Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
Dreadnought row has some harsh penalties. You need both a Forge Lord and Primus Medicae minimum, cannot take other HQs outside of more Forge Lords or Praevians, and finally you may never go first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Justaerin are loving dope as hell now, they're the cheapest 2W terminators in the game.

panascope fucked around with this message at 15:00 on Feb 6, 2016

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

In the Emperor's name, let none survive.

Mango Polo posted:

Dreadnought row has some harsh penalties. You need both a Forge Lord and Primus Medicae minimum, cannot take other HQs outside of more Forge Lords or Praevians, and finally you may never go first.

Would be odd if you couldnt use dracos. Might be something I email fw about.

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Thanks Mango, you saved me a trip to Europe.

JackMack
Nov 3, 2007
Thanks for al the coverage guys. I am excited for the RoW for dreadnoughts as it will let me play 30k without painting a whole new army. I lose all the time anyway so harsh penalties are not a problem.

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
I like the idea of a dreadnought heavy metal army, but I also want an army where victory is possible.

But having your troops choices be 3 Contemptors and 3 box noughts is very tempting.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Yeah this is great. Day 1 purchase for sure. Thanks for all the pics Mango Polo

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Please post all of the Sons of Horus poo poo that you see, now and forever.

Hixson
Mar 27, 2009

Also the Iron Circle loving owns. Its a great day to be a Iron Hands Iron Warriors player

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Xiaphas Jurr rules?

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

Hixson posted:

Also the Iron Circle loving owns. Its a great day to be a Iron Hands Iron Warriors player

How quickly getting your own special robits that no one else gets changes your tune.

They do look great though.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Christ, you never thought you'd be begging for Preferred Enemy: Monstrous Creatures.

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.
1) Did any other Sons of Horus stuff get changed?

2) What's the new SoH rite of war?

3) Did Red Butchers or Gal Vorbak get needed at all? (I'm not really clear on whether the new red book is present--is it?)

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Lord Twisted posted:

Xiaphas Jurr rules?

Hot

Oh and don't Mortitats NOT benefit from Legiones Astartes (xx)? Because if that's correct then they cannot use any of the BA wargear.

And our very first Dark Mechanicus unit is the HQ Anacharis Scoria.
e. Uploads on this wifi network are hosed.

White Scars RoW 1: Chogorian Brotherhood
- Ride like the Wind: Skyhunter jetbikes and Outrider bikes count as troops and score.
- Lightning Strike: Certain units have additional benefits.
Bikes and jetbikes gain Hit and Run
Infantry that does not start in a Transport must start in Reserve
Vehicles with more than 3 HP and are not Fast must also start in Reserve
Infantry units that do not have any Heavy, Salvo or Ordnance weapons gain Hit and Run and Outflank
Infantry with any Heavy, Salvo or Ordnance weapons gain Outflank.

- Warlord must be mounted on a bike or jetbike
- Compulsory troop choices must be skyhunters or outriders
- Cannot have more Heavy choices than Fast Attack choices

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Feb 6, 2016

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Quite a sexy character. Might look into running a sallies post-istvaan army.

Currently painting 10 flamer support Marines while refreshing feeds.

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Wait, so the leviathan dred is in here, but what rulebook has the Doritos dreds?

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

LordAba posted:

Wait, so the leviathan dred is in here, but what rulebook has the Doritos dreds?

Tempest.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."
I probably missed it but is there any news on the new Word Bearer ROW?

Hencoe
Sep 4, 2012

MY LIFE GOAL IS TO STICK A FLESHLIGHT INTO THE END OF A HOWITZER AND FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF IT
Did anyone think to ask about an ETA on those Iron Circle, because I thought I was almost done with my iron warriors and now I want two or three of those.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Any info on Death Guard things?

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

quote:

Just got out of the shopping line at the weekender and went straight to the new Death Guard stuff in Book VI & the new red book.
Sons of Barbarus was changed: we now have a 4+ FNP roll against all Poison & Fleshbane.
so, Sweep Attack and Unwieldy did get exchanged for Reaping Blow: fight at -1 Initiative in assault and gain +1 attack if in base contact with more than one enemy model at their own Init step. YES.
And what's that?? Yes, Silence has Reaping Blow as well. No change to Poison 4+ missiles but it now combines with the new RoW, so that's ok.
Oh hey and did you know? GRAVE WARDEN CAN OVERWATCH WITH THE DEATH CLOUD DESPITE CATAPHRACTII. Yaasssssss this is good
The RoW is Creeping Death:
Infantry in the detachment gain 5+ cover saves in the open as long as they're 12" away from an enemy model.
You get a pregame biochem bombardment that wrecks terrain by making the cover save worse & making it difficult terrain.
All frag and missiles in the detachment increased to S5...
Drawbacks: Traitor only RoW, no Shattered Legions either, must have a Siege Breaker, must always be Attacker, no Fortifications.
Virtually no disadvantages a good amount of the time for us other than a Siege Breaker. So. That's cool.
I think that's it! I'll reread it later but I'm going to go head to a seminar now.

quote:

Armoured Breakthrough: tank company with basic preds as troops
Primarchs Chosen: HQ primarch, no LoWs allowed
Brethren of Iron: Castallax as non-comp troops, Vorax as FA and Domitar as Elites
Fury of the Ancients: Dreadnought troops
Outcast Sons: traitor loyalists
Skyhunter Phalanx: jet bike troops
Orphans of Betrayal: loyalist traitors
Drop Assault Vanguard: first turn deep strike assault marines.
Recon Company: Recon as comp troops
Zone Mortalis Assault Force: termies as non-comp troops and one squad gets deep strike, bonus to breachers
Sacrificial Offering: expendable militia/warp cult.

DJ Dizzy
Feb 11, 2009

Real men don't use bolters.
Justaerin look loving dope with 2W and 5 for 255.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Mango Polo posted:

Finally got to crack open my drat books.

Blood Angels legion stuff

Anything people want in particular?

Well. Glad I held off on giving my tac sergeants power fists until I'd seen this. This is quite a bit to think about. Veteran tacticals with Furious Charge and a few bog standard power weapons are going to be pretty interesting.

15 points for a hand flamer isn't even that bad, it's clearly more about getting d3 automatic Overwatch hits for your tac squads than anything since you're all about committing your units to an assault, and it's just slightly too expensive to kit out a veteran squad easily. Maybe not so great at ST3 at that price, mind. Should be 10.

Mango Polo posted:

I'll put up more BA stuff later, but one of their row is basically about vomiting assault marines all over in turn 1.

Sold.

e: :lol: dark angels rules

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
FYI to anyone who is sad about BA/WS/DA rules, Allan Bligh has called them placeholders.

panascope
Mar 26, 2005

Justaerin can take 12 models in a squad too.

DrPop
Aug 22, 2004

Wow, those changes rule. Especially the Sons of Barbarus one.

Thanks for posting.

Rulebook Heavily
Sep 18, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
What units to the Blood Angels get, if any? And what's that special assault cannon teased on that weapon page all about?

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
The Iron Circle are coming in 3 months max, for the person who was curious.

These are Perty's originals, but rather additional units produced to both act as bodyguards to IW commanders and spy/keep them from betraying Perty.

Ursarax coming in 3 months max too. Might be on show tomorrow.

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007
New knight type, the Acastus. It's like a knight hosed a leviathan and out came the Acastus.

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer

BULBASAUR posted:

Looks like the are carried by their wargear:

:laffo: These are loving great. Just loving great. What the hell, Forge World? I expected bad, but I could not have dreamt up this poo poo. The loving sword legion. Fantastic. Look at that downside, holy poo poo. Maybe, maybe they'll have good rites of war, but I'm not holding my breath. Jesus gently caress.

Mango Polo posted:

FYI to anyone who is sad about BA/WS/DA rules, Allan Bligh has called them placeholders.
That's some goddamn placeholder. :cripes:

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

When are the new books available for sale?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

The worst legion gets the worst rules. :colbert:

Safety Factor
Oct 31, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Have a battlemech:

ijyt posted:

The worst legion gets the worst rules. :colbert:
:negative:

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Safety Factor posted:

Maybe, maybe they'll have good rites of war, but I'm not holding my breath.

Can't upload anything anymore, but basically:

RoW 1: Ravenwing Protocol

• Iron Knights: Sky Hunter jetbikes and Outrider bikes are the only troops you can take in a Primary Detachment with this RoW. The IC you selected to use this RoW must be on a jetbike or bike. Anyone who can't ride a bike is not allowed.
  • Knights Commander: IC in the detachment can re-roll wounds against targets with Toughness 5 or more. In addition they anf any unit they join ignore Leadership penalties during the Assault phase.
  • Search and Destroy: Jetbikes and skimmers (including those taken as... mounts by IC? I guess that's something for the future) can leave the table in their own movement phase and be placed in Ongoing Reserves. They re-enter using Outflank.
  • Hunt Them Down: Sweeping Advances can be re-rolled.
  • Scour the Land: Characters can take rad grenades for 5 points each.
  • The only vehicles allowed in the army are Skimmers and Flyers.
  • Infantry must start the game embarked on a flying transport and can only enter from Reserve.
  • No fortifications or Allies.
  • Only LoWs allowed are "Flyers of some type"
  • Inviolate and Alone: Models with LA (Dark Angels) using this RoW can never get Leadership benefits or Leadership-related bonus from non-LA (Dark Angels) or Sire of the DA sources. Also units from this RoW cannot be joined by IC from other detachments.

RoW 2: Ironwing Protocol
  • Interlocking Fire: Vehicle squadrons with at least 2 models remaining have BS5.
  • Exterminators: Infantry shooting at models within 12" add +1 to wound if they are using Pistol, Rapid Fire, or Salvo weapons of S5 or less.
  • The Dust of Untold Worlds: Each tank vehicle ignores the first dangerous terrain test they have to make once per game. Also +1" to distance when moving Flat Out.
  • Goliaths of War: All dreads included in this detachment have Fear (hello fear, my old friend) and Tank Hunters.

• Infantry must start the game embarked on Tank transport vehicles.
  • At least half the units of the armymust be Tank vehicles.
  • If all Tanks are destroyed, the enemy gets a free additiomal Secondary Objective.
  • No fortifications or allied detachments.

Rulebook Heavily posted:

What units to the Blood Angels get, if any? And what's that special assault cannon teased on that weapon page all about?

It's the same Iliastus Pattern Assault Cannon as from the relic book. 24" S4 AP4 Heavy 4, Rending, Malfunction.
Malfunction: When rolling to Hit, three or more 1's result in a malfunction and the cannon is permanently useless for the rest of the game.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Feb 6, 2016

LordAba
Oct 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Thanks. I know I should get the autocannon arms, but gently caress it I'm going plasma dorito.

Lord Twisted
Apr 3, 2010

Also to break things up have some WiP salamanders who I'm going to arm with 10 flamers and have roll around in a heavy flamer rhino. Optimum? No. Dope? Yes.

The Sisko
Jan 9, 2009

"Whenever there's injustice, wrongs to be righted, innocents to be defended, The Sisko will be there, delivering ass-whooppings."

Lord Twisted posted:

Also to break things up have some WiP salamanders who I'm going to arm with 10 flamers and have roll around in a heavy flamer rhino. Optimum? No. Dope? Yes.

Those Salamanders are :eyepop: ! I especially love the scaled tabbard , cloaks, and shoulder pads. Great work duder.

Stanyer89
Aug 4, 2012

Mango Polo posted:

I'll put up more BA stuff later, but one of their row is basically about vomiting assault marines all over in turn 1.

Please give me a reason to not smash all twenty-five of these jump marines that I just assembled and primed against the wall.

Mango Polo posted:

It took them this many YEARS for PLACEHOLDER RULES!?

:suicide:

Stanyer89 fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Feb 6, 2016

Mango Polo
Aug 4, 2007

Stanyer89 posted:

Please give me a reason to not smash all twenty-five of these jump marines that I just assembled and primed against the wall.

It took them this many YEARS for PLACEHOLDER RULES!?

:suicide:

The word "work in progress" was also used.

Anyway, RoW 1:

• Jump Infantry must arrive by Deep Strike on turn 1 without rolling for Reserve.
  • All Deep Striking units have a 5+ cover save on the turn they arrive.
  • Deep Striking Infantry and Jump Infantry gain Pinning on their ranged weapons on the turn they arrive.
  • Units with LA (BA) have +1 I on the turn they charge.
  • Must always accept challenges.

• Compulsory HQ and Troops must have jump packs
  • Must take a compulsory FA choice that is either a Flyer or capable of Deep Strike
  • No fortifications, immobile units, or LoW that are not Flyers or Sanguinus.

Row 2

• Units with LA (BA) cannot be pinned.
  • Units within 3" of an objective in their deployment zone gain Stubborn.
  • Units with LA (BA) that cause a Morale check in close combat do it with a -1 penalty to Ld. This is cancelled if the enemy is immune to Fear.
  • Units with LA (BA) that are reduced to 50% or less of their starting size gain FNP 5+ until the end of the game.

• Must always do Sweeping Advances.
  • Must always accept challenges.
  • Units with LA (BA) that are reduced to 50% or less of their starting size count as being destroyed at the end of the game for VP purposes and no longer count as scoring. Characters are unaffected.

Mango Polo fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Feb 6, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bear Throne
Apr 9, 2014
Did they fix assault marines being overcosted?

Is there anything there for Solar Auxillia, Cults & Militia, Sisters of Silence, or any other non SM/AD Mech?