Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Someone bought the SoI pack.

http://m.imgur.com/a/Ztvm8

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bhsman
Feb 10, 2008

by exmarx
Pack Guardian is really cool, I'm gonna need to find room for that in the Cube.

sit on my Facebook
Jun 20, 2007

ASS GAS OR GRASS
No One Rides for FREE
In the Trumplord Holy Land
You guys I'm getting a raging clue right now

General Wishy
May 8, 2007
I'm so excited for Madness to return. When my friend got me into the game, he bought me a B/R Madness starter deck. Since then, I've always had a special place for that mechanic. I can't wait to upgrade the deck with some new cards.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Skulk is a cool ability, also Skin Invasion sounds yucky and gross and I can't wait to see what it is

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.
So, if Flashback is out, then a Snapcaster Mage reprint, which wasn't happening anyway, for SURE isn't happening now.

Buy Buy Buy!!

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde

Jace, mind investigator

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

End of Life Guy posted:

So, if Flashback is out, then a Snapcaster Mage reprint, which wasn't happening anyway, for SURE isn't happening now.

I mean did we really need 2 2-drop cast spells from your graveyard blue creatures in the same standard

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

No flip walkers it seems.

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Gaz Posting Brigade :c00lbert:
Those flip card names are great! Kindly Stranger and Town Gossipmonger both tickle me.

Emerson Cod
Apr 14, 2004

by Pragmatica
Looks like at least two non creature artifacts and possibly 2 enchantments on that flip card so far.

logis
Dec 30, 2004
Slippery Tilde
Daring sleuth: I presume you were the uninvited Geist the night of the sloppy murder?

I did like the flavor from Inn last time, hopefully good the 2nd go around

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

End of Life Guy posted:

Buy Buy Buy!!

Don't worry it'll be reprinted in Modern Masters 2016. At Mythic. And the MSRP will go up to $12 a pack or something.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
"Uninvited Geist" :lol:
"Skin Invasion" :gonk:

Now that I think about it a bit more, with Madness in the set meaning there's going to be a whole bunch of discard / looting enablers, Delirium might not actually be so hard to turn on after all.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Flip cards have the best names.

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

Count Bleck posted:

Do you happen to have the list available?

I mistyped it on my phone, it's BWC not BC. I'll type up the list for you when I get home from work later.

StrugglingHoneybun
Jan 2, 2005

Aint no thing like me, 'cept me.

Rinkles posted:

No flip walkers it seems.

Collector's number is CH1
Could there be a CH2?

Origins check list was #000

is that good
Apr 14, 2012
Skulk looks like it could be their solution to the u/b overlap keyword?

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

Could be! I really like all the new conditional evasion that's not just flying or completely unblockable.

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Entropic posted:

"Uninvited Geist" :lol:
"Skin Invasion" :gonk:

Now that I think about it a bit more, with Madness in the set meaning there's going to be a whole bunch of discard / looting enablers, Delirium might not actually be so hard to turn on after all.
I think this format may be built around discarding from your hand, in the same way Innistrad was largely built around milling from your deck.

Myriad Truths
Oct 13, 2012

Irony Be My Shield posted:

I think this format may be built around discarding from your hand, in the same way Innistrad was largely built around milling from your deck.

That would be very interesting. That was a major theme in Odyssey which resulted in it being one of the most abstruse draft formats ever.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Myriad Truths posted:

That would be very interesting. That was a major theme in Odyssey which resulted in it being one of the most abstruse draft formats ever.

In Odyssey block it was only ever in one pack, though. (Madness, not self-discard in general)

whydirt
Apr 18, 2001

My guess is that madness itself will be centered in R/U or maybe R/B for limited with only a few cards in other colors at higher rarities. It won't be as crazy as Odyssey because it'll only be the main thing in a slice of the format instead of the entire set. There will still be discard matters in other colors, like the pair of land-based cards in green from that leak, but they won't go as deep.

That's my two cents anyway.

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

You know what this means, right?

Functional reprint of Wild Mongrel that's a wolf. UG Madness! :getin:

Irony Be My Shield
Jul 29, 2012

Yeah I could imagine Green is about discarding/getting back/finding lands. Hopefully this means we get a pseudo-madness land :getin:

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I want to see a Skulk creature that gets a power boost if it attacks and isn't blocked. Or one with a Pulse Tracker effect.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky

Irony Be My Shield posted:

Yeah I could imagine Green is about discarding/getting back/finding lands. Hopefully this means we get a pseudo-madness land :getin:

Maddened Growth, here we come :perfect:

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Entropic posted:

I want to see a Skulk creature that gets a power boost if it attacks and isn't blocked. Or one with a Pulse Tracker effect.

There is a pretty good chance one of the blue skulkers will have loot on hit, and a black one with opponent discards a card

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

This kindly stranger fellow seems trustworthy

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Eldrazi Displacer + Reflector Mage online in the feature match area

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

End of Life Guy posted:

Maybe sideboard tech vs Miracles ? Fart around until you can take the entreat the angels and then they have to make the decision to concede 13 turns before they're dead to have enough time for 2 more games.

Unless you have pressure or a way to break their lock they can just kill you with JTMS or Monastery Mentor.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."
Lapore becomes King of the Hill with the Definant Bloodlord/Felidar Sovereign combo.

GottaPayDaTrollToll
Dec 3, 2009

by Lowtax
Here's hoping "Skin Invasion" is an aura that slowly kills a creature and flips into a chestburster when that creature dies.

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer

BizarroAzrael posted:

Lapore becomes King of the Hill with the Definant Bloodlord/Felidar Sovereign combo.

I always wondered how much life gain I'd have to have in my deck to play Defiant Broodlord. Maybe it's more viable in OOB when you're WB Allies?

Death Bot
Mar 4, 2007

Binary killing machines, turning 1 into 0 since 0011000100111001 0011011100110110
uninvited geist is too good of a pun for that to be a fake

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
429 for regionals in Dfw. This isn't at a convention hall.

standard.deviant
May 17, 2012

Globally Indigent

Sickening posted:

429 for regionals in Dfw. This isn't at a convention hall.

I heard they bumped up the prize pool to 10k.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.

standard.deviant posted:

I heard they bumped up the prize pool to 10k.

Yes. And gave everyone a modern master 2015 pack.

Alaan
May 24, 2005

LSV rallied back from his Cheon loss and is 9-2 woo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boco_T
Mar 12, 2003

la calaca tilica y flaca
Other Regionals news I saw was Maryland is 10 rounds and in Raleigh they told everyone that the top 8 would be tomorrow morning

• Locked thread