Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Geokinesis posted:

Behaviour theorists see delaying gratification as an adaptive skill. It has been shown that learning to delay gratification promotes positive social behaviour, such as sharing and positive peer interactions.

I'm cool waiting for tomorrow. Gonna work on all my stuff for tomorrow to free up as much time as possible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So, funny story to pass the time:

I preordered this game on Steam sometime in December for full price because gently caress it, :effort:

Well, it turns out I had loving forgotten I had already preordered it for 30€ from FunStock Digital at some point, because I just got an email from them with a game key.

:suicide:

Barracuda Bang!
Oct 21, 2008

The first rule of No Avatar Club is: you do not talk about No Avatar Club. The second rule of No Avatar Club is: you DO NOT talk about No Avatar Club
Grimey Drawer

Geokinesis posted:

Behaviour theorists see delaying gratification as an adaptive skill. It has been shown that learning to delay gratification promotes positive social behaviour, such as sharing and positive peer interactions.

gently caress sharing and gently caress positive peer whatevers

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Well mods are implemented nicely~

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

So the GMG code isn't working... is there a new one? :(

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

Are you sure you're entering the right code?

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

I'm using: GREENM-ANGAME-25PJAN. Error is : Unable to add voucher. If you are trying to use a gift card, please ensure you have entered a 25-character code. If you are using a voucher, enter an 18-character code.

staplegun
Sep 21, 2003

How does unlocking work these days? Do I need the space of the game available on the installed drive to hold the interim files while they're decrypting or do you think I'll be good with 15Gb free?

RedLobster
Nov 19, 2010

Original Character
!DO NOT STEAL!
Only a year to go until xcom is ready to play!

LotsBread
Jan 4, 2013
chose a good movie to get in the mood for the game: The Thing. I wish the faceless were more like the thing. Just this big blob of organs and parts.

Oh well, mods! :v:

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
Took a bunch of restarts but I got it to start unpacking. See you folks in a few days.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Strong Sauce posted:

I'm using: GREENM-ANGAME-25PJAN. Error is : Unable to add voucher. If you are trying to use a gift card, please ensure you have entered a 25-character code. If you are using a voucher, enter an 18-character code.

EDIT: Nope, nevermind, you missed it, GMG just ended the sales on it.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

staplegun posted:

How does unlocking work these days? Do I need the space of the game available on the installed drive to hold the interim files while they're decrypting or do you think I'll be good with 15Gb free?

They basically just have you download a key and decrypt from there, it's a pretty small file. You're more than fine.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Geokinesis posted:

“The Fremen were supreme in that quality the ancients called "spannungsbogen" -- which is the self-imposed delay between desire for a thing and the act of reaching out to grasp that thing.” - Frank Herbert, Dune.

But seriously gimme dat xcom

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why did GMG send me two keys when the first one said that it was the XCOM 2 RESISTANCE Edition or whatever it was called

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

also do mods gently caress with getting achievements?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

One key is for the pre-order bonuses, the other key is for the actual game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

staplegun posted:

:eyepop: Yikes that is a tiny amount of free space. Probably going to be a problem.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

How do you actually enable Ironman? There's no option for it at the start.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
What kind of hosed up release time is 5 am in the morning? :qq:

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

Super No Vacancy posted:

also do mods gently caress with getting achievements?

Straight from Jake Solomon: no

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Super No Vacancy posted:

why did GMG send me two keys when the first one said that it was the XCOM 2 RESISTANCE Edition or whatever it was called

DreamShipWrecked posted:

For all the people with GMG issues, you will have two keys in the email

1. This one is the preorder and should be done -second-
2. THIS one is the actual game and need to be put in first.

There are a lot of people having issues with it, oddly

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Ah goddamn first time setup, just let me play the drat thing!

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

emTme3 fucked around with this message at 02:38 on Mar 31, 2022

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.
Also some additional Solomon's Wisdom:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Blackunknown
Oct 18, 2013

So VPN seems to be working fine, Steam cannot connect to the network though. :negative:
I have no idea if i'm doing anything wrong.

Joust
Dec 7, 2007

No Ledges.
I am now playing Alien Game.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

What kind of hosed up release time is 5 am in the morning? :qq:

It releases midnight tonight in the US which is quite normal. Its not 2k's fault everybody's gotta VPN to get it asap :cheeky:

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Decrypting took forever even on raid 0 SSDs :v: Disappointed that max rez is 1900x1200 :(

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

splifyphus posted:

Stuck downloading a 300mb patch at a trickle from Australia. poo poo's going to take forever.

Yeah you really don't wanna download that much data over a VPN

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

Elliotw2 posted:

EDIT: Nope, nevermind, you missed it, GMG just ended the sales on it.

noooooooooooo

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012

splifyphus posted:

Stuck downloading a 300mb patch at a trickle from Australia. poo poo's going to take forever.
Mine's not even downloading :downs:
Is everyone just hammering the duct-taped Aus servers to get it early or something?

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

I was wondering: does the Sniper Overwatch trick still work? I haven't played EU/EW in a while.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

The Kins posted:

My favourite part of the thread so far is Americans being culturally unable to cope with the sheer horrifying concept of not being able to play a videogame before a country that historically has to wait six months extra to pay fifty bucks more.

My favorite part is playing it 10 hours early and paying $50 less than Australia

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Nordick posted:

Goddamnit, I've turned on the VPN and my internet connection works otherwise (albeit slowly), but the Steam client is giving a connection error.
So to anyone who was having this problem with F-Secure Freedome: I just restarted my computer and it works now. Old tricks best tricks! :v:

so restart 'puter -> shut Steam down if you have it launching with Windows -> Turn on VPN -> run Steam.

Karasu Tengu
Feb 16, 2011

Humble Tengu Newspaper Reporter

Strong Sauce posted:

noooooooooooo

Actually they might be waffling on it, try XXCOM2-DIGDUL-23PERC with the deluxe edition?

Cathode Raymond
Dec 30, 2015

My antenna is telling me that you're probably wrong about this.
Soiled Meat

Broken Cog posted:

What would be the best difficulty to start on for a newcomer to the series? (Tried out the original XCom's way back, but didn't really get into it at the time)

If it's anything like last game, I would set it at the lowest initially to get extra starting benefits on the strategic layer, then going up to the next difficulty level soon after.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

hunh thanks thats weird mostly because the key for the game is titled in a way to suggest it has the preorder bonus packed in but ok

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
So is the leader mod worth it? Seems like it adds that extra gameplay strategy but I don't know if the game is balanced around that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde
... Oh my god at what just happened in Jam's stream. :aaaaa: