Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Scathach
Apr 4, 2011

You know that thing where you sleep on your arm funny and when you wake up it's all numb? Yeah that's my whole world right now.

WHY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Need 2 Eat? Go on and have it!

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

"Moist and Tender"

As for the bear meat, if you have a roast you could always corn it if you think there is going to be a funky taste. I like moose but I had a big old moose roast that we corned and it tasted awesome.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS

EorayMel posted:

There is no food item that gets to me more than meat tainted in any way.

[in Arnold voice] eet's naught a tumah!

except it is

I can't stop thinking about this :stare:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

EorayMel posted:

There is no food item that gets to me more than meat tainted in any way.

[in Arnold voice] eet's naught a tumah!

except it is

I want to die

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"
When I first moved in here I went to this lovely wholesale supermarket that boasted they had prices cheaper than all the competition to see what they had

In the meat section there was a bunch of stuff wrapped up labeled "Meat"

Just "Meat"

Horrible Smutbeast
Sep 2, 2011

Semisponge posted:

I can't stop thinking about this :stare:

https://www.reddit.com/r/skeptic/comments/1d7hk5/this_is_supposedly_a_tumor_oozing_out_of_a_cut_of/

Worry not, apparently it's a spinal abscess and the whole piece of meat was probably thrown out.

Bodies are loving weird.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
Strangely enough knowing what it is doesn't make it any less nauseating :stare: :stare:

titties
May 10, 2012

They're like two suicide notes stuffed into a glitter bra

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Gamma Nerd posted:

you're going to need to provide backstory to this

He was hunting deer, which he had a license for, walked around what amounts to a blind turn in the trail and came face to face with a disgruntled black bear.

They're usually not particularly dangerous but this one was very close and for whatever reason it was not having the usual "I'll just back up the trail quietly and you keep doing your bear stuff" method. It stood up, bellowed, and advanced.

So he shot it. A couple times, being loaded for deer and not bear. Then went back to the cabin he was staying at to get his hunting buddies to help dress it and drag it down the mountain.

I don't know why it was extra ornery that day, maybe all the nasty fish gave it a tummy ache.

So having killed it, we had to eat it. Which seemed like a great idea because it turned into about 300 pounds of meat once butchered and like I said we were really poor at the time. A great idea until you actually tasted the meat.

My dad drove a sedan at the time, so the bear was lashed to the roof with rope and driven home. Somewhere there exists a photo of pre-k me in my little coat with the mittens on a string through the sleeves standing atop the dead bear strapped to the roof of a nineteen sixty something Buick Wildcat.

So yeah, he wasn't intending or even expecting to see a bear much less kill one.

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

Semisponge posted:

Strangely enough knowing what it is doesn't make it any less nauseating :stare: :stare:

It makes for a great sauce though. Mm, pour it over some mashed potatoes and it's delicious!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fishstick
Jul 9, 2005

Does not require preheating

Are those flans?

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Fishstick posted:

Are those flans?

Look at this scrub who's never had flan and noodle soup before!

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Puntification posted:

Look at this scrub who's never had flan and noodle soup before!

It looks to be a flan risotto. :eng101:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Who was under the impression that tumors were a liquid

Cavenagh
Oct 9, 2007

Grrrrrrrrr.

Eponine posted:

It looks to be a flan risotto. :eng101:

A risotto made with instant ramen and sickly sweet fake caramel custard instead of rice and stock? What hellish definition of risotto is this?

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice
ME AM BIZARRISOTTO!

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Fishstick posted:

Are those flans?

What, you're not familiar with the cultural delicacy that is Purin Ramen?

Good, because it doesn't exist and shouldn't. :gonk:

Also Mac&Cheese&Steak sounds great. Kind of a waste of steak, but still great.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

pienipple posted:

My dad drove a sedan at the time, so the bear was lashed to the roof with rope and driven home. Somewhere there exists a photo of pre-k me in my little coat with the mittens on a string through the sleeves standing atop the dead bear strapped to the roof of a nineteen sixty something Buick Wildcat.

That makes it sound like you surfed the bear down the highway, which as far as I'm concerned is now what happened

Puntification
Nov 4, 2009

Black Orthodontromancy
The most British Magic

Fun Shoe

Cavenagh posted:

A risotto made with instant ramen and sickly sweet fake caramel custard instead of rice and stock? What hellish definition of risotto is this?

There aren't any risotto rules Cavenagh!

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!

Aesop Poprock posted:

That makes it sound like you surfed the bear down the highway, which as far as I'm concerned is now what happened

I'm retroactively making this canon.

Crust First
May 1, 2013

Wrong lads.

"There has been a concern raised over a bit of cheese I managed to form, should I laminate it for posterity or continue to consume?"

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

AnonSpore posted:

When I first moved in here I went to this lovely wholesale supermarket that boasted they had prices cheaper than all the competition to see what they had

In the meat section there was a bunch of stuff wrapped up labeled "Meat"

Just "Meat"

Choice Chops wants you to know we have meat. Just meat. Stop asking if we have anything else!

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
no sauce no cheese top chips

Ramos
Jul 3, 2012

cash crab posted:

Choice Chops wants you to know we have meat. Just meat. Stop asking if we have anything else!

I get the feeling this will mostly taste like sugar and little else.

mds2
Apr 8, 2004

Australia: 131114
Canada: 18662773553
Germany: 08001810771
India: 8888817666
Japan: 810352869090
Russia: 0078202577577
UK: 08457909090
US: 1-800-273-8255

cash crab posted:

Fake bacon flavoring is terrible.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

cash crab posted:

Cupcake vodka tastes good though :confused:

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

I couldn't figure out what was happening here at first, but I believe it's the single worst attempt at making pretzels ever.

Or it's just freshly baked dog poo poo.

Rotting Banana Peel is the possibly the worst serving dish we've seen in this thread. Who knows what's in it.

Fish Of Doom has a new favorite as of 20:14 on Feb 4, 2016

AnonSpore
Jan 19, 2012

"I didn't see the part where he develops as a character so I guess he never developed as a character"

Fish Of Doom posted:

Rotting Banana Peel is the possibly the worst serving dish we've seen in this thread. Who knows what's in it.

I think it's poutine

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
:itwaspoo: tine

root beer
Nov 13, 2005

Poutine in a plantain?

e: f; b

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

mds2 posted:

bacon ... is terrible.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Fish Of Doom posted:

I couldn't figure out what was happening here at first, but I believe it's the single worst attempt at making pretzels ever.

Correct.

Fish Of Doom posted:

Baked banana boat with peanut butter, chocolate chips, and marshmallows.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

CannonFodder posted:

no sauce no cheese top chips

Goddammit even thinking about none pizza with left beef makes me crack up and I have no idea why. What is wrong with my brain?

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

thespaceinvader posted:

Goddammit even thinking about none pizza with left beef makes me crack up and I have no idea why. What is wrong with my brain?

:same:

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

itty bitty banana, itty bitty boat

Haverchuck
May 6, 2005

the coolest

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

thespaceinvader posted:

It is my favourite too

Content:

also, I know you guys of all people would have an opinion: Chicago deep dish, yay or nay?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pienipple
Mar 20, 2009

That's wrong!
I'm a New Yorker so I'm obliged to declare that Chicago style is a casserole.

I'd probably eat it if put in front of me but my preference is for slices that can be picked up and eaten.

• Locked thread