Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gaz2k21
Sep 1, 2006

MEGALA---WHO??!!??
Tyler Breeze has the best entrance music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
they should have protected Breeze and then had him and Sasha form a group

god the more I think about Breeze and the more I think about Bull getting released the madder I get, just all this wasted potential of fun characters because WWE can't deal with fun as a concept in 2016. that's why Bayley will die on the main roster, WWE doesn't know what to do with people who aren't brooding and lovely and Roman Reigns or Baron Corbin (who, by the way, are basically the same character, except Corbin is a heel because the audience in NXT knew to reject a bad wrestler who was brooding and lovely). they can have WACKY characters like Dean Ambrose who don't get taken seriously and that's about it

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

I considered having the title for this week just be Wacky Line. Without even mentioning the date or WWE Discussion part. But then WWE had to put Ambreigns shippers on blast like that

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames
Miz/Fandango/Breeze should be a douchebag heel stable with MNM's old entrance of paparazzi and red carpet rollouts. They're all pretty similar in ego and character except for film, dance, and fashion respectively.

Jamal/Umaga's popup Samoan was fantastic and I really wish one of the Anoa'is on the roster could pull it off.

Thauros
Jan 29, 2003

Wrong thread, I'm sleep deprived

Thauros fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 6, 2016

bartok
May 10, 2006

I like Tyler Breeze because he reminds me of Rick Martel. Maybe he needs a button that says, "I'm a Model" to get the gimmick over.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

They'll call up Bayley, Vince will see how popular she is, and try to give her gimmick to Roman Reigns.

Roman will then win all his matches with the Bear Hug, and "I'm a Hugger" and "Hug like a Champ" will then be branded as menacing.

Keg
Sep 22, 2014
Calling Tyler Breeze's gimmick the worst on the roster when Sami Zayn's is "guy who still likes ska"

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Do they even make ska anymore

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

abraham linksys posted:

WWE doesn't know what to do with people who aren't brooding and lovely and Roman Reigns or Baron Corbin (who, by the way, are basically the same character, except Corbin is a heel because the audience in NXT knew to reject a bad wrestler who was brooding and lovely)

I might regret saying this later, but I enjoy watching Corbin matches more than Reigns matches.

SaberToothedPie
Dec 24, 2012

The #RXT REVOLUTION has two words for ya..
SCOOP IT!

:frolf:

he knows...

abraham linksys posted:

they should have protected Breeze and then had him and Sasha form a group

god the more I think about Breeze and the more I think about Bull getting released the madder I get, just all this wasted potential of fun characters because WWE can't deal with fun as a concept in 2016. that's why Bayley will die on the main roster, WWE doesn't know what to do with people who aren't brooding and lovely and Roman Reigns or Baron Corbin (who, by the way, are basically the same character, except Corbin is a heel because the audience in NXT knew to reject a bad wrestler who was brooding and lovely). they can have WACKY characters like Dean Ambrose who don't get taken seriously and that's about it

new day is fun

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Helicity posted:

I might regret saying this later, but I enjoy watching Corbin matches more than Reigns matches.

You know why I like Corbin? Because he at least looks like a dude who would kick some rear end in a bar somewhere. Roman looks like a model they put tactical gear on and said, "There, that'll make him a bad rear end."

ZenVulgarity
Oct 9, 2012

I made the hat by transforming my zen

Bayley is female john cena

CubsWoo
Aug 17, 2005

Where the big boys RAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGH FUCK YOU

Blast Fantasto posted:

Are you not aware that WWE had two Mexican wrestlers ride to the ring on a lawnmower, and that their entrance music was also a lawnmower sound

When three of your best drawing gimmicks in history are "Italian man" "Muscleman who loves America" and "Texas redneck" you tend to lean on stereotypes in the wrestling business

luchadornado
Oct 7, 2004

A boombox is not a toy!

TheKingslayer posted:

You know why I like Corbin? Because he at least looks like a dude who would kick some rear end in a bar somewhere. Roman looks like a model they put tactical gear on and said, "There, that'll make him a bad rear end."

I like him because he doesn't talk about magic beans or real life. Plus, End of Days is a cool-looking finisher although I know some people don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIyxyn4Fkg

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

roman reigns should show as much disdain for people from the indies as baron corbin dods

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Mulaney Power Move posted:

Do they even make ska anymore

Yes, they make lots of ska.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

sticklefifer posted:

Miz/Fandango/Breeze should be a douchebag heel stable with MNM's old entrance of paparazzi and red carpet rollouts. They're all pretty similar in ego and character except for film, dance, and fashion respectively.

Jamal/Umaga's popup Samoan was fantastic and I really wish one of the Anoa'is on the roster could pull it off.

They should rip off that character in Taladega Nights where the 3 of them are collectively Breeze. insisting on wrestling matches 3-1 as they collectively make a singular identity.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Helicity posted:

I like him because he doesn't talk about magic beans or real life. Plus, End of Days is a cool-looking finisher although I know some people don't like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yrIyxyn4Fkg

I think the actual move is bad but it does have the benefit of being a move Corbin can transition in to easily from a variety of ways so it can be a surprise instead of immediately obvious that it's coming.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I've been watching wrestlemans for a few months now and I still don't understand ryback

is his character based around how hungry he is and being a large man?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

How can you not love da big guy?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Ostentatious posted:

I've been watching wrestlemans for a few months now and I still don't understand ryback

Yes.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Ostentatious posted:

BIG GUY
BIG MOUTH

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Have a stupid thing I made

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9wyd9AmdGA

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

TheKingslayer posted:

Roman and any wwe superstar would mop the floor with your roody poo candy rear end.

Shawn Cotureier
Jan 21, 2009

Still better than Umberger
Dozey shows up on UUDD, Big Wool is there too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zz_kjoKJTPIPart 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TqWnwTaiAd4Part 2

Shawn Cotureier fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Feb 6, 2016

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ˇTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!

Luigi Thirty posted:

BIG GUY
BIG MOUTH

And he hates cold soup.

Ragnarok the Red
Jun 21, 2002

Ostentatious posted:

Just think of him as a walking Hungry Man commercial.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

Ostentatious posted:

He debuted several years ago as sort of a burly farmboy type named Skip Sheffield, got injured, then came back as "The Ryback" (his name Ryan mixed with Silverback gorilla). Ryback's deal is that he's a meathead who eats a lot and lifts a lot and talks about how much he eats because he's always hungry. There's not much more to him than that. He's mostly been a face but had a heel run where he attacked John Cena for being a terrible friend (with video evidence to back it up) but Cena laughed it off and called him a crybaby. Then he had a heel tag run with Curtis Axel where they were hilarious doofuses and it was cool because they're BFFs in real life. He's since turned face and had almost nothing to do for about a year, so he's now a remnant of his previous gimmicks but now has ditched the airbrushed singlet he used to wear in favor of black trunks because people have been calling him Goldberg for years. I guess they finally decided he should dress the part.

edit: also what Ragnarok said ^^^

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
Getting the crowd to chant Feed Me More makes Ryback more over than 80% of the WWE roster, so I believe that Ryback Rules

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bigass Moth posted:

Roman and any wwe superstar would mop the floor with your roody poo candy rear end.

I dunno if you're being sarcastic but Roman Reigns would gently caress 98% of us up and laugh about it if he honestly wanted to. So yeah, agreed.

Big Coffin Hunter
Aug 13, 2005

not me i have, like, a green belt in karate and watch tons of bruce lee movies. your move, wwe roster

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004
He's also from Vegas so even if Creative has nothing for him they'll still wheel him out for the hometown hero pop. Also the Feed Me More is both about how the dude eats dinner out of the bed of a pickup truck because he needs that much food to sate his hunger, and also because he's hungry for competition. The only thing you really need to know about Ryback is that's his name and he Rules. And CM Punk was really mean to him over an accident. Watch the interview with Al Snow about Ryback and also Table For 3 with Ryback, Ziggler, and Bryan for goofy Ryback stories.

I still find it freaking weird that Ryback calls Bryan "Dan," even in a super casual setting. Maybe he thinks he's protecting the business or something. Heck, maybe he doesn't know that Daniel Bryan isn't his real name, just based off his real name.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 20:42 on Feb 6, 2016

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Being able to beat someone's rear end doesn't make someone badass by itself, and lol at anybody still trying to argue that in 2016 after every time someone says a wrestler or athlete looks or dresses like poo poo

Bruce Lee dressed like poo poo and could kick every rear end, nobody denied that. Doesn't mean he didn't dress like poo poo

TheRico
Mar 1, 2007
I wish Rybaxel won the tag team titles :smith:

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

Chris James 2 posted:

Being able to beat someone's rear end doesn't make someone badass by itself, and lol at anybody still trying to argue that in 2016 after every time someone says a wrestler or athlete looks or dresses like poo poo

Bruce Lee dressed like poo poo and could kick every rear end, nobody denied that. Doesn't mean he didn't dress like poo poo

yeah but he can kick your rear end doesnt that make you feel like less of a man??

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Chris James 2 posted:

For me it comes down to making me believe you're a bad rear end. I don't care how you look, it's an attitude. Look at Vader, he was more terrifying than anyone in wwe not named Brock Lesnar.

keevo
Jun 16, 2011

:burger:WAKE UP:burger:

That Big Wool promo at the end is amazing. Happy that Kaitlyn is doing good with her business and I hope she gives her men jeggings to the New Day to wear it on TV and thrust their hips.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Also ryback is one of a handful of men to pin john cena clean in the last 10 years

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

looked vader up (using the internet) and he looks real scary

• Locked thread