Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

boom boom boom posted:

the ending didn't really make sense. The bet was that if they couldn't make it a month, they'd have to sleep with an old man. They made it a month.

You don't understand the shows your'e watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

i flunked out posted:

they ended it with a second to spare because they didnt want to keep living in the suburbs.

But couldn't they have still left even after they'd won? Sure they'd be leaving a house with free rent, but they also wouldn't have to sleep with an old man for a year.

Then again at that point they were both probably too crazy to think rationally about their situation.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

i flunked out posted:

they ended it with a second to spare because they didnt want to keep living in the suburbs.

they could've just not lived there anymore. They lose nothing by tearing up the rent check and walking away after they won

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

boom boom boom posted:

the ending didn't really make sense. The bet was that if they couldn't make it a month, they'd have to sleep with an old man. They made it a month.
lol boom boom

boom boom boom posted:

they could've just not lived there anymore. They lose nothing by tearing up the rent check and walking away after they won
And they could have shut off the breaker that was powering the pump, they could have ripped the fire alarm from the ceiling. Logic was out the window, my man.

i repeat: lol boom boom

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Feb 4, 2016

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
I just assumed that they won the bet but couldn't live there anymore. Frank bought Dee the California King then Mac and Dennis moved back in with her. The black man, now you've got me saying it, the old man was just thrown in for comedic effect.

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Cojawfee posted:

I just assumed that they won the bet but couldn't live there anymore. Frank bought Dee the California King then Mac and Dennis moved back in with her. The black man, now you've got me saying it, the old man was just thrown in for comedic effect.

i change my answer to this

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

32MB OF ESRAM posted:

And they could have shut off the breaker that was powering the pump, they could have ripped the fire alarm from the ceiling. Logic was out the window, my man.

They also could have just bought earplugs or stayed in a hotel and said they were staying at the house (Frank wouldn't have known, he's not watching them every second) or at the very least taken turns either staying home and going to work so Mac wouldn't have gone so crazy being alone all day and Dennis could take a break from giving himself road rage.

But they didn't do those things, because Dennis and Mac are not very smart.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
I just assumed they wanted to make a good joke instead of autistically over-analyzing the punchline.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

The weirdest part is Dennis "going to work" as if they actually work

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
They also could have used the house in the suburbs as a party house a la the mansion Dennis's mom left him when she died and continued to live in the city full-time, but

Big Mean Jerk posted:

I just assumed they wanted to make a good joke instead of autistically over-analyzing the punchline.

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
they finally did a good episode this season, and it only took 5 tries!

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Mr. Unlucky posted:

What show are you watching?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Chardee Macdennis 2 is way better on rewatch. Worth it for the flag raising ceremony alone.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

Mr. Unlucky posted:

I think we're a solid 4/5. I'll take those odds.

deong
Jun 13, 2001

I'll see you in heck!

Cojawfee posted:

They won the bet, but Frank was going to pay a years rent of the suburb place, not just any years worth of rent. They couldn't handle it so they forfeited and lost.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

Super Aggro Crag posted:

Seize the gap you old fat bitch!

Dennis' road rage hits home. Having dealt with L.A. traffic, I can feel his pain.

Dead Precedents fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Feb 5, 2016

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Dead Precedents posted:

Dennis' road rage hits home. L.A. traffic is a bitch.

The road he's supposed to be on is the Schuylkill expressway, and any person who has that on a daily commute will completely sympathize with Dennis. I hate that road with a passion.

Dead Precedents
May 5, 2005

Precedents come and go, but death goes on forever.

AFewBricksShy posted:

The road he's supposed to be on is the Schuylkill expressway, and any person who has that on a daily commute will completely sympathize with Dennis. I hate that road with a passion.

Which is worse about it: people being assholes, people being slow, or it doesn't ever move?

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

Dead Precedents posted:

Which is worse about it: people being assholes, people being slow, or it doesn't ever move?

D) all of the above. It's been too small for 50 years and the only way to expand it is to add an upper deck, which would require an act of God to get into a budget. It's overcrowded, too small, and filled with morons.

I can be in center city in 25 minutes from where I grew up if it's 3am on a Sunday and there's no traffic. If there's traffic I can add anywhere from 35 minutes to an hour to that, sometimes more.

When we were looking for a house I pretty much nixed every neighborhood that would have required me to take the Schuylkill to get to work. (I wish I worked in center city so I could take the train in, but I work in the northern part of the city).

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
Love when Dennis flies into the culdesac and then immediately yells at the other person for tearing out of their driveway. CHILDREN PLAY HERE!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?

drunken officeparty posted:

The weirdest part is Dennis "going to work" as if they actually work
Yeah, my first reaction after they talk about the rent being around $1500 was "there's no way Paddy's is that profitable even if one member of the gang pockets everything."

Polygynous
Dec 13, 2006
welp
Yeah, gently caress the Schuylkill Expressway. You think Dennis was being crazy? You don't know poo poo. :v:

e: Like PA highways are godawful to begin with but it's the main route from the west into a million plus population city and it's only four lanes mostly with no median and barely a shoulder.

Polygynous fucked around with this message at 08:04 on Feb 5, 2016

thrakkorzog
Nov 16, 2007

phosdex posted:

I liked that episode. Loveline also popped into my head when I heard the smoke detector going off.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who thought about Loveline when hearing the smoke detector beeping. That is the world's easiest home improvement project, and people can't be bothered.

Mac and Dennis are the type of people who call into Loveline, and expect Adam Carrolla and Dr Drew to fix their lives.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Illinois Smith posted:

Yeah, my first reaction after they talk about the rent being around $1500 was "there's no way Paddy's is that profitable even if one member of the gang pockets everything."

I'm pretty sure that Frank is secretly a made man and he's been laundering money through Paddy's/the gangs antics for years now.

reitetsu
Sep 27, 2009

Should you find yourself here one day... In accordance with your crimes, you can rest assured I will give you the treatment you deserve.

David D. Davidson posted:

I'm pretty sure that Frank is secretly a made man and he's been laundering money through Paddy's/the gangs antics for years now.

Plus, he just fracked a mountain so that probably added to his big money pile.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I wonder if that was actually Glenn Howertons butt

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

It was a very good episode

drunken officeparty posted:

I wonder if that was actually Glenn Howertons butt

Probably, the staff thinks it's hilarious to get naked (usually they just get devito naked though)

conrack
Oct 4, 2006
I've got to watch it again, a little bit into it I started paying more attention to all the poo poo in the background that they never called attention to, like the piling trash, air fresheners, and the evolution of the TV wall.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Yeah, I haven't been the biggest fan of the season so far but they were really firing on all cylinders for this one. The "Black man" vs "Old man" stuff was prime Always Sunny.

Has anyone made an "Because I HATE YOUUUUU" gif yet?

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

spoon0042 posted:

Yeah, gently caress the Schuylkill Expressway. You think Dennis was being crazy? You don't know poo poo. :v:

e: Like PA highways are godawful to begin with but it's the main route from the west into a million plus population city and it's only four lanes mostly with no median and barely a shoulder.

Yep. And there's this curve:

That, coupled with the inability of 95% of drivers to simply sustain speed through a curve instead of mashing their brakes results in constant traffic jams. If it's rush hour, you're hosed, the whole thing moves at about 10mph. If it's a weekend, you're hosed, the whole thing moves at about 15mph. If it's one of those times where everyone's at work and not trying to get into the city for a show or a game, well, your odds of being hosed and stuck in crawling traffic the whole way in are about 80%.

It's a serious shitshow of a highway.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
This was the most hosed up Mac episode out of a long list of Mac episodes. The dude became a trash hoarder, let a dog starve to death, fed it to his roommate, destroyed a rental property, stalked his roommate, didn't go to work or do anything at home so he was essentially a squatter, and tried to initiate a weird pseudo-family.

Like Mac's a closeted homosexual, whatever, but has he ever been this psychotic before now? Idiot man-child aside, all the stuff from this episode would win those worst roommate story threads by a large margin.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Doltos posted:

This was the most hosed up Mac episode out of a long list of Mac episodes. The dude became a trash hoarder, let a dog starve to death, fed it to his roommate, destroyed a rental property, stalked his roommate, didn't go to work or do anything at home so he was essentially a squatter, and tried to initiate a weird pseudo-family.

Like Mac's a closeted homosexual, whatever, but has he ever been this psychotic before now? Idiot man-child aside, all the stuff from this episode would win those worst roommate story threads by a large margin.

He didn't actually feed the dog to Dennis, it was "a cry for help".

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

I was initially hoping poppins would actually be the dog, but then they couldn't have done the jokes that they did (because he's indestructible) so it's good they went with a random instead

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Doltos posted:

Mac didn't want to stay home, Dennis forced him to.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
He's definitely farther off the deep end in this episode than previous ones, but he does get weirdly obsessed with hosting/homemaker stuff. Couple that with the fact that he's receiving no validation from Dennis and he's got nothing to do all day with his natural energy (and unnatural energy from size pills), and this suburbs situation was sort of a perfect storm to bring Mac to his breaking point.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Honestly I can't understand anyone who can watch this episode and come out at the end thinking Mac is "the crazy one" lol

PantsBandit fucked around with this message at 16:46 on Feb 5, 2016

many johnnys
May 17, 2015

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Mac didn't want to stay home, Dennis forced him to.

haha because Dennis didn't want to listen to his mix for an hour, and Mac didn't want to listen to Dennis' music either

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

conrack posted:

I've got to watch it again, a little bit into it I started paying more attention to all the poo poo in the background that they never called attention to, like the piling trash, air fresheners, and the evolution of the TV wall.

The top of a TV should be at eye level for comfortable watching. I take more offence at how high he mounted it over the holes in the wall.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

The top of a TV should be at eye level for comfortable watching. I take more offence at how high he mounted it over the holes in the wall.

It's standard for people to hang TVs like a painting. 15 feet across the room and high up on the wall.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

PantsBandit posted:

Honestly I can't understand anyone who can watch this episode and come out at the end thinking Mac is "the crazy one" lol

Oh Dennis is clearly the most unstable out of the gang, but they're all lunatics. I think he comes off as more crazy because he's totally in denial about who he is, which leads to these bursts of unreasonable rage from someone who sees himself as a cool, young playboy.