Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Molybdenum
Jun 25, 2007
Melting Point ~2622C

Count Bleck posted:

So it's "Threshold".

Oh god Fiery Temper is lightning bolt

Also, instant speed burn my god.

It is a reprint

Edit: plleeeease psychatog pleeeeassse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Devil tokens sound like fun.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Where is the wizards link where we are supposed to report these leaks to

WhalerWren
Oct 9, 2012
Meanwhile it looks like Nahiri is back, possibly now in Red/White?

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Devor posted:

Where is the wizards link where we are supposed to report these leaks to

You're posting in the correct place, concerned DCI member.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

PleasantDirge posted:

I really enjoy the lack of fucks given after spoiler gate.

Well, it's just a couple of commons and uncommons and one rare. I think this is the kind of leak Wizards might even be happy for. It gets people interested in the new set and upcoming mechanics without spoiling anything they really cared about.

Of course, it might be concerning on a systemic level.

Anyway Madness is an awesome mechanic and I would enjoy having some new cards with the mechanic.

Anil Dikshit
Apr 11, 2007
You guys don't worry, I emailed Paillusion 'illusion' Jarrett

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

WhalerWren posted:

Meanwhile it looks like Nahiri is back, possibly now in Red/White?

Based on?

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Cynic Jester posted:

Humm, potential SoI spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/f4zEP

Thanks for the link. What's your DCI Number?

WhalerWren
Oct 9, 2012

Attorney at Funk
Jun 3, 2008

...the person who says honestly that he despairs is closer to being cured than all those who are not regarded as despairing by themselves or others.

Snacksmaniac posted:

Thanks for the link. What's your DCI Number?

One of the spoilers not in that gallery (the original gallery had em all sideways)

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

Okay that's really cool, sounds like they have a setup for a Nahiri vs Sorin duel deck. More story for interesting walkers!

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

'Investigate' reads really weirdly but I guess it's basically a slow-trip variant.

Madness is cool, but it seems like it doesn't have many enablers outside of Young Jace, the Mind Sculptor in standard. I'd expect more seeds.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Cynic Jester posted:

Humm, potential SoI spoilers: http://imgur.com/a/f4zEP

lol investigate is dumb as hell to me but it gives me hope that Scooby Doo will show up in this block

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

mandatory lesbian posted:

lol investigate is dumb as hell to me but it gives me hope that Scooby Doo will show up in this block

I will be sad if no deck ends up being called scooby doo. (or scrappy doo, the red aggro version.)

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
lol one of the new mechanics is "get a clue"?

Delerium seems... really hard to actually make work in limited? Even if you have some self-mill, getting Creature Instant Sorcery Land in your graveyard is no cakewalk in a draft deck.

Madness being back is super cool but everything else is kind of disappointing.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Fiery Temper is going all the way back to Torment, talk about reaching into the vault.

Also Nahiri is alive and apparently pissed. That should be interesting.

E: That Envelop + Surgical Extraction seems pretty good. Good enough for Eternal formats as anti-Storm tech?

C-Euro fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 6, 2016

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm annoyed that this looks like "lol you should have bought Jaces: the set".

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

lol one of the new mechanics is "get a clue"?

Delerium seems... really hard to actually make work in limited? Even if you have some self-mill, getting Creature Instant Sorcery Land in your graveyard is no cakewalk in a draft deck.

Madness being back is super cool but everything else is kind of disappointing.

Well Artifacts and Enchantments also work so maybe they'll slightly push the power level of them to incentivize playing as many card types as possible

I mean yeah it's still gonna be hard but with the Self-Mill theme it won't be impossible.

Also yeah Madness rules

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
you guys are all banned

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

mandatory lesbian posted:

Investigate being so dumb is what convinced me these are real.

ptkfvk
Apr 30, 2013

what were those idiots even doing before sending it off to the feature match? just mumbling poll over and over again?

LSV just started the match against Paul with lands in front then transitioned to untapping his lands during Pauls main phase.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
i like investigate! it's like all my cards are cantrips

btw, LSV v cheon on the PT stream now

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

They'll probably include either Spellbomb or Seal-like cards to help enable the theme. It also plays quite nicely with discard and mill.

It does actually sound like a fairly interesting mechanic in draft. Rather than being 'I'm going to pick every X I see' it seems like it would be about taking a balance of creatures, instants and sorceries, as well as looking out for more exotic stuff.

e: I'm excited about Investigate because if there's one that's even borderline playable it will enable a sweet Thopter Spy Network deck.

e2: Dead Weight also makes it more believable because it's a not very subtle bullet for Nantuko Husk

Irony Be My Shield fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Feb 6, 2016

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Lancelot posted:

i like investigate! it's like all my cards are cantrips

Investigate is mostly worse then just a straight cantrip, but if there's a card named Murder Mystery that says Win the game if you have 20 or ore Clues, I will love this Mechanic more then anything.

Also it gives me hope that Innistrad is turning into a Noir-Horror mashup, that would own

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
yeah definitely worse than a straight cantrip, but hopefully that means they can push it a lot more

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
It was Liliana in the Gavony Township with the Lead Pipe!

Sgt. Ramen
Nov 14, 2011
calling it now:

Sloppy Murder - 1B
Instant

Destroy target creature. Its controller gets a clue token.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012
I want these to be real so bad, I love everything about Duskwatch Recruiter.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe

Sgt. Ramen posted:

calling it now:

Sloppy Murder - 1B
Instant

this is cool, welcome to r&d

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Sgt. Ramen posted:

calling it now:

Sloppy Murder - 1B
Instant

Call it "Imperfect Crime" and I'm down.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

TheKingofSprings posted:

I want these to be real so bad, I love everything about Duskwatch Recruiter.
It's uncommon too, I can't imagine passing it very often

Deckit
Sep 1, 2012

Night Danger Moose posted:

I took the BC version to FNM last night and went 4-0, 8-1 in games. The deck is legit as hell. Just wish my Big Al Drazi playmat and Oblivion Sewer shirt had come in last night for it.

Your only game loss was against me? :staredog: Makes me feel better about my 1-3 record. :unsmith:

Edit: gently caress yeah Madness being back. I love that mechanic.

Deckit fucked around with this message at 16:54 on Feb 6, 2016

scaevola
Jan 25, 2011
Delirium seems like it's the closest to the goyf mechanic we'll ever see in a standard. Seems like a hassle to keep track of.

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Night Danger Moose posted:

I took the BC version to FNM last night and went 4-0, 8-1 in games. The deck is legit as hell. Just wish my Big Al Drazi playmat and Oblivion Sewer shirt had come in last night for it.

Do you happen to have the list available?

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

scaevola posted:

Delirium seems like it's the closest to the goyf mechanic we'll ever see in a standard. Seems like a hassle to keep track of.
It will probably always be a trigger, so you only have to count it at some points rather than keep a running total.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

C-Euro posted:

E: That Envelop + Surgical Extraction seems pretty good. Good enough for Eternal formats as anti-Storm tech?

Maybe sideboard tech vs Miracles ? Fart around until you can take the entreat the angels and then they have to make the decision to concede 13 turns before they're dead to have enough time for 2 more games.

TheKingofSprings
Oct 9, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

Maybe sideboard tech vs Miracles ? Fart around until you can take the entreat the angels and then they have to make the decision to concede 13 turns before they're dead to have enough time for 2 more games.

I feel like the Terminus is probably a good deal more lethal if you snag it.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

Huey had SIX slip through space in a U/R draft deck.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

ptkfvk posted:

what were those idiots even doing before sending it off to the feature match? just mumbling poll over and over again?

LSV just started the match against Paul with lands in front then transitioned to untapping his lands during Pauls main phase.

there's a meme where people say "paul paul paul paul" whenever paul cheon is involved in anything

• Locked thread