Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thronde
Aug 4, 2012

Fun Shoe

Booblord Zagats posted:

Lesnick saw his shadow, 6 more years of development

It's gonna be his shadow for eternity, God knows he can't see his toes for release!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fried Watermelon posted:

Well the Ant game was only a few people, 3 I think?

What happens when they can't pay the leases on their porches and mansions?

CIG Employees: When your paycheck is "late" gtfo ASAP
yeah they might struggle to pay those, having spent their money on gamedev and stuff

really worried here they didn't cover their bases

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

G0RF posted:

Hmmm...

Still ludicrously good numbers. :wtchris: is wrong with these people

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
Lets start a kickstarter to buy Sandi a teleprompter

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

G0RF posted:

Hmmm...

I thought that the crowdfunding chart was already called into question.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Thronde posted:

It's gonna be his shadow for eternity, God knows he can't see his toes for release!

The only release will be wind out of Ben's colon (and into backers' faces lol)

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

G0RF posted:

Hmmm...

This fucker is doing worse than my 401k.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers

G0RF posted:

Hmmm...

Still well above the 20k a day that puts CIG into panic mode.

Peroxide Cowboy
Nov 30, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The way to get tail online is to get an SA account

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

Ghostlight posted:

new people gtfo

Until they embrace the love, the light, the warmth of The Paaaaaarrrrrrrppppp, they are interlopers and should be permabanned. We need no heresy here.

Otherwise, come, be one of us. Step into the paaaaaaaaaarp! and know the peace of being Smart.

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06yrf2t/storyville-20152016-13-the-great-gangster-film-fraud#group=p03gr5wn (UK link only, sorry)

"You can look at what 'appened next in two ways: Theory A: behold, a bunch of wannabe's, so desperate to succeed that they bend the rules until they break 'em. Theory B: a gang of scammers who planned it all from day 1"

Can't wait for the Star Citizen collapse documentary in five years or so.

Samizdata
May 14, 2007

FrankieGoes posted:

EightAce is Ben.

Sorry we call you a giant fatass so much EightAce, but the thing is, you're a giant fatass.

EightAce is not Ben.

EightAce is Ben's alter. A system is the only way he can keep his soul around the anorexic succubus he is regularly trapped with.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

enhance

enhance

enhance

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

RIP fantastic RSI thread.

It must be hard work to be a CIG mod these days...

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Fatkraken posted:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b06yrf2t/storyville-20152016-13-the-great-gangster-film-fraud#group=p03gr5wn (UK link only, sorry)

"You can look at what 'appened next in two ways: Theory A: behold, a bunch of wannabe's, so desperate to succeed that they bend the rules until they break 'em. Theory B: a gang of scammers who planned it all from day 1"

Can't wait for the Star Citizen collapse documentary in five years or so.

Can't wait for the 10 part netflix documentary/expose Making A JPEG

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Lack of Gravitas posted:

Cobblers, your Star Citizen Org being a religious, hardcore, roleplaying, Welsh-speaking group of Birdwatchers genuinely made me lol when I read it

Thanks, I enjoyed your posts in that weird SUN star citizen org training stream.

Berious posted:

Massive fan of your work Cobblers. But I fear for the future of procedurally generated bird in the verse without such an outspoken champion

The birds of the 'universe still have an able defender in Germanski. No idea who he is, but his lengthy posts on the need for Chris to make good on his promise of a fully procedurally generated ecosystem are compelling.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Agrajag posted:

enhance

enhance

enhance
Maybe the "and then please come back and tell us what it was like!" is implied?

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

they are just working on polishing the assets, dude you dont get cement development AT ALL

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Speaking of stretch goals & documentary films, wonder how the $14M stretch goal is coming along.

How do you turn a 4 year long slow motion trainwreck into a feature length documentary? Shouldn't they be getting Ken Burns on the case? 18 hours of jpegs sliding across the screen with a voice over is what this glorious event deserves.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

runsamok posted:

Speaking of stretch goals & documentary films, wonder how the $14M stretch goal is coming along.

How do you turn a 4 year long slow motion trainwreck into a feature length documentary? Shouldn't they be getting Ken Burns on the case? 18 hours of jpegs sliding across the screen with a voice over is what this glorious event deserves.

Ok, is it just me or doe Hibernation Mode sound like a standard feature any open world video game should have? Either Crobberts really hasn't seen a video game in the last 15 years or they're just stupid.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist

Phi230 posted:

Either Crobberts really hasn't seen a video game in the last 15 years

yep

Phi230 posted:

or they're just stupid.

yep

blueberrysmith
May 4, 2006

Dirty Sanchez

runsamok posted:

To be fair, all of those stretch goals are 95% likely to not happen.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Phi230 posted:

Ok, is it just me or doe Hibernation Mode sound like a standard feature any open world video game should have? Either Crobberts really hasn't seen a video game in the last 15 years or they're just stupid.

It's both.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

runsamok posted:

Derek should narrate

...maybe that's what he's doing :confused:

ZenMaster
Jan 24, 2006

I Saved PC Gaming

c2usaf2004 posted:

All I asked was when I could purchase the GO Airhorn.

nice but honestly how can any of you participate in that crap fest chat ugh... 1000 people all typing at once

luckily most of the questions were entertaining ;3

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

blueberrysmith posted:

To be fair, all of those stretch goals are 95% likely to not happen.

I'd say the documentary is 100%, only CIG won't be the ones making it

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I'd say the documentary is 100%, only CIG won't be the ones making it

And if they are it'll be Best Of AtV

Cobblers
Feb 5, 2016

Come commandos, on wings of joy we'll fly
To where my bower hangs on high;
Come, and make thy calm retreat,
Among procedurally generated green leaves and blossoms sweet.

Phi230 posted:

Ok, is it just me or doe Hibernation Mode sound like a standard feature any open world video game should have?

The technology required to get a game to actually remember where you were when you saved costs $14,000,000.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

runsamok posted:

The question that immediately popped into my mind was: had they not reach $14 million dollars, what exactly were they planning on having happen when you logged off? Character death? A glorious explosion?

Has anyone logged off without crashing?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cobblers posted:

The technology required to get a game to actually remember where you were when you saved costs $14,000,000.

Star Citizen truly is the most ambitious game of 1996.

Fractal Wave
Feb 7, 2009

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Derek should narrate

...maybe that's what he's doing :confused:

With how long it has taken him to do the audio for Bootcha that could take even longer than SC development.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Daztek posted:

And if they are it'll be Best Of AtV

Well that'll add up to feature-length no problem

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I know he's like our leader now and stuff but Derek Smart releasing stuff on time is a pipe dream like CIG doing the same.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

I vote EightAce for new Internet Warlord

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

Daztek posted:

I vote EightAce for new Internet Warlord

someone make an 'Eight's Aces' gang tag

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Posting from beyond the last page. Is this guy here yet? If not, he should totes get an account here.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Happy Sisyphus posted:

someone make an 'Eight's Aces' gang tag

only if he proves that he isn't Ben "the fats" Lesnick

runsamok
Jan 12, 2011

Scruffpuff posted:

The question that immediately popped into my mind was: had they not reach $14 million dollars, what exactly were they planning on having happen when you logged off? Character death? A glorious explosion?

Has anyone logged off without crashing?

Evidently if you have a bed you can log out away from ports of call. If you don't have a bed once you disconnect they turn your real-world-money ship into an AI entity & have it pilot to the closest safe landing zone. Hijinks may ensue whilst your ship is still in-verse but you are not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Cobblers posted:

Why would you want to leave Star Citizen, citizen? Using the save and quit option shows your disturbing lack of commitment to this new lifestyle.

• Locked thread