Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, ditching Whis made the fight a walk with Whale Team Omega. Burning Battle is absolutely necessary, even for a high offense team. I think as long as you have enough, you can probably clear it. Broly doesn't do that much damage if you hit the link.

My setup is new SSJ STR Goku lead, SSG and Kaioken Goku, AGL SSJ Kid Trunks, King Vegeta, and STR Saiyaman 2. Once I get the zeni, I'll trade in STR SSJ Goten. Items are Senzu, Yemma, Fruit, Usher.

The fight goes on long enough for Kaioken Goku to really shine. He ended my fight with a 90k damage non-special hit. So apparently if you get xyber huge you can break Rampage's defense boost?

I'm not even sure if I needed to use that Senzu in my second run. I did get lucky and get a friend SSG Goku, though. I'll try to remember to leave mine as my leader who I'm not playing.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 18:25 on Feb 4, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

The only Blazing Battle characters I have are STR Saiyaman 2 and TEQ Legendary Super Saiyan Goku. Pretty sure I don't stand a chance.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

The only Blazing Battle characters I have are STR Saiyaman 2 and TEQ Legendary Super Saiyan Goku. Pretty sure I don't stand a chance.

Yeah, I wouldn't waste your stamina. I'd say 4 Burning Battle characters is probably the right number, with your best AGL offense and whatever it takes to have them throwing supers.

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
0-2 so far.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Well, at least I got the PHY Broly, maybe I can Dokkan him next time. Not gonna bother trying to max his SA. Too much resource investment for my liking.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

With all these awakenings to get a good team to fight Broly, I've kinda ran out of zenni. I know the hercule challenge is the best place to get money, but are there any other good stages to get some?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

With all these awakenings to get a good team to fight Broly, I've kinda ran out of zenni. I know the hercule challenge is the best place to get money, but are there any other good stages to get some?

Dr. Gero's Ambition on Z-Hard is good, 100k or thereabouts a run. It's in Red Ribbon Machinations.

I'm 3/4 on PHY Broly and 2/2 on medals.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

the_steve posted:

Well, at least I got the PHY Broly, maybe I can Dokkan him next time. Not gonna bother trying to max his SA. Too much resource investment for my liking.

I'm 0-4 on PHY Broly what's his drop rate like?

Also some rear end in a top hat on my friend list has the real Broly so it's possible

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

visceril posted:

I'm 0-4 on PHY Broly what's his drop rate like?

Also some rear end in a top hat on my friend list has the real Broly so it's possible

I figured somebody in this thread is bound to get him, but nope, everyone has terrible pulls :(

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I'm surprised none of us got one, terrible pull rate or no. I'm gonna try to SA10 PHY Broly, probably get at least a handful of medals on the off chance I get a STR one later on.

They're going to need one of those BitCoin crash era suicide hotline threads on Reddit. Some of those folks make me look frugal, goddamn.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Feb 4, 2016

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Just got the SR agil orb changer but no broly in 3 multis. Did get 5 R Trunks total. Three in a row for one summon.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I made event Goten my lead so if anyone needs a friend with the link my code's 276559656

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Would you guys rather I leave up SSG or should I do STR SSJ Goku? Or maybe just Grandpa Gohan for PHY Broly?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Echophonic posted:

Would you guys rather I leave up SSG or should I do STR SSJ Goku? Or maybe just Grandpa Gohan for PHY Broly?

I'd really like the SSJ Goku, but I don't know how many here are actually trying to get 13 medals like me.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Wuxi posted:

I'd really like the SSJ Goku, but I don't know how many here are actually trying to get 13 medals like me.

Ok, he's useful for both, so I'll leave him up.

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Just had something weird happen when fighting 40 stamina Broly. I was using my SR SAtk 6 From Hell and Back Trunks as a Blazing Battle link.

I got him charged for a super attack, no link(but SA should work link or not). When he attacked, only 10 damage.

I had him attack regular two rounds later but linked this time, did 3000+ damage.

Is there any reason a special attack would not work, but a regular attack does?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I think his defense is weird if you aren't suppressing Rampage. I had a Kaioken Goku do full damage with an 11-ki, 90k hit after a few boosts from his super. Maybe you didn't do enough to break his defense and it hosed up?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Squallege posted:

I made event Goten my lead so if anyone needs a friend with the link my code's 276559656

Add it to the spreadsheet on page 1.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So to dokkan the PHY Broly, I still need to beat 40 STA Broly enough times to get 3 medals? Are these medal a guaranteed drop?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

ChronoReverse posted:

So to dokkan the PHY Broly, I still need to beat 40 STA Broly enough times to get 3 medals? Are these medal a guaranteed drop?

Not guaranteed per the banner but the drop rate seems v. high per the posts here

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
0-6 now on that phy Broly

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
1-7 for me so far.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

This event seems bad if you're not a whale

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

Finally ground out enough Bulmas to Dokkan one of my Videls. STR is the better one, right? Do they both have the anti-Broly link?

visceril
Feb 24, 2008

cptn_dr posted:

Finally ground out enough Bulmas to Dokkan one of my Videls. STR is the better one, right? Do they both have the anti-Broly link?

They both have it, STR is agreed to be the better one but it's not that great relative to a bunch of other STRs so if you have a hole on your team TEQ is fine

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

cptn_dr posted:

Yeah, the STR one is a really good leader. Arguably better than Bardock on non-SSJ teams, especially now with Burning Battle. The TEQ one has a use for AGL Strikes, though. And yes, they both have Burning Battle.

And yeah, this event is kind of a rich get richer sort of thing. I'm up to 4 PHY Broly after 10 or so runs. Still need one more medal for him, too.

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Yeah I think I'm gonna give up on beating STR Broly. One super attack killed me in one hit even with UR AGL SSGSS Vegeta blocking, and even though I've got four Z-awakened characters with Blazing Battle, none of them are AGL so they barely do any damage. Plus it seemed like only the BB linked characters did any damage, since even when I had two of them linked and an AGL SS Goku the Goku did no damage.

Aurora posted:

This event seems bad if you're not a whale

Yeah, pretty disappointed by this event. At least I got a PHY Broly.

cptn_dr
Sep 7, 2011

Seven for beauty that blossoms and dies

I have more STR URs than TEQ, so I guess I should go for TEQ. Cheers

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Well I only had enough stones for one multi-pull let's see what I-

Well poo poo now I HAVE to grind out the awakening medals for him...is he that good?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Well I only had enough stones for one multi-pull let's see what I-

Well poo poo now I HAVE to grind out the awakening medals for him...is he that good?

Basically the top 5000 in the world tournament all have Broly because he can save you time by blowing away entire teams at once if you use a ki team.

You got the Goten that will help you with the grinding too.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

I did another single summon and got the SSR SSJ Vegeta that has the anti-broly link. At this rate I'll get all the SSRs related to broly EXCEPT for Broly.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I don't know why they gave Rare cards the link skill because you just cannot do it with them in your team.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
Well, that's $400.00 down the drain. I got 3 of the new Kid Trunks, and I at least got a SSG Goku AGL and a Kid Buu, and like 8 Paragus. And a whole bunch of other crap.

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Wowzers. Bandai would be getting my money if I were convinced that spending $500 would guarantee me specific cards. Can't work up the motivation to pay otherwise.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
1-8 I finally got broly to drop--and two of him dropped at once for me!

Now for the main event:
I've got TEQ SSJ Vegeta, TEQ SSJ Goku, TEQ Saiyaman, King Vegeta, & Mighty Mask.

As far as AGL heavy-hitters go, I've got Kaioken Goku, SSJ2 Gohan, Golden Frieza, Frieza, and Dabura.

What's the best team here? Gohan, KK Goku, SSJ Goku, Vegeta, Saiyaman, Frieza? And partner with one of the event super saiyans?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, that could work. Kaioken Goku is a monster against Broly. Try to keep Gohan and Kaioken Goku together.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 02:51 on Feb 5, 2016

Tribladeofchaos
Jul 2, 2008

IT'S SHOWTIME!

Holy poo poo fighting Broly on Z Hard is a nightmare! I even have most of the cards to nulify his rampage skill and even then I have to use a stone or two to win. I guess I need the other SSRs to stand a chance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I'm going in with beans, dende, fruit, and bulma