Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

Le Saboteur posted:

Oh god could punk be any more of an rear end in a top hat.

He's always been an insufferable rear end in a top hat. I blame his Straight Edge lifestyle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Punk is working all you marks into shoot.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
he's afraid to drink a beer because his dad yelled at him

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

Punk worked himself into a shoot.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

electric funeral posted:

Absolutely no way that he fights eight times.

the eight fight contract is a standard thing among ufc fighters so they don't gently caress off to bellator or some poo poo after a couple of fights

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

lol what a loving baby

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

you remind me of my trolls, on twitter

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
CM Punk is a cool misanthrope, like a GBS poster might be.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu: sometimes passing just isn't an option.
I hope Vince shows up to his fight and calls for the ref to stop the fight the minute Punk is in any trouble.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
Poor AJ Lee having to put up with his whining all the time. Must be miserable.

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Punk is the Axl Rose of wrestling. He'll fall on his face, gain 50 lbs., then go crawling back to WWE in a few years

His first fight is Chinese Democracy

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
I hope CM Punk wins his first fight to shut up wrestling fans who are still angry he left them, then loses every other fight.

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Keg posted:

I hope CM Punk wins his first fight to shut up wrestling fans who are still angry he left them, then loses every other fight.

lol are wrestling fans actually mad that he left

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

1st AD posted:

Really dumb ones who think he owes them something.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

1st AD posted:

hes a quieter

Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg

1st AD posted:

Wrestling fans are dumb and bad

For the record I am a wrestling fan

Keg
Sep 22, 2014

1st AD posted:

There absolutely are wrestling fans who want him to get beaten up so that he has to go back to pro wrestling, and there are many posters in this thread who want that exact thing.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

yay people are talking about cm punk again

BUBBA GAY DUDLEY posted:

best in the world

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

There is always a "Wrestler owes his fans" contingent in wrestling. Most of the ones who aren't insufferable teenagers are his coworkers.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

GOAT

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames
I love Punk simply because he told WWE to gently caress off at the height of his popularity, but he strikes me as the kind of guy that likes being grumpy.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
That article is dumb as hell. "CM Punk thinks we are going to write a hit piece on him or something!" *writes about how mean CM Punk was*

Skinty McEdger
Mar 9, 2008

I have NEVER received the respect I deserve as the leader and founder of The Masterflock, the internet's largest and oldest Christopher Masterpiece fan group in all of history, and I DEMAND that changes. From now on, you will respect Skinty McEdger!

There's video up of the event on youtube that shows Punk was in a lovely mood all day. This might be related to every shot seemingly being him being out performed by Jessica Eye at everything they were doing.

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

cm punk compared himself to the punisher

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

Skinty McEdger posted:

There's video up of the event on youtube that shows Punk was in a lovely mood all day. This might be related to every shot seemingly being him being out performed by Jessica Eye at everything they were doing.

Lmao

fart blood
Sep 13, 2008

by VideoGames

Keg posted:

That article is dumb as hell. "CM Punk thinks we are going to write a hit piece on him or something!" *writes about how mean CM Punk was*

I wouldn't call that a "hit piece" as much as "reporting what happened."

1st AD
Dec 3, 2004

fart blood posted:

I wouldn't call that a "hit piece" as much as "reporting what happened."

Punk screwed Punk

Wazzu
Feb 28, 2008

Are you sure I'm winning the Rumble? That does'nt seem right.....

1st AD posted:

Well, he was a very entertaining professional wrestler, so yes, I miss seeing him perform.

I hope he does get to fight in the Octagon soon, though. Because I wish him happiness, and he seems drat happy to be an MMA fighter (most of the time).

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

oatgan posted:

cm punk compared himself to the punisher
Hey at least he's not a cop or soldier where its kind of terrifying

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Super Ninja Fish posted:

Poor AJ Lee having to put up with his whining all the time. Must be miserable.

why do you think he's had so many girlfriends?

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
The funniest outcome would be Dana finding the saddest string of cans in MMA history so Punk can go 20-0. Have him fight a guy with no arms or something. Maybe a couple legally blind opponents. In 10 years they can have him fight a 61 year old Ken Shamrock.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Wah wah why isn't the famous guy nice like all the other famous guys

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

DannoMack posted:

Wah wah why isn't the famous guy nice like all the other famous guys

I didn't know you were a goon, JBL.

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.

coconono posted:

why do you think he's had so many girlfriends?

Hmm.. Can't be his personality or his looks. Maybe he smells nice.

LobsterMobster
Oct 29, 2009

"I was being quiet and trying to be a good boy but he dialed the right combination to open the throw-down vault and it was on."

"Walter Foxx is ten times brighter than your bulb at the bottom of the tree merry xmas"

BGrifter posted:

The funniest outcome would be Dana finding the saddest string of cans in MMA history so Punk can go 20-0. Have him fight a guy with no arms or something. Maybe a couple legally blind opponents. In 10 years they can have him fight a 61 year old Ken Shamrock.

Kyle Maynard would still beat Punk

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
to be honest a lot of those questions the reporter was asking were either dumb, questions punk has probably been asked ten times before, or both. the writer should be grateful punk gave him something to write about that wasn't just "fake fightman in real fight bwaaa???"

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

BGrifter posted:

Punk vs. Dan Quinn would put asses in seats and depending on who dies in the ring may even get the Stevia miracle famous. Speak on it, Dana White.

a retard
Jan 7, 2013

by Lowtax

RZApublican posted:

Punk vs. Dan Quinn would put asses in seats and depending on who dies in the ring may even get the Stevia miracle famous. Speak on it, Dana White.

Isn't Quinn still in prison? Besides I'd think he's too lazy to fight at middleweight (Punk's division). Most of Quinn's fights were against Z-League heavyweights anyway, though, which would make Punk a perfect match for him.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Check it homeboy. Dan Quinn would beat CM Punk fairly fuckin easily and then he'd play the violin on his lady.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

a retard posted:

Isn't Quinn still in prison? Besides I'd think he's too lazy to fight at middleweight (Punk's division). Most of Quinn's fights were against Z-League heavyweights anyway, though, which would make Punk a perfect match for him.

Nah, Dan's been out of prison for a year and is now mostly doing lazy YouTube call out videos. He was supposed to have a match last October but ducked it at the last minute.

• Locked thread