Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Holy Moley, after <30 minutes in Hightown last night I have all but 1 of Punisher's uniques. Drop rates are ridiculous. What's BIS for his slot 1?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Complicated characters...I'm thinking characters where it's kinda like playing a piano to be most effective:

Strange
Reed loving Richards
She-Hulk
War Machine
Magneto
Iron Fist

Juggernaut has a very unique mechanic to him but he isn't complicated.

As for the above, all of these have simple builds too that are effective.

Strange and Reed are like playing a piano at their most effective.

She Hulk is kinda clunky and I'm not a fan. She is super strong though. Mikwuyma has a build on mh.info that is complicated but dominates. His name is mashyfingers2.

War Machina and Magento can fill two hot bars easily.

Iron Fist is deep depending on build.

Just some ideas for you. Nim998 here is God of Strange and is really showing his dominance. Check my post either on this page or last page with his ttk video linked.

Dosvidanya
May 28, 2004

I don't advertise for free ;-*

i'm legit surprised he doesn't have war machine's synergy for this.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Lmao, reed is like 3 buttons and then press your sig and spam whatever (all binds get replaced with bounce), push the rest cd button and do the sig again.
Complicated he ain't.

Actually here's what you do, hold down your punch key (mouse 1)
Keep expansion fetish on cool down for spirit
Keep your idiot dot up
Is the laser beam icon glowing press that
Use the signature its your main damage the rest is just there to make you think you have a rotation
Hth

Ahundredbux fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Feb 5, 2016

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
do I have to choose one of the options on the 110 site
can I not just align myself with Spider-Man's absurd bulges in that Amazing costume
also is the last round Madame Hydra it looks like Madame Hydra

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

Dosvidanya posted:

i'm legit surprised he doesn't have war machine's synergy for this.

He does, according to that build page. It's that power in the center of the middle tree.

HebrewMagic
Jul 19, 2012

Police Assault In Progress
Also, just in time for the Deadpool movie, "rear end in a top hat" triggers the word filter, while "Assholes" does not.
I await the Pubbie Apocalypse of players running around quoting "YOU LOOK LIKE THE INSIDE OF OTHER PEOPLE'S ASSHOLES" unpunished.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Holy Moley, after <30 minutes in Hightown last night I have all but 1 of Punisher's uniques. Drop rates are ridiculous. What's BIS for his slot 1?

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Nice. His best slot 1 is called Fragment of Twilight. It's a raid craftable. Cheers!

If that can't be gotten by you since you're a newer player, Sword Gun works. Follow Hellvin's build because he is good at this game and ttks a lot of guys effectively:

http://marvelheroes.info/build/10450/

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Nah, Reed has some thought to him if you're using the big laser gun and keeping track of outwit stacks for that/the sig.

ICR's list is good but I'll just add: don't play Magneto. He's one of my favorite comixmen and has great voice acting but everything else about him is anemic and dated.

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Nice. His best slot 1 is called Fragment of Twilight. It's a raid craftable. Cheers!

If that can't be gotten by you since you're a newer player, Sword Gun works. Follow Hellvin's build because he is good at this game and ttks a lot of guys effectively:

That's ok for a non-scourm build. Does scrotum post anywhere anymore?

Fallout
Mar 8, 2005
Ignorance is bliss

HebrewMagic posted:

do I have to choose one of the options on the 110 site
can I not just align myself with Spider-Man's absurd bulges in that Amazing costume

Unfortunately your allegiance in the great Cleavage vs Hair debate will be decided on your placement in the qualifier round, maybe we'll let the #1 time decide which team he champions for.

madstrike
Jun 10, 2013

I don't remember Magneto being hard to play. Or has he been changed?

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text
Hey, just because I'm a Jean fan doesn't mean I'm anti-Emma. I'll have you know she's getting fabulously flowing hair and capes next!

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

madstrike posted:

I don't remember Magneto being hard to play. Or has he been changed?

Does he still require stance dancing to be effective?

Telex
Feb 11, 2003

22 Eargesplitten posted:

Getting a unique in slot is a good start.

Phase 2 of insanity grind is you have to get good rolls on those uniques which loving sucks when there are 9 or 10 things to roll on and getting all of them close to max values is nearly impossible. (hold alt, see your colors, and you want them to all be mostly green, and I personally go for +skills over +numbers on most things).

Then once you've got uniques that are good, you need to get them with Challenge Bonuses if they didn't drop with them (oh god) and you want to enchant them too.

and then there's the artifcats....

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Mr. Whale posted:

He does, according to that build page. It's that power in the center of the middle tree.
Synergy. The +1 Fighting one. Maybe they don't own that hero? :iiam:

Jusupov posted:

That's ok for a non-scourm build. Does scrotum post anywhere anymore?
He quit the game last year, apparently. :rip:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Jusupov posted:

Does he still require stance dancing to be effective?

You bet your SWEET HOT rear end he does.

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.
So here's my Rogue as she is right now. Any thoughts, tips, or ideas?

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

Yeah for "optimal magneto play" you wanna not just be stance dancing to maintain the huge damage rating bonuses but also be in god among insects to lay your dots and be in superiority for spamming your debris generator. Not worth it tho.

cougar cub
Jun 28, 2004

Thanks for the character feedback!

Adult Sword Owner
Jun 19, 2011

u deserve diploma for sublime comedy expertise

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

loving BACC eludes me forever

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Mover posted:

Nah, Reed has some thought to him if you're using the big laser gun and keeping track of outwit stacks for that/the sig.

ICR's list is good but I'll just add: don't play Magneto. He's one of my favorite comixmen and has great voice acting but everything else about him is anemic and dated.

Right, watch if the buff is at 3 before sig or just use giant fist :rolleyes:

Rufio
Feb 6, 2003

I'm smart! Not like everybody says... like dumb... I'm smart and I want respect!
Hey Fruk, you want to sub for me in 110? I have HT. tia

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
Reed isn't very hard to play but that still makes him more complex than 80% of the MH roster.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Telex posted:

Getting a unique in slot is a good start.

Phase 2 of insanity grind is you have to get good rolls on those uniques which loving sucks when there are 9 or 10 things to roll on and getting all of them close to max values is nearly impossible. (hold alt, see your colors, and you want them to all be mostly green, and I personally go for +skills over +numbers on most things).

Then once you've got uniques that are good, you need to get them with Challenge Bonuses if they didn't drop with them (oh god) and you want to enchant them too.

and then there's the artifcats....

Thanks. I asked because I got all three, the Dragon, Sword Gun, and Ol' Painless. I think I'll just use Ol' Painless until I get a higher level drop of Sword Gun. That was one I had for a while, so I guess it doesn't count. I picked up the Davy Crockett I didn't get last night, though.

E: Soon as I said that, I got a brand new Sword Gun with pretty good rolls.

22 Eargesplitten fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Feb 5, 2016

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009
Most complicated part of reed is gearing him. He's braindead easy to play.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Rufio posted:

Lmao, no promises, I hopped in on my ht for a bit in MM and he was super-trash

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

PureRok posted:

Cosmic Week is coming soon so work towards The Power Doop uru and Doop Ectoplasm artifact during it, and pick up Hela blessings for all your artifacts as you get odins marks available (you can move them to new artifacts as you get better ones). Make sure you put a level 60 costume core (someone can probably just give you a 25/2) on your costume and roll high CDR in all 4 costume slots. Those are probably the biggest easiest things you can immediately work towards that don't really require rng drops.

edit: also grab some kind of better teleport skill

Saint Freak fucked around with this message at 21:38 on Feb 5, 2016

Mr. Whale
Apr 9, 2009

PureRok posted:

Pick up a point into rubble slam so you have a vulnerability move. Her sig is pretty good and I would max that.

Chernobyl Peace Prize
May 7, 2007

Or later, later's fine.
But now would be good.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Complicated characters...I'm thinking characters where it's kinda like playing a piano to be most effective:

War Machina and Magento can fill two hot bars easily.
The only thing you really need to put on WM's second bar (at least for ranged) are his always-on toggles; you bind tear-gas to Q, spirit-restore/CC-break to E, flight to R, and whatever default move you use on RMB to W.

Then you basically just whatever around most of the time until your heat is full then spitfire and repeat. If you use the heat spec then you e-rmb-spitfire repeat.

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Rufio posted:

how much rocket league ELO will you lose by logging into marvel heroes for 5 minutes?

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Rugio I believe in you.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
I just got back into this game after a long time and A) goddamn lots changed and B) Dr Doom is hilariously fun, I'm glad I spent nearly all the remaining marvel funbux I had on him because summoning doombots will never get old.

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

Rugio I believe in you.

I'm the new rugio now didn't you see

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

PureRok posted:

throw all those artifacts into the garbage

Issaries
Sep 15, 2008

"At the end of the day
We are all human beings
My father once told me that
The world has no borders"

Time to laugh at my crappy build:
Adhuin's awful build
It's designed for the first challenge within my current budget:
(No fragments nor Essences owned and no budget to reroll artifacts for better numbers)

Any glaring holes in The power build?
I usually just cruise back and forth and shoot some refracting beams at mooks. Bosses get usually the full load.

Mr. Maggy
Aug 17, 2014

adhuin posted:

Adhuin's awful build
(No fragments nor Essences owned and no budget to reroll artifacts for better numbers)

I usually just cruise back and forth and shoot some refracting beams at mooks. Bosses get usually the full load.

this looks fine except go in for some +Fighting via Omegas since you have 30 Energy stacked

ndub
Jun 9, 2007

spidey is going to win again

:negative:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

PureRok posted:

max her sig
why do you have blood and thunder but no melee moves? its best with melee
you can grab 2 more support abilities. id suggest shulk to replace blood and thunder, then get thor's ability in the enemy slot or 2 more dots
drop ironman get warmachine
why do you have cyclops skill maxed?
get power doop on your uru
your gear is all poop

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jusupov
May 24, 2007
only text

adhuin posted:

Adhuin's awful build

You got 7 points in deconstruct which is one your main skills to clear a screen+ worth of enemies. Since you seem to be using his ult to kill the boss you should drop everything from emf. Dash, drop vuln under him, ult, dash, sig, repulse clears him faster for you than emf.

Also put a point in reconstruct to cut decons cooldown in half.

You really need 20 in his defensive passive for shocker instead of one pointing the power one huh

Energy might be fine for you since you can probably get a few more dashes or repulses off, that is if everything still dies in one hit. Though uhh those sure are some omega picks.

Also sadness if you don't have spaceman or timeman for their synergies.

There's other issues but I started crying all of a sudden

• Locked thread