Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

I need something 3 or 4 wheeled, unfortunately - the stuff I'm delivering for Amazon is packed up like this:

Doesn't really lend itself to being loaded on a hand truck, especially since some of the bags may have stuff like produce. I have absolutely no idea what's in the bags, unless it's an insulated bag. The insulated bags have a sealed paper bag inside them - with a block or two of dry ice if there's frozen stuff. I don't get a packing slip or anything, just a slip of paper that shows the suggested order that I drop everything off in and how many bags are in each order.

It does look like Magna Cart has something that might work though.

randomidiot fucked around with this message at 09:24 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Hmm. Maybe Magna Cart plus some milk crates for stacking?

Getting that other cart thing might be a better solution, though.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Blocks of dry ice in your car? Keep the ventilation running please :ohdear:

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Christine Brinkley is 62????? Holy poo poo even with the surgery how the gently caress can she still be so hot?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Surgery, good genetics, and a shitload of effort.

Plus a bit of photo retouching, probably.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

Another night if zero sleep. God I need a job.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
My favorite cycle lane is closing due to roadworks and so thought I might give it bit of a go as a farewell

https://www.strava.com/activities/486239905

Could not have asked for better apart from being slowed by cars. The feeling when you are belting along at 50+kph, you are passing cars and the passengers are giving you WTF how the hell can a bicycle go so fast???? looks. Even had a good chat to some old lady who was dumbfounded I was pacing the car she was in at 55kph. The whole diet thing is starting to click into place now as well - I had a lot of problems getting used to the much lower carb levels so I would feel destroyed after a good ride for a couple of week. No problem today. TBH the diet changes also improved my general mood. So much less joint pain, I'm feeling better about things...... why on earth didnt I do this sooner(*)?

(*) I'm loving dumb and I like eating terrible things.

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

GUESS WHO THOUGHT HIS 830 AM DMV APPOINTMENT WAS THIS WEEK INSTEAD OF NEXT

chrsit i hate waking up earlier than necessary, that's quality sleepins i'm missing out on

whalesteak
May 6, 2013

some texas redneck posted:

I need something 3 or 4 wheeled, unfortunately - the stuff I'm delivering for Amazon is packed up like this:

Doesn't really lend itself to being loaded on a hand truck, especially since some of the bags may have stuff like produce. I have absolutely no idea what's in the bags, unless it's an insulated bag. The insulated bags have a sealed paper bag inside them - with a block or two of dry ice if there's frozen stuff. I don't get a packing slip or anything, just a slip of paper that shows the suggested order that I drop everything off in and how many bags are in each order.

It does look like Magna Cart has something that might work though.

Would a folding wagon work? Mine is pretty light and folds down smaller than our stroller.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Christine Brinkley is 62????? Holy poo poo even with the surgery how the gently caress can she still be so hot?
Susan Sarandon is 69 and hell if I wouldn't give that a shot.

sarcastx
Feb 26, 2005

Went car-shopping to replace my wife's Civic just before the new year - snagged a ridiculous deal on a Leaf for her which she's been enjoying a lot since. I gotta say, the immediate response, the quietness, the smoothness - I swear EVs are going to be the future of luxury at the very least (since you can afford to take the Tesla approach and just shove more batteries in).

That said, we looked at the new 2016 Civic - she's been driving Civics for 10+ years now so it made sense to check them out.

Why the gently caress is it so big? Why does Honda think they need two mid-sized sedans? Am I taking crazy pills?
At 182.3" long, it's longer than my '15 Forester XT!

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008
It's the trend of cars these days. Each generation keeps getting bigger and bigger. I noticed last night that modern F-150s are too long for some parking spots these days.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

CAT INTERCEPTOR posted:

Next time you see a picture of her, check the hands. Her face may not actually be 62 years old, but her hands definitely are.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Prime rib and eggs for breakfast. Not bad. Not bad at all.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Cage posted:

Twice my age. Still would.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

88h88 posted:

Twice my age. Still would.
Shes more than twice my age. :would:

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Wood.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

sarcastx posted:

Went car-shopping to replace my wife's Civic just before the new year - snagged a ridiculous deal on a Leaf for her which she's been enjoying a lot since. I gotta say, the immediate response, the quietness, the smoothness - I swear EVs are going to be the future of luxury at the very least (since you can afford to take the Tesla approach and just shove more batteries in).

That said, we looked at the new 2016 Civic - she's been driving Civics for 10+ years now so it made sense to check them out.

Why the gently caress is it so big? Why does Honda think they need two mid-sized sedans? Am I taking crazy pills?
At 182.3" long, it's longer than my '15 Forester XT!

They're just Accords now, pretty much. The "Civic" experience is now the Fit.

Siochain
May 24, 2005

"can they get rid of any humans who are fans of shitheads like Kanye West, 50 Cent, or any other piece of crap "artist" who thinks they're all that?

And also get rid of anyone who has posted retarded shit on the internet."

Cage posted:

gently caress yes. All this kerfluffle about her getup at the SAG's, and I'm like "poo poo, I'd hit it!". gently caress people thinking only young women are hot. Sarandon would likely give you a better run than any starlet :P

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
While we're in creeper mode you should all go google image search her daughter, Eva Amurri.

She...has her mothers assets.

edit: and is 30 just fyi

Cage fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Feb 5, 2016

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Elmnt80 posted:

I live about an hour north of there. There isn't poo poo for actual good driving roads in the area, but plenty of awesome ones for just going for a cruise on. Oh, and there is some place called sebring 3-4 hours away, but I dunno nuffin bout all that.
Yeah roads in Florida basically suck but that's fine. This is more of a cruise down, visit for a few days then drive back trip. Dad and I have been trying to make a Sebring race for a while and haven't had open schedules yet...one of these years.

Siochain posted:

gently caress yes. All this kerfluffle about her getup at the SAG's, and I'm like "poo poo, I'd hit it!". gently caress people thinking only young women are hot. Sarandon would likely give you a better run than any starlet :P
Older women are fun and know wtf they want

Cage posted:

I turned 30 today, does that make me old?

Nice short day at work today. Site is adding even more power for the next gen systems coming in a couple years so we shut everything down at 6, did some maintenance then got the hell out of there. lovely part is we'll probably get power back around noon Sunday and will be stuck there late into the night getting things powered back up.

Off to the garage for birthday squats (age reps x bodyweight all one set) because I don't feel like walking

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

sarcastx posted:

I admittedly am not current at all on the Honda line up but if I was only shown this photo and someone told me it was a Civic and NOT an Accord I would tell them they were full of crap. Every generation of Car X gets fatter. This is because consumers are stupid. When asked what they would want improved on their current car they say things like "I wish it had a bigger trunk, and more room in the back seat". Rather than telling them "Then you bought the wrong car you rear end clown, let me introduce you to a Camry/Accord/5 series" they take a great proportioned car for a given market segment and turn it into a fatty. The title of my E36 M3 is rated as a "Sub-Compact" for craps sake. The current 3 series is so huge it dwarfs a mid 90's 5 series.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

NitroSpazzz posted:

I turned 30 today, does that make me old?
Happy birthday! You can now use the phrase "back in my twenties" when telling a story.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Cage posted:

While we're in creeper mode you should all go google image search her daughter, Eva Amurri.

She...has her mothers assets.

I don't know anything about how their family manages wealth but she also has big boobs like her mom.

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

blk posted:

I don't know anything about how their family manages wealth but she also has big boobs like her mom.

lol

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

First time driving a RWD car in the snow. Way more slidey than my Cobalt, but way easier to correct when it did slide.

Got an interview next Friday with a conpany that fixes Xerox machines and poo poo.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Somewhat Heroic posted:

I admittedly am not current at all on the Honda line up but if I was only shown this photo and someone told me it was a Civic and NOT an Accord I would tell them they were full of crap. Every generation of Car X gets fatter. This is because consumers are stupid. When asked what they would want improved on their current car they say things like "I wish it had a bigger trunk, and more room in the back seat". Rather than telling them "Then you bought the wrong car you rear end clown, let me introduce you to a Camry/Accord/5 series" they take a great proportioned car for a given market segment and turn it into a fatty. The title of my E36 M3 is rated as a "Sub-Compact" for craps sake. The current 3 series is so huge it dwarfs a mid 90's 5 series.

Part of the reason I hate new cars

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

Somewhat Heroic posted:

Maybe it's a price thing too? Sure an accord or mid sized car would have been a better fit but they could only afford the civic. I'm probably grasping at straws though since that doesn't usually stop people from buying things that they can't afford.

BloodBag
Sep 20, 2008

WITNESS ME!

Super Aggro Crag posted:

First time driving a RWD car in the snow. Way more slidey than my Cobalt, but way easier to correct when it did slide.

Got an interview next Friday with a conpany that fixes Xerox machines and poo poo.

Looking forward to you pissily posting about how you thrashed a wheel on your genny while nailing a sick drift and feeling the euphoria of taking a turn at WOT in the snow. :allears:

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Today I thought I'd say bollocks to economy and drove my panda like I stole it. All 60hp of it :3:

It was great fun, revving the piss out of that little bastard. Then I got to a roundabout and violated commandments 1 through 10. I lifted. I got properly sideways in traffic and looked like a proper twat. Whoops. New tyres time I think. Didn't think I was going that fast honestly.

Bajaha
Apr 1, 2011

BajaHAHAHA.

Driving like a twat can actually be more fuel efficient in some cars.

And nothing is more fun than driving a slow car fast. :colbert:

Sandbagger SA
Aug 12, 2003

Giant Thighs.
Painted Threads.
Just Off the Highway.

Bajaha posted:

It's weird how some cars only feel like they're going fast once you get to 60 or 70 and others feel like they're flying when you are only going 40.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Bajaha posted:

Driving like a twat can actually be more fuel efficient in some cars.

So what you're saying is it needs a rotary swap, gotcha.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I don't know how my MPG could get anymore inefficient TBH.

Wrar
Sep 9, 2002

Soiled Meat

Bajaha posted:

People keep saying that, but there is a threshold where you get use to caning a pretty quick car and can't go back below a certain threshold.

Unless, of course, you become traction limited :getin:

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The only car company doing Things Right is Mazda.

The ND is wider but shorter than the NA. Weighs the same, too. :getin:

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Lol

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002

Phone posted:

The only car company doing Things Right is Mazda.

The ND is wider but shorter than the NA. Weighs the same, too. :getin:

And it looks a million times better than the NC.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

There's nothing quite like that feeling of your kid falling asleep in your arms :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

whalesteak posted:

Would a folding wagon work? Mine is pretty light and folds down smaller than our stroller.

That would work, but those are also kinda pricey. I may wind up with one anyway though, it's a bit more useful (for me) than the one I first posted.

Cakefool posted:

Blocks of dry ice in your car? Keep the ventilation running please :ohdear:

I keep the climate control on fresh air + keep a window open a bit whenever that poo poo is in my car.

• Locked thread