Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

more here, no facebook required

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Which five teenage Pokemon with spunk do I recruit to assemble the best Pokemon Rangers team? Currently have Bisharp as Red but have no idea for the other 4, except maybe shiny Bisharp for blue but that feels like a copout.

Cicadas!
Oct 27, 2010

Bisharp's the bad guy though!

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

pandaK posted:

Which five teenage Pokemon with spunk do I recruit to assemble the best Pokemon Rangers team? Currently have Bisharp as Red but have no idea for the other 4, except maybe shiny Bisharp for blue but that feels like a copout.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%E9mon_by_color

Just click the colors you're looking for and pick which ever one is the most power Ranger-ish

Edit: I recommend Audino for pink and electivire for yellow.

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Ledian, Shiny Bisharp, Slowking, Electivire, Banette, and Golurk as the Megazord. It's plan can't fail.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Tyrantrum, Mamoswine, Bastiodon, Archeops, Liepard, and your choice of Dragonite, Probopass, or Claydol

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Cicadas! posted:

Bisharp's the bad guy though!

but it's the only one that really fits the red ranger...

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Pok%E9mon_by_color

Just click the colors you're looking for and pick which ever one is the most power Ranger-ish

gallade seems like a really good overall choice for both the Green and White Ranger since Tommy swaps between the two

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!

pandaK posted:

but it's the only one that really fits the red ranger...

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
That's obviously a Rider smh

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
Bisharp is Dark and the Red Ranger must always be an upstanding paragon of justice.

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

Poliwrath, Ampharos, Cacturne could be blue yellow and green.

Also this Detective Pikachu game had better come over here, it looks great. Apparently Pikachu is a coffee fiend.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

Okay, can someone help me out here to test out the legality of my mons? I'd just need someone to hop into a few battles with me just so I know I can take them online. ORAS would be preferred.
fc: 4313-0193-8878

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Who wants a Mew? I've got one code.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Nth Doctor posted:

Who wants a Mew? I've got one code.

I'd love one

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

jivjov posted:

I'd love one

Sent

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Thanks so much

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

It's super effective!

jivjov posted:

Thanks so much

You're welcome. :hfive:

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Anyone have any iOS app advice? Looking for a nice Pokedex on iOS, but there is just a ton of shovelware on there. It's an easy enough database that so many people have wrapped it in a trashy interface and tried to peddle it on the app store, with giant ads.

Anyone have one they recommend? Hopefully one that is updated, and seems to get updates regularly enough? Don't care if it's a paid app or what, just want something that isn't poo poo, or going to make me insane with their horrible interface or giant ads.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~
Whatever lineup we get to with the Might Morphin Pokemon Rangers, can we agree on which monster they should fight?

It's the role he was born to play.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

if i keep getting disconnected from an online battle during pokemon select, does that mean my pokemon aren't legal?

e: read somewhere that that may be the issue. I'm thinking the issue may have been me just letting the editor auto put all the moves into the relearn category.

ee: yeah seems like this is one of the key offenders, tried only having egg and tutor moves in the relearn list and it became legal. poo poo, I wish I'd known of this before I went and generated like three whole boxes of mons, this is going to be another pain to fix up

Futaba Anzu fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Feb 4, 2016

Mr. Creakle
Apr 27, 2007

Protecting your virginity

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Anyone have any iOS app advice? Looking for a nice Pokedex on iOS, but there is just a ton of shovelware on there. It's an easy enough database that so many people have wrapped it in a trashy interface and tried to peddle it on the app store, with giant ads.

Anyone have one they recommend? Hopefully one that is updated, and seems to get updates regularly enough? Don't care if it's a paid app or what, just want something that isn't poo poo, or going to make me insane with their horrible interface or giant ads.

I like Dexter. The ads are unnoticeable and don't block anything, and it allows you to check off and hide caught pokemon. I'm using it as a reference for my living dex.

EDIT this is for my android, not sure if it's on iOS.

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

Cuckoo posted:

I like Dexter. The ads are unnoticeable and don't block anything, and it allows you to check off and hide caught pokemon. I'm using it as a reference for my living dex.

Tried to search out an app named Dexter on iOS, this look like the android one you're referring to? I got a LOT of hits for the TV Series. :(

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dexter-a-pokedex/id839232239?mt=8

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Cuckoo posted:

I use that app myself! Annoyingly, it doesn't have the move tutor moves from ORAS in it, unless it does and I'm being dumb.

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Tried to search out an app named Dexter on iOS, this look like the android one you're referring to? I got a LOT of hits for the TV Series. :(

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/dexter-a-pokedex/id839232239?mt=8

Nah, the one on Android is by Awestruck.

.TakaM
Oct 30, 2007

I have a spare Mew code:
code:
E528 3TW4 LWTN HEP6
probably only gonna work for someone in NZ/AUS though

.TakaM fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 5, 2016

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

22 more days

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Mewtwo's birthday is tomorrow. I hope you all remembered to get him something nice.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

SilverSupernova posted:

Mewtwo's birthday is tomorrow. I hope you all remembered to get him something nice.

I got him nothing while he rots in my PokeBank.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

whats that is it pokemon z

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Super No Vacancy posted:

whats that is it pokemon z

Smh dude. Red and Blue on the eshop.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

why would i want those

Urdnot Fire
Feb 13, 2012

If you're like me and haven't upgraded to the New 3DS yet, because they come with those sweet faceplates of course :v:

Not overly hyped for the games themselves. As others have said, the first two generations are just so SLOW without Dodrio mode, and I'm not sure how much I'll be into messing around with the jankiness either. It still could be a fun peek at the first non-PC games I played, though, even if my nostalgia isn't as strong as others' (especially when I can compare it to HGSS's Kanto).

Still, this and upcoming stuff like Pokken are still giving me a fair enough fix, even though I hope they finally announce Z soon.

Urdnot Fire fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Feb 5, 2016

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I adored rby when I was a kid but I dunno that I ever want to go back to those games as they were. it'd be a rough transition

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

I adored rby when I was a kid but I dunno that I ever want to go back to those games as they were. it'd be a rough transition

Having replayed them on carts recently, they are certainly playable, but you have to treat them as their own thing. And as others have noted, having access to an N64 and a copy of Stadium made replaying them much more palatable.

The fun about playing them these days is mainly pulling up that list of buggy poo poo wrong with the games and exploiting the hell out of it, as well as doing the Mew glitch and stuff. It's more fun to break the games than actually play them these days, honestly.

I'll consider the rereleases a bad purchase if they fix those bugs, honestly.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

They're not going to fix the bugs and I want to be able to play the game with people and trade and battle and stuff. You people can keep your fancy shmancy Pokemon amie and held item nonsense. I'll have the balanced Hyper Beam and crit rate mechanics and glitchy infinite Rare Candies.

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe
lol good luck using hyper beam i have a fast pokemon with wrap

SilverSupernova
Feb 1, 2013

Elfgames posted:

lol good luck using hyper beam i have a fast pokemon with wrap

Good luck with that when I have a Dugtrio with Slash and Fissure.

Thwack!
Aug 14, 2010

Ability: Shadow Tag
The Leech Seed/Toxic combo and X-Accuracies working with OHKO moves are among my favourite things about RBY. If they fix those I will be really upset.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's doubtful that they've fixed anything. I was hoping that they had got the link cable emulation working over the internet, but it seems it's local only.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Actually fixing things would have been way more work so it's definitely not happening.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kabira Kaboom
Jan 13, 2007
The plate is elegant.
College Slice
I have an extra Mew code from GameStop. Let me know if you're interested in it, and I can PM you the code. I should have known that I would be limited to one event Mew.

• Locked thread