Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lancelot posted:

what the poo poo is this

I was kinda watching and I still have no idea

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alansmithee
Jan 25, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I will say I like the public access aesthetic of the coverage.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

The floor reports need to stop. BDM looks like he hates doing them and after this screenshot was take he hipped check a bystander.

Captain Capitalism
Jul 28, 2009

BDM just was essentially a peeping tom using the Wizards SkyCam to stare at the last match from a great distance and guess what is being played.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008
Go MJ

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Captain Capitalism posted:

BDM just was essentially a peeping tom using the Wizards SkyCam to stare at the last match from a great distance and guess what is being played.

"Wait, was that a pump spell? Tell him over the radio because he cant see. Meanwhile, Enhance, Enhance!!!!"

Spook
Feb 25, 2002

Silence of the MOTHERFUCKING LAMBS!!
what the gently caress is going on with this team report instead of watching games.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Is there some reason why they are not showing Magic and instead we are forced to listen to BDM saying a bunch of random poo poo

Also, LSV is on Eldrazi.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.
"Well we have LSV on Eldrazi against Eric Froelich on Kiki-Chord, but first here's another loving burn matchup"

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Free mana is pretty broken? Huh.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

ACTUALLY IT IS VERY GOOD THAT THE SHOW IS BAD AND ANYONE WHO DOESN'T REALIZE WHY THAT'S GOOD IS AN IDIOT. JUST ENJOY THE BAD SHOW INSTEAD OF THINKING.
Holy poo poo, Turn 1 Chalice of the Void on 1 against burn, main deck.

loving rekd.

suicidesteve
Jan 4, 2006

"Life is a maze. This is one of its dead ends.

Hellsau posted:

"Well we have LSV on Eldrazi against Eric Froelich on Kiki-Chord, but first here's another loving burn matchup"

...Where we just watched a turn 1 Chalice of the Void on the play happen.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer
I mean a meteor could hit nakamura.

Thank you so much for printing chalice of the void.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

suicidesteve posted:

...Where we just watched a turn 1 Chalice of the Void on the play happen.

Well I guess we're not watching burn anymore

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
holy poo poo this eldrazi deck — turn one, SSG, chalice for one.

burn opponent has like 50% of his deck blanked. casts the old RG: lava spike mode of atarka's command in desperation

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Chalice will be 60 bucks by Monday.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
is randy not in the booth or is he just too poor of a commentator to think of things to say when there's a new deck

edit: okay I think Ian Duke is there, nvm

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Annnnnnd we have a mimic on turn one. Spicy.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Lancelot posted:

is randy not in the booth or is he just too poor of a commentator to think of things to say when there's a new deck

edit: okay I think Ian Duke is there, nvm

they rotate commentators, he was commentating last round

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

also the cfb eldrazi list appears to be straight colorless

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

Sickening posted:

Annnnnnd we have a mimic on turn one. Spicy.

Chalice is like 2 copies away from being a $25 card and 8 copies away from being a $30 card on tcgplayer. So if you need a playset head there right now to be the only guy buying a playset for $90+4 different vendor's shipping

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Sigma-X posted:

Chalice is like 2 copies away from being a $25 card and 8 copies away from being a $30 card on tcgplayer. So if you need a playset head there right now to be the only guy buying a playset for $90+4 different vendor's shipping

Tried to buy 4 Blinkmoth on ebay, "Sorry, this item has been sold" in the time I clicked buy it now.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Elyv posted:

they rotate commentators, he was commentating last round

yeah but i can't resist a chance to poo poo on randy

i would be really interested to hear a wotc insider's perspective of him from his tenure in wotc, since he seems so insufferable to be around i can't quite believe he got promoted as far as he did

Sigma-X
Jun 17, 2005

logis posted:

Tried to buy 4 Blinkmoth on ebay, "Sorry, this item has been sold" in the time I clicked buy it now.

Did you mean inkmoth?

Blinkmoth has been reprinted a billion times and there are still plenty of $3-4 copies on tcgplayer

Minority Deport
Mar 28, 2010
Oh my god, this CFB eldrazi deck is the best thing I've seen at a pro tour in years.

Turns out Eldrazi Mimic is a good card! Get copies now if you wanna play it, I guess.

e: Turn 2 Eldrazi Mimic into turn 3 Thought-Knot Seer into Turn 4 7/7 Endless One. Jesus.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sigma-X posted:

You can't buy Chalice on TCGplayer now anyways. All of them are gone.

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
mimic is sick, glad I called that one.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Minority Deport posted:

Oh my god, this CFB eldrazi deck is the best thing I've seen at a pro tour in years.

Turns out Eldrazi Mimic is a good card! Get copies now if you wanna play it, I guess.

I have been picking so many up in draft. I mean, it's only okay in draft, but drat it is such a house of a card in the right deck.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Sigma-X posted:

Did you mean inkmoth?

Blinkmoth has been reprinted a billion times and there are still plenty of $3-4 copies on tcgplayer

I meant Blinkmoth (it was the lowest buy-it-now with 5 copies) :(

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Did i call the chalice buy out or did i?

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...
The eldrazi deck is the #mtgfinance hit of the day. I've been watching TCGplayer, Chalice of the Void is gone. Eldrazi Mimic, Matter Reshaper, Reality Smasher, Thought-Knot Seer are flying out of stores. Draft lots of Oath folks!

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sickening posted:

Did i call the chalice buy out or did i?

I mean, I guess, but its a unique card in LSV's deck that's not exactly hard.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, I guess, but its a unique card in LSV's deck that's not exactly hard.

The spirit guide chalice thing was actually a pretty common thing on MTGO this week at least from what I saw from streams.

Angry Grimace
Jul 29, 2010

Sickening posted:

The spirit guide chalice thing was actually a pretty common thing on MTGO this week at least from what I saw from streams.

I mean, was it from the Pro-tier players? They're usually the ones who stream to begin with. I certainly have not seen the tech but I haven't been on MTGO in the Modern arena.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Angry Grimace posted:

I mean, was it from the Pro-tier players? They're usually the ones who stream to begin with. I certainly have not seen the tech but I haven't been on MTGO in the Modern arena.

The pro players don't play their decklists on stream going into the pro tour.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Yay maybe my foil chalices won't be worthless anymore. I can trade them in for board games??

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Frank Karsten, EDH player "I like one-ofs. They make the game more fun"

Cactrot
Jan 11, 2001

Go Go Cactus Galactus

Chill la Chill posted:

Yay maybe my foil chalices won't be worthless anymore. I can trade them in for board games??

I'll trade you a sealed copy of codenames for one, straight up.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

logis posted:

Frank Karsten, EDH player "I like one-ofs. They make the game more fun"

he's played two different highlander decks at pro tours:

UW Control: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJ9VRO2GT-Q
mono red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Cactrot posted:

I'll trade you a sealed copy of codenames for one, straight up.

Great game but I got it for Xmas. :3: maybe campaign for North Africa?

• Locked thread