Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Servaetes
Sep 10, 2003

False enemy or true friend?

Magres posted:

It's Jhin actually complete garbage or are people just bad at him because he's a weird character (his winrate is abysmal)

More importantly, if he's terrible is he so bad it's not even fun

He's really fun, explodes if someone gets on top of him. His winrate is terrible for multiple reasons:
A) He's brand new
B) He has to reload to shoot
C) He's brand new
D) Really fragile
E) He's brand new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magres
Jul 14, 2011
First game report: Played Jhin into Nocturne, Malphite, Shaco, Blitzcrank, Jhin, and we had a mid Ashe who went 0/8/2 and fed Nocturne.

Was still a pretty fun game! Jhin is cool. On a related note, I don't understand how people have a problem with Rengar when Nocturne is in the game, he's such an oppressively lovely champion to play against. It's like a Rengar who can fly four screens to gib you instead of having to run in invisible

Magres fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Feb 5, 2016

stump collector
May 28, 2007
Nocturne's ultimate gives you and your teammates a clear indicator that you may be in immediate danger. He also can't instantly root and kill someone before you even know he's there. Also his early game isn't as strong as Rengar's was and his ultimate isn't up as often.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves
Had a rough game that we ended up losing last night where opposing botlane was a Jhin/Vel duo. If you got struck by the Vel ult you could almost guarantee you were about to get Jhin stunned and ulted.

In all fairness though Vel was pretty good and did most of the work.

Methanar
Sep 26, 2013

by the sex ghost
I really enjoy murdering Jhins as diana.

Sexpansion
Mar 22, 2003

DELETED

Primetime posted:

What was skarners winrate after the juggernaut patch? It seems like the last few broken champions had lower peak winrates but does had ridiculous ~60% rates in 3 of 5 lanes

Yeah, it was 60% or so.

Gridlocked posted:

Had a rough game that we ended up losing last night where opposing botlane was a Jhin/Vel duo. If you got struck by the Vel ult you could almost guarantee you were about to get Jhin stunned and ulted.

In all fairness though Vel was pretty good and did most of the work.

Velkoz totally shits on anyone who can't dodge skillshots and has really good numbers.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

Sexpansion posted:

Velkoz totally shits on anyone who can't dodge skillshots and has really good numbers.

My Cait couldn't avoid anything T_T But yeah I was support Brand, which is basically dead now, and if I got caught by a Vel ult it was curtains.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

Tired Moritz posted:

I find Corki too strong and I hope he get nerfed soon. :)

Mottie posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=22WlWnSrwLY

You really should play the freelo train, considering I melted bard in 2 seconds here with only sheen + phage.
Better yet, pick him when the other team picks out jhin and kill jhin 10 times in lane, but yes he's got nerfs up in PBE. He's a lot of fun though and he hits like a brick house for almost true damage autos to most adcs.

He's more than a little broken in both ADC and mid

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Shyvana is still really really good right now and I don't see anyone playing her. Udyr got banned so I decided to crush everyone forever with her instead.

I was sated at 13 minutes, and duo'd Baron shortly after 20 with Sona. :smug:

E: Oh and my pro strat of queuing Jungle/Mid has now failed twice, but only in that I was assigned mid. Both games I asked the jungler if they'd prefer mid, and both times they said "Yea I queued as fill." This new queue system really is dog-poo poo.

Mikujin fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Feb 5, 2016

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
is this the part where i quote myself saying the new queue was gonna be absolute poo poo and then all the people telling me im wrong

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
I mean in theory its good, all they have to do is not make you queue for multiple roles unless you want to.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

I've been playing support recently for my games after work, because it's relaxingly mindless down in the shitter ranks where I play. Every time I pick Sona, the carry always complains. "But I play aggressive, Sona is worthless!"

Does nobody build her Q up at low MMR or something? It's amazing harass and the range is pretty safe in most situations. Plus power chord is great. Mash Q -> Press Ignite -> Get Money.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Most people level heal on sona at low mmr and q on janna, and completely miss the point of their champ.

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

18 games, 17 wins, back to Plat. And I didn't end up in cobweb's loser League, I ended up in one of the best names I've seen yet:

:siren: :black101: MAOKAI'S CRUSHERS :black101: :siren:

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

Zaodai posted:

I've been playing support recently for my games after work, because it's relaxingly mindless down in the shitter ranks where I play. Every time I pick Sona, the carry always complains. "But I play aggressive, Sona is worthless!"

Does nobody build her Q up at low MMR or something? It's amazing harass and the range is pretty safe in most situations. Plus power chord is great. Mash Q -> Press Ignite -> Get Money.

Sona is hyper aggressive and low MMR players are dumb as poo poo. A power chord Q can delete an ADC who is out of position

Coca Koala
Nov 28, 2005

ongoing nowhere
College Slice

Zaodai posted:

I had one dude go off on me for picking sona once because "she's a strictly worse version of Annie support. Annie has the same poke, but more ways to stun. What do you mean, Sona has better sustain? If you want sustain, go with Alastair. What do you mean, alistair has lovely poke? He has the hard engage. Literally the only reason to pick a support is for hard engage or disengage".

I honestly don't think he knew what sona does.

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Magres posted:

It's Jhin actually complete garbage or are people just bad at him because he's a weird character (his winrate is abysmal)

More importantly, if he's terrible is he so bad it's not even fun

His win rate is the same as new poppy's win rate was on release. win rates aren't useful for a patch or 2 after a release/rework since almost no one who's playing the champ knows how to.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

"Why would you ever ban Graves lololol"-Bronze

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
bans really dont matter in bronze

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

bans matter at every level

edit: You have to assume everyone is bad and letting a champ go through that can punish everyone on your team for every mistake is just asking to lose

breaks
May 12, 2001

I just ask my teammates what they want to ban and ban that so I get an extra 30 seconds or so of civil behavior.

Zaodai
May 23, 2009

Death before dishonor?
Your terms are accepted.

Coca Koala posted:

I had one dude go off on me for picking sona once because "she's a strictly worse version of Annie support. Annie has the same poke, but more ways to stun. What do you mean, Sona has better sustain? If you want sustain, go with Alastair. What do you mean, alistair has lovely poke? He has the hard engage. Literally the only reason to pick a support is for hard engage or disengage".

I honestly don't think he knew what sona does.

So far, I've ended up turning them all into Sona believers by the end of the game. Her W (with Windspeakers) can turn a surprising amount of fights around on top of the already great Q and R, and the E... well, it's nice to have a speed boost in pursuit and sometimes disengage situations. I just don't rank it up until last.

Usually what ends up calming them down is when we walk into lane, everybody is jockeying for position, and then a third of the health for both opposing players disappears. The rest of the time, it just gives them a false sense of security and they go super ham into every situation assuming you can get them out of it. Ezrael flash and then phase shift so he can get directly into the center of a 3 man gank? gently caress yeah, Sona has me covered!

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

In bronze I think you just ban the easier to play high winrate champs, especially if they're tanky. I bet Malphite would be the strongest bronze champ atm. Junglers who do well with farm seem pretty good too, since people CS worse down there. I think that's why Master Yi has had a reign of terror for so long

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i mean, its bronze, and it really is not that hard to get out of, champion selection doesn't really matter down there i m o

i think a few other people have said it before in this thread but i'll be the one to bite the bullet for this thread and say if you even remotely gave a poo poo about not being bronze, you would not be bronze

Tyty
Feb 20, 2012

Night-vision Goggles Equipped!

I'll give a poo poo about it when I'm not knee-deep in homework.

It does kinda suck how I placed so low this season but I'm sure I can get back out. I was silver the last two seasons, I can at least get back there.

Fluffdaddy
Jan 3, 2009

rabidsquid posted:

In bronze I think you just ban the easier to play high winrate champs, especially if they're tanky. I bet Malphite would be the strongest bronze champ atm. Junglers who do well with farm seem pretty good too, since people CS worse down there. I think that's why Master Yi has had a reign of terror for so long

Bltizcrank is always a good champ to ban because you don't want to rely on anyone being able to not get hooked.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

I figured out why Udyr isn't 100% wr, cause poo poo like this

First item 32 minutes, guess the champ.

Spoilers, but heres the scoreboard
http://i.imgur.com/to2yHzj.jpg. S+

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Feb 5, 2016

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Akali?

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

Not even close.

blah_blah
Apr 15, 2006

A Saucy Bratwurst posted:

Spoilers, but heres the scoreboard
http://i.imgur.com/to2yHzj.jpg. S+

That Teemo build is fine if you actually finish the items.

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
32 minutes first item though

also he was level 1 to pantheons 4 cause he went invisible in nids jungle for a v long time.

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate
speaking of akali i wonder what she'll be like after the buffs. akali top is really good and fun

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Lovechop posted:

speaking of akali i wonder what she'll be like after the buffs. akali top is really good and fun

She'll still be bad

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
i'd like to take this moment to post my most recent ranked match, featuring sorka, the healsmith
id like to point out her Healing Done stat, which was 35.2k, which is more than two champions on our team combined

Fair and Balanced, good stuff from Riot Gaming!

Lovechop
Feb 1, 2005

cheers mate

Mikujin posted:

She'll still be bad

make her E proc Q again imo :getin:

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Luna Was Here posted:

i'd like to take this moment to post my most recent ranked match, featuring sorka, the healsmith
id like to point out her Healing Done stat, which was 35.2k, which is more than two champions on our team combined

Fair and Balanced, good stuff from Riot Gaming!

Take a look at her damage stat (which is a third of the lowest other person's), of which everyone is clearly doing too much. It is almost like some champions do different things from other champions. If you want to play a lovely game where every character is basically the same with a different coat of paint I think World of Warcraft still exists.

Soraka is still a loving nuisance, though.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
wow, this one champion didn't do a whole lot of damage while effectively erasing two other champions from the game! go back to world of warcraft, noob :smuggo:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
maybe that soraka was really good at landing Qs!!!!

May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nNvFmZlQfJI

Speaking of balance.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikujin
May 25, 2010

(also a lightning rod)

Luna Was Here posted:

wow, this one champion didn't do a whole lot of damage while effectively erasing two other champions from the game! go back to world of warcraft, noob :smuggo:

That's not how math works

E: I'm still getting +30 LP in plat hoorah. Starting to see Udyr bans. Shyvana is just as rude.

• Locked thread