Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sabby23
Nov 10, 2010

Stay fresh!
Nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.
BUnch of sammich buffs too. I am so happy.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

There's the Roy I know and love.

That stupid fishing event is back goddammit death to America:

quote:

February is less than a week away, and Valentine's Day is nearly upon us. It's time to find some affection, cozy up to your friends and... go fishing! We have a special Fishing event for Valentine's Day and an event tailor made to anyone looking to try out Karok's new and improved arsenal of abilities!
Valentine's Day Fishing Event

As Valentine's Day approaches, a new fishing event has arrived! The owls on the fishing boats will have a special, event-only fishing pole (with 100 uses) that can be purchased for 5,000 Gold once per day. When used while fishing, this new Fishing Pole has a chance to fish up the new Valentine's Day Pouch.

This pouch will always contain two items: One Valentine's Ticket and another random item, ranging from Sweet Chocolate that restores HP and STA, HP Potions, Element Stones, Fine Bath Soaps, Enhancement Stones and more. While these pouches can contain plenty of useful items, the Valentine's Tickets are the most useful...

These tickets can be turned in at the Exchange Shop for a variety of useful items, including an Enchant Rune, Enhancement Rune, Dye Ampoules and more, including the grand prize, a Cupid Familiar item!

This event will run until February 17th, so grab your poles and make sure to bait them like a master! And stop laughing.
code:
Event Name 	Valentine's Day Fishing Event
Event Start 	Wednesday, January 27th, 2016 (End of Maintenance)
Event End 	Wednesday, February 17th, 2016 (Start of Maintenance)
What 	

Purchase Valentine's Day Fishing Poles on Fishing Boats to be able to fish for Valentine's Day Pouches
    Open Valentine's Day Pouches for Valentine's Day Tickets and additional items
    Turn in Valentine's Day Tickets for special prizes!

Rewards 	

Valentine's Day Tickets:

200x Tickets: 1x Cupid Familiar
    300x Tickets: 1x Enchant Rune (once per account)
    300x Tickets: 1x Enhancement Rune (once per account)
    200x Tickets: 1x Avatar Dye Ampoule (once per character)
    200x Tickets: 1x Clodagh's Dye Ampoule (once per character)
    150x Tickets: 1x Armor Fusion Rune (once per character)
    100x Tickets: 20x Merc Recovery Potions
    100x Tickets: 5x Divine Blessing Stones

Valentine's Day Pouches: 1x Ticket + One of the following:

1x Sweet Chocolate
    1x Element Stone
    1x Fine or Regular Rose, Matcha or Honey Bath Soap
    1x Channel or Server Megaphone
    1x Experience, AP or Luck Blessing Stone
    1x Lambent Powder
    1x Spirit Water
    1x Magic Stone
    1x Element Shard
    1x Element Stone Catalyst
    1x Average Shattered, Spirit Water, Magic Stone or Lambent Element Stone
    1x Magic or Blessed Magic Elixir
    1x Magic Elixir of Life
    1x Merc or Party Merc Recovery Potion
    1x HP, Fine HP or Superior HP Potion
    1x Stamina Potion
    1x Attack Boost Potion
    1x Magic or Blessed Magic Powder
    1x Iron, Fine Iron, Superior iron, Exquisite Iron or Godly Iron Ore
    1x Enhancement, Advanced Enhancement, Epic Enhancement, Empowered Enhancement or Paradise Enhancement Stone
    1x Fury, Superior Fury or Exquisite Fury Stimulant
    1x Ironhide, Superior Ironhide or Exquisite Ironhide Stimulant
    1x Weapon Durability Protection (Regular, Superior or Exquisite)
    1x Armor Durability Protection (Regular, Superior or Exquisite)
    1x Accessory Durability Protection (Regular, Superior or Exquisite)

Notes 	

Cupid Familiar is a Head Gear item, and can have its appearance transferred onto another Head item with an Armor Fusion Rune
    Tickets will no longer be useful when the event completes with the February 17th maintenance
My favorite thing about the fishing event is that it forces you to not play the game. Good times. At least you could run raids or talk to NPCs while collecting Login Appreciation Tickets.

Also: A fuller changelog.In addition to the Karok Revamp and the bug fixes, there's more info on the Season 2 revamp.

quote:

Season 2 Improvements

With the Karok Unleashed update, we've also taken a closer look at Season 2, most notably with level requirements and rewards. With so many characters starting out Season 2 past Level 70 and Season 3 being ideal for level 85-90 characters, it only made sense to scale up the difficulty, the level requirements and more.

The first, and most obvious, change relates to the selectable difficulties. With the Karok Unleashed Update, all Season 2 battles will have the following three difficulties, in addition to the unchanged Heroic difficulty:
  • Easy: Available to Level 70 and above characters
  • 70-79: Available to Level 70 and above characters
  • 80-90: Available to Level 80 and above characters
With the level increases comes additional benefits: EXP rewards have been increased to properly reward your efforts in battle, helping to get everyone up to Level 90.

There's been a few other tweaks as well. Enemies in Season 2 Battles will now scale with the size of the incoming party, increasing their health as the party grows larger without punishing solo players. A number of Quest Bosses have been placed in different areas, closer to the start of the dungeon, to reduce the amount of backtracking and non-bosses needed to be fought.

We look forward to seeing your feedback on the revised Season 2, especially with some other changes that have arrived.
Not gonna lie: Extra exp is enough to tempt me to run Season 2 dungeons on my alts.

There's also a login event in there:

quote:

The Strange Traveler's Warm Welcome

The Strange Traveler is the giving sort, and now more than ever! He's brought in a wide selection of goodies that he's handing out, or selling, to those that come to him every day, and some new and intensely useful items can be gotten this way!

Every day you login, you'll find a Warm Welcome Ticket in the mail. This can be used to purchase a Warm Welcome Box from the Strange Traveler's new store. The Warm Welcome Box contains an AP 50 Capsule and a Kitty Encouragement Potion, which will boost your HP by 1,000 and ATT/M.ATT by 500 for a single battle.

The Strange Traveler is also selling three new Secret Boxes. Purchasable once a day for 10,000 - 30,000 Gold, these boxes contain three things: a Shining Kitty Ticket, an AP 30 Capsule and a random utility item such as Erg Crystals, Durability Protection, Party Merc Recovery Potions, Fine Bath Soaps or one of the Strange Traveler's new gifts:
  • Secret Box 1: 20 Exclusive Titles, including "Keyboard Warrior", "Fancypants" and "Do Unto Others"
  • Secret Box 2: Exclusive, Permanent Jewelry Accessories, the Kitty Broach, Blue Kitty Broach and White Kitty Broach
  • Secret Box 3: New Invisible Avatar items, the Packaged Lightfoot, Packaged Fists of Steel and Packages Featherweight, and exclusive, Permanent Necklaces, including the Kitty Necklace, Blue Kitty Necklace and White Kitty Necklace
While none of the Titles have any stats, the new Avatar Items have some special bonuses of their own! In addition to serving as a standard Avatar item for the set bonuses, the Lightfoot Boots Avatar item grants +5-10% Town Movement Speed bonus, the Fists of Steel Gloves grants a +10-30 DEF bonus and the Featherweight helm Avatar item grants +10-50 HP

These new items and titles can also be found in the Shining Box, which can be purchased in exchange for 50 Shining Kitty Tickets. What's even better is that there's no time limit on the Strange Traveler's generosity, these items are here for good! Collect all 20 titles and grab the best of the items! Just remember to check your mail, because that message will expire after 24 hours!
The accessories look pretty decent for cheap gear. I also really hope secret box 1 can't give the same title multiple times. That would suck. Here are the titles, by the way.

Turns out a lot of the irritating bosses in this game aren't meant to be complete shitheads:

quote:

Boss Difficulty Rebalancing

While Vindictus' bosses are hardly meant to be easy, some of them are a bit more powerful than we intended. To keep the difficulty curve as smooth as possible, we've made the following changes to Bosses throughout Vindictus:
code:
    Witch Doctor Klaus
        Klaus will no longer Charge enemies at close range
        Klaus will no longer use his Meteor attack at enemies at close to medium range
    Spider Queen
        The Spider Queen can now only spawn Queen's Soldier Spiders once every 60 seconds
        The Spider Queen will no longer burrow until she is below 50% health
    Shadow Shaman Ingkara
        Ingkara can now only summon the Shadow Ingkara once every 90 seconds
        Ingkara's fireball now has a slight delay when being cast, increasing the possibility of dodging it
    Silberin
        Silberin will no longer teleport to enemies far away, instead reappearing in his original location
        Silberin can now only summon his Golem once every 60 seconds
    Legtrap Kaula
        Legtrap Kaula's berserk state (caused by killing Blackwing) is significantly less powerful
        Triana Honey speed debuff is now less severe
    Blackwing
        Blackwing's berserk state (caused by killing Legtrap Kaula) is significantly less powerful
        Damage area for the sting attack has been reduced
    Hive Queen
        Now pauses briefly after her poison cloud attack
        Damage area for the sting attack has been reduced
        The Hive Queen will now periodically hesitate, creating an attackable opening
    Deathchief Kielu
        [70-79/80-90] Deathchief Kielu will no longer knock-down enemies with attacks besides her Tail Lash attack
        [70-79/80-90] Overall damage reduced
    Mad Willy Flint
        Will no longer fire the black gust at players in close range
        Poisonous Fog now lasts 6 seconds (down from 20 seconds)
        Will now hesitate after his firing out his wave of swords
    Longboot Matty
        Poison Field will now deal significantly less damage per tick, but ticks much faster
        Damage of his Bullet attack has been reduced and will not knock-down players
    Barnacle Bill Simmons
        5-Slash Attack damage has been reduced and will not knock-down players
        11-Slash Attack damage has been reduced, except for the final swing, and only the final attack will knock-down players
    Muckrot Monark
        Mine explosion area of effect has been reduced
        Mines will not be resummoned until they are triggered or they despawn on their own
        [70-79] Muckrot Monark can now only summon a clone once every 150 seconds
        [80-90] Muckrot Monark can now only summon a clone once every 120 seconds
    Iset
        Damage of her two main attacks has been significantly reduced
    Bark No. 1
        Healing done by the Machine Arm has been reduced
    Cromm Cruaich
        Crom Cruaich can now only use his dash attack once every 30 seconds
        Physical attack damage has been decreased overall and will not knock-down as often
        The summoned Phantom's HP has been reduced
        Statue HP has been reduced
        Statue summoning action is now slower and easier to identify
    Braha
        The damage penalty for attacking the wrong Braha has been reduced:
            Vigor/Skilled 3: 75% Damage
            Vigor/Skilled 4: 70% Damage
            Vigor/Skilled 5: 65% Damage
    Lord Glas Ghaibhleann
        Final attack in his long attack chain can now be dodged
I'm liking all of these changes. The only thing that's missing is a tweak to Crummy Crotch so it's possible to survive Conflagration without being some kind of savant.

Finally:

quote:

Chat Window Improvements

We've gone back to the drawing board with the Chat Window and turned out a new version, giving you better control of the window and improving its appearance and functionality, adding emoticons, private chat and more. It may not seem like the most important feature to focus on, but these improvements should make chatting with your friends and meeting up for battle even easier.
Goody, no more going to the Friends window to do proper 1:1 chats.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 04:39 on Jan 28, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Well maybe ship gy might be worth doing if half the bosses aren't total bullshit.

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
I wonder what the drop chance on the actual good items is but with my luck I'll shovel gold into the guy every day and get poo poo every time.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Does anyone know yet how the new S2 brackets work? Is the old 70-80 mode unchanged as "hero mode" and the new 70-79 and 80-90 brackets are both easier versions?

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Bakalakadaka posted:

Does anyone know yet how the new S2 brackets work? Is the old 70-80 mode unchanged as "hero mode" and the new 70-79 and 80-90 brackets are both easier versions?
I did an 80-90 kraken and it seemed to be around as hard as the old 70-80 kraken. I also started an Easy (70-90) Twilight Desert run to kill Advisor Shamir for a quest. Turns out Easy is still easy and he went down in two hits. I'm going to guess 70-80 is somewhere in between the two in difficulty.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

I did an 80-90 kraken and it seemed to be around as hard as the old 70-80 kraken. I also started an Easy (70-90) Twilight Desert run to kill Advisor Shamir for a quest. Turns out Easy is still easy and he went down in two hits. I'm going to guess 70-80 is somewhere in between the two in difficulty.

From this I'm guessing they changed absolutely nothing except the level brackets for 5069 and 7080 which sounds like exactly what I would expect from nexon lmfao.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Bakalakadaka posted:

From this I'm guessing they changed absolutely nothing except the level brackets for 5069 and 7080 which sounds like exactly what I would expect from nexon lmfao.

They made a whole bunch of changes to the bosses, and it seems like they reduced the overall HP for most of them, but yes, it does not appear that they made any changes to drop tables, and that 70-79 is just 50-69 and 80-89 is 70-80

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Too bad they didn't reduce the amount of running in circles chasing chests in the S2 battles. I like the fights in TD but man it's like 10 minutes of fighting and an hour of running around.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

Too bad they didn't reduce the amount of running in circles chasing chests in the S2 battles. I like the fights in TD but man it's like 10 minutes of fighting and an hour of running around.

At least in story mode, they supposedly moved the bosses. I don't know why they wouldn't have moved them for non-story mode as well.

TD and Misty/Moonlight are so loving long.

CMI is a huge pain, but I solo'd it on sammich last night in about 20-25 minutes, which sin't bad.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

At least in story mode, they supposedly moved the bosses. I don't know why they wouldn't have moved them for non-story mode as well.

CMI is a huge pain, but I solo'd it on sammich last night in about 20-25 minutes, which sin't bad.

CMI and ship aren't too bad on running unless you get real lovely chest order or no machas. They both had several super bullshit annoying bosses that all got nerfed though, which is good. TD and moonpeaks bosses are pretty reasonable except that loving bomb gremlin.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

CMI and ship aren't too bad on running unless you get real lovely chest order or no machas. They both had several super bullshit annoying bosses that all got nerfed though, which is good. TD and moonpeaks bosses are pretty reasonable except that loving bomb gremlin.

Did they nerf Ikrum, because good loving god.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

Did they nerf Ikrum, because good loving god.

I don't think they touched any td bosses beyond fixing some bugs. Ikrium isn't bullshit he's just hard. Except for when he hits you 4 times with one attack that's kind of bullshit.

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

Bakalakadaka posted:

I don't think they touched any td bosses beyond fixing some bugs. Ikrium isn't bullshit he's just hard. Except for when he hits you 4 times with one attack that's kind of bullshit.

I was more thinking that his level of difficulty is a little hard for 70-ish equipment; but I guess that's solved by havign you fight him on essentially 50-69 for the same xp as 70-80.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

I finally got my Fiona to 90. A full set of purple Braha gear increased my ATT by 1300 and my DEF by 1700 and I haven't even improved any of it. It's gonna be nice to start using these Paradise enhancement stones.

Also of interest: There is a goat in God of Death.

kaempfer0080
Aug 22, 2011

Certified Weeb

Is the OP still accurate in terms of Guilds on East? Haven't played this game in so long, checking out Arisha now. Anyone play on East or is everyone in Diabetic Dogs?

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

kaempfer0080 posted:

Is the OP still accurate in terms of Guilds on East? Haven't played this game in so long, checking out Arisha now. Anyone play on East or is everyone in Diabetic Dogs?

Yes as in there's no SA-affiliated guild on east. I play there but mostly logging for the afk events.

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

It turns out there's a nice bug/exploit with fishing that allows you to use the event fishing poles indefinitely to get a billion event boxes of garbage.

You know, in case you don't want to actually play the game.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

Bakalakadaka posted:

It turns out there's a nice bug/exploit with fishing that allows you to use the event fishing poles indefinitely to get a billion event boxes of garbage.

You know, in case you don't want to actually play the game.

Title change requested to Fishing sim.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

http://vindictuscosplaylibarydatabase.tumblr.com/

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Well, sleep is overrated, anyway. :catstare:

Pooncha fucked around with this message at 09:26 on Feb 5, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Do not anger Black Tornado III.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
I don't know how well the new greatsword lady will actually play, but she is the first new character I'm excited about.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

BI NOW GAY LATER posted:

It's you who gets moved around for your convenience, not the bosses. What happens in story battles is this: You start in section A, enter the portal to section B, and get teleported to a section that's one section away from the target boss. Now you don't have to cross several maps that contain nothing but trash mobs.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 00:38 on Feb 6, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

It's you who gets moved around for your convenience, not the bosses. What happens in story battles is this: You start in section A, enter the portal to section B, and get teleported to a section that's one section away from the target boss. Now you don't have to cross several maps that contain nothing but trash mobs.

This is acceptable.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

The post-Iset story battle might be the only one where you lose something by cutting out the filler. Running across the desert without encountering any mummies or reapers was surprisingly poignant.

EDIT: Score another victory for Evie. I was fighting Muir and wore him down until I got the "hit him in the back to win" message. He started his five-hit combo and right in the middle of it my wisp moved in and knocked him off the ledge :owned:

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Feb 9, 2016

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Nexon is putting stuff on sale for Valentine's Day. Whatever. I won't say much because it's just a sale.

Meanwhile: Gallagher's stupid dice game is back, rookie!

quote:

Gallagher's special board game is back for another round, and we've got a new round of prizes for you! Raid bosses throughout Vindictus on Normal or higher difficulty will drop Gallagher's Dice, giving you a roll on the board!

Each roll will move your token on the board forward one to six spaces, giving you the prize from the spot you landed on. Some spots are worth more than others, with Avatar Dye Ampoules, Clodagh's Dye Ampoules and Armor Fusion Runes being among the most valuable of prizes, and every time you complete a circuit of the board you'll get a free Goddess Grace (Party)!

The board may also reward Gallagher's Strange Box, which contains a random item, including Health Potions, AP Capsules, Enchant Runes and more. The grand prize of this new box, however, is the brand new and absolutely adorable Cat Headpiece, allowing you to go into battle with a kitten perched on your head, watching the action from the front row!
code:
Event Name 	Gallagher's Dice Game
Event Start 	Wednesday, February 10th, 2016 (12:00 PM PST, 3:00 PM EST, 7:00 AM 2/11 AEDT)
Event End 	Thursday, March 10th, 2016 (Start of Maintenance)
How to Play 	

Defeat Raid Bosses to obtain a Gallagher's Die
    Go to the Gallagher's Dice Game under the Random menu
    Roll the die and claim your prize!

Rewards 	

Gallagher's Dice Game Rewards:

1x Avatar Dye Ampoule
    1x Armor Fusion Rune
    1x Clodagh's Dye Ampoule
    1x Gallagher's Strange Box
    1x Channel Megaphone
    1x Experience, Lucky, AP or Divine Blessing Stone
    1x Goddess Grace
    1x Merc Recovery Potion Plus
    1x Merc Recovery Potions
    1x Premium Pet Feed
    1x Server Megaphone
    1x Skill Reset Capsule

Gallagher's Strange Box:

1x Cat Headpiece
    1x AP 100, 200, 500 or 1000 Capsule
    1x Armor Fusion Rune
    1x Avatar or Clodagh's Dye Ampoule
    1x Blessed Magic Elixir
    1x Channel or Server Megaphone
    1x Element Shard
    1x Element Stone
    1x Element Stone Catalyst
    1x Empowered or Paradise Enhancement Stone
    1x Enchant Rune
    1x Enhancement Elixir
    1x Enhancement Rune
    1x Experience, Lucky, AP or Divine Blessing Stone
    1x Exquisite or Godly Iron Ore
    1x Fine Rose, Fine Matcha or Fine Honey Bath Soap
    1x Goddess Grace (Solo or Party)
    1x Godly Cloth
    5x HP, Fine HP or Superior HP Potion
    1x Intermediate Element Stone
    1x Lambent Powder
    1x Magic Stone
    1x Merc Recovery Plus Potion
    2x Merc Recovery Potion
    1x Orb
    1x Paradise Orb
    5x Party Revival Feather
    5x Phoenix Feather
    1x Premium Pet Feed
    1x Skill Reset Capsule
    1x Spirit Magic Powder
    1x Spirit Water

Notes 	

Cat Headpiece is a Head Gear item with a randomly generated color, and can have its appearance transferred onto another Head item with an Armor Fusion Rune
    Gallagher's Dice will no longer be useful when the event ends during the March 10th Maintenance
    Raids without a departure restriction will only have a 50% chance of obtaining Gallagher’s Die
    Gallagher's Dice cannot be traded
    Cat Headpieces can be traded
The event is worth doing if you want a cat hat (hat cat?) but don't want to pay someone else for theirs. Oh, there are also enchant runes in those boxes. Those are good.

Alder
Sep 24, 2013

ArchWizard posted:

The event is worth doing if you want a cat hat (hat cat?)

The amount of suffering for a enchant rune is not really worth it but my friend tells me the cat hat falls under Not Too Rare in the greater scheme of Vin. Meanwhile I'll sit in town and buy some hats once the price drop hits.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If you've been collecting those shining kitty tickets, today should be the day you can buy the box that's guaranteed to give you a title, special avatar item, or accessory.

Yesssss

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

They're going to stop selling Valentine's fishing rods and Battle Clergy outfits tomorrow.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

Thinking about playing this again. Are any of the characters just lovely and underpowered, or is balance between them reasonably good? Anyone comically overpowered?

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

Zarick posted:

Thinking about playing this again. Are any of the characters just lovely and underpowered, or is balance between them reasonably good? Anyone comically overpowered?

No characters are lovely except sword Vella who's getting revamped soon, and Lynn who nobody plays anyway. Evie and Hurk are both the closest to comically overpowered but you have to have good gear and play well to get there.

I say this as a career sword Vella who barely plays at the moment because I'm waiting for the revamp.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

Chain Vella is also bad. My level 90 with 21k ATT tends to do as much damage in Season 2 raids as my level 80 scythe Evie with 18k M.ATT. Alas, I wouldn't say Vella is going to be revamped "soon." There's still the Kai revamp, the Delia release, and the next episode of Season 3 to get through first.

I agree that Evie is a very good character to play. Staff Evie is hugely dangerous and the upgrades to Mana Amber mean it's easier than ever to not die. Scythe Evie has excellent mobility and also hits pretty drat hard. Just remember to keep Insane Reaper up when you can because she uses a lot of stamina if you're spamming Blink -> Blade Shift.

ArchWizard fucked around with this message at 22:58 on Feb 29, 2016

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

ArchWizard posted:

Chain Vella is also bad. My level 90 with 21k ATT tends to do as much damage in Season 2 raids as my level 80 scythe Evie with 18k M.ATT. Alas, I wouldn't say Vella is going to be revamped "soon." There's still the Kai revamp, the Delia release, and the next episode of Season 3 to get through first.

I agree that Evie is a very good character to play. Staff Evie is hugely dangerous and the upgrades to Mana Amber mean it's easier than ever to not die. Scythe Evie has excellent mobility and also hits pretty drat hard. Just remember to keep Insane Reaper up when you can because she uses a lot of stamina if you're spamming Blink -> Blade Shift.

Sorry I meant "soon"(tm).

And chain Vella still does respectable damage but I'm pretty sure sword Vella is the worst.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

If you've been collecting Shining Kitty tickets since the beginning, you should have been able to collect a second box by now. All of my characters got titles and I'm not going to complain.

ArchWizard
Mar 27, 2009

It turns out S3E4 was next on the list, actually.

quote:

The first chapter of Season 3 is coming to a close this month as Season 3 - Episode 4 arrives. With the continued story, the new battle area ascending to the peak of Ben Chenner and a new Raid, Season 3 - Chapter 1 is ending with a bang as Lugh Lamhfada takes the field.

Season 3 - Episode 4

The fighting over Ben Chenner continues. Soldiers continue their way up the mountain, escorting mages, scholars and priests, but even as fewer come back down, no casualties are ever reported... and the Royal Army is only spurred on by their 'flawless victories'. This bizarre curse must be stopped before there are no soldiers left to fight. The search for a solution leads only further up the mountain of Ben Chenner... but the fighting only grows as you get closer to the peak.

New Raid: Lugh Lamhfada

Lost to history and wielding the mythical sword Fragarach, Lugh Lamhfada seeks retribution against those who have forgotten his glory and disregarded his honor. Will you have the courage to face the lost hero and at long last put his spirit to rest?

Lugh Lamhfada is a powerful warrior, but he's no master swordsman. Between his own magic and the unfathomable power of Fragarach, he has no need for finesse and uses quick burst of teleportation to surprise with overpowering blows, more than willing to fling his foes into a watery grave. He can also pin a foe to the ground, making them vulnerable to Lugh's attacks if not defended in time.

Fragarach isn't Lugh Lamhfada's only weapon, however. Periodically during the fight, Lugh will rise into the air and bombard the area with Tathlums, mystical orbs that will explode violently... but that can also be collected to negate their explosion and give you a much needed edge against the ancient warrior.

Those that manage to overcome Lugh Lamhfada's teleporting attacks and collection of magical attacks will find components and the recipes for a new set of items. This Cloth armor set is crafted through the Composite system, but the Lugh Lamhfada keystone items can only be found by defeating the ancient warrior himself or through the new Lugh Lamhfada Battle Box.
The level 90 cloth outfit is finally coming hooray. Also, I love that the game itself says "dude's just a loving gearwhore who runs an OP class imba nerf plz."

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

The cloth outfit is pretty fab. GREEN poo poo is also coming. I am ready for Lou Dobbs.

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Trying to duo through Season 1 with a friend again, but we've run into a roadblock, between Ahglan the Golem and Titan (or rather, this is the same roadblock that caused us to leave the game in the first place). Game is a ghost town. He plays Twinsword Vella, I play Arisha (from the west coast, on satellite internet). What should our strategy be, aside from waiting for another infinite respawns day? Are there any guilds on east still with goon presence? Neither one listed in the OP showed up on search.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bakalakadaka
Sep 18, 2004

TheRagamuffin posted:

Trying to duo through Season 1 with a friend again, but we've run into a roadblock, between Ahglan the Golem and Titan (or rather, this is the same roadblock that caused us to leave the game in the first place). Game is a ghost town. He plays Twinsword Vella, I play Arisha (from the west coast, on satellite internet). What should our strategy be, aside from waiting for another infinite respawns day? Are there any guilds on east still with goon presence? Neither one listed in the OP showed up on search.

You can do any season 1 or 2 raid on "easy" mode which is solo only but extremely trivial. Season 1 raids really have very little incentive to run at all these days so you aren't likely to get groups for them.

Lion Heart is still around but the guild search is broken so you have to use the guild master's name to search and apply instead (Relecroix). You can PM me or whisper Holodeck ingame if I'm on and I can let you in. It's not a goon guild but it's got a few goons and overall chill people.