Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Speleothing posted:

Replace all Yomi chaospower with slothpower. Nation fixed.
Guess what fuckers this is some next-level pre-emptive modding (click the image for the file)

Don't try to fire this up in 4.22, it's too hot for a kid like you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Turin Turambar posted:

After four months of stopped development on Dom4 updates (they were more focused on CoE4),

Hahahaha good ooohahahaha oh god

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer
#killcappop looks like exactly what I need for that special snowflake LA nation in my Gemmod. That capital is supposed to be an empty ruin, after all. Looks like I can finally finish up the missing two nations in my mod.

I'll start working on it as soon as the changes are in. Any dates on when the devs want to release the next patch?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Libluini posted:

#killcappop looks like exactly what I need for that special snowflake LA nation in my Gemmod. That capital is supposed to be an empty ruin, after all.
You can already approximate that!

Not on my Dominionsing computer at the moment, but if you're modding the nation, should be something like

#newevent
#rarity 0 (always)
#req_fornation xxx (xxx being your mod nation's number)
#req_owncapital 1 (happens in your cap)
#notext (so you don't get spammed by messages)
#kill 100 (wipes out the population)
#end

Believe it slots in after recruitment for a nation in terms of mod syntax.

Might not fire until turn 2 but I'm not sure about that.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

jBrereton posted:

You can already approximate that!

Not on my Dominionsing computer at the moment, but if you're modding the nation, should be something like

#newevent
#rarity 0 (always)
#req_fornation xxx (xxx being your mod nation's number)
#req_owncapital 1 (happens in your cap)
#notext (so you don't get spammed by messages)
#kill 100 (wipes out the population)
#end

Believe it slots in after recruitment for a nation in terms of mod syntax.

Might not fire until turn 2 but I'm not sure about that.

Interesting, thanks!

Looks like my lazyness paid off, because I probably would have written a workaround like that if I hadn't sauntered off to do other stuff. Now my mod will profit from those fresh new changes!

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

New nation command: #killcappop

Cool now my neighbors won't have to spend gems casting Blight on me.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Decrepus posted:

New nation command: #killcappop

Cool now my neighbors won't have to spend gems casting Blight on me.

IT WAS ME! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, DECREPUS!

It was not me

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

IT WAS ME! IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, DECREPUS!

It was not me

Fool_of_sound it unironically happened in the next game I joined too. :laffo:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

where's ea rus, illwinter

where is it

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

Libluini posted:

#killcappop looks like exactly what I need for that special snowflake LA nation in my Gemmod. That capital is supposed to be an empty ruin, after all. Looks like I can finally finish up the missing two nations in my mod.

I'll start working on it as soon as the changes are in. Any dates on when the devs want to release the next patch?

Can you link your mods again? Are there other nation mods that apart from those on desura forums?

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
Doesn't Slothpower have the disadvantage that you can't raid or pillage or hurricane or make horrible rains of toads to gently caress up your targeted provinces with your favourite scales?

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
melancholia creates sloth scale, also like, everyone takes sloth to pay for order

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Yeah, in any given game you will easily border several dudes running sloth scales because their sacreds do not use resources.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

Boing posted:

Doesn't Slothpower have the disadvantage that you can't raid or pillage or hurricane or make horrible rains of toads to gently caress up your targeted provinces with your favourite scales?
Obviously once simply swapping Chaospower for Slothpower doesn't make Yomi instantly win all of its games, the True Yomi Balance Patch will feature Sloth- and Chaospower on its demons :twisted:

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
And they're multiplicative.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Finnish Flasher posted:

Can you link your mods again? Are there other nation mods that apart from those on desura forums?

Sure. Here you go.

But as a word of warning, I haven't worked on that mod in ages. It contains three nations and literally only the EA one is done.

I promise though, as soon as the new patch hits us in the face, I'll finish up the missing nations.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Thanks man, i'll try the EA nation!

Anyone here tried the CoE nation conversion mods, they any good?

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Yet another balancing type mod thing, this time for EA Abysia.

It's called "Don't Dismysia Abysia", because they were being dismissed as a viable nation, you see.

What are the changes?

- Lava Elemental summons from the ALE mod from about a million years ago, basically just sacred versions of the Fire Elemental spells available a bit earlier.

- Abysian troops are 17 gold rather than 20, and Salamanders are 40 rather than 60. Hopefully Abysia will be broke some of the time rather than all of the time.

- Anathemant Salamanders aren't priests anymore, although they are still holy. This brings their cost down to a merely eye-watering 160 gold for your research mage, rather than 195 or whatever it was before. Also, after they get 36 XP (a few battles or three years of sitting around) they're promoted to Anathemant Dragons, which are unchanged.

- Abysia gets 20% more resources out of its forts at all times.

- If you have a forted province where it's winter and still heat 3, sometimes your bro Rhuax will send you a guy who just sort of sits around making 30 resources all the time and providing an extremely minor defensive capability with his flaming fist.

- If you have misfortune over luck, the same is still true, but some people are going to get burnt to death and a bit annoyed when this happens. The Anathemants are still delighted, though.

Link:

Feed me back some feedback etc.

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
To anybody worried about the state of goon mod-nations, I am announcing that I am about 1/6 of the way through a cool elementalist nation with a neat gimmick.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
someone host a game with that mod, i wanna play ea abysia again

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
I see I've found my niche of "Kitfox nations".

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
do i like the nations because they're poo poo?

or are they poo poo because i like them?

:iiam:

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
ive just read the things , and my feedback is tht you made ea abysia too strong

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

jsoh posted:

ive just read the things , and my feedback is tht you made ea abysia too strong
Try playing them!

Their troops still aren't exactly cheap. Their basic research mage still costs 160g for 9rp and still needs 1500g minimum of infrastructure.

You still pretty much have to run heavy Prod to use their troops. You can maybe go prod 1 or 2 after using the mod. You still really need G3 for solid income, probably want Order on top for extra money and unrest reduction, at least Luck 1 so your labs don't burn down all the time, and Magic would be great to make your research less poo poo.

Their sacred elementals are less convenient to bless than they were before, since you need your PG, an indie priest who almost certainly isn't heat-resistant, your prophet, or a 265+g mage-priest to bless them.

The mod just slightly reduces the thing that normally happens with EA Abysia where you get your third fort up and realise that actually you definitely can't afford to use 3 forts at a time on a random map without an equivalent number of capital provinces under your control (I'm sure Kitfox will corroborate this thing).

Sloppy Milkshake
Nov 9, 2004

I MAKE YOU HUMBLE

please don't ever take jsoh seriously

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Consider my taint reaped.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Sloppy Milkshake posted:

please don't ever take jsoh seriously

Are shitposters drawn to Noted Good Game Dominions 4, or does Dominions 4 make people poo poo posters? The world will never know.

Density
Nov 12, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
In related news: I started my job on the same day jsoh started the wonderful game titled "Unemployed." I won this game before it even began. Setting myself to AI.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
http://z7.invisionfree.com/Dom3mods/index.php?showtopic=2740&st=0&#entry22141300

Anyone know how many of these actually work? I tried a bunch of EA nations but almost all of their mages were missing all magic paths when right clicked on fort recruitment.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Tell me a couple of specific ones that aren't working.

The problem could easily be overlapping unit IDs.

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

I should probably fix Artea at some point. It works as is, but there are some hilarious balance issues (for example, one of the heroes is more powerful than most pretenders).

I should also fix my spell database. And start playing dominions again...

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008

jBrereton posted:

Tell me a couple of specific ones that aren't working.

The problem could easily be overlapping unit IDs.

All of the CoE nation mods
Kingdom of Sartar
Neritia
Alee
Antikythera
Eljudnir has some mages that work but not all
Bantulu

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
OK I'll have a look and see what's up.

The problem is almost certainly going to be either some kind of weird stack overflow (I know the guy who does all the Warhammer nations ran into this) or overlapping unit IDs, though.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
They all seem to check out and probably work together.

Almost certainly a "too much poo poo at once" problem.

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
Ok, I could try disabling all mod nations and trying them one at a time. There are some mods that get mixed units when both enabled so could be similar reason here.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
The problem there is overlapping unit/nation IDs.

jBrereton fucked around with this message at 17:06 on Feb 4, 2016

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Basically if you want to have an absolute shitton of mods activated at once you need to combine them into one mega-mod of your own creation, which also probably involves overwriting some pre-existing nations and units from eras the mod doesn't cover.

I know that's annoying, but it is also the only way to make things work once you hit critical mass of mod nations.

Mu.
Sep 15, 2003

The thing about Forevereal Modding Mu is that he loves editing files and wants others to download his permanent mods. Fully editing, rich text, altering files and loving it. Download his mods and enjoy it.

quote:

WHY ARE ALL OF YOUR MODS loving RETARDED MU

~ jsoh, 2015

WHOA.DM is now in version 1 (that's binary for 1) meaning you can finally take on the role of pretender god for the glorious nation of Szumogliika, and use your arcane might to probe the whatevers of reality... and uncover a terrifying truth.

Featuring one custom armour, eight custom weapons, nine custom commanders, 14 custom units and summons, five custom pretenders, one custom hero, and even four custom sound effects, WHOA.DM represents the second biggest waste of time ever expended during my handsome life.

Szumogliika has access to the grand magic of transfiguration, allowing them to create some of the most bizarre creatures in all of the Dominions universe. Jump on in, and you'll be yelling nagot gik fell in no time.

Want to try it out? Download WHOA.DM here ---> WHOA.DM.

~

Szumogliika is currently an EA nation. Please let me know if anything is broken, or if anything desperately needs changing, or if any of the units or spells need to have their costs rebalanced in any way, etc. Thanks all.

Mu. fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Feb 4, 2016

Finnish Flasher
Jul 16, 2008
That's so stupid but so cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I can't believe you made a mod about clowns glitches.

• Locked thread