storyline. I started playing her tonight, and I guess I had finished Ch. 9 in that time because it's got a green checkmark, but now I have no active storyline quests at all, I can't find anyone with a quest line to start, and Ch. 10 is greyed out on my waypoints or whatever. I thought I'd try rerunning the end of 9 to see if something changed, but I assume they redid the level curve through the storyline, as now the Ch. 9 poo poo is like 10+ levels above me and kicks my rear end.
I was trying to ignore it and just run legendary quests, but now they keep opening in places I apparently haven't reached in the storyline, and per the above, I can't figure out how to get there.
What the hell am I missing?
You will have gotten stuck the same way my cosmic characters got stuck - when they changed the story mode to not be three difficulties, you got your quests ticked because you had done them on Easy, despite now being too low to do them. Ch. 10 is level 60 only, so you're going to need to grind out your levels or check Ch. 6 or 7, which is where you should be at your level in the new system, and hope you have quests there to do.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Also lol. Mijuil rage quit so hard from the Deadpool review so hard that he deleted all his builds off mh.info.

Grinning Goblin
Oct 11, 2004

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

edit: the only thing funnier than the tears in this thread is the blatant lie asros tried to tell http://forums.marvelheroes.com/discussion/260866/the-omega-orb-reward-changes/p1

lol the omega orb case was only supposed to contain 1 orb, honest!

They are gonna cave. Either way it probably isn't worth spending the 15-20 minutes it takes to do chapter 10 right now. I'd imagine that CMM on the final day of Omega week will yield a lot more omegas than 10 during a 15 minutes period.

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Also lol. Mijuil rage quit so hard from the Deadpool review so hard that he deleted all his builds off mh.info.

I'm so glad I can live the oforum life vicariously through SA

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

You will have gotten stuck the same way my cosmic characters got stuck - when they changed the story mode to not be three difficulties, you got your quests ticked because you had done them on Easy, despite now being too low to do them. Ch. 10 is level 60 only, so you're going to need to grind out your levels or check Ch. 6 or 7, which is where you should be at your level in the new system, and hope you have quests there to do.

I'm gonna try running Sinister 7 again I guess? I was running some stuff in 7 story mode earlier for sure and I thought that included killing Sinister, but that may have been a terminal on second thought. In any case, I'm struggling to figure out what's a side mission and what's an actual-progress-the-storyline mission. I thought I was doing storyline stuff in chapter 7, but it stopped giving me new ones, I finished the rest and they all just give bonus chests, end of story, and now I have nothing active in Ch. 7 anymore. Currently the only thing active in my tracker is a side mission? from Chapter 1, "The Devil's Haunts", that started up tonight when I was zoning around aimlessly trying to get poo poo to progress and ended up in Crumbling Brownstones. My quest log currently shows everything from chapters 5 through 9 as complete with a green check and a little trophy icon. Chapters 1 through 4 have... random ones checked off, and are missing some. Chapter 10 and Event Missions are both greyed out with a lock icon, as are two missions listed under Account Missions (Beast in Need, Danger Room Training).

edit: I just killed Sinister again in story mode and nothing of note happened, he dropped a couple purples, no one to talk to, no portal or anything. Had to zone back to the school with "b"

Hauki fucked around with this message at 07:02 on Feb 4, 2016

Flanker
Sep 10, 2002

OPERATORS GONNA OPERATE
After a good night's sleep

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

These are the people I will still need times from by Sunday at noon EST. Thank you again everybody and I hope you all come through for this. Also, final tournament here, so let's just at least throw something in for this. Hoping this goes smoothly.

And yes, I know majority of you will wait til the end. Just posting this for reference. Again, thank you.

PLAYERS PICK

Flanker vision

I recorded this. The lovely quality of the video matches my lovely time.

Please don't yell at me I'm old and confused :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-ybcOkcjs

NotALizardman
Jun 5, 2011

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Hauki posted:

I'm gonna try running Sinister 7 again I guess? I was running some stuff in 7 story mode earlier for sure and I thought that included killing Sinister, but that may have been a terminal on second thought. In any case, I'm struggling to figure out what's a side mission and what's an actual-progress-the-storyline mission. I thought I was doing storyline stuff in chapter 7, but it stopped giving me new ones, I finished the rest and they all just give bonus chests, end of story, and now I have nothing active in Ch. 7 anymore. Currently the only thing active in my tracker is a side mission? from Chapter 1, "The Devil's Haunts", that started up tonight when I was zoning around aimlessly trying to get poo poo to progress and ended up in Crumbling Brownstones. My quest log currently shows everything from chapters 5 through 9 as complete with a green check and a little trophy icon. Chapters 1 through 4 have... random ones checked off, and are missing some. Chapter 10 and Event Missions are both greyed out with a lock icon, as are two missions listed under Account Missions (Beast in Need, Danger Room Training).

edit: I just killed Sinister again in story mode and nothing of note happened, he dropped a couple purples, no one to talk to, no portal or anything. Had to zone back to the school with "b"

Yeah, you're gonna have to grind Legendaries unfortunately.

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Ghostlight posted:

Yeah, you're gonna have to grind Legendaries unfortunately.

Ugh. Also, aren't legendaries supposed to scale, specifically those started from red/green terminals? Every one I've done tonight is like 4 levels below me.

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

Flanker posted:

I recorded this. The lovely quality of the video matches my lovely time.

Please don't yell at me I'm old and confused :saddowns:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5-ybcOkcjs

please report to the re-education camp for bulge-zoomers

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
in the wake of Deadpool's loving awesome 52 Review I offer up this piece of art a friend did for me a million years ago.
I'm the one in the Dallas mask.

Cosmic whenever.

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

For the 110 does the timer stop when you kill the boss/spawn the bounty chest or when you open it?

FranktheBank
May 14, 2007
In the beginning...the universe was created. his has been widely regarded as a bad move and has made a lot of people very angry.

soscannonballs posted:

For the 110 does the timer stop when you kill the boss/spawn the bounty chest or when you open it?

When the bounty and boss are done. You can kill the boss, then trash.

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Soon as the chest spawns, so you can do a victory lap before you open it if you wish.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Mr. Peabody
Dec 30, 2011

Go on funny man, make me laugh!

ransome posted:

so, corey got bugged web swinging in hightown when he picked up a car, and it let him drive the car around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNCJpHqcO0

Lol.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
What is this weird patch schedule, it's not the weekend yet

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

ransome posted:

so, corey got bugged web swinging in hightown when he picked up a car, and it let him drive the car around!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZNCJpHqcO0

Two thumbs up for the choice of music

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Deadpool was fun to level to 60

Who should I pick next

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Deadpool was fun to level to 60

Who should I pick next

Deadpool 5 more times

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

SIlver Surfer, Dr Doom if you want fun characters.
Juggernaut, Magneto if you want fun voice acting.
Wolverine, Colossus if you want to quit the game.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Thanks!!!

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

:getin:
Why does everyone hate on Colossus? :(

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Colossus will totally get a QoL to coincide with his appearance in the deadpool movie

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Yogi may have arrived on a turnip truck but it wasn't this morning's turnip truck!

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

He's really not that bad. With a zig he still does great damage (aoe) and doesn't die. His ult is fantastic. I just don't think anyone's posted a halfway decent updated build for him in a while.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Yeah, he has one of the best ults in the game after they changed it. I kinda want to make a gimmicky max brutal damage gear set for him just for that but :effort:

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Sure, but it would be cruel to recommend a new player level him as an early pick.

His stomp has a really cool sound effect though.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Somebody found a new Rouge build that is godly. Crazy video.

quote:

NZT DoTs Rogue Tset 3:29 (no rubble slam bug 0:02~3:31)
I cant Believe this
1. PD%>40% (NZT>28s)
2. Puck up NZT when Sig (cd=28)
should be better with surtur's power (replace teleportal, I'm an 1bar-lazy guy)

Rouge 3:29 ttk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cQ...PcoM2__m9ULfJsw

soscannonballs
Dec 6, 2007

Just sent in my time for round 1 so let me know if you get it.

Lux Aeterna
Feb 19, 2005

"snapshotting won't ever be an issue" - Doomsaw on the wl last year

Donde Esta
Sep 6, 2006

punchymcpunch posted:

Sure, but it would be cruel to recommend a new player level him as an early pick.

His stomp has a really cool sound effect though.

Yeah definitely would not do that. He is boring as all hell to level. I've been playing around with some of the new skrull stuff, maybe I'll post a build later. Just got a cosmic defenders medallion so looking forward to giving that a spin.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

soscannonballs posted:

Just sent in my time for round 1 so let me know if you get it.

Received! Got your too HebrewMagic.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
Only 108 to go

Skippy McPants
Mar 19, 2009

Lux Aeterna posted:

"snapshotting won't ever be an issue" - Doomsaw on the wl last year

Snapshotting? Waitwaitwait. This game doesn't update DoT damage per-tick? It doesn't even recalculate on new applications? It just takes the first number and holds it forever?! Who the hell designed this game!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Skippy McPants posted:

Who the hell designed this game!

• Locked thread