Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who will win the debate?
Former Hedge Fund Manager and Corporate Raider, Bernard Sanders
Inexperienced Hippie and Lifelong Pacifist, Hillary Rodham
The Ghost of Martin O'Malley
View Results

• Locked thread
C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

Powercrazy posted:

Bernie is 100% on point with trade.

But you see he sucks at foreign policy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

blue squares posted:

Bernie belives in trade??? Neoliberal scum

shhh fishmech can hear you :ninja:

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Good thing no one is watchign this because Bernie just slaughtered that.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Caller posted:

Obama supporters badly wanted single-payer, and it polled super popular because people love Medicare. Yet here we are with crappy insurance policies people can't afford.

This definitely has nothing to do with obstinate Republicans, no sir.

Optimus Subprime
Mar 26, 2005

Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have guns, why should we let them have ideas?

tee ball

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Bad Caller posted:

Obama supporters badly wanted single-payer, and it polled super popular because people love Medicare. Yet here we are with crappy insurance policies people can't afford.

Who moved right, then?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bad Caller posted:

You need to read up on the writing and passing of the ACA. Obama doesn't just get to wave his magic wand and pass whatever he wants

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

LGD posted:

why not both?

I appreciate your perspective.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009
Welp, he fired the NAFTA cannon. Let's see how she responds to it.

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

That was pretty, pretty, pretty good.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Epic High Five posted:

Australia is geographically at least, and Canada has already ceded most of a couple cities worth of real estate over to Chinese elites

I think you'll find Australia is actually Australian because it is not part of Asia :colbert:

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I hope to see another web page this break.

rivetz
Sep 22, 2000

Soiled Meat
I wish they could have a GOP debate right after a Dem debate so the difference would be even more stark. I think of those douchebags ripping each other to shreds on the other side of the fence in between spouting total loving nonsense, I mean, at least these two candidates live in reality and are capable of basic civility, two things I'd like to dream would be considered general prerequisites for the office of commander-in-chief.

Emmideer
Oct 20, 2011

Lovely night, no?
Grimey Drawer
Bernie excels so much at international economics, even more than at national economics. If he flipped every war question into a trade question, why, he'd be president already.

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

blue squares posted:

You need to read up on the writing and passing of the ACA. Obama doesn't just get to wave his magic wand and pass whatever he wants

He had a super majority. Single payer could have passed.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

I think it was more along the lines that she missed an obvious point to bridge to a voting demographic. I dont think Hillary is actually a racist.

I was just kidding

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
MSNBC's audience sure seems to prefer Bernie. The facebook poll or whatever was pretty 50/50 slightly favoring him though.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
See? A question about a policy difference that actually affects people and they both gave interesting answers.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Sounds like Trump. People, it's so simple. Trump number one. Number one on trade. Number one on economy.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Bad Caller posted:

Single payer could have passed.

Wrong! Do some research

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

rivetz posted:

I wish they could have a GOP debate right after a Dem debate so the difference would be even more stark. I think of those douchebags ripping each other to shreds on the other side of the fence in between spouting total loving nonsense, I mean, at least these two candidates live in reality and are capable of basic civility, two things I'd like to dream would be considered general prerequisites for the office of commander-in-chief.

Trump has driven the GOP into a frenzy and its loving beautiful :unsmigghh:

mannerup
Jan 11, 2004

♬ I Know You're Dying Trying To Figure Me Out♬

♬My Name's On The Tip Of Your Tongue Keep Running Your Mouth♬

♬You Want The Recipe But Can't Handle My Sound My Sound My Sound♬

♬No Matter What You Do Im Gonna Get It Without Ya♬

♬ I Know You Ain't Used To A Female Alpha♬

Joementum posted:

See? A question about a policy difference that actually affects people and they both gave interesting answers.

but its not sensational and good to fish for quick soundbites

Grey Fox
Jan 5, 2004

Donald Trump posted:

Sounds like Trump. People, it's so simple. Trump number one. Number one on trade. Number one on economy.
http://loser.com

Dead Cosmonaut
Nov 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Sanders is getting better at this

Yudo
May 15, 2003

also want to chime in Berne 100% right on trade.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Donald Trump posted:

Number two in Iowa.

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
I hope Chuck asks about email again.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Bad Caller posted:

lol nope. That super majority consisted partially of blue dogs.

logikv9
Mar 5, 2009

Ham Wrangler

Bad Caller posted:

let me tell you about the blue dogs

Yudo
May 15, 2003

Sir Tonk posted:

I hope Chuck asks about email again.

if he does: the chair

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
We are so far into this bs that being cynical and snarky is like the only acceptable response. Whether relatively speaking or objectively, this debate has been good for prospective democratic voters.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Bad Caller posted:

ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

no

EugeneJ
Feb 5, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Who moved right, then?

Pope Obama I, the holiest of the holy

C-SPAN Caller
Apr 21, 2010

blue squares posted:

Wrong! Do some research

So instead we ended up with Republican legislation and subsidized insurance companies, cool.

Ted Cruz literally just wants to redo the ACA but cut out the few protections outside of forcing people to pay companies for health insurance.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Bernie is hitting home runs

KKKLIP ART
Sep 3, 2004

blue squares posted:

I was just kidding

i am too. hillary is actually a racist.

just kidding again

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

FAUXTON posted:

Number two in Iowa.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Bad Caller posted:

Obama's super majority included blue dog democrats, who should probably be strangled in their beds until they turn blue. The 'fiscally conservative' assholes helped tank the single payer option.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

KKKLIP ART posted:

i am too. hillary is actually a racist.

just kidding again

:argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yudo
May 15, 2003

The flint thing is legit sickening

• Locked thread