Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Fortunately you'll know if dry ice CO2 purges your interior and almost kills you because the brain's automatic breathing response is based on dissolved CO2 (actually carbonic acid, H2CO3, but same difference) levels in your bloodstream, so you'll feel like poo poo and stuff.

If the same happens with liquid nitrogen no one notices till you black out and fall over, then the people who try to save you have the same thing happen. Like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f2ItJe2Incs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

Yeah CO2 is like the one gas you really don't have to worry about consciously.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

Cakefool posted:

There's nothing quite like that feeling of your kid falling asleep in your arms :3:

It is The Best. Get it while you can.

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

Cakefool posted:

There's nothing quite like that feeling of your kid falling asleep in your arms :3:

My wife, daughter and I have been laid low with a nasty upper respiratory infection for three days now, and last night the little one was so tired she fell asleep snuggled into my chest on the couch. Worth the sick days and misery just to have that moment again :3:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

NitroSpazzz posted:

I turned 30 today, does that make me old?

Welcome to the club! :corsair:

Cakefool posted:

Today I thought I'd say bollocks to economy and drove my panda like I stole it. All 60hp of it :3:

It was great fun, revving the piss out of that little bastard. Then I got to a roundabout and violated commandments 1 through 10. I lifted. I got properly sideways in traffic and looked like a proper twat. Whoops. New tyres time I think. Didn't think I was going that fast honestly.

In other words, you drove it like an Italian. Rev it till the valves dance on the underside of the bonnet, then rev it some more.

The Panda has has a huge personality and responds so well to being driven like an absolute bastard. The only other tiny city car I've driven that felt even remotely as fun was a Peugeot 107. That little 3-cylinder Toyota motor is a heap of fun and it sounds so good when you rev it out. But the rest of the car felt so tinny and flimsy. The Panda feels like a 'proper car' without being heavy and ponderous.

Bajaha posted:

Driving like a twat can actually be more fuel efficient in some cars.

And nothing is more fun than driving a slow car fast. :colbert:

Exactly. I've driving a loaner Peugeot 206 1.4 while my 406 2.2 is being repaired (on it's 3rd week now :emo:).

It's slow as gently caress, but the engine is nice and revvy for easy rev-matching and the darn little thing handles amazingly well. I'm having way too much fun driving it, it'll be kinda weird going back to my big and comfortable (but also much faster) motorway muncher.

jammyozzy
Dec 7, 2006

Is that a challenge?
There's a roundabout 10 seconds from work that I scandanivian flick my Focus round every day because it's a) massive b) quiet and c) off-camber on the far side so you can get a proper dab of oppo in. :getin:

I fear for the day I finally fix my MX5 because I'll probably die on it.

literally a fish
Oct 2, 2014

German officer Johannes Bolter peeks out the hatch of his Tiger I heavy tank during a quiet moment before the Battle of Kursk - c:1943 (colorized)
Slippery Tilde

Enourmo posted:

Yeah CO2 is like the one gas you really don't have to worry about consciously.

It's actually considered a non-toxic gas, in AU at least, as you'll leave the area with an earsplitting headache long before it kills you :v:

Still considered an asphyxiant though, as a large enough volume will suffocate you from oxygen depletion, but non-toxic.

randomidiot
May 12, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 11 years!)

Well poo poo, maybe that's why I had a crushing migraine on my way back to the warehouse last night. :downsgun:

Guess I'll start tossing that poo poo in the trunk. And opening the windows a bit more. I figured the HVAC running on 2 (of 4) and set to fresh air would be enough.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

Wrar posted:

People keep saying that, but there is a threshold where you get use to caning a pretty quick car and can't go back below a certain threshold.

I'd disagree. Give me a choice, I'll take the Forester keys over the other much faster cars. Driving slow cars fast just doesnt get old for me.

Cage posted:

Susan Sarandon is 69 and hell if I wouldn't give that a shot.

She looks more natural / real too over Brinkley.

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Phone posted:

The only car company doing Things Right is Mazda.

The ND is wider but shorter than the NA. Weighs the same, too. :getin:

My last three daily drivers have been Mazdas and my next one probably will be too. They make some nice cars.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

KozmoNaut posted:

Welcome to the club! :corsair:

In other words, you drove it like an Italian. Rev it till the valves dance on the underside of the bonnet, then rev it some more.

The Panda has a huge personality and responds so well to being driven like an absolute bastard.

I've got to say I'm into the idea of the 100hp panda, but I just spent all my money on this little bastard. Good tyres should help a lot, but if I could get another 10hp it'd be great. It does like to rev, eager little weasel :3:

I think I should leave this alone and make something else dangerously unsafe instead.

the spyder
Feb 18, 2011
I don't usually get bad headaches, but I can't seem to kick this one. I've been home sick 3/4 of the week with sinus pressure/headaches/stomach cramps and I'm way down on energy. It's bad enough I don't trust myself driving except short trips. Anyone have any headache/migrane med suggestions? I usually only take Ibu as needed.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cakefool posted:

I've got to say I'm into the idea of the 100hp panda, but I just spent all my money on this little bastard. Good tyres should help a lot, but if I could get another 10hp it'd be great. It does like to rev, eager little weasel :3:

I think I should leave this alone and make something else dangerously unsafe instead.

I've heard of people putting Rotrex superchargers on their 1.2 Pandas, and getting around 120hp and a boatload of torque. It almost seems like a necessity if you have the glacially slow 4x4.

scuz
Aug 29, 2003

You can't be angry ALL the time!

Fun Shoe

the spyder posted:

I don't usually get bad headaches, but I can't seem to kick this one. I've been home sick 3/4 of the week with sinus pressure/headaches/stomach cramps and I'm way down on energy. It's bad enough I don't trust myself driving except short trips. Anyone have any headache/migrane med suggestions? I usually only take Ibu as needed.
There was a headache that followed me around for 6 months that turned out to be severe sinus pressure. Ibuprofen and mucinex religiously for a week was the only thing that helped.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

I've heard of people putting Rotrex superchargers on their 1.2 Pandas, and getting around 120hp and a boatload of torque. It almost seems like a necessity if you have the glacially slow 4x4.

Don't loving tempt me

E: ~£5k fitted, no loving way. The 100hp costs less, has better brakes and suspension.

cakesmith handyman fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

So the 4x4 Panda is a car that a kei car could probably outpace?? Amazing.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cakefool posted:

Don't loving tempt me

E: ~£5k fitted, no loving way. The 100hp costs less, has better brakes and suspension.

The ride is punishingly stiff, though.

88h88 posted:

So the 4x4 Panda is a car that a kei car could probably outpace?? Amazing.

~20 seconds 0-60, baby.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

KozmoNaut posted:

The ride is punishingly stiff, though.

Because I make poor decisions quickly I haven't test driven one.

quote:

~20 seconds 0-60, baby.

Ahahahaha, I thought my 14 seconds was borderline.

Though a supercharged 4x4 panda sounds delirious fun...

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cakefool posted:

Because I make poor decisions quickly I haven't test driven one.

Trust me, it's an absolute riot.

You can't not drive it like a hooligan everywhere.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Stop it stop it stop it stop it

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

I prefered the Ford Fiesta ST150 I also test drove, though.

A little more compliant in the suspension, and by far the best gearbox I've ever used.

But then I ended up buying a French barge instead, because ~comfort~.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

And, of course as always, kill Hitler.

As someone who used to get migraines 3-4 times a week and still gets a gnarly headache a few times a month, Exedrin is the best.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

some texas redneck posted:

That would work, but those are also kinda pricey. I may wind up with one anyway though, it's a bit more useful (for me) than the one I first posted.

I keep the climate control on fresh air + keep a window open a bit whenever that poo poo is in my car.

Academy and the like usually have folding wagons like that for like $50. I've had one for two years with no issues. Hauled a lot of firewood with it.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Oh, great, there goes a few hours (the video keeps auto-playing the next, and I just can't stop!). Educational stuff, though.

the spyder posted:

I'm definitely a fan. He's got some great content. I've been home sick half the week and have been watching far too much youtube. This just popped up. It's amazing. I laughed for a good bit (which was rather painful due to a sore throat).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcDgOGC5Lcc

Oh dear god - I CAN'T BREATHE I'm laughing so hard!
The utterly British "...poo poo.", and then the smoke detector going off.
I'm cryin' over here.

stump
Jan 19, 2006

A Panda: Two black eyes and no energy.

Fiat pandas are awesome in any guise. Even if they do have a boot so small that two people flying Ryanair need to put the back seat down to fit their luggage in

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Sigh. There's like 10 people here in the stoner basement hanging out and I'm all like hey I'll be upstairs in the living room by myself not breathing in Tommy Chong's farts. :(

PaintVagrant
Apr 13, 2007

~ the ultimate driving machine ~

the spyder posted:

Saline spray religiously, massage the sinus areas of your face in a super hot shower as often as you can. Hot compress on your face can help too. Excedrine or just caffeine + your choice of NSAID.

I have a deviated septum/polyps, and these things help. Sometimes poo poo is just blocked up in there and needs help getting out.

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Cakefool posted:

Ahahahaha, I thought my 14 seconds was borderline.

Though a supercharged 4x4 panda sounds delirious fun...

Mine is 13.7 seconds. I'll 'ave ya

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Rode bike 70mi without getting hit by a car, went to a brewery, now drinking beer in a hot tub. Making tacos later. Good Friday.

jamal fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Feb 6, 2016

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

Just waiting for them to go to the bar at this point so I can park in the driveway. Street parking gives me extreme anxiety.

Gorson
Aug 29, 2014

Super Aggro Crag posted:

As someone who used to get migraines 3-4 times a week and still gets a gnarly headache a few times a month, Exedrin is the best.

^ I get migraines and have tried everything. Excedrin Extra Strength is the only thing that works for me.

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I used to get some script, I forget what, but it was a tiny rear end $30 10mg tablet that dissolved under my tongue and got rid of a migraine in like 10 minutes. And I'm talking migraines where you lose your vision and throw up when any light enters your room. Thank god it seemed to be a puberty thing for me. I missed so many days of the end of middle school and the beginning of HS. I remember losing my center sight one day in the beginning of HS. It meant a giant migraine was coming. The nurse called my mom and tried to tell her I was full of poo poo, even tho my mom knew better. I puked all over the nurse 60 seconds later and she told my mom to come get me. Good times.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

On our way home from the first ultrasound we drove behind a red Esprit I had been lusting after on Craigslist: http://portland.craigslist.org/wsc/cto/5426780214.html

It was weird having that put in my face right after I've quit my job, and while I'm still learning to be enthusiastic about family over fun. I think I'm OK with it, though - I want someone to take care of me when I poo poo the bed, not a thing that I have to take care of when it shits the bed.

Plus it's an SE and I'd rather own an S4S.

blk fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 6, 2016

ExplodingSims
Aug 17, 2010

RAGDOLL
FLIPPIN IN A MOVIE
HOT DAMN
THINK I MADE A POOPIE

Had what should have Bern a 3 hour job turn into a 9 Hour job due to office fucjups, missing parts, and a confusing wiring diagram. Rack refrigeration sucks sometimes.

See the HVAC thread for more information!

stevobob
Nov 16, 2008

Alchemy - the study of how to turn LS1's into a 20B. :science:

Super Aggro Crag posted:

I used to get some script, I forget what, but it was a tiny rear end $30 10mg tablet that dissolved under my tongue and got rid of a migraine in like 10 minutes. And I'm talking migraines where you lose your vision and throw up when any light enters your room. Thank god it seemed to be a puberty thing for me. I missed so many days of the end of middle school and the beginning of HS. I remember losing my center sight one day in the beginning of HS. It meant a giant migraine was coming. The nurse called my mom and tried to tell her I was full of poo poo, even tho my mom knew better. I puked all over the nurse 60 seconds later and she told my mom to come get me. Good times.

Maxalt?

Super Aggro Crag
Apr 23, 2008

I wanna say it was called Zomig. I know it started with a Z.

keykey
Mar 28, 2003

Cakefool posted:

Especially if they have colic. But that's more of a "thank god it's over" feeling. Past colic though, yeah, I agree with this threads sentiment.

Beverly Cleavage
Jun 22, 2004

I am a pretty pretty princess, watch me do my pretty princess dance....

blk posted:

.... a thing that I have to take care of when it shits the bed.

I see you haven't opened that parenting 101 book yet. :v:

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad
The fuckin Bose LS400 still exists and still works!: http://jalopnik.com/we-finally-know-why-boses-magical-hopping-suspension-ne-1757422095

Someone in those comments claims that there's sensors or emitters in the test ramps to cue the car to adjust suspension accordingly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fender Anarchist
May 20, 2009

Fender Anarchist

kimbo305 posted:

The fuckin Bose LS400 still exists and still works!: http://jalopnik.com/we-finally-know-why-boses-magical-hopping-suspension-ne-1757422095

Someone in those comments claims that there's sensors or emitters in the test ramps to cue the car to adjust suspension accordingly.

I feel like that was revealed a long time ago, I guess it was just speculation if they're still not fessing up though.

I didn't know about the truck seats, good to see some use came out of the technology.

• Locked thread