Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

goatface posted:

Farrell at 12. Hilarious.

Who is available and better?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

:scotland:
brad barrit is probably a better centre and less likely to throw a shitfit when he doesn't get his own way.

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:

you go straight to hell

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

He's pish but he's better than Farrell in contact and about as good at distribution (which is to say, awful).

And Mark Bennett would probably argue with Joseph over who the most exciting centre is in the tournament.

Vaders Jester fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Feb 4, 2016

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.
After the team announcement, Ladbrokes are offering better than 2/1 odds for Scotland to beat England :neckbeard:

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Eddie's bet is looking better now.

Chas McGill
Oct 29, 2010

loves Fat Philippe
Scotland will gently caress it up somehow.

bigfoot again
Apr 24, 2007

Vaders Jester posted:

brad barrit is probably a better centre and less likely to throw a shitfit when he doesn't get his own way.

Are yoy trying to traumatize me

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

bigfoot again posted:

Are yoy trying to traumatize me

Or even better, Farrell and Barritt in the centre. A++.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
I'd have liked Eddie to do something unexpected, pick someone I'd never have thought of. As it is, Farrell will be there, and it will be hilarious.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
That French team looks really promising. Danty and Fickou could do some serious damage if they gel but even as individual players they're both capable of creating something. Starting Vakatawa is a potential disaster though, he's been exclusively playing sevens for two years now

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot

Vaders Jester posted:

Or even better, Farrell and Barritt in the centre. A++.

You joke as though this hasn't already happened.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
For as much as I dislike Farrell (that finger thing he does after kicks makes me want to stab him) he has been in really good form for England's top club side. Ford has dipped a bit but this is the first time I've seen Ford and Farrell named in the same XV and agreed with both their selections.

Gonna call a Scottish win though, England's back row will be over matched and Scotland's back line is as good as anyone's on paper.

V V God now I feel bad, I thought it was something he'd made up himself.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 23:03 on Feb 4, 2016

Apollodorus
Feb 13, 2010

TEST YOUR MIGHT
:patriot:
The interlocking fingers started as a rugby league thing, a tribute to a young fan who got cancer or some other awful disease. Farrell's connected to RL through his dad, obviously, so he picked up on it. He doesn't score a lot of tries though (because he drops the ball in the try zone) so he does it after his kicks.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
I've lived in Scotland for 15 years now.
Since my mother was English i have never supported Scotland when they played England.

Saturday that changes:

I CANNOT loving endorse a team that allows Dylan Hartley to play for them, he is literally everything that I despise about people in general and want to see him getting loving hammered by the Scottish pack.

Tragic Peculiar
May 22, 2008

Tyma posted:

I'm in, but whoever lives closest to Bath is buying the prize this year!

Fuckshitarseballs. There's a good chance that's me (16 miles) although I'm a lot closer to the prince across the River Avon, the magical Gav. It's only fair though, given that I got the signed Reese Preistland photo a year or 2 back.

e: Actually, is it the dude who had the Glen Johnson avatar? Or Tarbrush? Or was that the same person? If not, and if you're one of the disgusting bastards who supports B*th despite living in North Bristol, you can look forward to receiving some Bristol Rugby related tat if you win.

double edit: 10 teams?! Oh, right, 5 are Scottish, so I guess by pure chance I have a 20% chance of winning...

triple edit : WHEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

Tragic Peculiar fucked around with this message at 00:19 on Feb 5, 2016

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not actually in, or a supporter of, Scotland.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Scotland doesn't have supporters, it has victims.

^^ I'm a Bath fan, but I live in Surrey (went to uni in Bath). I'm basically a caricature of an English rugby fan.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

tarbrush posted:

Scotland doesn't have supporters, it has victims.

On that note, anybody who isn't pulling for Scotland to beat England should probably out themselves before Saturday. For the sake of red text avatars and public humiliation and such-and-such!

Tyma fucked around with this message at 03:42 on Feb 5, 2016

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Tyma posted:

On that note, anybody who isn't pulling for Scotland to beat England should probably out themselves before Saturday. For the sake of red text avatars and public humiliation and such-and-such!

I'll out myself, but only because the scots had such an almighty whinge after losing to Australia. I want to see Scottish tears, and then I'll revert to normal service of hoping the Arrogant Wankers lose the rest of their games.

Plucky Brit
Nov 7, 2009

Swing low, sweet chariot
Tyma I think special provisions should be made for English nationals.

In other news I fully support Eddie Jones in his mission to make England arrogant cunts again. We tried being nice but that didn't work; now we may as well try to own our arrogant cunts stereotype.

thegasman2000
Feb 12, 2005
Update my TFLC log? BOLLOCKS!
/
:backtowork:
I am and England and bath fan. I am the worst:eng99:

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
US Goons, can you help? I'm probably in Florida for the last 6N weekend, and want to watch Wales trip over beat the Italians somewhere. Apparently the games are on BeIN - is this a channel you can easily find? Is it PPV? Can I just buy the game and stream in online? I'd watch all the games if I could but I think that might ruin the whole "going to Florida" thing :ohdear:

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

Apollodorus posted:

Cooper's crab-like preference for running sideways at the slightest provocation makes him a natural Sevens player. I just want to see him get flattened by SBW like the jobber he is.

Not as new-look as I had hoped, to be honest. I thought Eddie Jones was going to bring a more interesting team to this one - for example, Itoje and Eastmond would make this a much more interesting side to watch.

Meanwhile, voici la composition équipe XV de France!

There's very little chance of them losing to Italy, obviously, but it will be interesting to see how Guirado fares as captain.

edit: Wales has 3 guys named Gareth and two Davies, but only one Jones...not sure about this one.

I'm interested to see how Vakatawa does, I've got him down as a breakout 15's player in this tournament.

For Scotland Vs England I actually think Farrel at 12 is a good idea. I don't think he thrives at 10 because his decision making seems to be a bit suspect at times. I never thought I'd say it but I actually think England need Danny Cipriani in their centre though. Scotland team looks like the best we can put out I think, hopefully we will do well. Oh god whats happening I'm starting to hope things from a Scotland team.

Aramoro fucked around with this message at 12:37 on Feb 5, 2016

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

I'm interested to see how Vakatawa does, I've got him down as a breakout 15's player in this tournament.

For Scotland Vs England I actually think Farrel at 12 is a good idea. I don't think he thrives at 10 because his decision making seems to be a bit suspect at times. I never thought I'd say it but I actually think England need Danny Cipriani in their centre though. Scotland team looks like the best we can put out I think, hopefully we will do well. Oh god whats happening I'm starting to hope things from a Scotland team.

This is why we lost to Australia, someone, somewhere in Scotland said "I think we might win this." and the Gods struck us down for our folly.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Scotland lost because they thought it was clever to throw a long line out in strong winds and rain.

That basically sums up the scottish mindset...just pissing in the wind

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Usually our mindset is to piss on someone else's chips, especially when it means very little, like making GBS threads up Grand Slams and Triple Crown attempts or jobbing to Ireland in the last week so England miss out on the championship.

We might be shite but we can usually drag some poor sod down with us.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

I like to think of it as an endless stream of piss...once you fill your own bucket you scramble around pissing on everyone else trying to find another bucket

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

gently caress it imma make a :toxx: right now. If Scotland dont win this weekend Tyma and Vaders Jester can select my new Avatar & Text combo

tentish klown
Apr 3, 2011
Ireland team against Wales:

Ireland: S Zebo, A Trimble, K Earls; J Payne, R Henshaw; J Sexton, C Murray; J McGrath, R Best, N White; M McCarthy, D Toner; CJ Stander, T O’Donnell, J Heaslip.

Reps: S Cronin, J Cronin, T Furlong, D Ryan, R Ruddock, K Marmion, I Mafigan, D Kearney.

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

CyberPingu posted:

gently caress it imma make a :toxx: right now. If Scotland dont win this weekend Tyma and Vaders Jester can select my new Avatar & Text combo

Im struggling to see what they could change it to from what it is.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

Aramoro posted:

The Priestland one has served me well thats for sure

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Something from that rugby anime.

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Aramoro posted:

Dylan Hartley mugging it over a Welshman?

fallingdownjoe
Mar 16, 2007

Please love me
Doesn't look like Dylan Hartley's done any glamour shots yet, disappointingly

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

Grimey Drawer
A two frame gif, one of Nigel Owen's face, one of his arse.

tag youre fat
Aug 16, 2013

C'est l'homme ideal
charme au masculin
Ireland team is very disappointing, this is a great chance to introduce some new players into the 23 and try out some new combinations. Instead we're going to learn absolutely nothing outside of the back row

Vaders Jester
Sep 9, 2009

Surprised McCloskey isn't in there. Did they hit the cap for Ulster players in the team or something?

stavros880
May 2, 2005
I like monkeys
Joined the fantasy rugby as team "Dylan was framed".
Looking forward to Hartley winning us all around with his lovely personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
Would've liked to see what McCloskey could do but unless he starts there's no room for him. Looking forward to seeing Stander in green but overall I'm far from optimistic about this Ireland team.