Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Are you a
This poll is closed.
homeowner 39 22.41%
renter 69 39.66%
stupid peace of poo poo 66 37.93%
Total: 174 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

The experience over the years
of nothing getting better
only worse.
Curia polling reveals kiwis to still be racist cretins

https://twitter.com/Mihi_Forbes/status/695110620065058816

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Binkenstein posted:

While I dislike the TPP, I think sitting in the middle of a motorway is just plain stupid, especially if people were just running into traffic as the reports indicate. Keep the protests into the CBD around Sky City imo

Polite protests down an organised route don't do anything. The bad guys aren't inconvenienced, the news will frame you as flaky/violent losers and nothing changes.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

Ratios and Tendency posted:

Polite protests down an organised route don't do anything. The bad guys aren't inconvenienced, the news will frame you as flaky/violent losers and nothing changes.

This is about when I advocate fatal, targeted strikes against the ruling classes in a short period of time to maximize the effect caused before the general rich-boy poo poo-head exodus to their tax havens in the Caribbean; Due to more or less being protected against all legal means of prosecution and social change via a corrupted and sycophantic institution of government and law, leaving only death, extreme pain, maiming/disfigurement or complete financial ruin as effective motivators to treat anyone earning less than mid-six figures like human beings instead of slightly sheepish cattle.

But I won't. Because reasons.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

WarpedNaba posted:

This is about when I advocate fatal, targeted strikes against the ruling classes in a short period of time to maximize the effect caused before the general rich-boy poo poo-head exodus to their tax havens in the Caribbean; Due to more or less being protected against all legal means of prosecution and social change via a corrupted and sycophantic institution of government and law, leaving only death, extreme pain, maiming/disfigurement or complete financial ruin as effective motivators to treat anyone earning less than mid-six figures like human beings instead of slightly sheepish cattle.

But I won't. Because reasons.

Whew! GCSB almost had you there for a second, well chosen final line.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Slavvy posted:

I was, unfortunately, in a car with no band expander so newstalk was the only thing on the menu and I happened to be driving when larry mullins was tirading about how 'one look at these people will tell you they're unemployed and unemployable because what employer would even want to hire them?'.

To be fair, I walked through the protest on my way back from lunch and I saw three Guy Fawkes masks just in the immediate vicinity.

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
https://twitter.com/JordNZ/status/695005037886443521

Ghostlight posted:

To be fair, I walked through the protest on my way back from lunch and I saw three Guy Fawkes masks just in the immediate vicinity.

https://twitter.com/lisaowennz/status/694983448935604224
vOv

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Wow i wonder why they would possibly be doing that. Must be to keep them safe from ISIS

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

In the road, part of the march. In the road, part of the march.

Taitale
Feb 19, 2011
There is an OIA request about the police photographer etc on FYI but it almost definitely going to be denied under 6(c)

oohhboy
Jun 8, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Exclamation Marx posted:

Curia polling reveals kiwis to still be racist cretins

https://twitter.com/Mihi_Forbes/status/695110620065058816

Tweet disappeared.

White dudes. Privilege. Badly used statistics. Lack of self awareness. Ignorance. Greed. All in a days work in NZ. gently caress.

Don't ever read their tweets as they are completely insufferably smug about loving everyone over.

We need Bernie Sanders.

Slavvy
Dec 11, 2012

oohhboy posted:

We need Bernie Sanders.a guillotine.

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006

Exclamation Marx posted:

https://twitter.com/JordNZ/status/695005037886443521

Foriengers protesting a multi-national trade agreement!?!? Typical rent-a-crowd!

Solus
May 31, 2011

Drongos.
Where can I get in on this sweet rent-a-crowd money to supplement the income I get from working for a Fortune 500 company?

kaiwero
Aug 22, 2006
At the Iluminati Centre, next to the crisis actors department.

Jaguars!
Jul 31, 2012

Thanks very much. I'd been told that they ran at a profit, but it seems like even when I was told that, probasbly a decade ago now, they weren't.

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Isn't it a bit ironic for Jordan Williams to be accusing the protesters of only showing up because they are getting paid?
Or is he just not able to comprehend the notion that people can care about a thing without the prospect of monetary gain from it?

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I don't think he's suggesting they're being paid, everyone knows the let in NZ has no money. It was more a xenophobic jibe in the nature of "how dare they come to are country and protest are govermint"

voiceless anal fricative fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 4, 2016

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Soon friends

Soon

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11584909

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Also look at what he wore at the signing

loving lol Bought and Fuckin' Sold

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

What a loving piece of poo poo Jhon Key is.

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

The spelling of jhon key name was incorrect lmao

klen dool
May 7, 2007

Okay well me being wrong in some limited situations doesn't change my overall point.
So what's the downside of not joining? I can't think of any and no one seems to be able to explain what the downside is apart from "we'll miss out on phat loot"

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

klen dool posted:

So what's the downside of not joining? I can't think of any and no one seems to be able to explain what the downside is apart from "we'll miss out on phat loot"

Our GDP might not increase by fractions of a percentage over several years, represented by a lack of extra aggregate growth in export volumes as we might not be able to make more deals on the trading floor for dairy, wood and wine.

Lateral movement of staff between multinational corporations might not be as easy, as the nomenclature of forms and regulations involved might not be completely in line, making it harder to use the right buzzwords to get interviews.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

I'm against TPPA, and I'm not interested in defending it, but since someone asked what the benefits are I'll expound the other side's version since I've heard quite a lot of it through my partners work in the area.

There will be benefits for our exporters. Not in the form of increased value, but access to markets. We compete with Australia in nearly every major export, and they have much more leverage and capacity to sign trade deals with countries. Their recent one with Korea is an example, were really struggling to get a foot in the door there or to get the same quality of agreement. That means Aussie exports are automatically preferred there. So a large part of it is FOMO, its not so much that our exporters will make more money, its that our exporters will be out competed for new opportunities.

The other FOMO aspect is that this kind of trade deal is the way OECD trade is going, and is the first of its kind. It will set the standards for future trade deals of its kind, so it was a matter of ensuring New Zealand had a hand in shaping the deal. A good example of this (tho not from NZ) was the way Aussie were able to roll back a lot of the investor state tribunal poo poo, at least wrt tobacco and like products.

Those are the main arguments I've heard, anyway.

Red_Museum
Apr 17, 2011

Shredded Hen
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11584959

quote:

2.45pm: A protester has thrown a dildo at Economic Minister Steven Joyce up at Waitangi.
The woman shouted "that's for taking away our sovereignty" as she threw a large fake pink penis hitting him on the chest.

fartmanteau
Mar 15, 2007

https://twitter.com/RadioLIVENZ/status/695426586724536320

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
So, which one of you do I owe a beer?

spanky the dolphin
Sep 3, 2006

Direct hit!

exmarx
Feb 18, 2012

only worse.
Louise Upston's face

Noxin of Shame
Jul 25, 2005

:allears: Our Dan :allears:
Right at the moment he gets hit in the face, he reminds me of Mr Humphries from Are You being Served.

The Schwa
Jul 1, 2008

Is anyone else going to be on the ground at Waitangi tomorrow? I'll be performing, but I'm really interested to see if any poo poo goes down.

NZYC are performing at eleven and the livestream is here

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

I do like videos that have a cock bouncing off two tits.

Kathleen
Feb 26, 2013

Grimey Drawer

a slap in the face of public taste :v:

Bobsedgws
Jun 12, 2009
College Slice

So turns out I'm friends on Facebook with the person who did this - the amount of back slapping on from this is incredible.

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

WarpedNaba posted:

I do like videos that have a cock bouncing off two tits.

:golfclap:

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

Bobsedgws posted:

So turns out I'm friends on Facebook with the person who did this - the amount of back slapping on from this is incredible.
tbf, she's a loving hero.

Jacobin
Feb 1, 2013

by exmarx

Bobsedgws posted:

Lol is her facebook wall fire rn

El Pollo Blanco
Jun 12, 2013

by sebmojo

Noxin of Shame posted:

Lol, the only good night life in Auckland is at house parties. And it's 2016.

On the arts and culture front, I highly recommend checking out the Blackbird Ensemble if you get the opportunity.

Didn't see this, I probably should since I am friends with half the people in it, but I don't think they leave Auck much?

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

http://m.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11585275

Ahahaha

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

https://mobile.twitter.com/stevenljoyce/status/695469349130207233

Say what you will about the policies and general attitudes but he does seem to be handling it rather well.

Perhaps he should focus on handling dildos and stop running the country.

• Locked thread