Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Revenant
Feb 2, 2016

by Lowtax
cuck im gay

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

symbolic posted:

grandma trying to be hip

she lost her real one, so she cant :( :( :(

Yermaw Zahoor
Feb 24, 2009

symbolic posted:

the oldest Gen Xers are barely 51 right now

i see your point but i felt the need to correct you

I'm 52, but if I have to lie to keep out of the baby boomer club, then I will

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
Despite nominally being a milennial, I had my first proper encounter with one the other week. Was in a crowded underpass just after getting off the train and this dumb motherfucker vapes as hard as he can and blows a massive cloud of vaguely fruity steam that I had to walk through.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i always thought gen X was people who were like roughly 18-30 in the 90s?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Artum posted:

Despite nominally being a milennial, I had my first proper encounter with one the other week. Was in a crowded underpass just after getting off the train and this dumb motherfucker vapes as hard as he can and blows a massive cloud of vaguely fruity steam that I had to walk through.

that shits expens you should be happy he shared

Acres of Quakers
May 6, 2006

thathonkey posted:

i always thought gen X was people who were like roughly 18-30 in the 90s?

Gen Xers:
Were born after the vietnam war ended.
Were told about the Challenger explosion by their teachers.
Were scared to death by "The Day After" on TV.
Talked about the Berlin wall falling in Social Studies.
Wore parachute pants so you Couldn't touch this.
Drove our parent's cars with the headlights on to "Support are Troops".
Rocked the vote.
Wore Grunge while Jeremy spoke.
Were the last group of college graduates where everyone got a job right away.
Let millennials give us our Dadtoos, but hate to hire them for anything else.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Gen Xers:
Wore parachute pants so you Couldn't touch this.

Parachute pants were early 80's and tight, and full of zippers.

Hammer pants were 90's and super loose.

gently caress the guy who wrote this.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
Whatever generation you are in, it had a lot of stupid and/or foolish people in it. They should all be laughed at! That doesn't mean you shouldn't keep laughing at the latest crop though.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

Hello, I'm a douche, how may I be of service?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Dirty Sanchez posted:

Gen Xers:
Watched the Challenger explosion live on TV, quietly returned to their desks and waited at least one week before the horrible NASA and Sally Ride jokes started on the playground.

Also, I've seen "after Vietnam War mentioned" and that would put me as being in the oldest group of gen Xers and that can't be right because that would make the generation only 7-10 years long if the millenials start in the early to mid 80s and 'Nam ended in '75.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
A song for millenials: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8esYwLKnIaY

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS

The only people I run into who use lanyards use them to carry their shiv

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

I don't get why people are mad about vaping seems a lot more healthier than smoking.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Dirk Squarejaw posted:

Also, I've seen "after Vietnam War mentioned" and that would put me as being in the oldest group of gen Xers and that can't be right because that would make the generation only 7-10 years long if the millenials start in the early to mid 80s and 'Nam ended in '75.

If Gen X succeeded baby boomers they were born between '60 and '80 roughly.

And I thought millennials were born in like 1997.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

I don't get why people are mad about vaping seems a lot more healthier than smoking.
A bunch of idiots who never smoked vape. It's a stupid fad.

If you used to smoke and vape now that's alright I guess.

BigFactory posted:

The realization that it's mostly Millenials posting in the Millenial thread. And many of the posts are about Gen Z. I was born in '87 and I can't think of anyone from my group of peers who meets most of the Millenial criteria.

Khorne fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 4, 2016

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Mr.Pibbleton posted:

It's a bunch of nerds who think they are the living avatar for the Marlboro Man because they vape cherry flavored nicotine

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Khorne posted:

A bunch of idiots who never smoked vape. It's a stupid fad.

I smoked a few cigarettes and loved the nicotine but hated the sensation of smoke in my lungs, so I've been tempted to vape because nicotine is pretty great. At this point it's also way cheaper than smoking.

e: Also Millennials are supposed to start at 82, but they're also supposed to have "grown up" with the internet and I didn't grow up with the internet. I didn't have internet access until I was in high school. The internet didn't see wide adoption until the mid-90's and most people born in the 80's would've been 12-18 when the internet really blew up. They'd remember a time before the internet.

King Vidiot fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Feb 4, 2016

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I quit smoking after 20 years, cold turkey, and dealt with all of the misery and ache that it entails.

If I try to feel proud of myself and tell anyone about it I get met with "JUST VAPE MAN! ITS BETTER FOR YOU" *poooofffffffycloudofsteam*

Keep inhaling those chemicals from china, you jackasses, I hope you all get vocal cord parasites.

Syfe
Jun 12, 2006

King Vidiot posted:

I smoked a few cigarettes and loved the nicotine but hated the sensation of smoke in my lungs, so I've been tempted to vape because nicotine is pretty great. At this point it's also way cheaper than smoking.

e: Also Millennials are supposed to start at 82, but they're also supposed to have "grown up" with the internet and I didn't grow up with the internet. I didn't have internet access until I was in high school. The internet didn't see wide adoption until the mid-90's and most people born in the 80's would've been 12-18 when the internet really blew up. They'd remember a time before the internet.

That's really my problem with the conception of Millennials including people born in the 80s, My real first forays onto the internet were when I was 14, before that I did have BBS but that's a different beast and I was still like 9 or 10 when that happened. I have very clear memories of the world before the internet and even then when the internet was first really hitting it didn't affect the real world very far. Whereas my concept of a Millennial is somebody who can't live without their phone/internet, I didn't care to own a cellphone till I was 20.

Also, don't vape, they explode:

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Syfe posted:

Also, don't vape, they explode:

That's the danger of vaping that's supplanted lung cancer. Oh, you have a few tumors? I MIGHT BLOW MY FACE OFF.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Did gen Y just completely disappear as a concept? Gen x is post baby boom latchkey kids, gen Y is all the retards born in the 80s and early 90s, millennials are the morons in college right now.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

BigFactory posted:

Did gen Y just completely disappear as a concept? Gen x is post baby boom latchkey kids, gen Y is all the retards born in the 80s and early 90s, millennials are the morons in college right now.

Gen Y didn't really catch on enough and was too derivative so despite "Millenial" sounding like kids who should have been born around the turn of the millenium it's basically used for just about anyone born after Gen X, even though the first decade of that doesn't really fit the characteristics we ascribe to Millenials. It's almost like none of this is an exact science and just boils down to old people complaining about young people.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense

Ape Fist posted:

Good to see older Gen X'ers move into the position now that their Boomer parents had when they were young, i.e. chastizing and whining about the youngest members of the generation immediately following them. Only 10 more years until you start waving your canes and whinging about how Daria was REAL tv.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2n34eeXWjUQ&t=91s

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RviKLRpQJ9c

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

plain blue jacket posted:

The only people I run into who use lanyards use them to carry their shiv
i use mine for my school ID and room/house keys, so checkmate

BigFactory posted:

If Gen X succeeded baby boomers they were born between '60 and '80 roughly.

'97 here, I'd rather not be associated with anyone born post-1985, but i am still a Gen Zer apparently so :shrug:

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

teenager doesn't want to be associated with other teenagers, breaking news

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Frog Act posted:

teenager doesn't want to be associated with other teenagers, breaking news
i don't need your sass

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

teenagers should be doing their homework, not posting

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Frog Act posted:

teenagers should be doing their homework, not posting
i'm analyzing Emily Dickinson right now

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

King Vidiot posted:

That's the danger of vaping that's supplanted lung cancer. Oh, you have a few tumors? I MIGHT BLOW MY FACE OFF.

Still a net improvement and looking into the eyes of that face- I can't help but suspect there were extenuating circumstances.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I smoked for like 12 years and vaping was really nice for getting off of cigarettes but vaping culture is the most embarrassing thing.

I rarely use mine in public but when I do my friends usually make fun of me cause no one thinks they are cool. Rightfully so.

Of course I fully expect them to end up being worse than cigs because that's how the world works and they already give you popcorn lung.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

Lord of Pie posted:

They're bad

What the gently caress is Sensei Kreese doing at that table with those kids?

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

symbolic posted:

the oldest Gen Xers are barely 51 right now

i see your point but i felt the need to correct you

I was born in '66, turning 50 in July :corsair:

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Count Freebasie posted:

What the gently caress is Sensei Kreese doing at that table with those kids?

Im the guy in the middle who is not smiling and wants to kill everyone.

Tanned brunette on the far left is super hot though, she will be spared.

Many legs will be swept.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Also lol if you vape anything other than weed.

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Correct

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

Yup.

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

semi not really related to vape chat but I wanted to post this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcemfQUtqO4
old guy smoking a pipe to the james bond theme. His whole channel is nothing but pipe smoking videos. Dude's cool.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Lord of Pie posted:

They're bad

One guy was just here trying to get a slice.

• Locked thread