Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Realistically what tier of the Jedi challenge will you guys be ready for next week when this drops?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Zotix posted:

Realistically what tier of the Jedi challenge will you guys be ready for next week when this drops?

3*

I've decided I can't get to 5* to get the character, so I'll finish off my arena team grinding and then start working on my Jedi squad.

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Kegslayer posted:

Poe isn't the real issue though.

The main issue is that the developers are poo poo with an example being that single target DPS are able to able to knock out one or two of your guys in the first turn. Poe just helps make that easier by starting first and making the other guys go slower.

Droid teams will get shafted if Poe goes but otherwise you're still going to see the same old characters in the meta.

I agree 100%, but it takes a long time to properly adjust and test a full overhaul of the game mechanics, which is kinda what needs to be done. In the meantime, tone down the biggest offender of the bad mechanics.

Zotix posted:

I have 5 at 4* or better

oops wrong forum fucked around with this message at 21:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Malgrin posted:

Lumi is way, way better than any other healer, except maybe Barris. I should add an asterisk here that I don't have any other healers at 7*, but there was a point where I had Lumi and JC in a similar star/level/gear range, and I think JC healed for just a little bit more. However, Lumi's heal adds a heal over time. Additionally, she's a great GW leader because she heals at the start of your turn, and adds evasion. Additionally, she does significantly more damage than any other healer.

Talia is just bad. She gets a little bit better with this patch, but I think she'll still be bad. Her biggest problem is that she uses her own health pool to heal everyone else. If she's geared/etc., that heal is pretty decent, but at a cost of 20% of her own health. On the plus side, she heals when she attacks, and with this next patch, she'll get a pretty good boost to that.

There's also a pretty good primer in the OP. I see a lot of questions in this thread that could be answered by reading that.

Basically Luminara is the best character with a heal, but not the best healer.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Thanks. I honestly rather focus on GW. I'm able to keep between #500-#600 in Arena which gives me at least one shipment purchase a day. I'm about halfway through the last star on both Sidious and Phasma. I'm going to get one more star for Daka (the one before last or whatever) and stop there with her. She is supposed to be great with the stuns and the revives but nothing ever procs for me. I'm stupid unlucky. I rarely get stuns. I never get passive revives, I rarely ever get heal revives. And the cooldown is just absolutely godawful on that heal. I was doing better with an underleveled/undergeared JC. I'm just incredibly unlucky. Every GW match the AI just focus burst down whatever target is weakest after rounds and rounds of just attacking whatever.

I think my strategy has been pretty fine though. I focus on sid first, lumi second unless there's another big DPSer out there. I usually never use my sids aoe until the target of focus has the healing debuff on him. I usually leave the counter-attack heroes last unless it's the turn of a hero that has a bunch of health still and can take the damage.

I just wish GW didn't pull from actual player teams. Because it just means I'm playing the same team over and over again.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Zotix posted:

4*, thanks to my Jedi Knight Guardian (I knew she'd be good for something :v: ).

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
In GW, I roll with JC and Lumi.

JC's heal is clutch because you can use it every 2 turns.
Lumi's heal is on a 4-turn cycle, but it's clutch because you can cast it towards the end of a fight and the HOT will keep you capped off while you finish off that Dooku.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I use Barris leader, Luminara, QGJ, Phasma, and Aayla Secura for GW. Dooku could easily sub in for Aayla. I only use Barris for when someone has healing debuff and starts to get focused. Cruise to victory daily.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~
http://imgur.com/a/Oxp5K

This gotta be the whalest whale there is.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

That's his second account. I saw a pic of someone with 1100 extra shards for Leia. That account is probably $4k

Zotix fucked around with this message at 22:03 on Feb 5, 2016

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine
I'm pretty excited for this Jedi only event. So many people are going to dump all their resources into getting 5 7* Jedi heroes, and they'll never use most of them ever again after that event. So not only are a bunch of players going to totally hamstring themselves for long-term arena and GW, but there will be so many more Jedi teams in arena, that Dooku and Sid will absolutely dominate. Hope getting Yoda is going to be worth it.

commish
Sep 17, 2009

Zotix posted:

If it started on Monday, I think I would have a 5* team ready to go. By the end, I hope to have 6*. It's gonna depend on how fast I can farm the Eeth shards. Can only get 5 every 6 hours.

Present posted:

I'm pretty excited for this Jedi only event. So many people are going to dump all their resources into getting 5 7* Jedi heroes, and they'll never use most of them ever again after that event. So not only are a bunch of players going to totally hamstring themselves for long-term arena and GW, but there will be so many more Jedi teams in arena, that Dooku and Sid will absolutely dominate. Hope getting Yoda is going to be worth it.

If the AI wasn't so dumb on defense, you might be right. But I'm pretty sure I could get a top ranking in Arena with a Jedi team, even against Dooku/Sid teams. It's not like everyone's other characters go away. Also, any and all characters are a bonus in GW, so I don't know how this would hurt your GW team. If anything, Jedi are great for GW. Lumi, Barris and JC are all top tier GW characters.

commish fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Feb 5, 2016

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Too bad they won't have enough MK3 ability mats to make more than a few effective teams.

Present
Oct 28, 2011

by Shine

commish posted:

If the AI wasn't so dumb on defense, you might be right. But I'm pretty sure I could get a top ranking in Arena with a Jedi team, even against Dooku/Sid teams. It's not like everyone's other characters go away. Also, any and all characters are a bonus in GW, so I don't know how this would hurt your GW team. If anything, Jedi are great for GW. Lumi, Barris and JC are all top tier GW characters.

I think a lot of people chasing the Jedi dream will start dropping rank in arena for obvious reasons. People that don't get sidetracked from building a well synergized team will rise through the arena ranks to the top. Then you'll meet those tight arena teams in GW in the last 3 battles. So not only will you be facing fully kitted out whale teams in GW as you are now but you'll also be facing crazy strong F2P arena teams too.

But maybe there will be so many people on the Jedi bandwagon that GW will actually be easier, who knows.

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Tagichatn posted:

Too bad they won't have enough MK3 ability mats to make more than a few effective teams.

Good point, that's really the only thing money can't (yet) directly buy.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Mr. Neutron posted:

Good point, that's really the only thing money can't (yet) directly buy.

You sorta can now with the top tier cantina battles. They drop mk3 mats much more often than lower tiers, enough that I'm using my regular energy refresh crystals on cantina instead.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Mr. Neutron posted:

There really needs to be a cap on how much currency you can hold. How would a player who started today ever catch up to the people (p2w or free) who are "finished" leveling up dudes and just stockpile enough to insta-buy any new ones? I know there have been people like that posting in this thread, it's not just imgur whales. If you could only hold say 1000 cantina coins or something it would help.

Tagichatn
Jun 7, 2009

Syrinxx posted:

There really needs to be a cap on how much currency you can hold. How would a player who started today ever catch up to the people (p2w or free) who are "finished" leveling up dudes and just stockpile enough to insta-buy any new ones? I know there have been people like that posting in this thread, it's not just imgur whales. If you could only hold say 1000 cantina coins or something it would help.

There's already a cap on how much currency you can spend and you have to pay crystals to bypass it. Having a cap on how much you can hold doesn't make EA any money.

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

Tagichatn posted:

There's already a cap on how much currency you can spend and you have to pay crystals to bypass it. Having a cap on how much you can hold doesn't make EA any money.
Ah, yeah forgot you'd have to refresh a ton to insta-buy. Still it's discouraging to know people have nowhere to spend all that currency they are amassing because there is no reason to collect and level up 90% of the dudes because they comparatively suck poo poo.

Sadly, this thread seems full of just grizzled old semi-whales talking about the meta and which 80 shard mon they should 7*. I seem to be the only new player which is alarming for a game that's not even 2 months old and completely full of polish and (usually) quite fun. How is EA going about attracting and retaining new players I wonder?

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

Far from it. Go back the last few pages, this game is bringing in new people left and right.

Mooktastical
Jan 8, 2008

Zotix posted:

I'm definitely going to be able to get the 4* one done. 7* Lumi and JC, while Barriss, Eeth, and QGJ are 4. QGJ is less than 15 shards away from 5*. I've been going for Dooku shards in cantina, and I've almost got him to 6*. Once I do, I'll switch to farming Barriss. I'll be able to do the 5* challenge and unlock the new character (Yoda) the second week the event is going on, and MAYBE even the first.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Syrinxx posted:

It's not really an issue. Any new player would be on a different shard/ladder than this guy.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm an outlier but I don't think it's Yoda. We know multiple characters are coming in this patch. I just think they are going to monetize Yoda. They'll make far more money off of him than anyone else.

Metos
Nov 25, 2005

Sup Ladies

Zotix posted:

I'm an outlier but I don't think it's Yoda. We know multiple characters are coming in this patch. I just think they are going to monetize Yoda. They'll make far more money off of him than anyone else.
Speaking of, since hearing the confirmation there's multiple new characters now I don't know if spending my stockpile of 10k tokens on Eath Koth is a good idea, because as a character he really seems quite poo poo in everything but his stun chance and the fact he's an easy to star up Jedi for the event.

Zotix
Aug 14, 2011

I'm leveling him up but im sitting on 25k right now. His stun chance is really good.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Having a pocket anti-droid character will be much more useful after the patch because you can preview arena enemies.

Eddain
May 6, 2007

Present posted:

I think a lot of people chasing the Jedi dream will start dropping rank in arena for obvious reasons. People that don't get sidetracked from building a well synergized team will rise through the arena ranks to the top. Then you'll meet those tight arena teams in GW in the last 3 battles. So not only will you be facing fully kitted out whale teams in GW as you are now but you'll also be facing crazy strong F2P arena teams too.

But maybe there will be so many people on the Jedi bandwagon that GW will actually be easier, who knows.

Anyone who's been playing for about two months probably has a decent Arena team already (7* Lumi and 7* Sid for sure). There aren't that many good choices from Arena shipments besides what, Han or the IG? GW shipments most people go for Phasma or Poggle after completing Luminara. From Cantina they have at least a Daka, maybe a Poe. Probably nothing from Cantina 7* but still usable.

From there you can divert your resources towards getting that 5-man Jedi team quite easily with Eeth from Arena (might fare well vs droid teams later on), and definitely QGJ from Cantina. Cantina battles people will have to give up on GS/Luke/JC/Dooku in order to get Mace or Bariss. There's no other Jedi you can get from GW so you can keep farming Phasma/Poggle or save the tokens for the update.

I feel like gear is definitely more valuable in terms of Arena performance. Yes you need stars for big HP jumps but most of your speed, damage, and crit will be from gear (and levels, since that gates gear).

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Gotta powerlevel my Jawa now. I wish I could spend my several million credits to buy training droids.

I used to have abundance of both. Then I have an abundance of training droids with no credits to use them. Now I have an abundance of credits with no training droids.

Malgrin
Mar 16, 2010

Ularg posted:

Gotta powerlevel my Jawa now. I wish I could spend my several million credits to buy training droids.

I used to have abundance of both. Then I have an abundance of training droids with no credits to use them. Now I have an abundance of credits with no training droids.

I've had an abundance of training droids with no credits since about level 55. I've leveled roughly every other day, on average, and level 69 just cost 750k for my A-team.

I'm also waiting on enough credits to:
Get Asajj's 5th star
Get Poggle's 6th star (I also need about 10 more shards - so one day)
Get Dooku's 4th star
Get Daka's 5th star.

I'm glad there will be extra credits on Sunday.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

This lunar credit event really sucks balls, 25k, 25k, 10k :toot:

*Why* is this a random number generator thing, and why is it on a D10?? It's not like you can influence it or pay crystals for more pulls so... why?

Sjonkel
Jan 31, 2012
Need some help deciding what to focus on next. I'm currently level 60, and I'm using 7* Sid, 6*Lumi(soon 7*), 5*JC, 6* Luke and 4* Poe in Arena, and pretty much the same in GW. I just got Luke to 6* and JC to 5* today, but I don't think I'll take them further just yet.

I'm saving my Arena shipment points for the patch, and using my cantina shipment points on Old Daka (will get her tomorrow probably). Still using GW points on Lumi, she'll be 7* in a few days.

I basically need something to spend hard modes and/or cantina energy on. When I get Daka I'll start doing more DS missions, so I'm thinking I want someone I can use there. I also want someone I can use in GW, since Poe is pretty useless there. Keep in mind that I'm already level 60, so ideally I'd want someone that can be useful sooner rather than later. Does anyone fit that criteria at all?

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

You should be... about ready to go get Kylo Ren in Cantina battles? He's beefy and handy in GW and Arena alike. Mace Windu is first node on tier 4 in Cantina too, and his buff might be... good? IG-86 is also tier 4 after Kylo.
Barriss hard nodes are a few levels off probably.
Geo Soldier is drat good and I imagine he could be amazing with QGJ, easy to grind in Cantina.

Todays favorite GW match up: All lvl 70 team led by 6 star Barris, with 7 star QGJ, 7 star Leia, 7 star Lumi and 7 star Ahsoka. Third from the last match. My team is 2x68 6 stars, 3x67 with 5-6 stars. :suicide:

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah, get a Geo Soldier to replace that JC.

... or IG86, since we're getting a shitload of free shards for him this month anyway, and he's easy to grind to boot from Cantina battles, hard battles, and GW shards.

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
Yay, I finally got JC leveled and geared up to replace Daka for GW. Keeping Daka for everything else. I'm 7 tokens away from Darth Vader too.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Seeing the first lvl 70 popping up in 20+ bracket, lots of familiar names (and whales) but it's impressive to see guys with 26-27k power rating when I'm only 23k. Just the last few days these guys been jumping several thousand in power rating - guessing it's gear related moreso than stars at this time. I don't think I'll gain much more than 500 power from going 6>7, but maybe it differs between characters (then there's also ability material upgrades that don't affect the power rating score at all yet adds tons of attack damage).

Gonna hit player lvl 69 tomorrow, I'm at 35.1M credits accumulated - might be the easiest metric to determine at what level one really is (both whalin' and f2p affects credits), what are you guys at?

Mr. Neutron
Sep 15, 2012

~I'M THE BEST~

Pimpmust posted:

Gonna hit player lvl 69 tomorrow, I'm at 35.1M credits accumulated

How can you have so much money? Do you only have 5 characters or what? Like, I had to sacrifice yesterday's and today's refills to do key battles so I had the 2 million I needed to promote just the main team to 69, still about 10 characters left stuck at 60ish...

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I think he's reporting his total money (including money spent) according to the achievement tracker.

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Yes, I only got 600 k in the bank and need like 2,5 million within 4 days :suicide:

In good news, I've spanked 3 Poe teams in Arena today, just wailing on their Sid as prio #1 and then unleashing my own sid and kylo AOEs does wonders.

Also learned that Kylo will counter attack 3 times vs Reys 3xattack :haw:

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Trash tier ReyI in this game

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pimpmust
Oct 1, 2008

Everyone at this bracket is running Poe, but many are just sticking him in the ordinary Sid/Phasma/Lumi/JC or Barris team (maybe Rey or GS switching out JC).

The guys that can loving destroy me are running Poe + guys like QGJ, FOTP, Phasma and Maul (GS/Leia can fit right in though). It's funny when FoTP attacks 3+ times, calls in an assist and before the assisting guy is finished with his attack animation my guy has taken 8k+ damage and died. Even jankier when it's QGJ or GS auto-calling in an assist involving FOTP *and* triggering Phasma assist. It's like a clown car of attacks :v:

I dread when more people figure out they don't really need healers / actually kit out full on Poe+attacker teams.

• Locked thread