Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

baw posted:

do you remember the simpler times jeb, when you were so young and full of hope

There's no excitement connoted in that tweet at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Baloogan
Dec 5, 2004
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/NateGoldman/status/694892933254901760

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

baw posted:

do you remember the simpler times jeb, when you were so young and full of hope

It's like we've been watching the steady descent into madness for one man.

I wonder how awful the world must look these days through the eyes of Jeb!.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

quote:

And Jeb Bush, who will turn 63 on Feb. 11 — just two days after the New Hampshire primary, as the race shifts south — will be joined in South Carolina by his wife, his three children, his two daughters-in-law and his four grandchildren for a day of birthday campaign fun.

“The Bush family — this is a family deal, particularly when you get to the beginning of the end,” Mr. Bush said, speaking to voters...

quote:

“I love my mother and she thinks I’m her favorite son. I’m blessed to have a father that’s the greatest man alive,” he said. “And I love my brother. So I’m part of the establishment because I’m a Bush. Great. Doesn’t bother me a bit.”
http://www.nytimes.com/politics/first-draft/2016/02/03/jeb-bush-plans-family-reunion-and-campaigning-in-south-carolina/

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 12:59 on Feb 4, 2016

FuriousxGeorge
Aug 8, 2007

We've been the best team all year.

They're just finding out.

quote:

“The Bush family — this is a family deal, particularly when you get to the beginning of the end,”

The end of the end, Jeb.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

I am still sorta shocked how badly he hosed this up. he made loving mittens look like teddy Roosevelt of charisma. yeah part of it is trump but I honestly believe JEB! didnt think it would be a hard race, so he didnt try and just used a gently caress ton of money to skate his way to the general. now he is hosed.

nachos posted:

Surprised Trump hasn't mixed in some birtherism yet. Illegal candidate, fraudulent results. Bad!

he has to an extent, my guess is he will blow up with that kind of poo poo again.

Epic High Five posted:

Wow Trump being super thin skinned and refusing to let it go when he got shithoused despite going all out to take Iowa? Who would've predicted it

He may think this is a good idea, but nobody is buying it. Anyway trying to push an "Iowa controversy" narrative is a losing proposition because that particular mine is richer on the Democratic side even though neither candidate seems to care too much about it.

He'd be better served saying he's going to build a wall around Iowa and deport all the Mexicans there if they love them so much

yeah, he is.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
Man, Jeb was already dead in the water but "please clap" is like using a nuclear bomb to scuttle a creaky old tub. Oof.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
I'm sure he's not allowed to drop out before New Hampshire, but I wonder if he really wants to do it now, and spare himself further public indignities.

the paradigm shift
Jan 18, 2006

Lycus posted:

I'm sure he's not allowed to drop out before New Hampshire, but I wonder if he really wants to do it now, and spare himself further public indignities.

As much money as he still has behind him he's stuck until March at the least.

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

the_paradigm_shift posted:

My theory that Bush really wants to drop out but can't yet because of all the money behind him, is supported further by the fact that Bush is trying to burn his money as fast as possible. Who in their right minds would publish a 47 page glossy JEB! magazine, or send out LCD screen mailers? Someone who is desperately trying to claim he's broke and wants to get out of the race. I've didn't even know LCD mailers were a thing, they must have cost at least $20 each and went to thousands of homes.

stuffed crust punk
Oct 8, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is it.

This is the moment I have been waiting for.

The calm of the storm has passed, the silence has been broken, the bunker is now shaking from the impact of the first bombs dropping.

The establishment war machine is making its move. They're deploying Marco Rubio.

True Patriots mus stand resolute. We cannot lose again. For ONCE, just this ONE time, we have to fight and we have to win. We must withstand the onslaught.

We are running out of time to Make America Great Again.

Trump and Cruz have to bury the hatchet. Don't they see what is happening? gently caress, I SHOULD HAVE SEEN IT COMING.

I got rope-a-doped. I laughed at JEB! I gleefully danced on the GOP's grave.

It was a loving trap. They've been lying in wait all this time. These goddamn mother fuckers are going to try and ratfuck us AGAIN.

NOT THIS TIME. NOT ON MY WATCH. WE WILL MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN

Does anyone enjoy reading this poo poo

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

quote:

“I love my mother and she thinks I’m her favorite son. I’m blessed to have a father that’s the greatest man alive,” he said. “And I love my brother. So I’m part of the establishment because I’m a Bush. Great. Doesn’t bother me a bit.”

"I love all of my children equally" earlier that day... "I don't care for GOB Jeb!"

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.

the_paradigm_shift posted:

He's not stuck, his donors are trying to get him to drop out. If Rubio does well in NH Donors are going to start jumping ship en masse. I'd say he's been on damage control since IA began, begging people to not switch until at least New Hampshire. Jeb Bush said the beauty of low expectations lied in the ease in outperforming them. He under performed his already abysmal expectations, coming in behind a guy who dropped out already. The Bush family is already expending political capital at a ridiculous rate and asking people to pour money into one of the most embarrassing super tuesday losses ever is something that even Jeb might think twice about.

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

UIApplication posted:

Does anyone enjoy reading this poo poo

i greatly enjoyed reading his next posts

Boosted_C5 posted:

This is the loving low point. I want so badly to believe that good can prevail for once. But it's happening all over again, that inevitable tidal wave coming toward me that will once again crush my spirit. That will once again have me, in a few short weeks or months, singing the praises of the chosen stooge like I loved him all along, passionately proclaiming the need to elect him, like it loving matters between him and whatever stooge Wall-Street and the powers that be decide to place in the other party's nomination spot.

I want to believe Trump can break the cycle but history tells me that 2 months from now I'll be a zombie shilling for Rubio, just like I became for Romney, McCain, Bush, every other miserable pile of dog-poo poo that has been forced down my throat.

Born in chains, will die in chains.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Congressman Matt Salmon (R-AZ), cofounder of the House Freedom Caucus, has endorsed Marco Rubio, further cementing Ted Cruz's position as "that guy that everyone hates."

Meanwhile, on Morning Joe, Santorum was asked what Rubio's accomplishments were: "The bottom line is there isn't a lot of accomplishments, Joe, and I just don't think it's a fair question to say – over the last four years where nothing has happened and then blame one person because he didn't get accomplishments done. Neither did President Obama. Well, I know [Rubio] included something that went after the insurance companies in the most recent omnibus. He fought for that, to stop bailing out insurance companies. That's one thing I'm familiar that I just saw recently."

a rousing candidate indeed

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Xenophon posted:

Meanwhile, on Morning Joe, Santorum was asked what Rubio's accomplishments were: "The bottom line is there isn't a lot of accomplishments, Joe, and I just don't think it's a fair question to say – over the last four years where nothing has happened and then blame one person because he didn't get accomplishments done. Neither did President Obama. Well, I know [Rubio] included something that went after the insurance companies in the most recent omnibus. He fought for that, to stop bailing out insurance companies. That's one thing I'm familiar that I just saw recently."

This is such a bizarre line of defense. Asking Santorum what Rubio's accomplishments are, Santorum says you can't blame Rubio for doing nothing because Obama didn't do anything either. Nobody does nothing, and it's no one's fault.

It's like the story about Val Kilmer and Marlon Brando refusing to leave their respective trailers until the other guy came out. That's a lovely reason, Rick. I'm asking why we should promote Rubio to the highest office in the country and you're telling me that he's only been a lovely, lazy worker who doesn't show up or do anything useful because everyone has been. Well, then why shouldn't we fire all of you?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
The Carson campaign cut 50 staffers this morning :rip:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Joementum posted:

update: this was another lie by cruz

the staffers instead went home to sleep

District Selectman
Jan 22, 2012

by Lowtax

Xenophon posted:

Congressman Matt Salmon (R-AZ), cofounder of the House Freedom Caucus, has endorsed Marco Rubio, further cementing Ted Cruz's position as "that guy that everyone hates."

I know we skewered Obama 8 years ago over this very same question, but it is frankly just not fair today, when discussing my preferred candidate

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
By the way, it's still totally possible that Cruz wins the nomination, it's just less likely than Rubio winning, for the reason revealed in the Salmon endorsement.

But Cruz has a ton of cash and the ability to make Super Tuesday bloody. If they tie coming out of that, March is going to be brutal.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Saudi Arabia – I like the Saudis. They’re very nice. I make a lot of money with them. They buy all sorts of my stuff. All kinds of toys from Trump. They pay me millions and hundreds of millions.
But you know what? They make $1 billion a day, folks. And whenever they’re in trouble, our military takes care. You know what we get? Nothing.
South Korea – crazy is right. Right? Who said that? Stand up. Stand up. He said it’s crazy. It’s true. It’s true. It’s crazy. They make $1 billion a day and we get nothing.

Playstation 4
Apr 25, 2014
Unlockable Ben

Donald Trump posted:

Saudi Arabia – I like the Saudis. They’re very nice. I make a lot of money with them. They buy all sorts of my stuff. All kinds of toys from Trump. They pay me millions and hundreds of millions.
But you know what? They make $1 billion a day, folks. And whenever they’re in trouble, our military takes care. You know what we get? Nothing.
South Korea – crazy is right. Right? Who said that? Stand up. Stand up. He said it’s crazy. It’s true. It’s true. It’s crazy. They make $1 billion a day and we get nothing.

loser.com

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
And I am so tired of politicians. Nobody knows them better than me. I know them. I know them. I deal with them.

If you can’t get rich dealing with politicians, there’s something wrong with you. Honestly. I know them.
The problem is with politicians and this is almost all of them, not all of them but the problem with politicians it’s perseverance. They work. They try. But they only want to keep their job. That’s 99% of what they want.

I get calls from Senators like Rubio. Could we come and see you? You know, you have these campaign finance limits, which are actually a good thing…I even tell them – Senators call up, I send them a check – it’s easier. I say don’t bother. They want to fly from Washington to New York. I mean, how long. Come to my office and I’m allowed to give them what, $2,600 or something. I mean, like a whole day is wasted.

And I say this is what they do? And that’s what they do from morning ’till night. Rubio? Give me a break, such a puppet.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
It's pretty fun watching my fat buffoon of a governor actually attacking someone other than a teacher and with a coherent, truthful argument with the way he's going after Rubio for being a know nothing lightweight. Hopefully it sticks.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
7News/UMass Lowell New Hampshire tracking poll

http://www.whdh.com/story/31137507/hiller-instinct-7newsumass-lowell-new-hampshire-tracking-poll-day-4#.VrNRyaSfiDY.twitter

Trump 36%
Rubio 15% (+3)
Cruz 14%.
Bush, 8%
Kasich 7%
Christie 5 %
Carson, 4%;
Fiorina 3%

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Jeb please don't lose, man. Don't leave us.

TyroneGoldstein
Mar 30, 2005

Donald Trump posted:

And I am so tired of politicians. Nobody knows them better than me. I know them. I know them. I deal with them.

If you can’t get rich dealing with politicians, there’s something wrong with you. Honestly. I know them.
The problem is with politicians and this is almost all of them, not all of them but the problem with politicians it’s perseverance. They work. They try. But they only want to keep their job. That’s 99% of what they want.

I get calls from Senators like Rubio. Could we come and see you? You know, you have these campaign finance limits, which are actually a good thing…I even tell them – Senators call up, I send them a check – it’s easier. I say don’t bother. They want to fly from Washington to New York. I mean, how long. Come to my office and I’m allowed to give them what, $2,600 or something. I mean, like a whole day is wasted.

And I say this is what they do? And that’s what they do from morning ’till night. Rubio? Give me a break, such a puppet.

I WANNA HAVE ALL YO BABIES! :swoon:

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER

Prof. Lurker posted:

7News/UMass Lowell New Hampshire tracking poll

http://www.whdh.com/story/31137507/hiller-instinct-7newsumass-lowell-new-hampshire-tracking-poll-day-4#.VrNRyaSfiDY.twitter

Trump 36%
Rubio 15% (+3)
Cruz 14%.
Bush, 8%
Kasich 7%
Christie 5 %
Carson, 4%;
Fiorina 3%

Rubio has put the nail in any Hail Mary Jeb! had. he'll drop after NH. No way he sticks until Super Tuesday. I'm sure the establishment donors will appreciate the chance to bail. The report of that post Iowa donor call sounded like they were packing up.

Scott Forstall fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Feb 4, 2016

sullat
Jan 9, 2012

Darth Windu posted:

Okay so is Ted Cruz eligible to run for prez, post says no but other ppl say yes??

Something Awful forums poster sullat says yes, and that's about as authoritative as it gets.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
Yesterday was rough.

Feeling better today, although my 2016 GOP primary innocence is lost.

The fight is on, and it's a fight we the people have yet to win.

But I'm going keep my head up and at worst go down swinging.

I wish SC was a caucus state so I could stick around the polling place for a few hours and preach some truth. Rubio has been annointed the establishments' boy, and they wouldn't do that unless he's going to play ball with the military-industrial complex, the global elites, the Wall-Street banks, the open-borders advocates, the Club for Growth/Chamber of Commerce, etc., etc., etc.

The wait until NH is killing me. We have to make a stand, Trump HAS to win by double digits, and all I can do is watch and wait and place the nation's fate in the hands of a bunch of drat yankees.

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug

Joementum posted:

Maybe they are all out of clothes?

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Oh this is just too perfect. I'm having to remind myself what a terrible person Jeb! has been and how many people he has hosed over to keep enjoying all this and not feeling pity

quote:

As the 2016 campaign heats up, an episode from his tenure as Florida governor reveals why Bush's image as a “uniter, not a divider,” as his older brother used to put it, may not stand up. The state's deeply flawed purge of felons from its voting rolls in advance of the 2000 presidential election remains a scar that still has not healed for many in the state.

“I’ll never the forget people that came up to me and said, ‘You let them steal our votes,’” Rep. Corrine Brown (D-Fla.), who became state's first African-American elected to Congress since Reconstruction when she won her seat in 1992, told The Huffington Post. “So many people were just wiped off the rolls -- people who’d been voting for years and years. You had the obligation to prove that you weren’t a felon.”

The felon purge wrongfully denied thousands of legitimate voters the ability to participate in a presidential election pitting Republican George W. Bush against Democrat Al Gore. Ultimately, a few hundred Florida ballots would determine the presidency, and with it, the nation’s path for the next eight years and, really, well beyond.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2015/06/25/jeb-bush-florida-voter-purge_n_7656764.html

Does this help?

EDIT:

Joementum posted:

If my out by March prediction turns out right, I'm gonna need to win something goddamit. Maybe a Friend Bear teddybear or something

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Joementum posted:

quote:

Longtime Carson confidant Armstrong Williams said the drastic shake-up has been under consideration for weeks but was postponed until after Monday’s Iowa caucuses, where Carson finished in fourth place with 9.3 percent of the vote.

“Dr. Carson is going to get his campaign lean — really lean,” Williams said in an interview. “One issue for a while has been too much infrastructure and he has decided to fully address it so that he can sustain his campaign until the convention.”

Carson’s funds have diminished as he has fallen from the top tier, forcing him to make sweeping changes to a campaign that had swelled into a bustling operation of about 125 people.

Armstrong Williams' insiders take on the campaign shakeup. Dr Carson may have to consider flying commercial at some point in the near future.

e:
I guess this validates Cruz's caucus night fuckery, and I look forward to Ben Carson sincerely and publicly apologizing to Cruz.

Bethamphetamine fucked around with this message at 16:18 on Feb 4, 2016

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

It's kind of telling that Cruz and Trump are fighting over almost two-thirds of the primary base.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Samurai Sanders posted:

Does Trump deliberately use smaller and lower reading level words than the other candidates? I woke up wondering about that today for some reason.

Edit: I don't think I am imagining it; I put a random speech transcript of his and cruz's into the same automated grade level checker and Trump's came out at 4.1 and Cruz at 7.5. Average word length isn't so different though, 3.9 versus 4.1.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/694879900256354304

Politics Bad!

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
New Trump ad:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TiXMRXtztzU

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
I'm happy Trump is back being Trump. "Statesmen" Trump was garbage.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.

Montasque posted:

I'm happy Trump is back being Trump. "Statesmen" Trump was garbage.

http://trumpdonald.org/

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

Joementum posted:

Salmon is huge for Rubio, considering the HFC's only Senate ally has been Cruz.

I would hardly call Cruz the HFC's ally considering how often he's stabbed them in the back...more like he's their screeching Starscream to the HFC's Megatron.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
538 has a new ARG NH poll up, but their link is broken. Maybe it's not public yet.

quote:

2-3 Feb

34 Trump
14 Rubio
13 Kasich
12 Cruz
8 Bush
6 Christie
2 Carson
2 Fiorina

• Locked thread