Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Safety Dance
Sep 10, 2007

Five degrees to starboard!

freelop posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMDLaQD8yAU

Colin Furze continues to be a British national treasure

I wish he'd hooked it up such that the pulse jet was articulated with the steering (not sure if it should turn with or against the front wheel).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

mariooncrack posted:

Edit: I forgot to quote broken knuckles.

That's priceless.

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

For once I feel like the Internet taught me something useful today. That was awesome.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

My grandma finally got moved outta the ER and into a dope rear end baller suite. One of the ones I helped build years ago as an apprentice. Nice to see some of my handy work in action.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Excellent, saw this posted on Facebook earlier then forgot about it.

Doesn't someone here live in the Tampa, St. Pete area? Leica maybe? Might be doing a weekend trip with Dad to visit his parents in a couple weekends. There's the possibility we'll be bringing one of the fun cars down :getin:

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Si-9gNnF7k

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Tusen Takk posted:

Video with Subtitles

Haha.. I was wondering when it started why it needed subtitles. That was hilarious.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Everyone in Australia who listens to that will be thinking "Holy poo poo people actually speak like that outside of Fat Pizza???????"

um excuse me
Jan 1, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Knife chat:

I've got a Benchmade mini barrage. It's such a nice knife and I'm terrified of trying to sharpen it and screwing up. Luckily Benchmade has the Lifesharp program where you mail them 5 bucks and they'll sharpen it for you.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.
ok, that was pretty drat good.

7:24: Seeing the oceans as black and land as grey is so mind-trippy. I kind of recognized it, but had to go back and pause to be sure. :argh:

ilkhan fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Feb 5, 2016

Goober Peas
Jun 30, 2007

Check out my 'Vette, bro

Hey freelop

Went to McD's today, and they're using your avatar in their latest advertising. Except insert oranges for eyeballs. Trust me, it's even creepier.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Today hasn't been a good day. But I took this picture last weekend and looking at it makes me feel better.

meatpimp
May 15, 2004

Psst -- Wanna buy

:) EVERYWHERE :)
some high-quality thread's DESTROYED!

:kheldragar:

Not many people had Dave Mirra in their deadpool.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011

literally a fish posted:

Big Clive is awesome. He also has one of the oldest nerd-rear end websites on the internet, http://bigclive.com/ - he's definitely quite crazy, but he knows his poo poo, for the most part.

If you like his stuff you'll like Mike, too - http://electricstuff.co.uk/ / https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=user?mikeselectricstuff?videos

I'm definitely a fan. He's got some great content. I've been home sick half the week and have been watching far too much youtube. This just popped up. It's amazing. I laughed for a good bit (which was rather painful due to a sore throat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDgOGC5Lcc

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

meatpimp posted:

:smithicide:

literally though

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

meatpimp posted:

Yeah, was really not expecting that one. Dude was one of my idols as a kid, even had a couple of his signature Haros. :(

blk
Dec 19, 2009
After 10 days of negotiations over my job and realizing that my boss wants a 60 hour employee for the pay of a 32, I quit. The job was a dead end for my career anyways and offered me nothing better than a mediocre nonprofit paycheck - no way to grow, learn, etc.

It feels ~!!~*~GREAT~*~!!~

Nothing else lined up but I have some rainy day savings, so I'm not worried. Probably for the best that I didn't buy the Lotus.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Man I love Impractical Jokers. Laughing my rear end off right now.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

meatpimp posted:

God dammit. I wonder if CTE was part of it, lord knows he's had a ton of concussions over his career.

But leaving behind two kids willfully.....I can't fathom that.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...
Hey SAC, I know you catch a lot of poo poo here and you've earned your share of eye rolls from me, but I hope your grandma feels better soon. Mine took a header a few years back on Christmas eve and it was pretty scary for a while. She's still doing PT, but she's doing better.

Just let her know that you're there and you care.

loving bummer about Mirra, too. He's definitely on the X-Games Mount Rushmore.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Thanks bro. I think she is gonna be okay. Gonna visit her tomorrow too since I'm not working or anything. Tough lady for a 4'8 86 year old.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

God dammit. I wonder if CTE was part of it, lord knows he's had a ton of concussions over his career.

I was thinking the same thing. I also wonder about guys like Hoffman and Hawk, really all that generation of guys. Helmets were never worn outside of competition.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

leica posted:

That was my thought as well. He's taken a LOT of hard hits on ramps. What a bummer. I rode a Haro when I was a kid because of Dave Mirra.

Ether Frenzy
Dec 22, 2006

Nap Ghost
I rode a Haro before Dave Mirra did because they were loving sweet and rad but he definitely was a pioneer.

Ether Frenzy fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Feb 5, 2016

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

blk posted:

After 10 days of negotiations over my job and realizing that my boss wants a 60 hour employee for the pay of a 32, I quit. The job was a dead end for my career anyways and offered me nothing better than a mediocre nonprofit paycheck - no way to grow, learn, etc.

Nothing else lined up but I have some rainy day savings, so I'm not worried. Probably for the best that I didn't buy the Lotus.

props dude. No extra words, drunk atm but props for quitting.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

um excuse me posted:

Knife chat:

I've got a Benchmade mini barrage. It's such a nice knife and I'm terrified of trying to sharpen it and screwing up. Luckily Benchmade has the Lifesharp program where you mail them 5 bucks and they'll sharpen it for you.

The thing with Benchmades (don't get me wrong, I'm a fan) is that everything is sharpened freehand on a belt sander. I had one of my knives Lifesharped in person (it's free if you bring it to their Oregon City HQ), and watched them sharpen it. Takes off a lot of material, and the bevels never match. I had mine reprofiled by a friend who has a Wicked Edge; he was able to put it to exactly 40 degrees on both sides, so I can now maintain it on my Sharpmaker.

Lifesharp is alright, but don't have it done too many times. Maintaining it with a stone or ceramic is going to give you a lot more life out of the knife.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

iwentdoodie posted:

I was thinking the same thing. I also wonder about guys like Hoffman and Hawk, really all that generation of guys. Helmets were never worn outside of competition.

Helmets don't matter, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfkPBiLjjY

There's gotta be a ton of retired pro skaters and bmx riders walking around with CTE.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

Helmets don't matter, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fVfkPBiLjjY

There's gotta be a ton of retired pro skaters and bmx riders walking around with CTE.

True, but still. Just...gently caress.

Also makes me worry because I've had 8 actually diagnosed concussions in my life, and probably a few more that weren't.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I've been lucky skating bowls like that for years that I never hit my head really bad, mostly ankle, knee and hip injuries.....Although that poo poo will probably catch up with me later :(

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

leica posted:

I've been lucky skating bowls like that for years that I never hit my head really bad, mostly ankle, knee and hip injuries.....Although that poo poo will probably catch up with me later :(

The worst concussion I had as a teenager wasn't even a head hit. I hosed up on a trail and nailed a tree with my torso doing 25-30mph. Busted ribs, collarbone, dislocated shoulder and one motherfuck of a concussion just from the force my neck/head took.

The brain is dumb.

Edit: also got one on deployment from standing up too fast in a confined area on a ship, and hitting a valve hand wheel :v:

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
A big reason I hung up my snowboard was because local hills around here are all parks and my boss would not accept a work excuse that included me wanting to hit a really gnarley kink rail while most certainly drunk. :( growing up sucks but good god did I get away with some close calls back when helmets were unheard of on the hill and only worn by uber noob nerds and ski team bros.

I played the poo poo out of Dave Mirras video game. Was way better than TH Pro Skater IMO. Sucks to get a blast from the past in a bad way.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 04:46 on Feb 5, 2016

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

NitroSpazzz posted:

Excellent, saw this posted on Facebook earlier then forgot about it.

Doesn't someone here live in the Tampa, St. Pete area? Leica maybe? Might be doing a weekend trip with Dad to visit his parents in a couple weekends. There's the possibility we'll be bringing one of the fun cars down :getin:

I live about an hour north of there. There isn't poo poo for actual good driving roads in the area, but plenty of awesome ones for just going for a cruise on. Oh, and there is some place called sebring 3-4 hours away, but I dunno nuffin bout all that.

stone soup
Jul 8, 2004

blk posted:

I quit
Nothing else lined up but I have some rainy day savings, so I'm not worried.

3 months ago I did something vaguely similar, except I drew a penis with the caption "i quit, dick" on the company owner's outside office window using a whiteboard marker while my boss, Richard, and the owner were having a meeting about me.

Anyways, now I'm in over my head being trained on a bunch of Cisco stuff. I was working logistics before, but I happened to get my A+ cert while it was still a life-time dealio and now it's come in handy. Regardless of the learning curve, it still feels like an improvement.

Cheers on getting out of a dead-end gig!

stone soup fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 5, 2016

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

blk posted:

Congrats!

Biodome
Nov 21, 2006

Gerry

Preoptopus posted:

I played the poo poo out of Dave Mirras video game. Was way better than TH Pro Skater IMO. Sucks to get a blast from the past in a bad way.

Agreed, I played the poo poo out of that game. It had awesome music from Gang Starr and I liked the ability to bail and make your rider rag doll and grab onto passing objects.

The Royal Nonesuch
Nov 1, 2005

Biodome posted:

Agreed, I played the poo poo out of that game. It had awesome music from Gang Starr and I liked the ability to bail and make your rider rag doll and grab onto passing objects.

If you dig the whole bail-to-ragdoll thing check out the xbox Skate series (if you haven't already) - I think they introduced controlled bailing in either 2 or 3. I never skateboarded but those were fun-rear end games, and allowed me to discuss advanced skate tricks with friends as if I knew what I was talking about :v:

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Thanks, I'm pretty stoked.

I'm not officially quit until the end of March - I'm doing some consulting work in the same town as my office until that time, and it seems stupid to travel for one income when I can do the same for two. This will also give me some time to package things up for the next guy - I have an old buddy in mind for the job who's down on his luck and needs a break into IT work, so I'm going to try and package this up for him. Having been denied a lot of shots in life, I value giving them to people in need.

blk fucked around with this message at 06:41 on Feb 5, 2016

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

meatpimp posted:

What a bummer. I met the dude at the Olympus Rally when he first started racing and he was a super nice dude.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Ugh. First day working in almost a week. I was actually feeling downright human when I woke up.

... my last route of the night from Amazon had 7 stops. Two of them were large grocery orders, plus there was a nasty accident on 635 that added an easy 20 minutes to the trip. Which resulted in the last 2 orders being fairly late (scheduled for delivery between 8-10p, dropped off closer to 10:15), and getting chewed out by one customer. Of course I feel like death now, I want to curl up for at least a week and not move. My arms feel like wet noodles from the two large orders, both were to apartments (so I couldn't park anywhere close to where I was going) - I really need to get a folding cart of some kind.

SAC, glad your grandma got a nice room, hope she gets back home soon though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

some texas redneck posted:

Ugh. First day working in almost a week. I was actually feeling downright human when I woke up.

... my last route of the night from Amazon had 7 stops. Two of them were large grocery orders, plus there was a nasty accident on 635 that added an easy 20 minutes to the trip. Which resulted in the last 2 orders being fairly late (scheduled for delivery between 8-10p, dropped off closer to 10:15), and getting chewed out by one customer. Of course I feel like death now, I want to curl up for at least a week and not move. My arms feel like wet noodles from the two large orders, both were to apartments (so I couldn't park anywhere close to where I was going) - I really need to get a folding cart of some kind.

SAC, glad your grandma got a nice room, hope she gets back home soon though.

The Magna Cart folding hand truck that Costco sells is pretty bitchin'.

• Locked thread