Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Ardeem posted:

If you don't see the job you want in the newspaper, you can either go to the place the job happens and sign up or use an in game computer (try the library) to do it.

I have no clue where the architect profession is in order to join that way. And trying to search on a smart phone or computer seems to just have the greyed out option "upload resume".

Lizard Wizard posted:

Hey so I googled this - put your garden in a fenced area and set the gate so it's only accessible to family members and you should be good.

Considering they spawned inside my garden fence I don't think that'll help things. I did download a mod that disables the "zombies spawn on a full moon" thing so I'm safe there. Hopefully.

Because I ragequit instead of waiting it out, would the zombies have despawned at sunrise or would they just plague my home forever?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Hitlers Gay Secret posted:

Because I ragequit instead of waiting it out, would the zombies have despawned at sunrise or would they just plague my home forever?

According to the wiki, any inactive Sim (who's not already a supernatural Sim) can become a zombie during a full moon and remains a zombie for 48 hours.

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Zeron posted:

Sounds about right for TS3 with all the expansions to me. Every time I miss something from the Sims 3 all I can think about it at least I haven't spent half my day in loading screens.

If only I could use the time machine to get back those hours.

Ardeem
Sep 16, 2010

There is no problem that cannot be solved through sufficient application of lasers and friendship.

I have no clue where the architect profession is in order to join that way. And trying to search on a smart phone or computer seems to just have the greyed out option "upload resume".

City Hall.

Simgaroop
Mar 10, 2010

IAmTheRad posted:

Not many mods are being made today for Sims 2. The AL director's cut will include all that you should use. You can also get clean 'basic' hoods and have the game generate the townies/dormies for you by using testing cheats. It's been too long since I've loaded up Sims 2 so I don't exactly know the cheats, but if you get a change in character templates and use testingcheats, you can force the game to make completely custom townies. Without it and without clean hoods, your town will be filled with what EA considered was 'good' for a Sim to look like.

In addition to what IAmTheRad said, you can download clean basic hoods here:

http://meetme2theriver.livejournal.com/63030.html

However, I should warn you that it's time consuming and you have to be careful because you have to modify the game files and may have to reinstall the game if something goes wrong. I wrote a tutorial back when I was a huge nerd about Sims, but it's so old that Apartment Life and Mansions and Gardens weren't out yet:

http://simgaroop.dreamwidth.org/36499.html

If you have the Ultimate Collection I am pretty sure the location of the game folders has changed slightly, but most of the instructions should still work.

Nowadays, I prefer to use default replacements to get rid of the horrible sandals with socks and ridiculous "rave" outfits that the default Maxis townies are so fond of.

For example, these are default Maxis townies from my game using clothing replacements:

Here is the biggest source of default replacements, including skintones, eyes, hair, makeup and clothing:

http://sims2defaults.dreamwidth.org/

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Warmachine posted:

If only I could use the time machine to get back those hours.

Or adapt to the reality of Sims 3 load times by getting a snack or reading the forums on your phone.

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.
Reminder that they put a hidden object minigame into the load screen for the Sims 3. And most of the time you could get through at least 2 full picture sets.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

Considering they spawned inside my garden fence I don't think that'll help things. I did download a mod that disables the "zombies spawn on a full moon" thing so I'm safe there. Hopefully.

You have to set the gate to "household only" before the zombies spawn. It will consider the enclosed area a "private space" and prevent NPC sims from entering.

Anyway, the zombies were total bullshit. It's a shame, because all the other supernatural modes in that pack were really fun to play around with. Into The Future was really good stuff, too, although some of the plumbot behaviors were kind of... off when interacting with other expansion content. I had one that refused to do anything except obsessively mix drinks for like several days after I threw a house party.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Goddammit this Cello is way out of tune!
Zombies were just stupid in Sims 3. I had a mod that made zombies ignore plants completely. They still showed up, but they were out for brains instead of grains.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Ugh. Trying to reinstall my whole Sims 3 package, and for some reason Supernatural refuses to be uninstalled. I've had this problem before, and I'm pretty sure it's due to my straight up deleting Sims 3 in the past - and now it's preventing me from installing Supernatural at all, lingering in Programs and Features. I've poked around in the Registry, but it literally doesn't seem to be there at all. Has anyone else run into this?

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80J_2oRbFBs

LGR's review is up.

Mr Luxury Yacht
Apr 16, 2012

It's funny, I booted up the Sims 3 after not playing it for ages.

At some point they added this:

If you have more than two expansions or DLC packs selected.

...guess that's one solution to their crappy optimization :v:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

"Our game is horribly optimized. Have fun."

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Mr Luxury Yacht posted:

They added that relatively recently, I think after S4 Get To Work was released.

EDIT: It was added back in November.

VivaLa Eeveelution
Apr 3, 2011

If I can't have my interior decorator black belt vampire live on a boat with a horse and a roller coaster while dressed as candy with a jetpack, it's not the best game experience. :colbert:

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Just in time for Valentine's Day, I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DmNcD-HHk

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
Hope March has a game pack. I am hankering for those.

Postal Parcel
Aug 2, 2013
So, 2 questions
Are there any hair mods you all can recommend? Conceptually, I like all the anime/fashion inspired hairstyles of groups/simmers like PralineSims or Peggy, but when it's actually in game, it looks like wispy trash that sticks out like a sore thumb. Any direction to some good hairs that fit within the style of the game would be much appreciated.

Question 2 is, where can I give my sim boobs like these? Because if Simantha ain't packin' triple Js, I want nothing to do with her

Please don't tell me

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

Postal Parcel posted:

Question 2 is, where can I give my sim boobs like these? Because if Simantha ain't packin' triple Js, I want nothing to do with her
You asked for it! I don't look at spoilers.

http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=536790

But seriously, MTS has a bunch of really good quality content. There are some bad things like having Triple Js. You can find good hair at MTS.

IAmTheRad fucked around with this message at 07:55 on Feb 3, 2016

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

are there lists of good mods? i don't want to sift through all the poo poo.

is the get to work style school mod good?

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

IAmTheRad posted:

Just in time for Valentine's Day, I guess?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P0DmNcD-HHk

So there's a wishing well that can revive your ghosts. And a few plants for your garden. I'm honestly not impressed.

gyrobot
Nov 16, 2011
For a garden pack its a pretty big boon aince it does fit the two premium content mixed with clothes, build items and whatever. Look at it from a Buuld Mode Player's pov.

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

LGR is going to cut off another part of Ralph with the stuff pack. And mention the chairs.

I don't know if he has done it for the Gameplay Packs, since he started it after Spa Day came out. He did cut off 3 stuff packs when Ralph first came out. Of course, he won't touch Ralph for Expansion packs. Those are something else entirely. I guess the next time a Gameplay pack comes out he'll let us know for sure. Unless Ralph is completely cut apart then, or he'll get another Ralph to cut pieces off.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Happy 16th birthday, The Sims!'

Also there's a Sims 4 update:

• Tragic Clown painting that makes your Sims sad.
  • Grilled Cheese Aspiration
  • Kleptomaniac trait
  • Hire a gardener
  • 16th Anniversary print Plumbobs decoration (who cares)
  • Twitter (who cares)
  • Improved modding support
  • Trick items: Boneyard, Buyer Beware, and Stoar the Bearded Trickster Door
  • Lots of bugfixes (like Sims reacting to all food as if its spicy and Sims staying the night actually bothering to sleep at night)

a7m2 fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Feb 4, 2016

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

a7m2 posted:

• Tragic Clown painting that makes your Sims sad.
  • Grilled Cheese Aspiration
  • Kleptomaniac trait
  • Hire a gardener

That's a lovely little collection of throwback features. The gardener I especially appreciate, because taking care of even a modest garden is like a full-time job in the Sims. All the :tinfoil: toddler-wanters are gonna start flipping lids now because EA is adding features from Sims 2 to the game .

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

I was so disappointed when kleptomaniac didn't make it to TS4, I'm real glad to see it return. I loved decorating my home with things my daughter swiped from her elementary school, and it felt wrong having a criminal Sim who couldn't steal (pick-pocketing aside)

mycot
Oct 23, 2014

"It's okay. There are other Terminators! Just give us this one!"
Hell Gem
Does this mean the return of the Klepto King challenge?

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Torrannor posted:

So there's a wishing well that can revive your ghosts. And a few plants for your garden. I'm honestly not impressed.

The Sims 4 Megathread - I'm honestly not impressed.

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

get together is really good. it makes Sim life more interesting and parties and going out actually fun

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The update tags all custom content now.

This makes me so happy :peanut:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

Lizard Wizard posted:

The Sims 4 Megathread - I'm honestly not impressed.

Don't get me wrong, I think the game is the best Sims we ever had, and I really love get together. It's just this content pack that really doesn't seem worth getting.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this
Haha this mod wasn't even 2 weeks old and now it's rendered pointless.

Citrus Sky
Sep 30, 2012
I think the garden content pack sounds like a lot of fun, but I love to build community lots. A botanical garden would be fun to build with all the new plants! If only they had build tools for a greenhouse, that would be perfect.

Omnicarus
Jan 16, 2006

New garden stuff pack is out today motherfuckers! Get your wishing wells on!

Croccers
Jun 15, 2012
According to LGR this pack has no chairs. :eng99:

SystemLogoff
Feb 19, 2011

End Session?

The wishing well is overpowered as hell if you're a cheater. 5k donation will max one random skill every sim day.

If you're cheating anyway I guess it does not matter, but it is really cool.

Chamale
Jul 11, 2010

I'm helping!

SystemLogoff posted:

The wishing well is overpowered as hell if you're a cheater. 5k donation will max one random skill every sim day.

If you're cheating anyway I guess it does not matter, but it is really cool.

Permanently? You pay 5K once, and every day another one of your skills becomes maxed out forever? That is super busted, you could just start a new game and buy a crappy house so you can afford to put 5K in the well.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Not to mention there are skills with which you can make back the 5k investment pretty much in a day. It should really be a luxury option that would strain the whole household, but obviously the trend in TS design for years now has been that money must not be an obstacle to gameplay features...

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

steinrokkan posted:

Not to mention there are skills with which you can make back the 5k investment pretty much in a day. It should really be a luxury option that would strain the whole household, but obviously the trend in TS design for years now has been that money must not be an obstacle to gameplay features...

Sure it is. Ya gotta buy the pack, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IAmTheRad
Dec 11, 2009

No chairs?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dzi141wOKfo

LGR reviews.