Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

A random one from the Jackelrod era. There was a good edit featuring this one but I can't find it. Someone here probably remembers what I'm talking about.

And one of my favorite MT edits that I could find.

F Minus

That clown looked familiar so I looked it up and found this:

http://www.spreadthefword.com/2009/08/tea-time-clown-tattoo.html

I think we've seen it since but that clown goes way back.

Mary Worth

Rex Morgan MD

You have to be loving kidding me.

Secret Agent X-9

"Um, sir? Those are panties."

Apartment 3-G

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I stopped keeping up with this thread a long time ago, but I heard the world lost a Jackel Rod today and I came in to offer my condolences. Today my sideburns fly at half-staff.

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Julet Esqu posted:

Luann

"You can claim her." It's 2016, Bernice, what the gently caress.

The Amazing Spider-Man

Bernice and Gunther are both awful.

Also, I like (for a certain definition of "like") how every Spider-Man strip for a while now has had Spider-Man thinking in the last panel how he's going to attack Namor after something that otherwise does not include or have anything to do with him at all. It's like they have to go "Spider-Man's still here! He's doing a thing! He's important!" even as the plot seems like it's going to resolve itself without him so his primary accomplishment is getting beat up long enough for the important people to arrive.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

First sensible idea this comic's ever had.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Those are some really weird proportions in panel three.

I do this. It just saves time, because if you respond "fine thanks" or something then the next question is always "is there anything I can help you with?"

Johnny Walker posted:

A random one from the Jackelrod era. There was a good edit featuring this one but I can't find it. Someone here probably remembers what I'm talking about.

Hey, that's one of mine. The top-left panel under the title card is entirely unaltered. :haw:

Also, Kelly Welly was always great. :allears:

Slammy
Mar 30, 2011

Great speech.
PPHPFT!!
Rarebit Fiend (click for huge)

"Swing it!"

Outbusts of Everett True

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Funny, I heard that myth differently.

Fritzi Ritz

Feiffer (click for big)

Plus ça change ...

Wee Pals

Life In Hell

"several years." It's been 25 since this comic was printed.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Menace no more :smith:

Roland Jones posted:

Bernice and Gunther are both awful.

Also, I like (for a certain definition of "like") how every Spider-Man strip for a while now has had Spider-Man thinking in the last panel how he's going to attack Namor after something that otherwise does not include or have anything to do with him at all. It's like they have to go "Spider-Man's still here! He's doing a thing! He's important!" even as the plot seems like it's going to resolve itself without him so his primary accomplishment is getting beat up long enough for the important people to arrive.

CommaToes
Dec 15, 2006

Ecce Buffo

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

You have to be loving kidding me.

Over the past year, the Morgan family has gotten so much free stuff I am sure they will be audited by the IRS.

And then the IRS will realize that they're a good family and give them a card so they don't have to pay any taxes for the rest of their lives.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Jackelrod is a ball of flaming signature floating in the heavens tonight. :smith:

Peanuts (February 6, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft explores the wonderful world of cheating to win!

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (August 23, 1929)

We didn't lose any of the story, but somehow we lost a day off the calendar.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
Not my edit.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Not to put any thought into Intelligent Life, but the way other characters react to the imaginary transformations indicates that in their universe, those changes are physical realities.

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.

Darthemed posted:

Calvin and Hobbes

^ Goddamn that's good.

King Aroo (January 11, 1951)

Barnaby (June 18, 1942)

Nancy (February 25, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 8, 1928)

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.
I still maintain that the 'Paul Gaugin' strip is seconded by 'Calvin impersonating his Dad' strip.

Thumper
Apr 18, 2007

Der Shovel posted:

Full body swimming suits have been a topic in Finland recently, because some people, notably muslim women, would like to wear them in swimming pools and public saunas, but some people are against it.

Are people usually nude in the public sauna in Finland? What's allowed? I can see the problem if everyone is nude and some people want to start wearing swimming suits, but if regular ones are allowed it doesn't seem like a bid deal.

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

You know what the real answer is.

In honour of Jackelrod, here's the only edit of mine that I could find.

Maybe it's not the most honourable thing. Good Send-off Comix?

Pooch Café

I don't think people appreciate escalators as much as they should. When you really think about it, they're amazing. And super complicated, too. You ever look inside one while they're doing maintenance work on it? Any one of those parts goes wrong and you're ground meat, kid. Ground meat.

Ballard Street

That's called a cellar, Ted. You already have one under the main part of the house.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Bottom right, in between Lars and Brandon Small. You didn't think we'd moved past that story arc, did you?

Oh, and while I was looking for that Mark Trail edit, I also found this, which I don't think I ever posted here:

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
I can't believe that Dustin strip is still giving us gold like this.
:golfclap:

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Thumper posted:

Are people usually nude in the public sauna in Finland? What's allowed? I can see the problem if everyone is nude and some people want to start wearing swimming suits, but if regular ones are allowed it doesn't seem like a bid deal.

In swimming pools you have to go to showers (and optionally sauna) naked to ensure hygiene. In public saunas you have to be naked as well, except maybe a hat if you don't want to scorch your scalp. Not sure why anyone would want to go to sauna not naked, anyway... ick.

Nenonen fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Feb 4, 2016

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Samovar posted:

I still maintain that the 'Paul Gaugin' strip is seconded by 'Calvin impersonating his Dad' strip.

Calvin's dad impersonation might be my favorite strip from the comic ever. I crack up every time I see it.

FunkyAl
Mar 28, 2010

Your vitals soar.
Hey how come Les hasn't tried to make a jump to the parallel crankshaft timeline where Lisa is still alive yet

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
I found this old Mark Trail edit of mine.

And as a bonus, here's Sassy!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I wonder if anyone has sent Batiuk hatemail pointing out that antimatter and matter actually attract one another yet.

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Jackelrod's funeral will be held far away, behind a very detailed pair of birds.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.

Shugojin posted:

I wonder if anyone has sent Batiuk hatemail pointing out that antimatter and matter actually attract one another yet.

And creating it in a common home oven? Impossible!

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Yeah I guess just the extra level of wrong is setting me over the edge.

Then again this is the universe with cancerghostwives so I should just let it go.

Zereth
Jul 9, 2003

Shugojin posted:

Aren't the properties of antimatter "Behaving exactly like matter, except it explodes if it contacts matter"?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Zereth posted:

Aren't the properties of antimatter "Behaving exactly like matter, except it explodes if it contacts matter"?

Not quite! I'm oversimplifying a bit (there are a number of interesting little particles who are their own antiparticle, such as photons) but the standard antimatter is the same mass but opposite charge. Examples of this less weird kind are the positron (an electron-mass particle with a positive charge) and the antiproton (a proton-mass particle with a negative charge). Since the charges are opposite this type of antiparticle is strongly attracted to its counterpart. Antimatter can form normal atoms. In fact, CERN has actually produced antihydrogen!

Of course, this doesn't apply to things without charge. Antineutrons exist and those are obviously still neutrally charged.

:science:

Shugojin fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 5, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

Holy poo poo! This is one of mine from years ago. I forgot I did it.

Edit: Or I was pretty sure it was mine. Someone else says they did it? Could have sworn it was me. Seems like my style. But I don't remember that well, so Tiggum if this is yours it's hilarious.

FactsAreUseless fucked around with this message at 02:53 on Feb 5, 2016

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Zereth posted:

Yes, but electrical charge is also the opposite, so it would, in fact, be attracted to matter.

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Lots of killing in this story...

Classic Dilbert

Kumaton
Mar 6, 2013

OWLBEARS, SON

I know it's a bit too late to complain about this, but Mymble with anime eyes is more than a bit disturbing.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Slammy posted:

Outbusts of Everett True

This kills the crab.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Dinette Set needs practice.

Working Daze is back to overtelling the joke.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix doesn't want you to tell anybody how it lives.

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt

mastersord
Feb 15, 2001

Gold Card Putty Fan Club
Member Since 2017!
Soiled Meat

Aardmania posted:

9 Chickweed Lane

Be sure to only ask for genuine BrookeMawTM at your comics dealer.

At least the teeth are attached to flesh instead of a space-less void of nether. It looks like one of those sketches of a cadaver in Grey's Anatomy.

mastersord fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Feb 5, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 5-6, 1928)

Pogo (February 6, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (March 15-17, 1954)

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
Missed a few days of comics because I've been busy with a new job, here's the only worthwhile one that I didn't post.

Six Chix

Zippy the Pinhead

Nancy

Arlo and Janis

Andertoons

Pluggers

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

I don't think that threatening a gay seal with a blowjob is very sportsmanlike, Mymble. Let alone legal.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Sluggo is an orphan child who can't afford proper winter clothing! Gilchrist is a master of humor.

Pluggers take care to spend time with their children.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Buni

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

• Locked thread