Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
Breitbart is great place to hate read. Especially if you treat it as a comedy site.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
I hope that TLA banned Tristana against Ember

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Westrice not starting for Ember anymore is sad. :(

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I love bad league of legends way more than I should.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
I still swear rapidfire cannon Corki is the stupidest poo poo that I've seen the professional hivemind decide is great. I conceptually understand the why of why they build it, it's still not very good and especially terrible against a triple tank lineup.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

My favorite RFC in pro play is I forget which one, but one of the Chinese top laners loves to build it first item on Graves.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
Someone in EULCS built it second on Kalista last week after completing his IE...

Monathin
Sep 1, 2011

?????????
?

Yo but okay how legitimate is toplane Nautilus in pro play right now because that highlight reel got me thinking

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

He's being played as a Poppy counter, although the worlds greatest home boys the Qaio Gu Reapers have been known to play him top and mid for quite awhile.

Jenny Angel
Oct 24, 2010

Out of Control
Hard to Regulate
Anything Goes!
Lipstick Apathy
Extremely hosed up and dangerous that you misspelled the name of the Qiao Gu Reapers, I'm beginning to think you don't even like QG or China or level one tower dives or Chaos Style or the fact that the sun rises every morning

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Any time I make a mental slip I blame the shot calling I am so dependent upon

edit: Also that joke was amazingly next level considering you know who so hahaha that was really good

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?
Keane bought Dark Seal in a professional game

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Monathin posted:

Yo but okay how legitimate is toplane Nautilus in pro play right now because that highlight reel got me thinking

It's got like a ~54% win rate, it's good.

stump collector
May 28, 2007

curiousCat posted:

Keane bought Dark Seal in a professional game

but he's in the challenger series so

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

When I die, I hope they say I made the eSports industry a better place than I made millions of dollars.
QG and ROX Tigers are my entirely too early predictions for S6 world finals.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

SC Bracer posted:

RLewis's credibility was damaged by the fact that he can't keep sources confidential, probably one of the worst mistakes an journo can make. I really can't think of a good reason why anyone with any sense would speak to him about something this sensitive knowing that he's entirely capable of leaking their identity to prove a twitter point.

people say this but afaik deman wasn't a source on a story, though it was retarded that he tweeted that thing to prove a point. and other than that he's been in esports a really long time and that's the only thing people mention? he seems to be the only dude to break really massive, legit investigative stuff about the scene (CSGO match fixing for example) so i generally trust his stories even if he does have a bit of an agenda, though i'm sure he exaggerates a bit.

if he goes though, who else is gonna break stories like what happened to selfie in MYM? travis? it would be hosed. so he's kinda the best we've got even if it's not great.

Calax posted:

You miss the point. Right now Liquid, TSM and C9 are considered the Kingmakers by Richard Lewis right? The CLG issue is that (at least from what I've seen) they've got the biggest and longest running org distinctly relating to League and are the second best known brand outside of League itself (TSM being the first). CLG are outside the "Regi-steve-jack" circle that Lewis is trying to define, meaning that if those three owners choose to go for Hotshot and get him kicked, they lose a rather large amount of fans, and an income stream on that part of the business (not that LCS makes them money).

Realistically, if this were happening, do you think that Hotshot would keep his trap shut about it?

nobody talks to hotshot because he is an autism elemental

also have you ever seen what happens in this community if anyone ever speaks ill of tsm? you literally can't win any kind of pr war against them. (a lesson hotshot has learned many times now)

Lovechop fucked around with this message at 09:31 on Feb 4, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Based on his very public break up with DoubleLift I would hesitate to suggest HotshotGG has ever learned anything about PR

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents
The level of top laners and ADCs in LCK is ridiculous right now. There's so much talent in those two roles. It's a shame Marin left SKT and they got Duke instead, with Marin still there, it would be even better. The Marin/Smeb/Sssumday Fiora/Darius battles of Worlds 2015 were incredible.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

The Mash posted:

The Marin/Smeb/Sssumday Fiora/Darius battles of Worlds 2015 were incredible.

fiora/riven too, that's one of the most fun matchups to watch ever

henkman
Oct 8, 2008
If lulu had spooky ghosts instead of the bad item...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

henkman posted:

If lulu had spooky ghosts instead of the bad item...
God I despise this build already

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Lovechop posted:

fiora/riven too, that's one of the most fun matchups to watch ever

It's my favourite match-up to play too, all-ins are basically always 50/50 unless one person is 3+ kills ahead. Fiora can cheese it with some armor stacking to gain an advantage starting from 1 kill up, but if you do a regular BC/Hydra build to have better game impact, the matchup is extremely tight unless one of them has snowballed massively.

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
drat faker is just disgusting on Lulu, so many tiny little plays on that coast to coast chase

The Mash posted:

The level of top laners and ADCs in LCK is ridiculous right now. There's so much talent in those two roles. It's a shame Marin left SKT and they got Duke instead, with Marin still there, it would be even better. The Marin/Smeb/Sssumday Fiora/Darius battles of Worlds 2015 were incredible.

Duke is still a hell of a replacement, though. That guy was able to almost solo carry a lot of underwhelming teams sometimes

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Last year before World's I would have said the top 3 laners from Korea were Marin/Duke/Smeb in that order, but now it looks like Duke is still finding his footing and TrAce/Smeb are the strongest top laners right now. Couldn't have seen myself saying Trace was a strong/aggressive top laner but here we are.

Speaking of Jin Air, their only opponents left are Samsung, KT, and Tigers. They could easily finish top 2 in this half of the spring split. Of course they could 0-2 the next three games and end in the middle again too

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Just an hour (And half an hour of "analysis") away!

Elements vs Vitality
Giants vs FNatic
G2 vs Origen
Roccat vs Unicorns of Love
H2k vs Splyce

Manic_Misanthrope
Jul 1, 2010

Really backing UOL with Rudy?

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

EL - VIT
GIA - FNC
G2 - OG
ROC - UOL
H2K - SPY

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

Against Roccat? Sure. I doubt it'll be super clean or anything, but don't forget this is Roccat's first game with Tabzz, too. (Although Tabzz is probably a better player than Rudy)

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

A Stupid Baby posted:

drat faker is just disgusting on Lulu, so many tiny little plays on that coast to coast chase

This game was so good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7cmIIhWbKuA

Even if you ignore everything else, just watch Faker's battle management in these fights on Lulu. He constantly shifts his position, re-assigns targets, gets the Pix into Glitterlance at crazy angles to maximize the slow and damage, throws Whimsy on every priority targets including anyone who is Zilean ulted, and aggressively flashes into multiple 1vX fights knowing he can do some combination of the above things to work his way back out. It's a bloodthirsty game which SKT starts in a monster hole but he recovers it and does insanely well.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

Manic_Misanthrope posted:

I think this is the make or break game for Roccat, they'll either shoot up the rankings and probably finish in the top 5, or they'll sit at the bottom forever.

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
The black wind begins to howl.... One among you will watch EU LCS soon...

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
EL - VIT
GIA - FNC
G2 - OG
ROC - UOL
H2K - SPY

Why does H2K always play last? It's annoying.

Wol
Dec 15, 2012

See you in the
UNDERDARK
It just hit me: How bad is Horo that UOL brought in some solo queue random to play over him?

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Na lcs has shown us that solo queue randoms are at their absolute worst completely average in professional play and should be relied on whenever possible. Also the story of fnatic last year iirc.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

A Stupid Baby posted:

Lulu is actually Faker's most played competitive champion. And yes, he is soooo good at it.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED
lol, top Corki. We have reached peak ADC.

e: woah, top Lucian. Okay.

Libertine
Jun 21, 2004

I like Elements double barrel cannon composition but they probably won't win.

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004
oh I hate this

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

whaaaaattttt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Is this an EU thing or is Ez just undervalued? I don't think he's worse than Lucian/Kalista/Corki

• Locked thread