Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Holy poo poo fighting Broly on Z Hard is a nightmare! I even have most of the cards to nulify his rampage skill and even then I have to use a stone or two to win. I guess I need the other SSRs to stand a chance.

I mean, to this point, even if you use 10 stones to get the three medals, UR PHY SSJ Broly is probably better than what you'd get in two gacha pulls.

I'm glad someone got a Broly, gently caress youuuuuuuus aside.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alpha Kenny Juan
Apr 11, 2007

Tribladeofchaos posted:

Well I only had enough stones for one multi-pull let's see what I-

Well poo poo now I HAVE to grind out the awakening medals for him...is he that good?

Webbeh posted:

gently caress youuuuuuuuuuuuuu

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
You got off-model Goku! He am the greetest

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Is LR Cell supposed to be good?

Ammat The Ankh
Sep 7, 2010

Now, attempt to defeat me!
And I shall become a living legend!
Seriously how are you supposed to beat STR Broly? I'm using Super STR Saiyaman 2, Extreme INT King Vegeta, Super TEQ SSJ Vegeta, Super TEQ Mighty Mask, Super AGL SSGSS Vegeta, and AGL Kaioken Goku (lv. 80). I can use Senzus and King Yemma until I'm out and Broly kills me with one super. Meanwhile I can barely scratch him, even with super attacks. What gives?

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I got a Broly on my friends list! That's good, right?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
It's nice that the PHY Broly stage gives Z-Sword training items out of the gold red capsules unlike for most stages.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

Did two multipulls. The only good thing I got was STR Super Trunks, so there's an SA boost for the one I already have.
I also pulled the R Piccolo and R Trunks that have the Blazing Battle link, so I might dump some effort into leveling them and taking one last stab at Broly.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

On the other side of the spectrum, I just beat STR Broly without using any items. Trunks/Goten Synergy is so loving broken and SSJ3/SSG/Gohan just SA every turn even with bad Ki orb placement.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I did two rounds with the B-man.

I've reasoned that you shouldn't even bother unless you've got a team that is 5+ linked to break his stupid skill, or have one of the event guys.

Kaioken Goku is the only non-linked character capable of dealing damage, and he's incapable of resisting.

When you go to start the mission, unless there is a character with the link available, kid Buu, AGL SSG Goku, or SSJ3 Goku (and the last two only with KK on your team) don't even bother play the medal mission to get a new list of friends

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

IF THIS IS A 'LOST' THREAD I'M PROBABLY WHINING ABOUT
STABBEY THE MEANY
It seems like the only way to win Broly is Kaioken Goku.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I am happy that the coolest skill in all of DB is suitably powerful in this game

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Webbeh posted:

It seems like the only way to win Broly is Kaioken Goku.

SSG Goku does the same thing more consistently. Takes 3 or 4 supers for Kaioken to catch up. Better if you have both, obviously. It's pretty cool to actually get to use Kaioken Goku's gimmick to the fullest.

My STR team makes PHY Broly pretty funny. I just said hell with it and started using Fruit to speed it up. Grandpa Gohan, Evil Buu, new STR SSJ Goku, Roshi, Max Power Roshi, and STR Goku. It's seriously just Kamehamehas for two rounds before he goes down. Still need to work on STR SSJ Goten. Up to 7 Broly, but the drop rate seems to be getting worse.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
Does AGI SSR Trunk's leader skill work on Broly?

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY

Echophonic posted:

SSG Goku does the same thing more consistently. Takes 3 or 4 supers for Kaioken to catch up. Better if you have both, obviously. It's pretty cool to actually get to use Kaioken Goku's gimmick to the fullest.

And if you don't have either, you're stuck! THANKS BANDAI

:sigh:

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
I've always had KaioKen Goku but never did anything with him since I had SSj2 Goku. I am the fool

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

I've always had KaioKen Goku but never did anything with him since I had SSj2 Goku. I am the fool

Yeah, he doesn't look that impressive, but he's got absolutely amazing synergy. He's key to shocking speed teams, one of the 4 cards with Over in a Flash, has The Saiyan Lineage, and that super is great for longer stuff if you can keep throwing them.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Feb 5, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How many bars of health does the big Broly have?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Too drat many, I think it's 5? I just burned a stone at his second to last, just to get that third medal for PHY Broly and be done with it. Just couldn't get Kaioken and SSG Goku next to each other reliably.

Up to 8 PHY Broly, so not too bad.

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
If you have one of the event super saiyans please set them as your leader the Broly mission is literally impossible without one of them

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Haha, I just had some son of a bitch with an SA2 STR Broly show up on my ally list.

Still taking someone else's Grandpa Gohan because more ki more better. Kamehameha, motherfucker. :getin:

Edit: Cozz, I just used your SSJ3 Goku. He's horrifying, he nailed a SSJ/Kamehameha super for like 180k on PHY Broly.

Edit 2: Behold my power! I didn't actually awaken him yet, I need like 700k zeni.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Feb 5, 2016

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

So the SSR Goten you get from the event has the leader skill "ATK +5% for every Ki Sphere obtained". What does that mean exactly? Does it just effect Goten, or everyone? Do the Ki Spheres have to be the matching color of the character, or can any sphere do?

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
Fighting PHY Broly over and over has really given me perspective on how much more powerful the top tier UR's are.

Kid Goku would do around 20k damage on a super like other SSR* characters while my STRoku, Super Trunks and SSJ2 Gohan does 60k damage. Meanwhile, guest star SSJ3 Goku racks up over 120k damage.

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

I want the Event drop Broly but I doubt I could even farm the Z-Hard Super Broly

visceril
Feb 24, 2008
I begrudgingly put 2-3 stones into getting two medals. The first fight was pretty good because I got really lucky on the power up tiles and was able to stack a super on Goku every turn.

Second time I powered up Gohan instead and I had to revive myself a few times.

Idgaf about legendary after my third medal I'm out

ugh its Troika
May 2, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
I did a big pull during the anniversary event recently and ended up with... SSR Whis, SSR Bardock, and SSR Goku (the one where he's charging the spirit bomb to kill kid buu). Obviously Whis is good and I wanted Bardock the most of all, but is that particular Goku worth using?

e: Great Hope Goku, an AGL SSR.

During the anniversary event I also managed to farm enough stuff to get my TEQ Super Perfect Cell, PHY Ultra Trunks, and AGL SSG Goku to UR :toot:

ugh its Troika fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Feb 5, 2016

Aurora
Jan 7, 2008

Do they repeat these events or is it just gone once it's over?

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

They repeat. And there'd be way too many pissed off people to not repeat anyways, considering that you literally need to win several lotteries to even be able to win the fight

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?

Echophonic posted:

Haha, I just had some son of a bitch with an SA2 STR Broly show up on my ally list.

Still taking someone else's Grandpa Gohan because more ki more better. Kamehameha, motherfucker. :getin:

Edit: Cozz, I just used your SSJ3 Goku. He's horrifying, he nailed a SSJ/Kamehameha super for like 180k on PHY Broly.

Edit 2: Behold my power! I didn't actually awaken him yet, I need like 700k zeni.

Yeah, I like him a fair bit. Can't wait for another tournament to get him up to SA10.

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

So the SSR Goten you get from the event has the leader skill "ATK +5% for every Ki Sphere obtained". What does that mean exactly? Does it just effect Goten, or everyone? Do the Ki Spheres have to be the matching color of the character, or can any sphere do?

As a leader skill, it will work for every character. It means for every KI sphere obtained (whether matching or not), Attack will be increased by 5%.

Edit: Apparently you can get multiple Broly's to drop. I just go two from one run.

Cozz fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Feb 6, 2016

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, I got a double one time. It was a nice surprise.

On the subject of nice surprises, the gacha decided to continue toying with me. I've gotten 4 SSRs from it so far. 2 of the new STR SSJ Goku, a new STR SSJ Goten, and now a new AGL SSJ Gohan. I'm pretty pleased with a pack of beastly Super Saiyans, Broly or no.

This makes SSJ TEQ Vegeta really interesting, too. Blazing Battle and Super Saiyan make for a very nice boost. Plus he eventually gets a Dokkan, so he's probably worth trying out. He's been sitting, unloved, in my box for months and now it's his time to shine.

I'm gonna have to run Hercule all day, but at least I have the medals and training stuff for Gohan, Goten, and Vegeta. Well, barely, all three use Gregory medals. Baba Shop, Best Shop.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Feb 6, 2016

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I tried out the Japanese version and got Gogeta and SSJ3 Goku. I like this.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

How do you get the most out of the Big Bucks Hercule Challenge? Do you want to fight all the fights you can, or hit all the '?' spaces?

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Heroic Yoshimitsu posted:

How do you get the most out of the Big Bucks Hercule Challenge? Do you want to fight all the fights you can, or hit all the '?' spaces?

Question marks. They're good for 30k a pop most of the time. The fights are good, but the mystery spaces are better.

Cozz
Jun 19, 2005

Perhaps you need to... reverse... his polarity? Hack? Do some hacking?
In good news, I got Broly's SA up to level 10 (plus one extra). Now to see if I'm able to get the awakening medals, although I don't know if I have enough fire power along with the characters to stop rampage.

I know I've been pretty lucky with my event drop rate (I think the only farmable characters I haven't been able to get up to SA10 are the Turles Event charcters other than Daiz, Police Officer Krillin and Cooler), as well as getting some good SSR's (Super Sayians and Super Sayian Gods) from single and multi-pulls, but the pull rate in this game is starting to get frustrating. I know i have no one to blame but my self for stupidly spending more money this morning (I think putting my total spending on the game since launch over $2,000) and while I got 2 SSR's (Turles and Frezia Horror from Hell), I really wanted other cards than Piccolo's, Trunks, Nail's, Pargus (of which I have gotten 14), and the SSJ Trunks that I already had (he now has Super Attack Level 6). Meanwhile, not only did my brother get Broly, he also got all four of the event Super Sayians (he also has spent a fair bit of money on the game). I guess that's why these games are called "Gacha's".

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Hey-o!

I'm surprised I'm not seeing more about AGL SSJ Gohan. That dude is really good. He'd be up there with SSG Goku if he had a ki link. He's got slightly higher attack and a very similar passive. All three of the new SSR SSJs are really good, but he's pretty impressive, even in AGL.

As for Broly? If I get one, I get one. I'm never going to put the work in to be top 5000 again after the first time, so him making it easier would just speed up getting to 30 or 50 wins.

I also managed to run out of Baba Shop points. I'm looking real hard at some of the losers in my box that have high SAs...

Webbeh
Dec 13, 2003

STABBEY THE MEANY
After all the work I put into the last WT and not getting top 5000, I guess my next reward will be just getting to 100 wins and getting that SSR ticket.

the_steve
Nov 9, 2005

We're always hiring!

I think I'm at the point where I'm kinda burned out on the game. No new story mode, too many lovely multipulls, Broly event pretty much unwinnable unless you get awesome pulls from the machine. Just kinda done with it, I think.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

the_steve posted:

I think I'm at the point where I'm kinda burned out on the game. No new story mode, too many lovely multipulls, Broly event pretty much unwinnable unless you get awesome pulls from the machine. Just kinda done with it, I think.

I've gotten burned out once or twice. Just take a break and just log in for the logon bonuses. Then, once you're ready to start playing or an event catches your fancy, you'll have a stack of useful stuff to work on whatever you get. The Dokkan Festival logon rewards are pretty drat good. It's like 3 million zeni and 30 stones.

Would you guys like me to go roflstomp Broly in your honor? I think I have one of the best possible teams for it.

Squallege
Jan 7, 2006

No greater good, no just cause

Grimey Drawer
Super Saiyan God :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Squallege posted:

Super Saiyan God :argh:

Super Saiyan Gohan is actually almost as good! I'd say he's arguably better for the average SSJ team, even. SSG needs a bunch of other SRs and SSRs to do his bullshit, Gohan brings the god-tier Kamehameha just as well and has more useful links.