Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
Ban cyclocross and belgium. porblem solved

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Friendly reminder that she's the current <23 Belgian and European champ, too. Her excuses read like that of a 12YO caught red handed.

Because women in comp cycling didn't have it hard enough already.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look
This came up on my Facebook feed, you can easily get powerful motors that install in the frame and turn the BB through bevel gears, but the company's target market is 60+ folks who just want an easier time riding bikes: http://www.cyclist.co.uk/in-depth/542/how-realistic-is-motor-doping

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Good morning cyclocross fans!

I hope J-pow has one of those motors tbh. Big crashes already. Who puts two (2) 180s at the start of a race?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
All the Vans (Lars, Wout and Mattie) are gone and will not be brought back. They are FLYING.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Lars got away when Matthieu got his foot caught in Wouts spokes. The Belgians are throwing beer at him now.

Sven is in the mix.

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Wout won. Good race.

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Can't wait for this motor story to develop more.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Pocket posted:

Can't wait for this motor story to develop more.

Its absurd. I see that the team has a chance of being banned because of it? But which team do they ban? The national squad or her normal team?

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
Having watch the race today, I can 100% say that the Americans were not using motors. Those other teams? Who can say for sure?

What I'm saying is give Stephen Hyde the rainbow stripes until a full investigation is complete.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fem...campaign=buffer

Her official denial with the reason 'Its not my bike, well I mean it was my bike, but I sold it to my friend and it looks identical to mine and we just have the same geometry.'

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Paddyb posted:

Wout won. Good race.

Wout, there it was. You could pinpoint the moment when Lars knew he wasn't going to bring him back.

Couldn't understand a thing, but poor Mathieu looked unhappy in that post race interview. Love the pristine jersey and muddy face, though.

Powers and Eckmann were 34 and 35. Wonder what happened.

Bud Manstrong fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Jan 31, 2016

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me

Bud Manstrong posted:

You could pinpoint the moment when Lars knew he wasn't going to bring him back.

I want to believe that Wout channeled his inner Sven and did the false dismount on that last big hill to hold him up and gap him. Lars and his slow superman remount never had a chance.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

serious gaylord posted:

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/fem...campaign=buffer

Her official denial with the reason 'Its not my bike, well I mean it was my bike, but I sold it to my friend and it looks identical to mine and we just have the same geometry.'

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/ecf73f373d0b44c3aa64b202661b009f/bike-manufacturer-sue-belgian-rider-over-motor-use
I hereby undergo a self-imposed on riding my Wilier until this all blows over.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/van-den-driessches-friend-claims-ownership-of-motorised-bike/

The 'friend' in question has claimed ownership of the bike, and that he left it next to the team bus and the mechanics must have thought it was her bike so put it with her stuff. Also because of this her dad and brother (the one suspended for doping) are now up on charges of stealing Parakeets after the shop owner recognised them in the news. What a world.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

Not even trying: “It’s my bike,” Van Muylder told Het Nieuwsblad. “All I can say is it’s my bike.”

paddyboat
Feb 20, 2013

Maxi, Maxi Rodriguez
Run down the wing for me
I saw this video today of her smoking the elite race at Koppenbergcross and it supposedly proves she has a motor in her BB. It's probably by the same nutballs that did the Cancellara and Hesjedal motor doping videos.

The parakeet thing is great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv3CiyrRTMg&sns=em

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004
I am having this vision where Fabian Cancellara crushes everyone this year at Paris Robaix, cruises to the side of the velodrome, pulls off his crankset (which obviously has no motor attached), and beats some human being from VeloNews over the head with it.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Withnail posted:

I am having this vision where Fabian Cancellara crushes everyone this year at Paris Robaix, cruises to the side of the velodrome, pulls off his crankset (which obviously has no motor attached), and beats some human being from VeloNews over the head with it.

Tom boonen wins and when they remove the seat post to check the tube a half kilo of cocaine spills out

Bud Manstrong
Dec 11, 2003

The Curse of the Flying Criosphinx

Gibbo posted:

Tom boonen wins and when they remove the seat post to check the tube a half kilo of cocaine spills out

and a parakeet

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Withnail posted:

Hopefully that Neal Rogers dude

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Bud Manstrong posted:

and a parakeet

Holding a notebook of phone numbers for under aged girls.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Withnail posted:

I'm having this vision where you post a little less horrifically.

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Withnail posted:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Please do not use homophobic language.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

"yes James. Remove that from my presence. It... Offends me" *sips overpriced wine*

Trash Ops posted:

Please do not use homophobic language.

Please stay the gently caress in FYAD

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

No really, don't be a loving homophobe.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

evil_bunnY posted:

No really, don't be a loving homophobe.

That too, but we don't need fyad poo poo heads that have never posted in a thread trolling through to report posts for giggles.

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain
Are we going to use the same thread for another season?

Pocket
Aug 27, 2006

Will it change anything?

vikingstrike
Sep 23, 2007

whats happening, captain

Pocket posted:

Will it change anything?

No :smith:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

In case you needed a reminder about how the Dubai tour is supported by cubic dollars, here's Audi R8 and Ferrari FF police cars minding the race route.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Katusha are looking at a 15-45 day suspension because another rider got caught pissing hot.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kat...campaign=buffer

Xabi
Jan 21, 2006

Inventor of the Marmite pasty
Ban all former Soviet teams from cycling and sports in general.

Gibbo
Sep 13, 2008

serious gaylord posted:

Katusha are looking at a 15-45 day suspension because another rider got caught pissing hot.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/news/kat...campaign=buffer

Meldonium? Jesus these drug names are getting more and more out there.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
New thread mean new and funny op and they are great

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

dema
Aug 13, 2006

Fantastic.

Xir
Jul 31, 2007

I smell fan fiction...
Ok, I want that. Who knew Froome could be so... majestic while being in such close proximity to a bike?

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

The kimono reads PEDS ARE COMING BACK.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.
He looks like loving Tintin.

He also just won the Herald Sun Tour this arvo, apparently Kennaugh got into a spat with one of the local team riders over some dumb poo poo.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/h...6801b8a931cfffe