Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

ZombieLenin posted:

Are the new premiums terrible? They seem terrible.

http://tanks.gg/wot/compare#t:pz-58-mutz.c:indien-pz

The Mutz is an Indien Panzer that fires slower, has better gun handling, and fantastic terrain resistance.

DonkeyHotay posted:

i realize that we are about three years past posting screenshots in this thread but, well, here you go

Post the replay.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Hellsau posted:

I really need to get off my rear end and grind through the SU-101/122-54 before you people get the 263 nerfed to poo poo.

I've been calling the 263 great since it came out and still nobody plays it so who knows.

very next game

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

http://wotreplays.com/site/2455135#ensk-donkeyhotay-object_263

JuffoWup
Mar 28, 2012
The 263 also has some hilarious camp considering its bulk.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

Friendly reminder that the JTiger now has more HP and a better gun than the 263

frood
Aug 26, 2000
Nevermind.

DonkeyHotay posted:

Friendly reminder that the JTiger now has more HP and a better gun than the 263

But can be penned from the front so

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
-doubletap "2"
-shoot the 263

congrats now you can pen a 263 from the front.

Blackdog420
Sep 10, 2009

born to roam
new PS4 idiot player here.

I'm having some serious issues when up against the KV-1, KV-1S, or KV-220. None of my shots can get through these things, they're nuts. Is there a trick to trading shots with these tanks?

Steelion
Aug 2, 2009
Aim for the lower plate on the KV-1/1S, and shoot the turret on the KV-220. Anything with more than 100 pen should have no problem. Less than that and load gold or shoot the sides.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Saying to 'shoot the turret' on the KV-220 is a bit misleading. You shoot anywhere on the front of the turret around the mantlet (because you can't trust your shot won't go into the no-pen area). If you're up against someone who angles their turret between shots even minutely, you know you're up against someone who knows his poo poo. Also, the viewports and MG ports on the KV-1s are vulnerable if you're shooting head-on...but again, keep in mind angling.

You're aiming for the green parts.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 07:34 on Feb 3, 2016

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Hellsau posted:

I really need to get off my rear end and grind through the SU-101/122-54 before you people get the 263 nerfed to poo poo.

Yeah, me too.
The SU-100M1 is kinda fun and the new gun on the SU-101 is hilarious.
Why care about flanking when you can just push anyones face in from the front and then run away.
The SU-122-54 looks more of the same, but with actual good gun handling.
But I have no problems seeing how people might dislike that line.
Russian TDs in general seems to be rather unpopular due to the death of the Obj268.

Is there some site that maps how common different tanks are in WoT?
Edit:
VBaddict had the frequency of different tanks played.
News at 11: It is IS all the way down.

Also, M53/M55 is the third most played tier9 tank and most played arty by a fair margin.

Cardiac fucked around with this message at 08:48 on Feb 3, 2016

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Prav posted:

Wafflefucker-replacement. image speaks for itself:

3k base DPM, 4 shots per minute at 750 damage ea. pretty sure rita's giving out HE DPM again with that 3,9k figure (gee).

If there was ever an appropriate time for this, it's now: :wtc:

The WTF-100 wasn't ridiculous enough, so they're replacing it with this. :thumbsup:

ZombieLenin posted:

I am bad at arty, because I often ignore XVM. I assess the map, pre-aim at the push lines and wait for someone to stick their face out, or drive in the open.

Typically I focus on heavies, or tanks that I assess are dangerous. XVM is the 3rd thing I will look at, and only if people on the red team are being universally lovely and I've got an overabundance of targets.

You can config your mods so it shows stats next to the tank on the field, rather than having to look at the scoreboard for that info.

Ensign Expendable posted:

Welcome to Nazi Wargaming tank designs

FTFY

ZombieLenin posted:

Are the new premiums terrible? They seem terrible.

It's more that having 10 of them per team because they're renting them to everyone for free is terrible. Also, the players in them are terrible.

The tanks themselves are probably fine but would be better with pref MM.

Blackdog420 posted:

new PS4 idiot player here.

I'm having some serious issues when up against the KV-1, KV-1S, or KV-220. None of my shots can get through these things, they're nuts. Is there a trick to trading shots with these tanks?

What are you trying to shoot them with? This is important because it'll tell us what kind of pen you're working with, and whether you should be trading shots with them frontally. But basically shoot the flattest areas on whatever you're facing, and what Destruya posted about the turret front is correct, but as far as the hull is concerned on the KV-series, look at that screenshot and note UFG1 and LFG1; those are the flat areas you should be aiming for, versus the heavily sloped UFG2 in the middle.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

you're forgetting that the nazis were very ahead of their time and already designing weapons for videogames. for instance:

two meters longer than the 15 cm L/63.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
What is that in the lower right? Is that the amount of hit points?

Bahaha

Double win (cap + kill all)
Clean sweep
Rage

I hit the trifecta.

Squish fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Feb 3, 2016

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Does the Cromwell B ever go on sale? I am loving the Cromwell because it is A Good Tank, and was thinking of keeping it with crew intact and start a new crew with the Comet. But if the Cromwell B is the same thing, and ever goes on sale, I can just buy that and use it to train the crew all the way to the Centurion AX.

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Cromwell B has only been for sale twice on NA. Last time was early December. It might be for sale again in May for VE Day.

Squish
Nov 22, 2007

Unrelenting.
Lipstick Apathy
So I bought a LePffft, and put a girly crew on it.

Brother Hellsau I have taken a leap of faith.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

FYI everyone: if you had a tier 10 FV4202 and didn't get the tier 8 because you never played a battle in the former, open a ticket with support and they'll add it manually. Courtesy of The Chieftain, the one good dude in WGNA: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/482681-earn-a-free-fv4202-p-in-february/page__st__140__pid__9834648#entry9834648
:unsmith:

Prav posted:

you're forgetting that the nazis were very ahead of their time and already designing weapons for videogames. for instance:

two meters longer than the 15 cm L/63.

drat, I always forget all the good things Nazis did for us. :/

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Atomizer posted:

FYI everyone: if you had a tier 10 FV4202 and didn't get the tier 8 because you never played a battle in the former, open a ticket with support and they'll add it manually. Courtesy of The Chieftain, the one good dude in WGNA: http://forum.worldoftanks.com/index.php?/topic/482681-earn-a-free-fv4202-p-in-february/page__st__140__pid__9834648#entry9834648
:unsmith:
Thanks for this.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

durhh

Animal fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Feb 3, 2016

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo

Animal posted:

Home in your bed every night is something we all knew we were giving up on, but the money is the problem. The regional industry is obsolete and needs to implode.

I can't wait to get started with Atlas so I can finally do adult things, like buy property, and save for retirement.

:agreed:

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I don''t know how I posted in a thread and it ended up here!

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Animal posted:

I don''t know how I posted in a thread and it ended up here!

You missed us that much?

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

Hellsau posted:

You missed us that much?

It's the abusive boyfriend you keep going back to every few months.

Turmoilx
Nov 24, 2015

I possibly could of done something more effective with this money but I'm not sure.

DonkeyHotay posted:

I've been calling the 263 great since it came out and still nobody plays it so who knows.

very next game

not played in a while,thats a lot of patton KRs is that normal? :smithfrog:

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
It's nothin' but Mutz & KRs. I've just had 6 tier 8 max games IN A ROW in my Walker Bulldog last night before I gave up on the game / life. At least I finally unlocked the T49 after forever.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug
Take a break from this lovely game to read a steamy spoonful of :siren:Pasholok facts:siren:

Q: Are there options to replace the VK4502B?
A: Yes, there was an alternative and it made it to the supertest. It's the Mauschen, one of the Maus predecessors, discovered by German historian Michael Froelich and published in his book. I recommend anyone who speaks German to buy his books, each one is a wonderfully researched. Mr Froelich even managed to pin down where certain photos were taken, including the exact spot where the second Maus prototype was blown up.
The main problem with the Mauschen was its armour. My opinion is that nothing stopped us from filing down the armour where necessary, especially since we didn't have to cut a lot. The situation is quite comical, as after everything that we stuffed into the VK, nerfing the Mauschen's armour is child's play. This is, after all, a game, and not a rivet counting simulator. This kind of respect for historical accuracy brings up the old joke about either putting on your pants or taking off your crucifix.

Q: WotFan published a video about the T-55. It said that the T-55 counts as a Czechoslovakian tank since most of the production was there. Why is the T-55 German in the game?
A: The tank was modeled after tanks that served in the DDR army. The Warsaw Pact had a very tight system of vehicle exchange, the German army also had Hungarian recon PSzH-IV cars, Czechoslovakian RM-70 rocket launchers, Czechoslovakian OT-62 APCs. Even the tank helmets used by German tankers were made in Poland.

Q: Is there potential for captured tanks like the T-34-88 and similar as premium tanks?
A: Each nation was supposed to have a small amount of captured vehicles. We have plenty of these, but for some reason, there are not in demand. The Xbox version has a T-34-88 already though.

Q: How do explain that the Panther was a heavy tank, but medium only in the German classification?
A: Just last week, I finished as series of articles for Warspot about the development of the AMX M4, which later turned into the AMX 50. In archive documents, the AMX 50 remained a medium tank until 1958. How ccana 60 ton tank can be called medium? Well the French didn't care. And the Centurion, which rapidly fattened up to 50 tons, remained a medium. The ARL, which quickly became 48 tons instead of 35, remained a medium, and suddenly became a tank destroyer.

Q: Is the Object 260 the same tank as the IS7? Why does the IS-7 drive so much worse?
A: They are not the same. The tank in the game is the second variant of the Object 260 mod. 1945. It weighs 61.5 tons and has two V-16 engines with total horsepower of 1200 hp. Its effective hp/ton is superior to that of the IS-7 mod. 1948. They are radically different vehicles. Keep in mind that Objects 258 through 261 each had 2 types of armament, and there were 11 variants in total, and all were called IS-7. The Object 257, the very first IS-7, didn't even have a torsion bar suspension.

Q: Storm once revealed the horrible truth that the FV183b was a made up tank, which justified the swap. Now you insist that the tank is historical, what happened?
A: All I can do is link you to the article and all your questions will disappear.

Q: Which nation has the most tanks in reserve?
A: Currently the USSR has the most, but there is more potential for British vehicles. They are very undervalued, and there hasn't been a particularly deep research dive on that topic.

Q: Was the IT-1 tank destroyer considered for the game? Will ATGMs be implemented in any way?
A: The IT-1 was not considered, since the game has no implementation of rockets, let alone ATGMs. However, rocket tanks, like a Katyusha analogue, were explored long ago.

Q: Why does the T-43 go after the T-34-85 if it was a prototype of the T-34-85?
A: Game logic doesn't correlate with reality. The best example is the IS-7 that goes after the IS-8. Also, it wasn't a prototype, more like a parallel development.

Q: Was the Super Pershing used in battle?
A: Yes, it was used in the 3rd Armoured Division since March of 1945. It gained its extra armour thanks to the technicians of that division. The extra armour was literally earned in battle. Several tank divisions practiced using knocked out tanks, especially Panthers, as donors of extra armour.

Q: When will we see Czechoslovakian heavy tanks?
A: Never, Czechoslovakia did not work on heavy tanks.

Q: Will the ELC get its historical fully rotating turret?
A: It's not historical. The AMX ELC 90 could not rotate its turret while driving, as the driver was in the turret and, unlike in the Object 416, his instrument panel was not in there with him.

Q: Why do some tanks get taken out of the game (T23, T-50-2) and some become premiums (FV4202)?
A: Game designers and balance staff think that the tanks do not fit into the game. For instance, the T-50-2 had little left in it from the T-50 Kirov prototype.

Q: Is it possible to see the LT vz 40 tank in the game, even as a premium?
A: We didn't forget about it, and it's in the list of potential tanks. Whether or not it will be in the game is not up to me.

Q: Where did you get the Tiger's stock turret? Why can't it have a normal turret? Tigers had different commander's cupolas, for instance.
A: The stock turret is the turret from the PzKpfw VI Ausf H2, dated fall 1942. A full size wooden model was built. We got it from Panzer Tracts 20-1 by Jentz and Doyle, leading historians of German armour. As for cupolas, that's not a good reason. Aside from the cupola, there is almost no difference.

Q: Why not introduce the Soviet T-37A or at least KhT-130 as tier 1 vehicles?
A: I will answer you with another question: who are they supposed to fight?

Q: Were there Soviet tanks with magazine autoloaders, even on paper?
A: Not magazine autoloaders, no. There were many projects with autoloaders, however. For example a variant of the Object 752 heavy tank. You can read about it in my article on Warspot.

Q: Is it possible to introduce the E-5 and E-10 tanks? If not then why?
A: There will be no E-5 for sure, if only because there was no such tank. People often apply that index to the Wanze tank destroyer on the Borgward B4 chassis, but this was not called E-5, nor was the Rutscher tank destroyer. As for the E-10, it's possible, but it will only make sense once its main feature is added, an active suspension.

Q: Why are light tanks necessary if they live for 1-2 minutes tops?
A: Only lights that follow the "RUSH MID" principle live for 1-2 minutes. A scout is a very important vehicle for your team that can save even a hopeless match. You have to understand that it's not a heavy, nor even a medium tank. It was made for something else. In strongholds and clan matches, light tanks cause dread and fear. Light setups smash enemy teams.

Q: What's up with the Lorraine 40t? Will there be a replacement or a buff?
A: It very recently had its gun buffed, for one. And secondly, the tank is okay for its tier. Gameplay is similar to that of its heavy brothers. It wasn't made to take the front lines, it has its own mission.

AlmightyPants
Mar 14, 2001

King of Scheduling
Pillbug
I haven't loaded this game up since November and haven't played in any substantial amount since this summer, but I got an email today with Paul Barnett (who convinced me to buy the Warhammer MMO because he's goddamn insane and compelling) telling me about some sort of mission to get the FV4202 premium or something? Is this going to be worthwhile? Is there anything new and compelling in tanks or should I just enjoy that I seem to be free from it at last?

Terrorist Fistbump
Jan 29, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
The FV4202 isn't worth the hassle. It's a bad Centurion I.

Recent additions to the game have been a line of good Czech medium tanks and a line of goofy but fun Japanese heavies. There are also a few new mediums that are premium versions of tech tree tanks. I don't think any of these tanks are particularly compelling but ymmv.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost

AlmightyPants posted:

I haven't loaded this game up since November and haven't played in any substantial amount since this summer, but I got an email today with Paul Barnett (who convinced me to buy the Warhammer MMO because he's goddamn insane and compelling) telling me about some sort of mission to get the FV4202 premium or something? Is this going to be worthwhile? Is there anything new and compelling in tanks or should I just enjoy that I seem to be free from it at last?

Neither the Korea Patton or Mutz are all that interesting, the FV4202 is pretty much the same. Wargaming seems to stopped making interesting premiums because they can't balance them and they don't like limited matchmaking, so now they are just copies of existing tanks. The KR is a Pershing, the Mutz a IndienPanzer and the FV4202 is a shittier Centurion.

The giant dumb Japanese heavy line is kinda neat if you like the idea of playing a huger KV-2.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
The Relavorise...

Is a good tank for pub matches. That is all.

Atomizer
Jun 24, 2007

Q: Storm once revealed the horrible truth that the FV183b was a made up tank, which justified the swap. Now you insist that the tank is historical, what happened?
A: All I can do is link you to the article and all your questions will disappear.

Wait, what article? :monocle:

AlmightyPants posted:

If you had the tier 10 FV4202 you can get the tier 8 for free (no mission.)

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Q: What's up with the Lorraine 40t? Will there be a replacement or a buff?
A: It very recently had its gun buffed, for one. And secondly, the tank is okay for its tier. Gameplay is similar to that of its heavy brothers. It wasn't made to take the front lines, it has its own mission.

Just got the Lorraine 40t and it have been very enjoyable so far. Just lacking the top engine, but the tank moves pretty fine even without it.
It is basically a better AMX 50 100 1 tier higher, and that is one tank I never had problems going into tier10 games in.
Gun control on the Lorraine is decent, it is fast, have a workable depression.
Can't carry for poo poo though, but does it's fair amount of damage.

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

It's nothin' but Mutz & KRs. I've just had 6 tier 8 max games IN A ROW in my Walker Bulldog last night before I gave up on the game / life. At least I finally unlocked the T49 after forever.

The final solution to the Mutz/Kr Patton problem is to run something with armour since most lower tier players have no idea how to pen a competently played IS-3, Tiger2, KV-4, IS-6, AT-15 while they sit in the open and gets murdered.
The Mutz/KR wolf packs runs to a dead halt when they encounter something with armour which they can't easily pen and can't surround.

Ensign Expendable
Nov 11, 2008

Lager beer is proof that god loves us
Pillbug

Atomizer posted:

Wait, what article? :monocle:

If you had the tier 10 FV4202 you can get the tier 8 for free (no mission.)

I haven't gotten around to translating it yet, but I'll add it to the queue if you're interested.

M.C. McMic
Nov 8, 2008

The Weight room
Is your friend
Had to buy the 105 LEFH after seeing quickybaby get really frustrated with it and bitch about it on one of his streams.

edit: Also, I'm not so sure giving pubbies free tier 8 prems is such a bad thing when I'm trying to grind the Pershing. Maybe I should play *more* this month.

On a side not, I'm still mostly stock, and the Pershing is slow as poo poo and I have to fire a lot of premium, and it's frustrating for me, since I have very little time to play tanks.

M.C. McMic fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Feb 4, 2016

ShankyMcStabber
Mar 9, 2012

I spend way too much money on computer parts.
I created a PS4 Community for those of us dumb enough to play this game on a console. It is called Goon Tonks.

PM me, Respond here with your PSN name, or send a PSN message to ShankyMcStabber for an invite.

Ensign Expendable, because almost no one looks at the Console thread for this game is there any chance you can add this to the OP?

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I havn't played this in a really really long time. I guess there are Czech tanks and Japanese heavies now. Are they any good?

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

-Troika- posted:

I havn't played this in a really really long time. I guess there are Czech tanks and Japanese heavies now. Are they any good?

The O-I is a tier 6 Japanese heavy tank that is basically a KV-2 that has 150mm of armor on the front and weighs 150 tons but stays reasonably mobile. The tanks before and after it are good, tiers 1-4 and 8-10 are either underwhelming or horrifically bad.

The Czech tier 6, 9, and 10 are overpowered, the rest are crap.

World of Tanks still sucks.

Vorkosigan
Mar 28, 2012

http://thearmoredpatrol.com/2016/02/04/9-14-supertest-patchnotes/

ArmoredPatrol posted:

5. Added mechanic of tanks turning over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZombieLenin
Sep 6, 2009

"Democracy for the insignificant minority, democracy for the rich--that is the democracy of capitalist society." VI Lenin

[/quote]

2. Decreased the number of modules on lower tiers to ease the progression mechanic.

Can I have the XP I blew unlocking useless poo poo back as free XP?