Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ratpick
Oct 9, 2012

And no one ate dinner that night.
Greetings from page 1720. This thread keeps moving too fast, hope I've caught up by 1800.

I present to you our catte, recently washed. She's currently moping around, but she's already feeling a lot better after I gave her some treats and brushed her fur, so now it's silky shiny and clean.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

Ratpick posted:

Greetings from page 1720. This thread keeps moving too fast, hope I've caught up by 1800.

I present to you our catte, recently washed. She's currently moping around, but she's already feeling a lot better after I gave her some treats and brushed her fur, so now it's silky shiny and clean.

that catte has seen some poo poo

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Haskell9 posted:

Clicking the "support" button on most game launchers is about as useful as clicking 'let windows try to find a driver' in most games. Yours was actually directly useful, so kudos. I didn't click it because I assumed it led back to the game's main page or something. PS still out shopping.

Edit: appending to the button's description NO REALLY IT'S NOT THE BULLSHIT YOU EXPECT might help or might not.

Yep stopped by my bro's place, kinda tipsy, tried to log in and got this:

Could be bad timing on my part logging in during system maintenance. In addendum 'pumpkin spice stout' can be not disgusting my brother is a beer-creating genius

See here

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Marching Powder posted:

hmm i agree. generally when you say things people usually expect you to do them. this is a bad thing.

It's this mentality that's causing all of them to be well and truly hosed. Seriously, these guys are basically saying that it's OK to not give release dates. For a crowd-funded project that was already fully funded, had release dates. Then missed all of them.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

Cobblers posted:

I've never been able to get that far, to be honest I think you're giving them too much credit. My ship seems to have a 50% chance of exploding whenever I try to totally-not-frameshift-drive/quantum travel, so I've never even come close to finishing a mission.

Well I've seen videos of the missions, I've never been bored enough to try and do them properly. I did wander round the deserted base place and there's a good 5 minutes of audio message log/EVA content there.

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS5HSDup1lo

I'm helping

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

lol!

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

its still amazing that was their best take.

and half the time is spent on ben so lmao i can only imagine how bad the sandi footage was

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

peter gabriel posted:

Why would you need more than one attempt at something this generic?

Really poo poo managers like to make endless useless "suggestions" just to show everyone they are doing management things ie telling people what to do.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

its still amazing that was their best take.

and half the time is spent on ben so lmao i can only imagine how bad the sandi footage was

Doesn't matter it all adds to the resume which is now:

Best business woman in the world ever since she was a little girl. Single handedly masterminded a 100 million dollar marketing campaign.

The anchor woman on 4 popular internet shows.which she wrote and produced

Acted with A list celebs including Gary Parpman, Mark Hamill, Mark Strong, Gillian Anderson and some other people.

Has a degree in pretty much whatever you like. On request.

I'd employ her that's one of the best CV's I've ever seen.

As for Jabba ..... Hes hosed when this thing goes up

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I love how CIG is puffing their chests out about planning and roadmapping 4 or 5 years into development.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Khanstant posted:

oh no I wouldn't be able to play blizzard games again (Diablo 3 sucks, SC2 sucks, WoW sucks, TeamFortress2 already exists, did I miss anything?) But no, I wouldn't seriously do a charge-back because of their new changes, but I would want to do a charge-back to get my money back and get banned from bnet games in the future. I also wont do that because I'd have to like call the bank or go on the website. gently caress that keep my money, gently caress your game

The last great game a company named Blizzard released was in like 2003 and Blizzard essentially literally a different entity now. I have WC3 on CD anyway

I'm looking forward to Overwatch, all the people in the closed beta seem to like it. I can't play TF2 any more it's just a complete mess of random poo poo thrown at a wall that gets in the way of shoot mans.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

EightAce posted:

As for Jabba ..... Hes hosed when this thing goes up

Good for him. That might finally make him stop fantasising about Chris.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Tippis posted:

Good for him. That might finally make him stop fantasising about Chris.

Suicide would do that, yeah

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

God help me, I went to youtube and looked if the orginal video this is from was actually posted by CIG, and not some elaborate CGI prank by goons.

Is this for real? Is this a professional actress? Was this the best they could do with all the backer money they pour into this tire fire of a boondoggle?

e: ffs, she can't even look into the right camera!

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

The smoke detector went off again. :sigh:

At least I had the sense to put in ear plugs first this time.

He'd only begun one steak. I shouted over the smoke detector that we'd just do something different with the other one.

To be fair to Bootcha, my smoke detector always goes off when I make steaks, but it's intentional. Maybe he just has advanced steak-cooking knowledge.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Erenthal posted:

Is this for real? Is this a professional actress?! Was this the best they could do with all the backer money they pour into this tire fire of a boondoggle?

Yes. No. Only for certain modalities of “could”.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Feb 6, 2016

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Cao Ni Ma posted:

You should sue

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer
I mean, Sandi's acting job at Citcon when she played the crying martyr was atrocious, but hey, acting live on a stage and acting behind the camera for movies or tv can be two different things entirely at times. But is this the level of her charisma, even with the massive luxury of having near infinite time and infinite takes to get it right seeing as it is a pre-recorded show?

e: It might seem a late revelation, since I've followed the SC debacle for a long time, but truth be told I've never watched more than a few seconds in total of their "shows". I have this strange aversion to sitting and watching people lying to my face.

Erenthal fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 6, 2016

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Loxbourne posted:

Can some nice goon link me to the post in this thread where the showroom was first announced? Was it in a RtV episode, and if so which one?
It is discussed in the Austin update during "Around the Verse" this week. Maybe 5 minutes.

Warcabbit
Apr 26, 2008

Wedge Regret

Scruffpuff posted:

Holy poo poo. An industry standard patcher, and they use phrases like "we came up with" and the obligatory "we believe in it." Keep your eyes to the stars, Star Citizen. Backers, your godlike company just caught up with one of the earliest concepts in PC software.

I've built one of those myself and had it working for two years. Currently working on replacing it with one that will work under windows, linux, OSX, iOS and android. And it can patch itself.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Romes128 posted:

They really need to include the stimpire as a faction in ED

This is from like 5 pages ago, but haven't players created minor factions in ED? Couldn't the goons create the Stimpire and take over the galaxy? (I'm still a super ED noob who never gets a chance to play due to constantly having to catch up with this thread.... but it's been worth it).

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Warcabbit posted:

I've built one of those myself and had it working for two years. Currently working on replacing it with one that will work under windows, linux, OSX, iOS and android. And it can patch itself.

good news: CIG is hiring!

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK posted:

good news: CIG is hiring!

Bad news: CIG is hiring.

Warcabbit posted:

I'm guessing that they've decided to complicate things for themselves by deciding that their PAKs have to remain encrypted and they don't want nasty ebil competitors goons who-knows-whats to steal all their secrets by figuring out the encryption from the patcher.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Feb 6, 2016

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

drat Dirty Ape posted:

I want to grief this guy so bad, and I'm not really the type of person who griefs in games.

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

SelenicMartian posted:

Rehearse the verse, Sandi!

:drat:

Norefund14days
Feb 2, 2016

NO ONE CAN HEAR YOU PARP IN SPACE.

Iron Tusk posted:

You could also sous vide like a civilized person.

This^

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/DerekSmart/comments/44dn8k/someone_left_cig_for_personal_reasons_the/

It's Beer's fault Patrick left

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

:drat:

He's so right about the only reliable thing with CIG

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

fuzzknot posted:

Possibly, but it's gone off before when it was in the oven, and one of those occasions wasn't steak at all. I think it's just an overly sensitive smoke detector. I had one like that; it would go off every time I turned on the oven. In the end I ripped it out of the wall and bought a new one that waited till there was actually smoke to go off.

You need a kitchen alarm for kitchens, or just a CO alarm. Regular-rear end smoke detectors are either poo poo or so sensitive using one in a kitchen is like trying to make a multiplayer space shooter with Cryengine.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
EightAce is Wingman because he ain't ace :colbert:

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hey CIG I hope your watching intently, you should totally do this : http://digg.com/video/unreal-engine-virtual-reality-games even if it bankrupts you, especially if it bankrupts you....

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

drat Dirty Ape posted:

This is from like 5 pages ago, but haven't players created minor factions in ED? Couldn't the goons create the Stimpire and take over the galaxy? (I'm still a super ED noob who never gets a chance to play due to constantly having to catch up with this thread.... but it's been worth it).

Yeah player factions are a thing, but only to a certain degree. Can't say much about what goons are up to, but head to the PGS thread and wing up with some of us. ED is infinitely more enjoyable when playing with others.

There are only 3 major factions in ED, the Empire, the Federation, and Alliance. The Stimpire should totally be a thing in ED.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Jobbo_Fett posted:

EightAce is Wingman because he ain't ace :colbert:

EightAce is Derek Smart, and we're all Derek Smart, so in reality we're all Eightace.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

Wafflz posted:

I love how CIG is puffing their chests out about planning and roadmapping 4 or 5 years into development.
Seems like only yesterday they were admitting they didn't have one. (It was actually two weeks ago.)

In some ways this really might be CIG's best option. Consider that they did share a roadmap in early 2015 with backers. It included specific content release plans with dates. They missed half the content and nearly all of the dates. Oops.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
I've not really been keeping up with what's happening as it's gotten far too stupid even for me but is there any hint of anything before the end of March? I figure 4 months post 2.0 release the Citizens will be expecting something new and if they've nothing to offer things are going to start getting ugly.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

There's been speculation (and possibly a confirmation) that all dev resources have been focused on sq42, which can't possibly be ready for release this year. My personal bet is that CIG will release a single mission demo or something to show how amazing the story and the campaign is going to be in hopes that it'll appease the increasingly unsatisfied faithfuls.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

AP posted:

I've not really been keeping up with what's happening as it's gotten far too stupid even for me but is there any hint of anything before the end of March? I figure 4 months post 2.0 release the Citizens will be expecting something new and if they've nothing to offer things are going to start getting ugly.

kikkelivelho
Aug 27, 2015

Also wave 5? ships that continue to make the older ones increasingly obsolete.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

They really seem to want to keep backers' expectations low. I don't think they've actually announced anything?

• Locked thread