Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Uziduke
Jul 2, 2015

A storm over Europe unleashed
Dawn of war a trail of destruction
The power of Rome won't prevail
See the Catholics shiver and shake
While we kick out FCON, can we also give Theta Fade. SMA can't defend it without Theta there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

CashEnsign posted:

Goonies looking at themselves in 5 years.

:eyepop:

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

Fcon is the annoying kid in your friends group that's tolerated because you can make him do anything such as eat his own poop

Uziduke posted:

While we kick out FCON, can we also give Theta Fade. SMA can't defend it without Theta there.

Theta should splinter off and become it's own membercorp. Space dad for CEO.

PookBear fucked around with this message at 01:28 on Feb 4, 2016

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:
Pubbie hauling corp got jacked for 500b when an afk director returned.
http://imgur.com/a/wv79f

Fix Lag
Sep 8, 2011

There's a sale at Penny's!
Holy gently caress.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

frozenphil posted:

Pubbie hauling corp got jacked for 500b when an afk director returned.
http://imgur.com/a/wv79f

Jesus that's good.
I'll be honest though, outside of red frog, I didn't even know there was another pubbie corp of that income.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Insular but active highsec corps that barely register on anyone's radar for a long enough period of time could totally be loot piñatas because aside from rogue directors, there's gently caress all opportunities to shake their shekels loose. I'm not actually surprised.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

Turns out that's NC's hauling corp.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

frozenphil posted:

That makes it even better.

CainFortea
Oct 15, 2004

Kimsemus posted:

The best way to create incredible drama in your chat channels is to do something completely retarded like try to issue fines to control it. :toot: I mean their effort to control shitposting is already working wonders here!

Except this is FCON. People who join FCON join for the supreme pubbie crap like having a code of honoeaur and bullshit.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Fcon best con

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

darth cookie posted:

Insular but active highsec corps that barely register on anyone's radar for a long enough period of time could totally be loot piñatas because aside from rogue directors, there's gently caress all opportunities to shake their shekels loose. I'm not actually surprised.

I bet you'd find that most Highsec pubbie and Lowsec allstars have more liquid isk on hand than the average Nullsec resident. The highsec pubbie just never loses stuff. The lowsec guy probably has a carrier in each possible system for a level 5 mission hub and completes them at an astonishing rate when they need money. The Nullsec resident has the drawbacks of gate camps, roving gangs, afk cloak groups, blops drops alongside the risk of getting caught up in wars.

The entire paradigm of risk vs reward works backwards in EVE. I honestly doubt it could be fixed this late in EVE's lifespan.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

frozenphil posted:

I have been informed by angry elite pvp that ncdot does not have a highsec hauling corp and never has, ships and modules magically appear in their hangers.

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

YouTuber posted:

I bet you'd find that most Highsec pubbie and Lowsec allstars have more liquid isk on hand than the average Nullsec resident. The highsec pubbie just never loses stuff. The lowsec guy probably has a carrier in each possible system for a level 5 mission hub and completes them at an astonishing rate when they need money. The Nullsec resident has the drawbacks of gate camps, roving gangs, afk cloak groups, blops drops alongside the risk of getting caught up in wars.

The entire paradigm of risk vs reward works backwards in EVE. I honestly doubt it could be fixed this late in EVE's lifespan.

The biggest clue for me was when aryth used the industry teams data to pinpoint and issue a wardec against a highsec producer. I think 40b went up in smoke from one POS, and I think it's fair to assume that with 24 hours notice they would have taken the opportunity to evac as much as possible.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

darth cookie posted:

The biggest clue for me was when aryth used the industry teams data to pinpoint and issue a wardec against a highsec producer. I think 40b went up in smoke from one POS, and I think it's fair to assume that with 24 hours notice they would have taken the opportunity to evac as much as possible.

well the problem with building out of a pos is that you can't evac

when you start an industry job, the materials are locked in place -- if you abort the job, the materials are lost, so you can only ever complete the job if you want your isk back

and when a pos goes into RF, the assembly array goes offline and jobs are paused until the tower is saved

that is why we bothered to do it at all, because we knew we could trap his assets (the build materials) and destroy them

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

YouTuber posted:

Not to mention that trying to hunt a lvl 5 mission runner is an exercise in futility. Between cloaky tengus, mission pulling alts, no bubbles and staged ships there is no way to kill them. Lowsec is the most bullshit region of all time full of risk adverse cunts who are deathly afraid to use supers and slave clones in any situation that might prove a risk.

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
For real gently caress FCON
bunch of whiny little pricks
my butthole itches

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

they have been for a long rear end time you retard http://www.pcgamer.com/project-legion-first-look/

No poo poo Sherlock. Next time I'll use a passive-aggressive smiley to indicate sarcasm.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter

Ynglaur posted:

No poo poo Sherlock. Next time I'll use a passive-aggressive smiley to indicate sarcasm.

that wasnt "yeah duh of course they are" that was "no they're not" get your tones right stupid rear end

ChickenWing
Jul 22, 2010

:v:

"so goddamn many people in this thread posted:

risk adverse

it's risk averse god dammmmitttttttttt

i'm v triggered rn

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

that wasnt "yeah duh of course they are" that was "no they're not" get your tones right stupid rear end

I'll admit to being out-sarcasted, but only because it's deadtear.

YouTuber
Jul 31, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
So anyway, ISRAD is reconstituting a Blackops program called ISBAD using the Horde guys. Some of these nerds are actually pretty good for newbies. I'm lobbying to make the first deployment to be against TEST since apparently they're a bunch of dumbos who warp to gates with no scouts in Battleships. The game got a lot harder since I last played full time, actually being having your ship respond to commands has raised the skill level considerably. I managed to get about 375 kills in Jan which is nice but I died twice, once in a Bifrost and once in a Cormorant; entirely unacceptable.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
that almost humblebrag

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

YouTuber posted:

So anyway, ISRAD is reconstituting a Blackops program called ISBAD using the Horde guys. Some of these nerds are actually pretty good for newbies. I'm lobbying to make the first deployment to be against TEST since apparently they're a bunch of dumbos who warp to gates with no scouts in Battleships. The game got a lot harder since I last played full time, actually being having your ship respond to commands has raised the skill level considerably. I managed to get about 375 kills in Jan which is nice but I died twice, once in a Bifrost and once in a Cormorant; entirely unacceptable.

I can tell you right now from experience that a blackops lite deployment vs test is basically a non stop murder spree. If you are successful enough some of them will get legit mad as gently caress and gently caress off to highsec over it.

Side note: Decloaking has never been easier.

Rhymenoserous fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Feb 4, 2016

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

crew posted:

I have been informed by angry elite pvp that ncdot does not have a highsec hauling corp and never has, ships and modules magically appear in their hangers.

Ask them why everyone in the corp either has starter corps or hirr in their corp history.

Xolve
Oct 12, 2012

Well, shoot! We ain't come this far just to dump this thing in the drink. What's the nearest target opportunity?

Rhymenoserous posted:

I can tell you right now from experience that a blackops lite deployment vs test is basically a non stop murder spree. If you are successful enough some of them will get legit mad as gently caress and gently caress off to highsec over it.

Side note: Decloaking has never been easier.

FA used to lose their poo poo if you cloaky camped them, and periodically convo'd everyone in the system.

Kirs
Dec 5, 2014

Apart from drinking, there is absolutely nothing to do here.

Xolve posted:

FA used to lose their poo poo if you cloaky camped them, and periodically convo'd everyone in the system.

Why do you convo them while camping? To piss off?

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

crew posted:

lol just lol

Zakrello
Feb 17, 2015

missile imbound

Reverand maynard posted:

Fcon is the annoying kid in your friends group that's tolerated because you can make him do anything such as eat his own poop
:ughh: FCON

crew posted:

and now those items magically disappear from their hangers

Rust Martialis
May 8, 2007

At night, Bavovnyatko quietly comes to the occupiers’ bases, depots, airfields, oil refineries and other places full of flammable items and starts playing with fire there

ChickenWing posted:

it's risk averse god dammmmitttttttttt

i'm v triggered rn

Triggered like a T2 LML

almighty
Mar 9, 2011

YouTuber posted:

Some of these nerds are actually pretty good for newbies.

The mind boggles.

YouTuber posted:

I managed to get about 375 kills in Jan which is nice but I died twice, once in a Bifrost and once in a Cormorant; entirely unacceptable.

You don't happen to be with the renowned elite space combat squadron Mordus Angels, are you?

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

miniluv getting a 50b freighter wtf https://zkillboard.com/kill/51808798/

Otacon fucked around with this message at 16:57 on Feb 4, 2016

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

That loot drop. :stare:

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

That loot composition :stare:
45bn worth of RF insignia?!

LemonDrizzle
Mar 28, 2012

neoliberal shithead
Aren't those tags small enough to be moved in a blockade runner, or possibly even an interceptor? Why on earth would you use a freighter for that.

e: 0.1m^3 per tag, so around 1600 m^3 for the lot.

LemonDrizzle fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Feb 4, 2016

Jon Von Anchovi
Sep 5, 2014

:australia:

LemonDrizzle posted:

Aren't those tags small enough to be moved in a blockade runner, or possibly even an interceptor? Why on earth would you use a freighter for that.

e: 0.1m^3 per tag, so around 1600 m^3 for the lot.

Id certainty have done 30 odd trips in a travel interceptor and probably still felt uncomfortable with the cargo value

almighty
Mar 9, 2011
50b ISK freighter kill by MiniLuv? Expect to see goons_rmt.txt on r/Eve any moment now.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Christ's sake. I saw the pings for that one just as I was putting on my coat to leave the house.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

crew posted:

The different corps do their own logistics.

Edit: oh god was it hirr? What was the corp name?

Lmao it was hirr. Hirr has/has a gently caress ton of assets. I actually liked hirr because they used their moon goo to import/sell fully fit logi to members for 100m a pop

PookBear fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rhymenoserous
May 23, 2008

Kirs posted:

Why do you convo them while camping? To piss off?

FA would initiate the convo. It's an attempt to see if someone is active or not. This is why we used to tell people to not talk in local/not respond to convos.

• Locked thread