Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

Why are your collarbones broken and sticking out of your body?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Kid needs to look to Edward VIII's example. Preferably without the Nazi sympathizing, though.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set buys only memories.

Working Daze innovates.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix is being watched.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow

I kinda like this one. The dog's stupid knock-off Disney character glee plays off well with Sluggo's misery.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!
Monty

Mike du Jour

Scary Gary

Intelligent Life

Retail

Dustin

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
This popped up on the Bloom County feed this morning. Oh, and there's a note attached.

Bloom County on Facebook posted:

Note from Management: Doubling down on last week's apology, we deeply regret committing "cultural appropriation" against the fine Americans who occupy the middle innards of this country. We deeply regret the theft of their festive appearance, artifacts and particularities of speech. Finally, we personally apologize to Ms. Char Treuse (below), president of the Iowa City chapter of MIILF: the Midwestern Image, Intellect & Lutefisk Front.

We've hereby met all of Ms. Treuse's terroristic demands and hope that she STOPS hacking this page and returns control of our Facebook password NOW.

--BB

Peanuts (February 7, 1969)

He didn't know Funky Winkerbean was going to happen. That always kills my dance mood.

It's Cheat To Win Friday on Crankshaft!

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 17-18, 1928)

Thimble Theater (August 24, 1929)

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Calvin and Hobbes

Ripley's

Darthemed fucked around with this message at 18:31 on Feb 5, 2016

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

Pooch Café

Man, she recognized her love for him even when he was pretending to be a snowman's hot rear end. That's like fairy tale true love right there.

Ballard Street

Having lonely roommates is the worst.

Lost Side of Suburbia

Art status: still good

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Darkest Auer posted:

Why are your collarbones broken and sticking out of your body?

That's just how Hilary draws boobs.

I'm equally amused by the guy's perfect-circle dotted-line goatee.

MalleusDei
Mar 21, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Redc8bv8NOk

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Where do you even get dynamite that looks like that? And why does that guy have some?

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 12, 1951)

Barnaby (June 19, 1942)

Nancy (February 26, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 9, 1928)

Hoover Dam
Jun 17, 2003

red white and blue forever

SomeMathGuy posted:

Pearls Before Swine

This is improved with the knowledge that Bo Jackson's retirement hobby/career is bowyer.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Is Sluggo being accused of witchcraft or something? Why is it illegal to tell fortunes?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

goatface posted:

Is Sluggo being accused of witchcraft or something? Why is it illegal to tell fortunes?

A lot of places have laws against fortunetelling because, let's face it, fortunetellers are scammers. The worst of them deliberately play on people's emotions to wring money out of them: see Sylvia Mitchell or Gina Marks for instance.

That said, those laws are a bitch to enforce and have been challenged on First Amendment grounds, and most cops have better things to do than bust every storefront palm reader and psychic.

Selachian fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 5, 2016

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

I vaguely recall some wartime restrictions on fortunetelling because it might be a cover for espionage.

TofuDiva
Aug 22, 2010

Playin' Possum

Muldoon

Selachian posted:

A lot of places have laws against fortunetelling because, let's face it, fortunetellers are scammers. The worst of them deliberately play on people's emotions to wring money out of them: see Sylvia Mitchell or Gina Marks for instance.

That said, those laws are a bitch to enforce and have been challenged on First Amendment grounds, and most cops have better things to do than bust every storefront palm reader and psychic.

It could also be because he doesn't have a peddler's license. Technically your kid needs one to even open a lemonade stand, but it's another one that is not frequently enforced.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
I thought that the art in this looked familiar, I just realized that it's by Roy Crane, who gave us "Buz Sawyer" that we saw last year or so.

Aardmania
Jan 1, 2007

Ruining newspapers since 1993.

Shredded Hen
Gil 04/12/15

Piranha Club

Dick Tracy

Judge Parker

9 Chickweed Lane

Is this strip suddenly becoming self aware?

Pibgorn Wahoo Terminal

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

:allears:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme
Moomin

Classic Dilbert

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
How much quicker would that story be over if they didn't have spidey in the last panel each time?

Presto
Nov 22, 2002

Keep calm and Harry on.
Crossover

Edit: And in memorial of Jack El Rod, some old Mark Trail edits:

Presto fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Feb 6, 2016

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (December 7, 1928)

Pogo (February 7, 1958)

Peanuts: Year Four (March 18-21, 1954)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

This was precisely the first thing I thought of.

EasyEW posted:

Peanuts: Year Four (March 18-21, 1954)

I love this one.

F Minus

I imagine the smell isn't so great either.

Not sure why they ran a rerun today.

Edit: Hey wait these are both reruns. How long have I been posting reruns?

Mary Worth

Some evil Italian stereotype is amused by Olive's fall.

Rex Morgan MD

Secret Agent X-9

I worked in a grocery store and it's true: women go crazy for the guys with grocery-related skills.

Apartment 3-G

At what point in 3-G's run did the men stop treating the women like children?

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 07:30 on Feb 6, 2016

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Johnny Walker posted:

At what point in 3-G's run did the men stop treating the women like children?

Never?

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Jesus, seeing classic Apartment 3-G compared to the 'new' stuff is really depressing.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Rhymes with Orange

Pros and Cons

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Darkest Auer
Dec 30, 2006

They're silly

Ramrod XTreme

SomeMathGuy
Oct 4, 2014

The people were ASTONISHED at his doctrine.

Mark Trail Meets Rip Haywire

Pearls Before Swine

The Phantom

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

SomeMathGuy posted:

The Phantom

"Preaching violence?! Not on my watch!"

*goes to commit violence*

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Don't be an rear end in a top hat, Ruthie.

quote:

Foob

Good God.

Luann

Why can't girls like nice guys? Like Gunther? He's so nice to girls. He deserves one. Stupid bitches.

The Amazing Spider-Man

So the Atlanteans are going to help solve the mutual problem that is surface people dumping poison on Atlantean heads and the surface people can rest easy knowing that they don't have to make any concessions or changes at all. Another victory for the Amazing Spider-Man who gets to take the credit even though he napped through a lot of it. All in all, a happy ending. :allears:

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Slammy posted:

Gay and Her Gang (click for big)

Funny, I heard that myth differently.

Feiffer (click for big)

Plus ça change ...

I want to give continued props to most every comic printed before about 1970, but particular thumbs-up for newcomer Gay and her Gang and good ol' Feiffer. Please keep posting them. Gay is well-drawn and funny - this is what 9CL desperately wishes it actually were. Being drawn by a woman probably helps, huh? I can't tell you just how skeeved I felt when I learned "Brooke Eldowney" was a man. And Feiffer shows us (mostly) timeless commentary.

I will also post the obligatory hate for Working Daze and wish that it would get its webcomic rear end out of the thread. But more important is that Gay and Feiffer are good.

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

Peanuts (February 8, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

LET'S RUN THIS poo poo INTO THE GROUND Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Out Our Way (September 19-20, 1928)

Thimble Theater (August 26, 1929)

treasureplane
Jul 12, 2008

throwing darts in lovers' eyes, &c.
King Aroo (January 13, 1951)

Barnaby (June 20, 1942)

Nancy (February 27, 1943)

Wash Tubbs (November 10, 1928)

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠

Johnny Walker posted:

Rex Morgan MD

Was that thing about her controlling everyone with her evil mind powers a joke, because drat, she's laying it on super heavy.

Like, In a year will Rex Morgan have to snap her neck to save a family from her evil powers?

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Anora posted:

Was that thing about her controlling everyone with her evil mind powers a joke, because drat, she's laying it on super heavy.

Like, In a year will Rex Morgan have to snap her neck to save a family from her evil powers?

Her creepy mind powers are canon in the comic. Her hippie art tutor spelled it out, saying that she is a child prodigy and her child prodigy talent is not painting as you might expect, but getting people to want to do what they can to help her succeed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

It's like she could see into the future and made a comic strip thread edit in advance.

SuperKlaus posted:

I want to give continued props to most every comic printed before about 1970, but particular thumbs-up for newcomer Gay and her Gang and good ol' Feiffer. Please keep posting them. Gay is well-drawn and funny - this is what 9CL desperately wishes it actually were. Being drawn by a woman probably helps, huh? I can't tell you just how skeeved I felt when I learned "Brooke Eldowney" was a man. And Feiffer shows us (mostly) timeless commentary.

I will also post the obligatory hate for Working Daze and wish that it would get its webcomic rear end out of the thread. But more important is that Gay and Feiffer are good.
I have to say it's downright spooky how relevant Feiffer often is still today.

• Locked thread