Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Despera
Jun 6, 2011
Wow there were a lot of controversies in that election. Thanks wikipedia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

one of the weirdest things that came out of that was how macaca/macaque was a relatively specialized racial insult, mostly you'd see it on spanish youtube highlights of black soccer players, but another area it was used was by the french colons of north africa and by gosh wouldnyaknowit george allen's mom grew up as a french colonist in tunisia

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

oystertoadfish posted:

it's possible that his decision to become a hardcore right wing demigod will affect it - it wasn't until late last year that his national approval ratings reacted to the things many of us had been laughing at for years. i bet for a long time, though, he'll be a role model for poor black children - and really i'm glad for it. role models never live up to the billing on closer inspection and it's nice to have a brain surgeon to point to if you're trying to get a kid to not gently caress his life up

He really does have a great, inspirational life story, regardless of his politics. It's a shame about the pyramids full of grain thing.

Cnut the Great
Mar 30, 2014

Despera posted:

Also Reston represent

Reston is a fake community. No one actually "lives" in Reston. They just reside there.

Also, I'm convinced everyone there is part of a secret cult that worships founder Robert E. Simon. I think that's who they gave their souls to.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Cnut the Great posted:

Reston is a fake community. No one actually "lives" in Reston. They just reside there.

Also, I'm convinced everyone there is part of a secret cult that worships founder Robert E. Simon. I think that's who they gave their souls to.

Reston, primarily known for Ebola

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Donald Trump posted:

I wrote the Art of the Deal. Right? We need the Art of the Deal. We need the Art. They never read it in this administration. They’re clueless. Obama is a disaster. I see him all the time doing bad deals. We give state dinners to the heads of China. I said, “Why are you doing state dinners for them? They’re ripping us left and right. Just take them to McDonalds and go back to the negotiating table.” Seriously. It’s true. But you know what irks me? Look, having nuclear. My uncle was a great professor and scientist and engineer. Dr. John Trump at MIT. Good genes. Very good genes, okay? The Wharton School of Finance. Very good. Very smart. But just think of it. I see Obama and these terrible, terrible deals and I'm like “Does he read the papers? Does he watch television?” Every television. Whether it’s Fox or CNN or MS – any of them. They all report how bad a job he does. Maybe he doesn't care? Honestly I think he's just stupid. People, we need the art of the deal, we need killers. It's so simple.

what part of your good genes led to your brother meeting a tragically young death from alcoholism, a genetically-linked disease?

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

He really does have a great, inspirational life story, regardless of his politics. It's a shame about the pyramids full of grain thing.

he'd have a great life story if he didn't make up weird poo poo about belt buckles or trying to kill his mom, but whatever.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad
Georgia (super Tuesday): http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/02/05/wsb-tv-poll-donald-trumps-lead-in-georgia-deflates-hillary-clinton-still-cruises-here/

Donald Trump: 27.3 percent;
Ted Cruz: 18.3 percent;
Marco Rubio: 18.2 percent;
Undecided: 15.4 percent;
Ben Carson: 7.7 percent;
John Kasich: 4.4 percent;
Chris Christie: 3.9 percent;
Jeb Bush: 3 percent;
Carly Fiorina: 1.8 percent.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

Top Bunk Wanker posted:

It must have been for the children's plays about him and poo poo.

oystertoadfish
Jun 17, 2003

Corek posted:

Reston, primarily known for Ebola

the former location of the lab where that poo poo went down is now a kindercare
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reston_virus#Post-Reston
i drove by there on my way to the ice rink back in the day yall never hung out in that particular strip mall tho tbh

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Cruz is about to find out from the Carson camp that nobody carries a grudge quite like a fundie Christian.

Jewel Repetition
Dec 24, 2012

Ask me about Briar Rose and Chicken Chaser.

shiksa posted:

he'd have a great life story if he didn't make up weird poo poo about belt buckles or trying to kill his mom, but whatever.

Hey, it could be true.

Kings Of Calabria
Sep 10, 2013
Great now Carson will be getting five figures per speech talking about how The Establishment screwed him out of a guaranteed first-place victory in the Iowa caucuses.

QuasarIntheMist
Sep 4, 2011

https://twitter.com/kalebhorton/status/695714237537071108

Yudo
May 15, 2003

oystertoadfish posted:

one of the weirdest things that came out of that was how macaca/macaque was a relatively specialized racial insult, mostly you'd see it on spanish youtube highlights of black soccer players, but another area it was used was by the french colons of north africa and by gosh wouldnyaknowit george allen's mom grew up as a french colonist in tunisia

Wow. Learn something new everyday. I remember that video and just thought he was being an inexcusable rear end in a top hat--I mean, what a weird thing to call someone. Well, george Allen can eat poo poo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Jewel Repetition posted:

Hey, it could be true.

if im going to believe in that i might as well start believing in jesus

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon
The Guardian reviews Xcom 2

quote:

On my first campaign run, in this time for heroes, I decided to try and take back the Earth with current US presidential candidates. Surely Trump and Sanders would set aside petty squabbles for the good of humanity? The highlight of this short-lived team was the death of Hillary Clinton and severe wounding of Donald Trump during a mission, simply because for some reason Ted Cruz stopped panicking and turned into Rambo. Faced with near-certain defeat Cruz proceeded to absolutely shred through the alien forces with multiple crits and returned to base as the soldier who dealt most damage, made more attacks (the end-of-mission stats are lovely) and brought home the loot. A good day for fruitcakes.

The team was short-lived, however, because in the very next mission I over-extended our conservative hero. When Cruz was wounded, Bernie Sanders was mind-controlled by an alien Sectoid and shot him in the back. Trump was in the hospital, but replacement Marco Rubio panicked and ran into cover. The mind-controlled Sanders was promptly slaughtered by the aliens on the next turn, which saw Ben Carson also panic. I never regained control: Rubio and Carson, white-eyed and trembling, hid in their own little corners as the aliens advanced, and never came home.

tote up a bags
Jun 8, 2006

die stoats die

CANON ISSUE: Ted Cruz is not human

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I think my biggest question is: With all the fervor towards himself and animosity towards the other opponents, are Trump supporters willing to support another "establishment" candidate? If Trump can pull in 25% regularly in these contest, even half refusing to support another candidate would be a disaster for the general.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

I didn't like your old red text so here's some dancing cash. :10bux:

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

I think my biggest question is: With all the fervor towards himself and animosity towards the other opponents, are Trump supporters willing to support another "establishment" candidate? If Trump can pull in 25% regularly in these contest, even half refusing to support another candidate would be a disaster for the general.

They'll hold their nose. Just like D's will hold their nose if their preferred candidate doesn't win. Worry not though the whining will be legendary

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Just bought XCOM 2 and will proceed to do this / report back

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Found out my grandma gets called by pollsters all the time because she has had the same landline number for decades. She just hangs up. I asked her if she could yell TRUMP first but she said no. Can't wait for the debate tonight though, going to be insane.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

Stoat posted:

CANON ISSUE: Ted Cruz is not human

please tag xcom2 spoilers

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

SirKibbles posted:

They'll hold their nose. Just like D's will hold their nose if their preferred candidate doesn't win. Worry not though the whining will be legendary

But the D race has been quite civil especially when compared with the R race. The R race has had questions of eligibility brought up. Trump is not playing the nice "this person is a bad politician" card. He has been playing the "this person sucks hard" card which has made his support more rabid and opposing of everyone else (see the Freep and /pol civil wars).

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
Oh, Jeb!...

https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/status/695979656617578496

It connotes patheticness.

Peel
Dec 3, 2007

It's going to be such a relief when Christie drops out and can finally admit to his neighbours that he's voting for Trump.

SHY NUDIST GRRL
Feb 15, 2011

Communism will help more white people than anyone else. Any equal measures unfairly provide less to minority populations just because there's less of them. Democracy is truly the tyranny of the mob.

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

But the D race has been quite civil especially when compared with the R race. The R race has had questions of eligibility brought up. Trump is not playing the nice "this person is a bad politician" card. He has been playing the "this person sucks hard" card which has made his support more rabid and opposing of everyone else (see the Freep and /pol civil wars).

Never mind half of his people never voted in the first place.

Vile
Aug 28, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
OH MY GOD IM FINALLY FREE

SO MUCH HAPPENS IN A WEEK JFC

Il Federale
Oct 10, 2012

Vile posted:

OH MY GOD IM FINALLY FREE

SO MUCH HAPPENS IN A WEEK JFC

welcome back purple boba fett

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Bizarro Kanyon posted:

McCain's secret black baby? Like half the poo poo Hillary and Obama said/wink wink knuged. Politics get ugly but don't discount good old fashioned gently caress the other guys ever.

The worst part is Trump is right, like he's being an rear end but Jeb did just bring his mom in to say stuff so no one can attack back.

SirKibbles fucked around with this message at 16:21 on Feb 6, 2016

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane
I'd feel bad for Fiorina being snubbed in the debate, if not for the fact she's an unlikeable lunatic whose demonic countenance makes me want to vomit.

And now she's whining on CNN about it...

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
New UmassLowell Tracking poll of NH:

http://www.uml.edu/docs/2-6%20TOPLINE%20-%20UMassLowell-7NEWS%20NH%20PRIMARY_tcm18-230852.pdf

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

I'm going to chalk that up as a 9 for Gilmore.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Trump is losing people to Rubio and Kaisch if I'm reading this right. Makes sense since Trump's base is surprisingly moderate Republicans

Wall Is Life
Sep 29, 2015

#NoBanNoWall

SirKibbles posted:

Trump is losing people to Rubio and Kaisch if I'm reading this right. Makes sense since Trump's base is surprisingly moderate Republicans

With the exception of immigration, I'm not really sure how you can call Rubio a moderate.

SirKibbles
Feb 27, 2011

Wall Is Life posted:

With the exception of immigration, I'm not really sure how you can call Rubio a moderate.

He's perceived as a moderate we are talking about the primary

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Wall Is Life posted:

Rubio is whatever you want him to be.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Montasque posted:

Rubio is whatever you want him to be.

:mrgw:

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

I think the main issue with those polls is that Rubio is likely to beat out the other establishment candidates. That could be the beginning of the end for Trump.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth

That Rubio support looks pretty soft

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Pustulio posted:

The advent of the candidate parody accounts is the best thing to happen to this thread in ages.

I haven't seen these gimmicks since we had character accounts for TV shows poo poo positing on TVIV.

• Locked thread