Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kylra
Dec 1, 2006

Not a cute boy, just a boring girl.

Michael Corleone posted:

What is the fallout if Marco actually is gay or bi? He looks like a hypocrite for all his annulling gay marriage stuff. BUT, maybe it would be like a feel good story that he came out finally and it would give him a huge boost. Maybe the GOPe doesn't want this out there in the primary b/c obv the first one happens. But in the general this could be the unleashing of Chang.
I'm pretty sure this would still demotivate enough core republican voters to cost him the general.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008

Arbitrary Coin posted:

Was Barbara Bush really popular or something? Why the hell is Jeb! pushing her as some sort of secret weapon? Did he watch Season 3 of House of Cards where the wife was some sort of secret primary weapon and thought he could do the same with his mom? Is he trying for the Asian filial piety vote???

Jeb is he last scion of a fading dynasty, raised in privilege his whole life by a domineering mother he is obviously unable to correctly discern reality from his family's decades of lies. He's basically the Guangzu Emperor.

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer
Monmouth did an interesting poll here where they re-contacted 263 voters they had contacted from January 23-26 to ask about how their caucusing went. A lot of interesting tidbits, but the real takeaway is here:

Rocks
Dec 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/695675693288529920

Marco Rubio - director of CIA, WWII veteran, chair of the RNC, and noted two-term congressman - is running for President in TYOOL 2016.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007
Marco Rubio helped plan the JFK assassination?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Being gay is fine, but going to a foam party is stupidity beyond the pale. Rubio is bad for America.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Xenophon posted:

Monmouth did an interesting poll here where they re-contacted 263 voters they had contacted from January 23-26 to ask about how their caucusing went. A lot of interesting tidbits, but the real takeaway is here:

Interesting. So Trump's poor ground game actually did cost him Iowa. I wonder if that also means you apply an 87.5% multiplier to his current poll numbers in NH.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Real interesting poll. If it becomes a trend that'll be something.

Rocks posted:

https://twitter.com/BillKristol/status/695675693288529920

Marco Rubio - director of CIA, WWII veteran, chair of the RNC, and noted two-term congressman - is running for President in TYOOL 2016.

I hope Jeb tweets back basically exactly that. Someone talked poo poo on his dad. He should go berserk.

Fiction
Apr 28, 2011

Xenophon posted:

Haha yeah how dumb of Joementum and others to try and predict that Trump will have a lower turnout than normal :smug: what dummies "s-s-surely this will stump trump! :cry:"

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
Kristol is a loving idiot and I'm hardly a fan of Mr read my lips.

Kurt_Cobain
Jul 9, 2001
Pssssst Bill! You are not helping!

Bethamphetamine
Oct 29, 2012

Fiction posted:

Haha yeah how dumb of Joementum and others to try and predict that Trump will have a lower turnout than normal :smug: what dummies "s-s-surely this will stump trump! :cry:"

Is that what that shows? Trump's turnout gap is in line will all the other non-evangelical candidates.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Fiction posted:

I'm surprised it was as bad as the no hopers, which was only twice that of the others. Well when I describe it as 200% it sounds appropriately dramatic.

Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!
drat carson is pissed. Just compared Cruz to hillary's benghazi.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

Fiction posted:

His turnout rate was normal compared to most of the candidates, though. Cruz and Rubio had exceptionally good ground games and Carson's core of supporters seem to be particularly dedicated. Also I think you're supposed to say "muh" when you're doing the internet retard way of making fun of people.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Mitt Romney posted:

Interesting. So Trump's poor ground game actually did cost him Iowa. I wonder if that also means you apply an 87.5% multiplier to his current poll numbers in NH.

He's leading with something like 29% to Rubio's 19% so even with the stay-home factor he still wins with ~25%.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Despera posted:

drat carson is pissed. Just compared Cruz to hillary's benghazi.

Carson loses his poo poo when people go at him. We don't really notice it because no one has cared about Carson except for those 2 weeks he was leading, but during that thing he was basically having an extended meltdown every time someone questioned anything he said or did. He was calling press conferences to tell media to stop talking about him and declaring that its not media's job to ask questions. Carson's got a thinner skin than Trump.

And in this case his general martyr complex is actually kind of justified because Carson really did ratfuck him. So he might not let it go.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Abner Cadaver II
Apr 21, 2009

TONIGHT!

I like that they picked the skinniest kid to be Christie.

Constant Hamprince
Oct 24, 2010

by exmarx
College Slice

Why are there two Cokie Roberts'

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

I'm the drawn-in Cokie Roberts, not the regular one

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

who is narco pubic??

Xenophon
Jun 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
Grimey Drawer

Wait...where's Trump?

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Trump had the same turn out as people literally not campaigning there. That is damning considering how hard he pushed Iowa.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Donald Trump has received a verbal endorsement from [a descendant of] Josiah Bartlett.

Wrap it up, West Wingailures.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
https://twitter.com/mattyglesias/status/695700209960165376

SpiderHyphenMan
Apr 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
Cruz is going to be torn a new rear end in a top hat tomorrow, and Trump will be back in high gear. It's gonna be great. So glad I don't have to deal with Carly "being 7th in Iowa makes me relevant" Fiorina ruining the fun by inciting terrorism against women's health clinics.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
We’re gonna bring businesses back. We’re gonna have businesses that used to be in New Hampshire, that are now in Mexico, come back to New Hampshire, and you can tell them to go gently caress themselves! Because they let you down, and they left!

sharkbomb
Feb 9, 2005

In defense of momma's boy, I think that actually was a pretty good ad.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx

Showing a little energy, that's good.

Dr Dracula
Oct 30, 2015

by Nyc_Tattoo
Grimey Drawer

Boosted_C5 posted:

Jesus Christ it's happening all over again.

These diabolical mother fuckers are going to grind us into dust.

They loving played dead and tricked us. Then BAM they all jumped up and made their move today and the coalescing was complete just like that.

NOT AGAIN FOR THE LOVE OF GOD NOT AGAIN.

If Donald Trump can't somehow end the Cruz feud quickly and destroy Rubio, we're hosed. If Trump can't save us from the establishment, no one can and no one ever will.

God help us.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I'm basically counting on the SEC to save us from Rubio and Cruz. #1 in Football, hopefully #1 in making the right choice and choosing Trump.

http://overtimepolitics.com/pollingdata/OvertimePolitics.comJan31-Feb2RepublicanPrimaryPoll-Alabama.pdf

Trumps leads Cruz 37% to 21% in Alabama.

Similar to his 36% to 20% lead here in South Carolina according to the RCP average of January polls here.

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

STAC Goat posted:

Carson loses his poo poo when people go at him. We don't really notice it because no one has cared about Carson except for those 2 weeks he was leading, but during that thing he was basically having an extended meltdown every time someone questioned anything he said or did. He was calling press conferences to tell media to stop talking about him and declaring that its not media's job to ask questions. Carson's got a thinner skin than Trump.

And in this case his general martyr complex is actually kind of justified because Carson really did ratfuck him. So he might not let it go.

It's easy to forget that while Ben Carson might be a kindly old retired doctor who falls asleep randomly in public these days, he also did grow up poor in Detroit and tried to kill a guy.

Pillowpants
Aug 5, 2006

Boosted_C5 posted:

I'm basically counting on the SEC to save us from Rubio and Cruz. #1 in Football, hopefully #1 in making the right choice and choosing Trump.

http://overtimepolitics.com/pollingdata/OvertimePolitics.comJan31-Feb2RepublicanPrimaryPoll-Alabama.pdf

Trumps leads Cruz 37% to 21% in Alabama.

Similar to his 36% to 20% lead here in South Carolina according to the RCP average of January polls here.

If what I expect to happen on Saturday and then Tuesday comes to fruition, you're going to see Carson stay in to siphon votes from Cruz/Rubio (like Huckabee did to Romney in 2008), Bush/Christie/Kasich stubbornly refusing to leave because they're all 100x more qualified than Rubio, and Cruz collapsing after coming in 4th or 5th place following a pummeling at the debate.

I would like to see a Christie-Trump unity ticket announced right now. It would be unstoppable.

Donald Trump
Jan 31, 2016

by exmarx
Rubio will be my VP. He's a good guy.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer
I like Chris Christie and wouldn't mind seeing him in Trump's VP slot now that Cruz showed his true treasonous colors.

I WAS thinking Rubio, but now that the establishment and the elites have made it know he's their horse i.e. he will play ball/obey orders, we can't have him one step away from the big chair.

Boosted_C5
Feb 16, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 5 years!
Grimey Drawer

Donald Trump posted:

Rubio will be my VP. He's a good guy.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT MR. TRUMP THEY'LL KENNEDY YOU TO PUT RUBIO IN THE BIG CHAIR!!!!!1

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Boosted_C5 posted:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T DO IT MR. TRUMP THEY'LL KENNEDY YOU TO PUT RUBIO IN THE BIG CHAIR!!!!!1

Mr Trump is always packing and never taken by surprise.

Prof. Lurker
Mar 10, 2015

I've got the fire of human liberty!

I'm setting fires everywhere!

And humans are turning on everywhere!
So uh, what are the odds Romney endorses Rubio prior to Tuesday? Because that'll wrap things up for him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It's easy to forget that while Ben Carson might be a kindly old retired doctor who falls asleep randomly in public these days, he also did grow up poor in Detroit and tried to kill a guy.

No that was a lie. That's why he got so mad. Pay attention dude.

• Locked thread