Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

The Taint Reaper posted:

Buy any YS game, buy both Trails in the Sky games, buy Trails of Cold Steel

The regular Legend of Heroes games range from average to good. But none are as good as Trails in the Sky or Cold Steel.
We're getting taint reaped with standard Vita thread advice, I don't know what to believe anymore :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

The psp Legend of Heroes games that Namco localized aren't good at all, there's the reap

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Oh motherfucker my PSTV wants me to reformat my memory card all of a sudden. Goodbye saves.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Cake Attack posted:

The psp Legend of Heroes games that Namco localized aren't good at all, there's the reap

Eh. They're not terrible. They're just firmly Very Very Average. They're about as average as you'd expect from something named as generically as The Legend Of Heroes.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Emong posted:

Oh motherfucker my PSTV wants me to reformat my memory card all of a sudden. Goodbye saves.
Did you try to log out of PSN or something? It hates that

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

ImpAtom posted:

Eh. They're not terrible. They're just firmly Very Very Average. They're about as average as you'd expect from something named as generically as The Legend Of Heroes.
yeah, it's obviously inferior to

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it's not just a legend of heroes... it's a legend about people who are legendary.

Emong
May 31, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Did you try to log out of PSN or something? It hates that

Nope. I switched it off last night, and booted it up today and it's complaining that it needs to be formatted.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Endorph posted:

it's not just a legend of heroes... it's a legend about people who are legendary.

not a heroic legend of legendary heroes? pass

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon
Legacy of Legend of Legacy of Legendary Legends (Who are Heroes)

JackDarko
Sep 30, 2009

"Amala, I've got a chainsaw on my arm. I'll be fine."
Man, Digimon borrowing from summer wars which borrowed from Digimon is fascinating. This concept only gets better and better as the Internet becomes more and more integral in our lives. Our digivices are our iPhones we just don't have rad monsters that gently caress poo poo up in them.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Cake Attack posted:

The translations such as they were are really bad and sucked all the charm out which was about the only thing the trilogy had going for it.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Endorph posted:

Well poo poo, time to dumpster all my copies of TitS, it isn't legendary enough.

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

Endorph posted:

yeah, it's obviously inferior to

I still can't believe they kept that name for the English release.

It's just so... embarrassing.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Emong posted:

Nope. I switched it off last night, and booted it up today and it's complaining that it needs to be formatted.

This EXACT thing happened to me and my 8GB. I wonder if something's up with the PSTV.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Tesseraction posted:

I still can't believe they kept that name for the English release.

It's just so... embarrassing.
Yeah, but they also kept everything else, so... what's worse, really?

Emong
May 31, 2011

Takoluka posted:

This EXACT thing happened to me and my 8GB. I wonder if something's up with the PSTV.

I dunno, but I'm backing my PSTV up every night from now on so I don't have to replay the first four chapters of Cyber Sleuth over and over.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Emong posted:

I dunno, but I'm backing my PSTV up every night from now on so I don't have to replay the first four chapters of Cyber Sleuth over and over.

Get PS+ and activate the automatic save backup to the internet. Never worry again. (Aside from PSP/PS1 games.)

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FactsAreUseless posted:

Plus you can just call it DenDenDenDenDenDen and pretend you're ringing a bell

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Didn't Namco completely gently caress up the numbering of the Gagharv trilogy Legend of Heroes games, where the last game in the trilogy was listed as the middle game or something?

Either way I'd start with Trails In The Sky or Cold Steel. The Gagharv trilogy just looks kind of generic but I absolutely loved FC, am loving SC and am excited to start Cold Steel and will definitely buy 3rd, Zero and Azure if Xseed decides to bring them over.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

Mr. Fortitude posted:

Didn't Namco completely gently caress up the numbering of the Gagharv trilogy Legend of Heroes games, where the last game in the trilogy was listed as the middle game or something?

there is a game that was the third LoH overall, and the first entry in the Gagharv trilogy of LoH games. How would you number this game?

If your answer was Legend of Heroes II, you might be qualified to work for Namco

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Nothing like a good compromise!

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Anora posted:

And what is that second slot in the top for? One is obviously for the vita games, but there's a second tiny slot that I don't have the system manual to know what it does.

An expansion slot that never got used for anything, similar to how the IR port on the PSP disappeared after the first hardware revision.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Buy any YS game, buy both Trails in the Sky games, buy Trails of Cold Steel
I already have. YS VII is literally the only Western released Ys game I do not own.

Cake Attack posted:

I was of the impression that the series was very generic and mundane until Trails in the Sky which introduced a new interesting world, design, and combat. Due to Trails in the Sky being so well received Falcom decided to use the "Trails" moniker for all future games and have them take place in the same world.

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 06:11 on Feb 5, 2016

Tesseraction
Apr 5, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

My posting. :ssh:

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ys VII is a lot of fun. The final boss is cool as hell

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

True best girl, B. A. Baracas.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

punk rebel ecks posted:

I already have. YS VII is literally the only Western released Ys game I do not own.

Do you own Ys: Wanderers from Ys III?

ddogflex
Sep 19, 2004

blahblahblah
So Sony is saying "contact support" if your battery dies overnight in sleep mode? Mine has done it every loving night since 3.57. Anyone know what they recommend doing?? I'd rather not call their poo poo support.

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Mithaldu posted:

Get PS+ and activate the automatic save backup to the internet. Never worry again. (Aside from PSP/PS1 games.)

Yeah cloud backups on Vita especially have given me peace of mind ever since I lost over 30 hours of progress in an RPG I wasn't finished with.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Do you own Ys: Wanderers from Ys III?

XSeed Ys games.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I'm still waiting to hear more news about Ys VIII. It got announced and then Falcom went silent on it outside of a vague Summer 2016 release window.

EPIC fat guy vids
Feb 3, 2011

squeak... squeak... SQUEAK!
Lipstick Apathy
Digimon World Next Order new screenshots. Wargreymon and other mons.

Superbeat Xonic DLC information . Launches February 23rd.

Summon Nights 6 gets new characters and screenshots.

Uppers! showcase of 2 characters.

Also, Lost Song is very cool and fun and if it goes on sale you should get it.

Takoluka
Jun 26, 2009

Don't look at me!

Lost Song is *currently* on sale, I believe.

SpacePig
Apr 4, 2007

Hold that pose.
I've gotta get something.
Really digging all of these Uppers videos lately. I'm hoping it gets localized eventually, at least, because I just wanna have fun punching dudes on my Vita.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ddogflex posted:

So Sony is saying "contact support" if your battery dies overnight in sleep mode? Mine has done it every loving night since 3.57. Anyone know what they recommend doing?? I'd rather not call their poo poo support.

"If you are having problems please contact support"
"NO I don't wanna!"

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Schrodingers cat posted:

Digimon World Next Order new screenshots. Wargreymon and other mons.

The design of the main character is something

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

ddogflex posted:

Since you didn't read other comments: Contact them so they can collect info about your Vita and figure out why it's happening.

Also:

Looper posted:

"NO I don't wanna!"

Ruggington posted:

The design of the main character is something

Wow, her backside is literally bodypaint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Looper posted:

"NO I don't wanna!"
If it's a dumb fix and you gotta wade through several pages of canned troubleshooting scripts from the poor poo poo on the other end of the line to get to the dumb fix, I could see wanting to know that dumb fix instead of going through it yourself :shrug: