Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
different guy but this is a long-form version of the same concept. it's good also
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q70kB25_Waw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

My initial reaction was to just emptyquote this with :chanpop: but upon further reflection there are no smilies which could possibly convey an appropriate response. Wow.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I watched the first 20 seconds of this and then stopped because I'm not interested in someone being deliberately wrong over and over.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.

Elyv posted:

I watched the first 20 seconds of this and then stopped because I'm not interested in someone being deliberately wrong over and over.

Please watch the rest.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
Why isn't this on scg.

Better yet why isn't he doing pro tour coverage

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

GonSmithe posted:

Please watch the rest.

Done. My conclusion remains unchanged.

Dinosaur Satan
Oct 27, 2005

Helen, I'll love you always.
More highlights:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DyAIpuzLwg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ABR63HP26Tw

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
They must have been paying him some paltry amount per video, regardless of quality. That's the only way this makes sense.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It's clearly fake and I love it

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Sickening posted:

I really liked devotion and other mono colored strategies of standards past. :(

If only packrat and revelation didn't exist, that format could have been really balanced and good.

Nykthos was loving busted and that format would not have been balanced and good without removing it more so than any other card.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

They must have been paying him some paltry amount per video, regardless of quality. That's the only way this makes sense.

Oh wow you've cracked the Expert Village model wide open

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

rabidsquid posted:

Nykthos was loving busted and that format would not have been balanced and good without removing it more so than any other card.

I miss Nykthos.

Specifically, I miss T1 Forest Elvish Mystic, T2, BTE BTE BTE, Nykthos, Garruk, minus, Worldspine Wurm.

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
LSV drafting a deck consisting entirely of Zada's Commandos and Saddleback Lagacs

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Barry Shitpeas posted:

LSV drafting a deck consisting entirely of Zada's Commandos and Saddleback Lagacs

5/5 flavor deck.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

What the gently caress is this draft watch format!? No-one wants to see BDM and Reid Duke overlayed over an incredibly washed out video feed

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I love WOTC production. They appear to have accidentally started on pack two of the prerocorded draft.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

LightReaper posted:

What the gently caress is this draft watch format!? No-one wants to see BDM and Reid Duke overlayed over an incredibly washed out video feed

Sounds like WotC and technology.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

Count Bleck posted:

Sounds like WotC and technology.
As if on queue :suicide:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
They are about to rewind, which I good because I think they said he picked the vampire when I'm pretty sure he took Spawnbinder Mage.

LightReaper
May 3, 2007

BizarroAzrael posted:

They are about to rewind, which I good because I think they said he picked the vampire when I'm pretty sure he took Spawnbinder Mage.
Ian duke: "Just to be clear, he definitely took the envoy?"
bdm: "Yeah"
me: :argh:

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I missed the start of LSV's draft, did Mina and Denn make it round to him?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
Shuhei shuffling the cards around keeps messing with the stream quality

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yeah, he started RW, picked up a speculative Lagac 4th pick and then in the next two packs got another Lagac and M&D

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

BizarroAzrael posted:

Yes

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

I somehow managed to get two M&Ds in my last draft, the card owns. Ended up grabbing a pile of Valakut Predators and the red ETB land to make two 6/6 trampling first strikers every turn

e: my main regret is I didn't get any fertile thickets, just because I could've stacked my entire library in pretty short order

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 15:58 on Feb 5, 2016

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013

LightReaper posted:

Ian duke: "Just to be clear, he definitely took the envoy?"
bdm: "Yeah"
me: :argh:

haha they missed it the second time too

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

I feel like they should have pointed out how good Eldrazi Displacer is specifically with Support creatures.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
The best draft deck is b/w. Everyone at the table is attempting to jam b/w and LSV drafts what looks to be an unbeatable r/g.

I do love the pt.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

So does anyone know what happened with Efro and CFB? He's been posting some status updates talking about how he isn't interested in Magic really anymore professionally and something happened between him and people he thought were friends.

Yawgmoth
Sep 10, 2003

This post is cursed!

LightReaper posted:

As if on queue :suicide:
Cue: A moment (seemingly) planned in advance.
Queue: The line you stand in when waiting at the checkout.
Que: Spanish conjunction/pronoun.

This has been your Phyrexian Language Guide. :eng101:

MiddleEastBeast
Jan 19, 2003

Forum Bully

GonSmithe posted:

So does anyone know what happened with Efro and CFB? He's been posting some status updates talking about how he isn't interested in Magic really anymore professionally and something happened between him and people he thought were friends.

Where? His Twitter looks normal.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Haha, LSV just rolled it. His deck is bananas.

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

MiddleEastBeast posted:

Where? His Twitter looks normal.

https://www.facebook.com/EFroPoker/posts/10102528803499326?pnref=story

quote:

At that point a little over 24 hours before the Pro Tour where my head legitimately hurts from staring at a computer screen 17 hours per day too often, so it's gonna slow down from here on out. Feel good about what I've accomplished. Think I've done a good job of solving Limited formats for some time now and hoping this is no different. I'm pretty proud of myself and generally content with everything, which isn't something I anticipated.

Pretty common throughout my life to associate far more value to the Pro Tour and my finish than I ever should. In the end, it really doesn't matter. It's a tournament that has a ton of variance, so doing the best I can is all that matters. I'm certainly upset at how much respect I've lost for a number of people I really cared a lot about, and that's a horrible feeling for anyone to experience, but the tournament itself is going to be good. The results are so far away from defining my life and myself anymore, and that's a pretty fantastic place to be. Win or lose, I get to go home to the girls I love, Athena and Honey, and my life is going to continue being great.

But I would also love to do well! 6-0 in draft one time??

And he wasn't on the CFB team at the GP.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Yeah Efro seems to be pretty positive about MTG lately. He was rightfully mad about F8 on modo and some sports gambling related stuff but I haven't seen anything abnormal

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

I would just assume it was Owen.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

E-Fro? More like E-Mo!!! Am i rite?

mcmagic fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Feb 5, 2016

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

Emo is extremely good and cool, try listening to the new The World Is a Beautiful Place & I Am No Longer Afraid to Die album

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy
Any chance of a slow play warning there? No?

Barry Shitpeas
Dec 17, 2003

there is no need
to be upset

Winner POTM July 2013
They didn't pick it up on the commentary but Luis got the win there by assigning all the combat damage to the Cutthroat so Jacob didn't get the extra death trigger which would have put him at 1.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
emo is soooooo 2000's, scene is what's hot now

• Locked thread