Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

Ladies and gentlemen, Technical Score Match

I shouldn't do these as soon as I wake up.

Also, something came in the mail this week.

Vitamean fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

Random Yuuki no Reason is the best :allears:

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Yuuki no Reason as soon as I woke up was a big reminder to adjust my timing.

It's kind of odd not already being out of t2, even with the newly expanded tiers on EN. Welp, triple tier today and tomorrow should be fun.

Vitamean
May 31, 2012

graybook posted:

It's kind of odd not already being out of t2, even with the newly expanded tiers on EN. Welp, triple tier today and tomorrow should be fun.

Didn't even realize they expanded the tiers again. I think I can finally start profiting in gems while staying in T2.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I'll show you... a nightmare...
Stuck at work. I'd rather be playing Starlight Stage... I'm so close to the 10,000 points for Syuko...

squidflakes
Aug 27, 2009

SHORTBUS
Is Technical just Expert songs with Random notes?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

squidflakes posted:

Plus Daily Special songs.

fisting by many
Dec 25, 2009

squidflakes posted:

That and non-randomized daily "super hard" songs

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

:h::h::h:Alhamdulillah-chan:h::h::h:

Yes_Cantaloupe posted:

OK, I lied. The minimal voice acting is hard, because kanji. Oh geez, there's a lot of spinning cards and flashy lights, and it's hard to take in for not-entirely-sober_Cantaloupe. Don't think I manage past the tutorial tornight. It's cute, though, and I'll likely play more.

It made me do a pull as part of the tutorial, and I got some short-haired blond girl (R) that I don't recognize, so she's either from after I stopped watching or she's invented for the game. Or I suppose I've simply forgotten her.

So much kanji I've given up on having much more than the faintest of ideas what's going on. Not like it matters much anyway, I think. Plenty of funny faces, though.

I was gonna say the scenarios get mean, since the later ones prod you to clear harder versions of the stage with tougher conditions, but I decided to see what the screen said and it has an alternative of clearing an easier episode 7 times to unlock, so that's nice. Especially since I'm fairly certain it's impossible to manage with just your starting idols. You start with 2 Rs, one random, and various normals. Also as some sort of “lots of downloads” promo I got 2SRs, so that's helpful.

Still, I saw (and totally hosed up) an eight-finger simultaneous tap, so holy poo poo. I don't think there's really enough room on my phone to do that. Same for some of the holds, since I think they count for the combo — as you hold, they count up and that value is added to your combo. The holds are fine, but then they also tend to want you to tap around them as well. But at least you can go back to holding, and it doesn't seem to break your combo (I'm assuming there's a combo bonus).

Also another reminder to go to random rooms:

Also idol rap battles: still amusing, also the easiest event: you don't even need headphones (or to do anything besides have better numbers than the ai (more or less)

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Yesssss. Got my Syuko now.

I'm currently ranked at 130,000th or so. I kind of doubt I can make the top 100,000, but I guess I'll keep playing a bit more and see how close I get in the next day.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Welp, just failed my second Score Match round today. I don't think I've ever failed more than one per event duration.

The first one was due to that odd glitch where, when you tap a note, the entire game slows down while your finger's on the screen, and the audio screws up.

The failure just now was due to having to take a call from presidential campaign volunteers asking for support.

Guess who's voting for Kasich now?

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

Yaaaaaaaaaay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FsujwBXwWPU

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Ugh, NozoEli events. Both are very good Love Lives, but I think EN Nozo's going to have to sit this one out. I already have her in JP, and this is an incredibly busy month for video games.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Gotta keep up, it's all about the HD version now (actually I can't really distinguish them)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=isKSYKgl9JQ

book
Nov 29, 2014
Waking up at ungodly hours on the weekend to squeak into the reward tier, how I did not miss you. At least Freddy get. Also, new batch of CDs look good.

http://columbia.jp/idolmaster/imasnews/160205.html

Asuka SSR soon...right?

Yes_Cantaloupe
Feb 28, 2005
Bokutachi wa Hitotsu no Hikari is probably my favorite all-of-μ's song. They really did a good job with that one. It makes me misty-eyed, and it has a good EX beatmap to boot.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

book posted:

Waking up at ungodly hours on the weekend to squeak into the reward tier, how I did not miss you. At least Freddy get. Also, new batch of CDs look good.

Man, I probably could've barely squeezed into the top 20k if I'd used more stamina drinks, also if I hadn't got a phone call half an hour before the event closed. I still got double Frederica anyway, so no huge loss.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I was about 7k points from getting into the ranking :/. Didn't have enough time to get more runs in.

New Caravan starting Wednesday, and there's a new item going up today that will get you a special something on Feb. 14 if it's in your room.

Also, I just found out that Fumika will sleep on the new rug instead of just posing on it :3

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010

Polsy posted:

Man, I probably could've barely squeezed into the top 20k if I'd used more stamina drinks, also if I hadn't got a phone call half an hour before the event closed. I still got double Frederica anyway, so no huge loss.

Same, except I fell asleep lol.

New story commu and song for Mayu are up as well, pretty easy.

Apathetic Panda
Nov 14, 2005

This is how we roll.
Made it into Tier for Fredrica. Only really got the card because Kanade and Mika are behind her, who are two of my faves. And the partner card has Shiki in the background, another fav, so overall a good event. I'm still salty about Sae though.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

I guess the conclusion I should draw is I can rank pretty highly if I seriously go all-out, but generally I don't actually want to do that. Also I got a couple of convenient level-ups during the event. Not a big fan of these no-benefit level ups, though, need more stamina.

Here's my graph maker for the stats fans. Still tough to draw any conclusions when the events keep jumping between 7 and 9 days, but yeah, it's probably not getting significantly harder.

Looks like my centre for the caravan is going to be my only 9-star, Karin Domyoji, good enough option. I was using her a lot in the last event anyway since I (sometimes) needed a healer.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

More Puchi notes:

Frederica seems to spend the most time in the kotatsu. She always does at least six cycles of her animation or so.
Fumika and Syuko both fall asleep using the kotatsu :3
Missed opportunity: When Koume uses the copy machine, a scary image doesn't come out.

I finally picked up a Mirei today, so I'll probably put her in the Puchi room and she if she interacts with stuff any differently.

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else
So many random FC's on songs (that I haven't managed to hit in rotation) during this Score Event. Yeesh.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

Frederica seems to spend the most time in the kotatsu. She always does at least six cycles of her animation or so.
Fumika and Syuko both fall asleep using the kotatsu :3
Missed opportunity: When Koume uses the copy machine, a scary image doesn't come out.

Hmm, I usually assume that everyone can do everything unless it's obviously different (eg the mushrooms in the coffin). I don't switch idols out very often though so I might be missing out.

e: Frederica has a (semi?)unique animation for the dried plums table. I want to try everyone on everything.

Polsy fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Feb 8, 2016

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I think only a few characters have unique things. Like Frederica with the lamp.

E: I'm pretty sure most idols fall into certain categories for using items though. Since some share a couple of animations.

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

Polsy posted:

I guess the conclusion I should draw is I can rank pretty highly if I seriously go all-out, but generally I don't actually want to do that. Also I got a couple of convenient level-ups during the event. Not a big fan of these no-benefit level ups, though, need more stamina.

Here's my graph maker for the stats fans. Still tough to draw any conclusions when the events keep jumping between 7 and 9 days, but yeah, it's probably not getting significantly harder.

Playing with the numbers, it seems like except for the 100k tier, everything else grows pretty stably until the very end, where there's a little spike. Not nearly as much of a spike as in the token events, of course. For what it's worth, the two 9-day live grooves' total values were pretty much identical, and live grooves generally spit out more points than the token events. But they seem to be ending in the same ballpark, depending on which level. Kinda interesting that the gulf between 20k and 100k is so much bigger in token events, though. Big enough to fit the lines for 20k and 100k of a groove event in between them, as a matter of fact :v

Also I think most of my idols love loving with the lamps. Although now that I think of it, that's mostly cool idols, too. I think its mostly cute ones that I've seen play with the instruments? Like the bells and the conductor baton thing.

Ranko really likes washing her hands, if you were curious. Also, choked on a marshmallow. How do you actually manage to get anyone to interact with stuff, though? Dropping them on it seems as effective as dropping them in front of it, which seems to not do much of anything. (Although I still love that they get different reactions to being dragged about)

I think maybe different idols got different things out of the coffin from halloween, too. That's a good one. Kinda wish I knew what triggers some of them to skip around the room. I think maybe it depends on the song you're playing?

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Songs might increase likelihood but aren't necessary. I'm fairly certain Frederica skips around my puchiroom now and then but most times I don't have different music on.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I just let my puchis wander around for awhile and watch them. Most of them just interact with stuff that's nearby pretty frequently, though sometimes they will just wander away too. I think it's just random.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Yeah, it's almost certainly entirely random. Funny as it is that Kanako went for the chocolate-making station almost as soon as I placed it, I'm pretty sure it was coincidental.

If you want to make a thing happen (or, if you're trying to figure out where the interaction spot is) your best bet is to just block them in until they do it. I only just noticed the other day I'd had Pinya blocked off for a couple of weeks, terrible.

Sonata Mused
Feb 19, 2013

I do love a lot of the different reactions though.

If you have the puff dispenser thing, Fumika and Koume both get surprised by it and the puff lands on their head. I think Frederica and Anya both backed up and caught in their mouth and ate it.

Fumika also breathes a sigh of relief after she finishes her chocolates. Shiki, on the other hand, got very excited.

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Sonata Mused posted:

If you have the puff dispenser thing, Fumika and Koume both get surprised by it and the puff lands on their head. I think Frederica and Anya both backed up and caught in their mouth and ate it.

Yeah, there's a catch animation and a miss animation and an animation where it just fires straight up and falls back down into the machine. I haven't seen the one where it lands on their head, though, I'll have to look out for that.

e: actually that is the miss animation, but it can either bounce on their head and onto the floor, or bounce on their head but they jump forward and catch it anyway

Polsy fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Feb 9, 2016

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
Oh neat - got curious during an episode of my slow Shirobako rewatch, and turns out in addition to Ema's VA being the voice for Mika in Cinderella Girls, 3 more of the main quintet also voice CG characters:
Aoi's VA voices Yumi Aiba
Misa's VA voices Frederica
Shizuka's VA voices Ryou Matsunaga

Neato.

Futaba Anzu
May 6, 2011

GROSS BOY

http://prepara.com

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

quote:

Your search for "meatball" returned 0 results

???????????

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
when is the pripara mobage anyways

Zenostein
Aug 16, 2008

graybook posted:

???????????

She looks a bit like the sort of person who keeps tupperware in her purse to better take advantage of craft services.

Maybe that's it?

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I hate Loveless World

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~

boom boom boom posted:

I hate Loveless World

Loveless World is tricky as heck

though I think I went from almost failing it to an FC in the span of a day

granted the FC was intensely lucky and was not something I could duplicate until it was on rotation

Loveless World is fairly wild all the same.

Edit: For the new event in GF Note, scoring has changed for when you S score a song; I think you now get more points based on how much over the S mark you are. For two different songs, the event points I got from S scoring were 521 and 502, up from the previous fixed amount of 496. Now I'll be lucky to stay in T3, hah.

graybook fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Feb 10, 2016

ChubbyThePhat
Dec 22, 2006

Who nico nico needs anyone else

boom boom boom posted:

I hate Loveless World

I actually quite enjoy the chart to Loveless World :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Finally FC'd my first Expert song, and on my first try!